PDA

View Full Version : Record payout... but

Que
01-09-2002, 08:44 PM
Below is an article from today's Bangkok Post

A mystery gambler who won a record US$15 million (660 million baht) with a single horse-racing bet has lost the money after failing to claim it within 60 days, bookmakers said yesterday.

The punter won the record payout, which would have been Hong Kong's biggest on a single ticket, by successfully predicting the winning order in three separate races in November.

The money was won on a bet costing just $3.80, but under Hong Kong Jockey Club rules the jackpot will now go to charity because it was not claimed within the 60-day time limit.

Personally, I can't remember the last time that I lost a winning ticket; but I guess its the ones that you can't remember are the ones that you lost.

Que.

sq764
01-09-2002, 09:04 PM
Damn, I have been looking for that ticket for the last 59 days..

Scott

ranchwest
01-09-2002, 10:32 PM
One day I saw a man put one winning ticket in his shirt pocket and one in his pants pocket. When he told me he had only one winning ticket, I informed him he had two winning tickets, each about $4500! On his way to the window, I laughingly called out,
"There's a five dollar fee for that." He came back and game me $100. I had gone to the track with only $20. Sometimes you're just supposed to be there.

sq764
01-09-2002, 11:03 PM
One of my client's lives in Vegas and they were telling me that in the local paper there was a story where a woman was playing one of the table games and got a Royal straight flush dealt to her (Worth $450,000), she proceeded to get up and walk over to show her husband who was playing a slot machine,that she just won $450K..

Unfortunately, once she left the table with her cards, her hand was voided and she got nothing..

That's grounds for divorce..!!

Scott