PDA

View Full Version : Delta downs cancelled

green80
01-22-2015, 07:43 PM
Anybody know why the cancelled the races at Delta Downs tonight?

Lemon Drop Husker
01-22-2015, 07:58 PM
Weather.

It was raining cats, dogs, horses, and Volkswagens.

Bennie
01-22-2015, 08:02 PM
Weather most likely. Strong storms have been in the Texas area that are headed East and while raining out there, when they reach the North East on Saturday we are expecting 3 to 5 inches of snow from DC up to Boston along the I-95 corridor. I gave the heads up to those on here that are lucky enough top be in the Handicapping Contest (Vegas I believe) to watch in case it passes over any of the tracks they are to be playing.

thespaah
01-22-2015, 10:44 PM
Weather.

It was raining cats, dogs, horses, and Volkswagens.
I like to say "Yaks and Wildebeests"..

Stillriledup
01-23-2015, 12:46 AM
I laughed at the Volkswagen comment because all it usually takes for certain tracks to cancel is much less than that. We're in an era of cancelling at the drop of a hat and then staying cancelled for days on end....don't remember this stuff decades ago, took a lot more to cancel back then.

PaceAdvantage
01-25-2015, 03:32 PM
I laughed at the Volkswagen comment because all it usually takes for certain tracks to cancel is much less than that. We're in an era of cancelling at the drop of a hat and then staying cancelled for days on end....don't remember this stuff decades ago, took a lot more to cancel back then.Probably because of all the negative PR on the interwebs when something bad happens that MIGHT be related to them not taking the super-duper-cautious-route and cancelling at the drop of a hat.

Since I believe you are the type to jump on any bandwagon, you might be partially to blame for all of this... :lol:

Stillriledup
01-25-2015, 03:39 PM
Probably because of all the negative PR on the interwebs when something bad happens that MIGHT be related to them not taking the super-duper-cautious-route and cancelling at the drop of a hat.

Since I believe you are the type to jump on any bandwagon, you might be partially to blame for all of this... :lol:

Of course i'm to blame....its not like there's one single person in the entire industry who doesn't trip over their cat at 6am running to the laptop to see what "Sru said" the night before. :D