PDA

View Full Version : Monticello: January 21

Teach
01-21-2015, 12:25 PM
Race One:

The first race to me looks like “an inside job”. But which one the aforementioned “inside four” will get all the enchiladas? That is the question. Hard to quantify, but I’m looking carefully at Mike Merton’s Grinfromeartoear-bred mare, #4 Got To Be Me. The 4-year-old finished third in this company last time. Any slight improvement would put her right there at the wire. #1 Uviel Hanover draws back inside and has faced better in the past. Add to the mix the chauffeuring services of Bruce Aldrich and you have a solid possibility. #3 Liz’s Tattoo is no slouch either. In fact I fully expect her to compete with this bunch. Finally, #2 Belarian Dream has enough to complete a gimmick.

Teach
01-21-2015, 12:46 PM
Race Two:

I went "inside" in the first; now I'm going more mid-pack. With Mike Merton winning the first race, why not his brother, Greg Merton, completing the early double. Yes, I’m leaning toward #3 My Edward. This 7-year-old BG’s Bunny-bred has had two tough outside posts; he now draws closer to the pylons. The gelding did turn in a 1:52 and-change at Vernon Downs (Remember: Ring-Eyed Pete) last year. Yes, I know...Vernon is a 7/8th circumference with that long opening straight, but even so…anything resembling that effort on Monticello’s half-mile oval will get the job done. Others to consider are: #2 Art-Tastic with Jim Devaux; #5 Gota Go Bullville; #4 AllOverAmerica.

Teach
01-21-2015, 01:10 PM
Race Three:

#7 I’m Trying My Best gets my tepid nod here. Everything must fall into place. The switch to Bruce Aldrich is a plus. Also, the horse has potential early speed. if Aldrich decides to leave with him…very little early speed inside to contend with. Fits well and has faced better. I’ll feel better if BA takes him to the top right off the gate. Others to consider: #1 Prince Of Pleasure looks like “the logical”; #4 Bullville Honey; and #3 Backwoods Boy.

Teach
01-21-2015, 01:28 PM
Race Four:

#1 Kevin’s Apples has been off for a while (that concerns me) but this On The Road Again-bred gelding has enough back-class to prevail on his best. Mike Merton’s in the sulky. Also: #3 Beal Hanover looks logical, but he has a habit of being the groomsman instead of the groom. Yet on his best, this Jim Devaux-driven gelding can prevail. #5 Special Jackpot recorded some speedy times last year. Not much recently. Yet, if he reverts to his previous form, he can be in the picture. #2 Live As One with Chuck Poynton should benefit from his inside post and might just garner a minor award.

cecil127
01-21-2015, 01:45 PM
R5: Kris O Phobia....I know a few NY'ers with a reoccurring case of this :D :p

BOL today :ThmbUp:

Teach
01-21-2015, 01:45 PM
Race Five:

In this race, it looks like the “inside trio” should be the horses most considered, but which one? I’m leaning toward the rail horse, #1 Turn Em On. My choice is almost by default. In this nondescript group it’s hard to develop any degree of confidence. My thinking is the inside post combined with the most capable Mike Simons. Then there’s #2 Go Maggie Go and #3 Mc Mr. After that #4 Crazey Marvalis. The Lis Mara-bred filly intrigues me in that I’m not quite sure what she’s capable of. Only one pari-mutuel race from an outside starting post. Watch the tote.

cecil127
01-21-2015, 01:49 PM
did you notice that Kris was rated as "most powerful".....just a lil FYI to those playing along quietly at home. :cool: :ThmbUp:

cecil127
01-21-2015, 01:55 PM
Race Five:

In this race, it looks like the “inside trio” should be the horses most considered, but which one? I’m leaning toward the rail horse, #1 Turn Em On. My choice is almost by default. In this nondescript group it’s hard to develop any degree of confidence. My thinking is the inside post combined with the most capable Mike Simons. Then there’s #2 Go Maggie Go and #3 Mc Mr. After that #4 Crazey Marvalis. The Lis Mara-bred filly intrigues me in that I’m not quite sure what she’s capable of. Only one pari-mutuel race from an outside starting post. Watch the tote.

my pick finished right behind yours! :ThmbUp:

unfortunately it was 5th and 6th... :blush:

Moving right along.....

ill go with SAMSAWINNER in the 6th :ThmbUp:

Teach
01-21-2015, 02:08 PM
Race Six:

In this trot, I’m going with #4 Bertos Angel. She’s a consistent sort who hit the board in about half her tries last year. Jim Taggart, Jr’s a most capable reinsman who might just take this mare to the top. If so, all the better. Others on my radar screen are: #8 Rebel Strike. He must find a decent tuck from his outside post. Also: #3 A Fortune’s Legacy and #2 Need Help Here.

cecil127
01-21-2015, 02:11 PM
ill go with SAMSAWINNER in the 6th :ThmbUp:

its an easy game :cool:

cecil127
01-21-2015, 02:15 PM
hows about IM FABULOUS in the 8th and sprinkle some on MUST BE THE BUNNY a few races later....

that's about all I like for today. 'cept for maybe Orr Hanover racing at another track...

BOL with your plays today Teach :ThmbUp:

Im out to get some bread and milk for the impending "snow storm"...lol

OMG, the bread and milk! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6zaVYWLTkU&feature=player_detailpage&x-yt-cl=84359240&x-yt-ts=1421782837)

Teach
01-21-2015, 02:23 PM
Race Seven:

I'm gonna take a shot with a ML 12-1 shot #3 Tyler's Great. This Lis Mara-bred gelding has done little since coming back from a vacation. The gelding now gets a better post. Jim Marohn, Jr. reprises the drive. There's lots of back-class here. Last year, the gelding turned in a 1:54 at the Monticello oval. If he can come close to that mark, he'll win from memory. Others to consider are: #2 Dreamluck looks logical. Larry Stalbaum owns and drives; his wife trains. Gets a better post; looks to be a solid shot to hit the tote. Two others to consider are: #7 Fall Bliss and #5 Rojette's Best.

cecil127
01-21-2015, 02:31 PM
Race Seven:

I'm gonna take a shot with a ML 12-1 shot #3 Tyler's Great. This Lis Mara-bred gelding has done little since coming back from a vacation. The gelding now gets a better post. Jim Marohn, Jr. reprises the drive. There's lots of back-class here. Last year, the gelding turned in a 1:54 at the Monticello oval. If he can come close to that mark, he'll win from memory. Others to consider are: #2 Dreamluck looks logical. Larry Stalbaum owns and drives; his wife trains. Gets a better post; looks to be a solid shot to hit the tote. Two others to consider are: #7 Fall Bliss and #5 Rojette's Best.

tyler looked tough at the wire...just missed. nice call! :ThmbUp:

Teach
01-21-2015, 02:40 PM
Race Eight:

#1 I'm Fabulous; #4 Small Bills; #2 NF Soaring; #3 Frenchmen

Teach
01-21-2015, 02:54 PM
Race Nine:

#7 Rightinthekisser; #5 Notashadowofadoubt; #6 Hurrikaneeilishlyn; #8 Music Mogul

Teach
01-21-2015, 03:20 PM
Race Ten:

#s: 5,4,6,7