PDA

View Full Version : Tampa tote board

Tape Reader
01-22-2015, 09:02 PM
Hi All,
Snowbird here. Going to the track on Saturday and plan to bet my usual off the tote: <ML at 10 MTP and >than ML at PT. I intend to bet the best possibilities in a $2, four horse TRI box=$48. There may be some variations as there will be much socializing with old friends and the beer count may be high.
Will get back to all with results.
Question: Anyone think the ML maker at Tampa is “somewhat” as accurate as the Guy at NYRA?

Tape Reader
01-25-2015, 07:42 PM
Hi All,

Overnight rain messed up the ML for my way of reading the tote as there were lots of scratches. Also, unscheduled hospital visit to one of the players that couldn’t get discharged before post time limited my plays to just a few races.

Lost all. My partner caught a win $68.00 horse… $2.00 to show as she usually bets. She came out a winner, as she usually does.

It was my first visit to Tampa Bay. Overall, very nice track, very friendly workers and “great” announcer. Richard saw to it that my horse got a call every race: “And the last horse away is…”

Tape Reader

moneyandland
01-26-2015, 02:53 AM
Hi All,

Overnight rain messed up the ML for my way of reading the tote as there were lots of scratches. Also, unscheduled hospital visit to one of the players that couldn’t get discharged before post time limited my plays to just a few races.

Lost all. My partner caught a win $68.00 horse… $2.00 to show as she usually bets. She came out a winner, as she usually does.

It was my first visit to Tampa Bay. Overall, very nice track, very friendly workers and “great” announcer. Richard saw to it that my horse got a call every race: “And the last horse away is…”

Tape Reader

Hope everything's okay with whom ever had to go to the hospital, but when I read that I can't help but picture a guy like Trotter from Let It Ride @ the hospital pulling out tubes and wires because he's got to get to the track to get down on a "live" one

Tape Reader
01-26-2015, 10:28 AM
Hope everything's okay with whom ever had to go to the hospital, but when I read that I can't help but picture a guy like Trotter from Let It Ride @ the hospital pulling out tubes and wires because he's got to get to the track to get down on a "live" one

Thank you. It was my brother. He has had breathing problems all his life and he was rushed to the hospital the day before with an asthma attack. They now think it may be lung cancer.

The good news is that he texted me the next day that he was able to get down a hunch bet: “Lungs” 8th at Tampa. He bet it to show and it paid $5.60.

lamboguy
01-26-2015, 10:38 AM
at the Tampa track they make a real good Ahi salad upstairs in card room they call Silks. they make good burgers there too and don't get you that bad on the prices.

lamboguy
01-26-2015, 12:26 PM
also if you want some real good Greek Food, go to Tarpon Springs about 7 miles away from Oldsmar. there are about 50 restaurants on the same street and it looks like you are walking down the Plaque in Athens

Ocala Mike
01-26-2015, 12:40 PM
Also, if you're still "in the neighborhood," you could come up I-75 to Ocala and take in our one day of live TB and QH racing tomorrow (Tues., 1/27 - 5 races). Should be a nice day:http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/instant.cgi?type=inp&country=USA&track=OTC&date=2015-01-27

bello
01-27-2015, 10:26 AM
also if you want some real good Greek Food, go to Tarpon Springs about 7 miles away from Oldsmar. there are about 50 restaurants on the same street and it looks like you are walking down the Plaque in Athens
GreAt suggestion. Freshest fish you can get and the Greek coffee shops are fantastic.

thaskalos
01-27-2015, 01:21 PM
GreAt suggestion. Freshest fish you can get and the Greek coffee shops are fantastic.
Go to Hellas Restaurant and Bakery...and tell them Thaskalos sent you. :cool:

thespaah
01-27-2015, 01:45 PM
Also, if you're still "in the neighborhood," you could come up I-75 to Ocala and take in our one day of live TB and QH racing tomorrow (Tues., 1/27 - 5 races). Should be a nice day:http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/instant.cgi?type=inp&country=USA&track=OTC&date=2015-01-27
I rolled through Ocala three weeks ago on my way back from Ft Myers.
It completely slipped my mind to at least let you know I would be down your way.

Ocala Mike
01-28-2015, 01:27 PM
No problem. Now that my wife's not working there any more, I have to pay my way in and I'm only there 1-2 days a week, usually Saturdays. I no longer have any "pull" with the present management, so no more free admission and programs! Nest time you're out and about, let me know.