PDA

View Full Version : 32 Teams in the NFL- Name More than 5 that would Not Love to Have Joe Flacco as Their

cj's dad
01-20-2015, 10:21 PM
I am saying:

GB
Seattle
NE
SanDiego
Pitts

horses4courses
01-20-2015, 10:29 PM
I am saying:

GB
Seattle
NE
SanDiego
Pitts

I'm pretty sure you can take SD off that list.
Joe Flacco could play for them, and most every other team.

thaskalos
01-20-2015, 10:49 PM
Indy

Secondbest
01-20-2015, 11:04 PM
Giants

ReplayRandall
01-20-2015, 11:10 PM
New Orleans

Detroit

Possibly the return of a healthy Sam Bradford in St. Louis

proximity
01-20-2015, 11:44 PM
denver, dallas,.....

if you want to brag about the ravens then talk about the defense.... where they have star players. what team wouldn't want to have cj mosley for example?

a good spot for flacco would be houston. there'd be some talent around him and it would be interesting to see what coach o'brien could get out of him. (great qb coach)

Stillriledup
01-21-2015, 04:30 AM
Teams who wouldn't take Flacco tomorrow. Gb, Sea, NE, Indy, SD, NYG, Atl, Dallas, N.O, Carolina, Pitt (i'm not saying that all these guys are necessarily better than Flacco, its just that i think they like the guy they have and wouldn't change)

Teams who would consider it: Chicago, Eagles, SF, Cin, Denver(?), Jax.

I gotta think everyone else would take him.

cj
01-21-2015, 05:52 PM
Did the guys saying New Orleans actually see Brees play this year?

Stillriledup
01-21-2015, 05:59 PM

Doesn't matter, the question isn't whether Flacco is better or worse than anyone, its whether or not a team would take him as their QB. Two different things.

cj
01-21-2015, 06:02 PM
Doesn't matter, the question isn't whether Flacco is better or worse than anyone, its whether or not a team would take him as their QB. Two different things.

Given the age discrepancy I'm sure NO would take him straight up for Brees in a flash.

cj
01-21-2015, 06:03 PM
For that matter, you could add Denver and Dallas to the list given the age/injury situations.

cj's dad
01-21-2015, 07:03 PM
Indy

You are right- I forgot what a great game Luck had vs. NE- 1 TD

thaskalos
01-21-2015, 07:08 PM
You are right- I forgot what a great game Luck had vs. NE- 1 TD
What GM in his right mind would choose Flacco over Luck?

proximity
01-21-2015, 09:13 PM

I admit to only watching the Pittsburgh game but looking at the body of work I see he tied big ben for the passing title. a disappointing 4952 yard season after three consecutive 5,000 yard seasons. :rolleyes:

saints management should really pull the plug to bring in a guy who has never thrown for more than 4,000 yards or 27 touchdown passes??????

PhantomOnTour
01-21-2015, 09:49 PM
I see Joe Flacco the same way I see God (say what?):

I don't dislike him at all, but sometimes his fan club drives me crazy
:D

Robert Goren
01-22-2015, 07:37 AM
Right now there are 3 elite QBs. There are about another 15 or so more or equal QBs. Flacco is in that group. I doubt that many teams with those QBs would theirs for anyone else in that group. I think Flacco can preform like an elite QB at times, but most of the time he does not. That is what is so frustrating about him.

cj's dad
01-22-2015, 08:12 AM
I know he has disappointed me. I can;t get over that ONE YEAR the Ravens didn;t make the playoffs-2013 season - in JF;s 7 years

cj's dad
01-22-2015, 08:15 AM
What GM in his right mind would choose Flacco over Luck?

NE 34 Baltimore 31

NE 45 Indy 7

proximity
01-22-2015, 07:56 PM
NE 34 Baltimore 31

has there EVER been a fan that's been more proud of a loss in the entire history of sports?? :faint:

proximity
01-22-2015, 08:04 PM
Right now there are 3 elite QBs. There are about another 15 or so more or equal QBs. Flacco is in that group. I doubt that many teams with those QBs would theirs for anyone else in that group. I think Flacco can preform like an elite QB at times, but most of the time he does not. That is what is so frustrating about him.

flacco tied for 4th best qb in the league? :lol:

he's maybe a distant second in the division.

maybe. because at least Dalton has thrown for over 30 tds and 4000 yards in a season.

Secondbest
01-22-2015, 08:54 PM
For what its worth.The number one pick in the pro bowl draft.Andrew Luck

proximity
01-22-2015, 10:28 PM

it's interesting that the colts are one of the main teams looking to bring in carter's son from the cfl.

luck probably would have went over 5,000 yards and won the passing title if the last two games weren't reduced to exhibition status because of the early division clinch with near zero chance to get a bye.

the colt i'm surprised to see in this game is d'qwell Jackson as our linebackers were horrible against teams with any kind of offense.

cj's dad
01-22-2015, 10:54 PM

Dalton-Done nothing, been nothing, Zero SB's
Flacco- 6 of 7 playoff appearances with 1 SB win and MVP award- best arm in the NFL- has not missed a snap in 7 years. Dream on - Colts got nothing- repeat NOTHING !!!

Valuist
01-22-2015, 11:43 PM
NE 34 Baltimore 31

NE 45 Indy 7

I think that would be crazy to say one player on each team determined those scores. The Colts defense is soft; also NE has been a bad matchup in recent years for Indy, while the Ravens match up well with the Patriots.

As for the QB's I'd take over Flacco:

Rodgers, Brees, Peyton, Brady, Luck, Roethlisberger and Wilson. Ryan and him fairly even. I'd say about tied for 8th. That's still pretty good. And Peyton, Brady and Brees will probably all be out of the league 2 years from now.

cj
01-23-2015, 10:05 AM
I admit to only watching the Pittsburgh game but looking at the body of work I see he tied big ben for the passing title. a disappointing 4952 yard season after three consecutive 5,000 yard seasons. :rolleyes:

saints management should really pull the plug to bring in a guy who has never thrown for more than 4,000 yards or 27 touchdown passes??????

He throws way more passes due to the offense they run. He was terrible last year if you watched the games, and he plays in the worst division by a mile.

I'm not trying to say that Flacco is better than Brees is his prime, but he is better right now, and if you gave truth serum to the NO GM he'd do that trade in a nanosecond.

Robert Goren
01-23-2015, 12:36 PM
flacco tied for 4th best qb in the league? :lol:

he's maybe a distant second in the division.

maybe. because at least Dalton has thrown for over 30 tds and 4000 yards in a season.Where did you get that idea? Flacco and Ben are in that group of 15 or so QBs that are pretty much the same. Dalton is on the bottom edge of that group. The 15 are so much a product of the system they are playing that it is hard to rank according to ability.
Luck and his the Colts had a bad day in bad weather on the road. Payton in his prime had several bad games up there. The Colts got to the championship with nothing else other than Luck going for them. A bad defense and no running game, how may QBs can take team that far with that? Even Rodgers had some sort of defense on his side and a decent RB.

proximity
01-24-2015, 03:51 PM
He throws way more passes due to the offense they run. He was terrible last year if you watched the games, and he plays in the worst division by a mile.

I'm not trying to say that Flacco is better than Brees is his prime, but he is better right now, and if you gave truth serum to the NO GM he'd do that trade in a nanosecond.

well i could say the offense they run is due to having an excellent quarterback. and excellent quarterbacks also move the chains which gives them more downs to throw all these passes. it's not a simple "he has more yards because he throws more passes."

on the other side excellent front sevens like baltimore's get other teams off the field faster which gives you more opportunities to run your own offense.

flacco and the ravens played that weak division this year and they also played our own weak division, the afc south.... which offensively they did very, very little against. did you watch those games? thank god for the blocked punt against jacksonville.

proximity
01-24-2015, 04:02 PM
Where did you get that idea? Flacco and Ben are in that group of 15 or so QBs that are pretty much the same. .

i respect your opinion (and the milkowski's) but i disagree and believe that big ben is clearly the class of the north division.

Stillriledup
01-24-2015, 04:48 PM

Player for player, you're right, you have to trade one guy and get another guy who is 6 years younger. But, there are other factors that would keep N.O. from moving on from a hall of fame QB like brees. If they feel Brees has a "lot left" they wouldn't move on, we don't know what they know.

Robert Fischer
01-24-2015, 05:45 PM
As a Steeler fan we want Flacco.

It could be worth signing him so we can get past the Ravens. :D

proximity
01-24-2015, 06:00 PM
As a Steeler fan we want Flacco.

It could be worth signing him so we can get past the Ravens. :D

2-14 as long as you beat the ravens, huh? :D

NJ Stinks
01-24-2015, 06:25 PM
I think that would be crazy to say one player on each team determined those scores. The Colts defense is soft; also NE has been a bad matchup in recent years for Indy, while the Ravens match up well with the Patriots.

As for the QB's I'd take over Flacco:

Rodgers, Brees, Peyton, Brady, Luck, Roethlisberger and Wilson. Ryan and him fairly even. I'd say about tied for 8th. That's still pretty good. And Peyton, Brady and Brees will probably all be out of the league 2 years from now.

Matt Ryan even? No way, IMO.

The only QB I'd take over Flacco today is Rodgers. And maybe Luck because Andrew is 5 years younger than Flacco.

Flacco has proven time and again that the bigger the game, the better he plays. Whether you are his teammate or a bettor, having Flacco on your side - especially in a playoff game - is huge.

Joe's dominance in the postseason is the subject of this article from earlier this month:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/joe-flacco-is-the-king-of-the-nfl-playoffs-1420414837

proximity
01-24-2015, 07:02 PM
recent list of the best quarterbacks:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000438501/article/qb-index-ranking-the-starters-132

Valuist
01-24-2015, 07:27 PM

The only QB I'd take over Flacco today is Rodgers. And maybe Luck because Andrew is 5 years younger than Flacco.

Flacco has proven time and again that the bigger the game, the better he plays. Whether you are his teammate or a bettor, having Flacco on your side - especially in a playoff game - is huge.

Joe's dominance in the postseason is the subject of this article from earlier this month:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/joe-flacco-is-the-king-of-the-nfl-playoffs-1420414837

Matt Ryan IS a pretty good QB. He just has a team that has 11 cardboard cutouts on the defensive side. Tough to win in the postseason if you can't tackle.

cj's dad
01-24-2015, 11:01 PM

I always knew you were a smart guy !!

NJ Stinks
01-25-2015, 02:19 AM
I always knew you were a smart guy !!

I had a feeling that you might like my post. :)

proximity
01-25-2015, 11:19 AM
omg, maybe flacco should run for president?!?! :D