PDA

View Full Version : Dr Ben Carson to run????

newtothegame
01-23-2015, 08:29 AM
Guy would definitely get my vote!

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/taking-ben-carson-seriously_823841.html?page=1

JustRalph
01-23-2015, 08:49 AM
The GOP establishment won't even give him a look. They are going to snow plow right through him and everybody but Jeb

newtothegame
01-23-2015, 08:57 AM
Yeah that's always a concern, and I agree they will attempt to look past him. But, depending on how big of a movement gets behind him, you just never know.
Reagan came out of nowhere.....:)

Clocker
01-23-2015, 12:26 PM
Guy would definitely get my vote!

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/taking-ben-carson-seriously_823841.html?page=1

He is not electable. He is opposed to gay marriage, he is a creationist who doesn't believe in evolution, he is in favor of a federal policy on end of life decisions, and he is flaky on gun control. He was in favor of gun registration, but has flip-flopped on that. But he still maintains that people in urban areas should not be allowed to own semi-auto weapons, only those in rural areas.

He apparently has some administrative experience in running a department in a large hospital, but no real executive or policy experience and no business experience. He has given no evidence one way or the other that he understands economics or foreign policy. I would not vote for him in a primary. I would vote for him as the lesser of two evils against any Democrat now in the running.

On the plus side, he is clean cut, articulate, and doesn't speak with a Negro dialect, so he can pull in some Dem votes from people like Harry Reid and Joe Biden.

reckless
01-23-2015, 01:25 PM
He is not electable. He is opposed to gay marriage, he is a creationist who doesn't believe in evolution, he is in favor of a federal policy on end of life decisions, and he is flaky on gun control. He was in favor of gun registration, but has flip-flopped on that. But he still maintains that people in urban areas should not be allowed to own semi-auto weapons, only those in rural areas.

He apparently has some administrative experience in running a department in a large hospital, but no real executive or policy experience and no business experience. He has given no evidence one way or the other that he understands economics or foreign policy. I would not vote for him in a primary. I would vote for him as the lesser of two evils against any Democrat now in the running.

On the plus side, he is clean cut, articulate, and doesn't speak with a Negro dialect, so he can pull in some Dem votes from people like Harry Reid and Joe Biden.

But does he smell nice, Dr. Clocker? Serious minds need to know. Do you suggest I call the Vice President's office?

Tom
01-23-2015, 01:37 PM
And he is clean, and articulate.

That was all Obama needed.
Where is the "magic" now? :lol:

Clocker
01-23-2015, 01:40 PM
But does he smell nice

I wouldn't know. Classifying black people on the basis of appearance and image is a Dem thing.

Grits
01-23-2015, 02:32 PM

Apparently, you have extremely limited knowledge of Dr. Ben Carson. However, maybe you're well aware of the number of years one studies to become a neurosurgeon? The "some" administrative duties you speak so lightly of? They began, when, at age 33, he became the youngest physician ever to be named department head of a pediatric neurosurgical unit at one of the world's top medical centers--Johns Hopkins.

You actually believe the most renowned neurosurgeon in the world wouldn't possess any knowledge of economics or business? .... Maybe that's for only for Bush, Romney, Kerry, Cain, Palin, etc.

I learned of him in the 1980s, and bought his first book, Gifted Hands when it was released in the early 1990s. I've followed his career over the years as someone I know is a long time friend of his. They went through medical school together, and for years, still see one another at conferences, here in the U.S. and abroad.

I'm glad that you find him worthy as a lesser of two evils. How nice. You threw him a bone, huh?

What I find contemptible is that you're so supremely racist, so profoundly ignorant that you would write as you have in your last paragraph.

"He is clean cut, articulate, he doesn't speak with a Negro dialect."
Its taken me time to write this as I don't know when, here at Pace Advantage, I've seen such a display of racism. How does one even try and respond to this stuff???

I'm floored by the magnitude of your stupidity. Floored by how deep one's convictions run. Hopefully, you come to realize that you've indicated far more about yourself than you have about Dr.Ben Carson.

I see others have posted since I began this reply. No wise remark, no quip, no comment that you could offer would make the pit you've dug any less shallow. :ThmbDown:

_______
01-23-2015, 02:36 PM
Apparently, you have extremely limited knowledge of Dr. Ben Carson. However, maybe you're well aware of the number of years one studies to become a neurosurgeon? The "some" administrative duties you speak so lightly of? They began, when, at age 33, he became the youngest physician ever to be named department head of a pediatric neurosurgical unit at one of the world's top medical centers--Johns Hopkins.

You actually believe the most renowned neurosurgeon in the world wouldn't possess any knowledge of economics or business? .... Maybe that's for only for Bush, Romney, Kerry, Cain, Palin, etc.

I learned of him in the 1980s, and bought his first book, Gifted Hands when it was released in the early 1990s. I've followed his career over the years as someone I know is a long time friend of his. They went through medical school together, and for years, still see one another at conferences, here in the U.S. and abroad.

I'm glad that you find him worthy as a lesser of two evils. How nice. You threw him a bone, huh?

What I find contemptible is that you're so supremely racist, so profoundly ignorant that you would write as you have in your last paragraph.

Its taken me time to write this as I don't know when, here at Pace Advantage, I've seen such a display of racism. How does one even try and respond to this stuff???

I'm floored by the magnitude of your stupidity. Floored by how deep one's convictions run. Hopefully, you come to realize that you've indicated far more about yourself than you have about Dr.Ben Carson.

I see others have posted since I began this reply. No wise remark, no quip, no comment that you could offer would make the pit you've dug any less shallow. :ThmbDown:

He was mocking Harry Reid, not Dr. Carson. I think you missed the ironic tone of his post.

Clocker
01-23-2015, 02:41 PM

I was being sarcastic. Those comments about clean cut and not speaking in a Negro dialect were the well known words of Harry Reid and Joe Biden describing Obama. They have been posted and mocked here many times. I just assumed that anyone interested in politics was familiar with them.

If you read the other responses here, everyone else got the joke.

Grits
01-23-2015, 03:01 PM
I was being sarcastic. Those comments about clean cut and not speaking in a Negro dialect were the well known words of Harry Reid and Joe Biden describing Obama. They have been posted and mocked here many time. I just assumed that anyone interested in politics was familiar with them.

There were only a couple of more posts, but I apologize to you, Clocker. Which I hope you accept. If not, its ok, I'll understand. I involved the wrong man--you, not Mr.Reid. I wonder if Mr.Reid has recovered from his fall from his treadmill? Maybe, maybe not. He needs to retire. Old goat.

I don't rip apart, live and breathe politics as you gentlemen do. I make my decisions, vote and roll with the consequences. As well, I'm not tuned to any one news channel 24-7, though, I did watch Dr.Carson a couple of nights ago. Again, I'm sorry. I didn't get the sarcasm or the joke.

Clocker
01-23-2015, 03:14 PM
There were only a couple of more posts, but I apologize to you, Clocker. Which I hope you accept.

No problem. I know you are not one of the usual suspects among the political junkies down here in the lower levels of PA.

I have full respect for Carson's talents and achievements, but I see no evidence that those would translate into effectively running the government.

And from personal experience (and bias), I have found top surgeons to the the most rigid, uncompromising people I have known. He does not strike me as political person, especially not one who would enjoy the BS and horse trading it takes to be an effective president (e.g., LBJ, Reagan, Clinton)

Grits
01-23-2015, 03:38 PM
This isn't a lower level. Its simply a different level.

Think about it. The country's biggest scandal today? Not politics. Deflated footballs. That's a bit lower, you'd think. However, its not surprising giving our lust for sports and particularly the NFL. (...Brady, not so much.)

By the way---Duke plays St.John in NY at the garden Sunday afternoon. I hope Coach K gets his #1,000 career win. I know others don't, but I'm OK with that.

BlueShoe
01-23-2015, 05:35 PM
This isn't a lower level. Its simply a different level.

Think about it. The country's biggest scandal today? Not politics. Deflated footballs. That's a bit lower, you'd think. Deflateagate. :ThmbDown: Pushes the death of the Saudi KIng, the coup in Yemen, Keystone Pipeline, and the brewing Republican revolt in Congress onto the back page. :confused:
By the way---Duke plays St.John in NY at the garden Sunday afternoon. I hope Coach K gets his #1,000 career win. I know others don't, but I'm OK with that.Coach K a better fit checking footballs air pressure in Arizona. At least no doubts about his integrity or motivation.

PaceAdvantage
01-25-2015, 03:59 PM
On the plus side, he is clean cut, articulate, and doesn't speak with a Negro dialect, so he can pull in some Dem votes from people like Harry Reid and Joe Biden.They'll never live down that nonsense, and I'm glad people like you keep shoving it in their faces to remind them... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PaceAdvantage
01-25-2015, 04:02 PM

I see others have posted since I began this reply. No wise remark, no quip, no comment that you could offer would make the pit you've dug any less shallow. :ThmbDown:You need to catch up on your current events. He was merely parroting what was said by some of the most respected DEMOCRATS in the land about President Obama when he was first running for President.

I know, crazy, isn't it? Harry Reid says something like this, and nobody blinks an eye in the media and people keep reelecting him...but God forbid Mitt Romney utters something as harmless as his 47% line, and he loses an election...

Clocker
01-25-2015, 04:14 PM
They'll never live down that nonsense, and I'm glad people like you keep shoving it in their faces to remind them...

Might as well throw the first black president in here as well. Talking about Obama, Clinton told Ted Kennedy, "A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/bill-clinton-told-ted-kennedy-obama-coffee-years-game-change-article-1.197492

FantasticDan
01-25-2015, 05:51 PM
Might as well throw the first black president in here as well. Talking about Obama, Clinton told Ted Kennedy, "A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/bill-clinton-told-ted-kennedy-obama-coffee-years-game-change-article-1.197492Actually that "quote" was paraphrased based on anonymous sources:

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2010/01/11/memo-to-media-statement-attributed-to-clinton-i/158915

Tom
01-25-2015, 06:32 PM
Must be true...there it is, in a left wing BLOG!

Grits
01-25-2015, 07:35 PM
You need to catch up on your current events. He was merely parroting what was said by some of the most respected DEMOCRATS in the land about President Obama when he was first running for President.

I know, crazy, isn't it? Harry Reid says something like this, and nobody blinks an eye in the media and people keep reelecting him...but God forbid Mitt Romney utters something as harmless as his 47% line, and he loses an election...

Others made me aware of this after my post. I wrote that I didn't get the joke or the sarcasm. I honestly was not aware he was quoting Reid. Right away I apologized to Clocker, here, publicly, and he indicated "no problem". Still troubled, later last night, I wrote him a private message, again, telling him how very sorry I was. I was ashamed and told him so. As kind as he could be, he accepted my apology and said, "don't give it another thought." ... I'll do the best I can to keep up.

cj's dad
01-25-2015, 09:50 PM
DR. Ben Carson lives and works at Johns Hopkins hospital. He is one of the finest, most intelligent persons you could ever hope to meet. If a complete jerk off like BHO can become president Dr. Ben could do so also. HE would clearly be the smartest man in the room at any given moment !!

Tom
01-25-2015, 09:56 PM
That is why democrats hate him - he has GOOD qualities and is successful.
Dems hate success.

They only tolerate successful people so that they can feed off of them.
Like the vultures they are.

mountainman
01-26-2015, 12:08 AM

Do you really find him that articulate? I don't. He speaks in a halting manner, sometimes grasps for words, and everything sounds like a carefully rehearsed talking point. I know he tries to come across as poised and confident, but to me, the guy just doesn't express himself that well. Even worse, he comes across as extremely smug.

Ben Carson has zero chance to get the nom.

Clocker
01-26-2015, 12:32 AM
Do you really find him that articulate? I don't.

The ""articulate" was a sarcastic reference to Joe Biden's comments about Obama:

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."

Carson is obviously a sharp guy. At the risk of stereotyping, I have known a number of surgeons, and none of them were particularly articulate. Or even communicative. He is definitely not capable of political discourse at the level of being electable.

Tom
01-26-2015, 07:35 AM
Unfortunately, the traits that make a good candidate are not those that make a good leader, or even a good person.

Robert Goren
01-26-2015, 07:43 AM
There are about 20 people thinking about running. They basically fall into 3 groups.

1) Running to increase their profile to sell books,etc
2) Running for V.P.
3) 6 or 7 real candidates

Dr. Carson is solidly in the first group.

horses4courses
03-10-2015, 06:20 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_wulB0WAAAllez.jpg

redshift1
03-11-2015, 01:42 AM
Dr. Ben Carson republican nominee for president.......... Fingers crossed.

reckless
03-11-2015, 07:17 AM
Dr. Ben Carson republican nominee for president.......... Fingers crossed.

I am with you 100 per cent, redshift1!

I am also keeping my fingers crossed that Dr. Ben Carson is one of the main GOP candidates for president and possibly its nominee.

The big problem is that most of those racist liberals that call themselves pro civil rights will never want a self-made, family first, conservative black man to be President. And, the left wing media whores that carry water for the Democrats, also won't have it that a Republican black man gets his chance whatsoever, deserving as Dr. Carson is.

But, let's both keep our fingers crossed anyway.

horses4courses
03-11-2015, 08:39 AM
I am with you 100 per cent, redshift1!

I am also keeping my fingers crossed that Dr. Ben Carson is one of the main GOP candidates for president and possibly its nominee.

The big problem is that most of those racist liberals that call themselves pro civil rights will never want a self-made, family first, conservative black man to be President. And, the left wing media whores that carry water for the Democrats, also won't have it that a Republican black man gets his chance whatsoever, deserving as Dr. Carson is.

But, let's both keep our fingers crossed anyway.

It's all about the Koch heads....what say them? :eek:

Tom
03-11-2015, 09:55 AM
Them say....How do we get the BIG bucks, like Hillary is hiding in the Clinton Foundation and Massage Parlor?

reckless
03-11-2015, 01:23 PM
It's all about the Koch heads....what say them? :eek:

OK.... hear me out for a second. What the hell are you talking about? I do not understand your reply to my post.

Granted, that's often the case with all your posts since you're clueless on all matters, but you really need to get better at it if you want to give me and other conservatives the business.

Take that as friendly advice, H4C. :lol:

Since you mention the patriot Koch Brothers, try going to one of those silly left wing cartoon factories you get your 'talking' points from and search for a tale of the tape: Koch Brothers vs. Tom Steyer and George Soros.

Let's compare these two successful businessmen and producers and overly generous conservatives against your two protected money shufflers, hedge fund gonifs and haters of America?

What has either Steyer or Soros ever done for the well being of America and its citizens? Not much if anything. They do buy off corrupt Democrats -- basically all of them -- with their ill gotten lucre, procured through a corrupt and rigged financial system.

We know what the Koch Brothers do for this country, so I suggest you play around with the PA search engine and learn a thing or two about their philanthropy.

Clocker
03-11-2015, 02:18 PM
OK.... hear me out for a second. What the hell are you talking about? I do not understand your reply to my post.

It's just a knee-jerk troll. Even the libs have figured out that blaming Bush is irrational, so the Koch brothers are the new monster under the bed.

He's busy at KochKartoons.com looking for new inanities that claim the Kochs are racist and sexist. Stay tuned.