PDA

View Full Version : OmbamCare Tax Code: A Nightmare!

boxcar
01-19-2015, 02:04 PM
Enjoy the read.

H&R Block: ‘No One Can Understand’ New Obamacare Tax Code

http://dailycaller.com/2015/01/19/hr-block-no-one-can-understand-new-obamacare-tax-code/

Clocker
01-19-2015, 02:28 PM
That can't be true. I see the link is to the Daily Caller, and we have been informed by the liberals here that anything and everything on that site is lies and anti-Obama propaganda.

boxcar
01-19-2015, 02:43 PM
That can't be true. I see the link is to the Daily Caller, and we have been informed by the liberals here that anything and everything on that site is lies and anti-Obama propaganda.

Yes, you're right. If the story had a grain of truth to it, it would have been reported in the NY Slimes, Washington Post, etc. etc.

Besides what in the world could be so complicated about 21 pages of single spaced instructions that IRS provides to help the taxpayer? ("Hi, I'm from the Gubermint and I'm here to help you." :rolleyes: ) Any taxpayer who doesn't understand simple instructions from the IRS must be an idiot.

NJ Stinks
01-19-2015, 03:08 PM
Could it be in the best interests of H&R Block to proclaim that "No One Can Understand"?

You guys missed the most unreliable source of information in this thread. :rolleyes:

Clocker
01-19-2015, 03:14 PM
You guys missed the most unreliable source of information in this thread. :rolleyes:

It was mentioned, but not linked. Here it is:

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p5187.pdf

boxcar
01-19-2015, 06:36 PM
It was mentioned, but not linked. Here it is:

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p5187.pdf

And don't fail to catch the opening sentence in this 21-page .pdf document:

This publication covers SOME of the tax provisions of the....ACA. (emphasis mine).

Not many, not most but "some". :lol: :lol:

But NJ, you have this all figured out already? Should we be sending H&R (Hit & Run Block) to you?

AndyC
01-19-2015, 07:13 PM
I have had the "pleasure" of sitting through a seminar on the proper reporting a taxpayer's health insurance. The ironic part of the ACA is that the people who can least afford health insurance are the ones who will be paying large fees to tax preparers to complete the Rube Goldberg like tax forms for them.

NJ Stinks
01-19-2015, 07:48 PM
But NJ, you have this all figured out already? Should we be sending H&R (Hit & Run Block) to you?

Boxcar, the only thing I've figured out so far is that H&R Block is looking for more clients to fleece this tax season.

At any rate, nice to see you venturing out from the Religious thread for a change. :ThmbUp:

boxcar
01-19-2015, 08:10 PM
Boxcar, the only thing I've figured out so far is that H&R Block is looking for more clients to fleece this tax season.

At any rate, nice to see you venturing out from the Religious thread for a change. :ThmbUp:

So that means we can consult with you for free since you wouldn't think of charging any of us for your "expert" advice, right?

Ocala Mike
01-19-2015, 08:15 PM
Doesn't affect me in the least; I simply checked the little box on the 1040 that says "Full-year coverage." Tax return already in the mail, and my sizable refund will hopefully be here in time to help the handle on some 3-yo TC prep races.

Oh, and I have been doing my own taxes for about 55 years, never once using H&R Schlock or even any tax preparation software, just the forms at the IRS website. I've never been audited either.

davew
01-19-2015, 08:29 PM
wow, besides the millions getting insurance now an added benefit is the thousands of new jobs created :ThmbUp: