PDA

View Full Version : HDTV Horse Racing Question

Dmcwally
01-19-2015, 01:54 PM
Besides the NYRA Roku app , Nbc , HRTV streaming certain tracks and TVG on Fox sport channels for just parts of the week . Are there any other HD feeds to watch horse racing ?

SG4
01-19-2015, 08:40 PM
I believe Keeneland's website broadcasts their races in HD when the meet is running

Stillriledup
01-19-2015, 08:41 PM
Besides the NYRA Roku app , Nbc , HRTV streaming certain tracks and TVG on Fox sport channels for just parts of the week . Are there any other HD feeds to watch horse racing ?

It sucks that the tvg regular channel isnt in HD, that fox sports stuff is hit or miss when they decide to show it.

thespaah
01-19-2015, 09:34 PM
It sucks that the tvg regular channel isnt in HD, that fox sports stuff is hit or miss when they decide to show it.
Two things....The cost of the equipment to shoot and process HD.....Second..Available bandwidth. Which also costs more.

ThinkingAlways
01-20-2015, 02:56 PM

Most of it doesn't have anything to do with whether fox sports "decides" to show it. Mostly it comes from the host track which must make the investment in hardware, software and bandwidth to support HD telecasts. Not cheap; not cheap at all.

elhelmete
01-20-2015, 05:18 PM
Most of it doesn't have anything to do with whether fox sports "decides" to show it. Mostly it comes from the host track which must make the investment in hardware, software and bandwidth to support HD telecasts. Not cheap; not cheap at all.

Not cheap at all.

Garbage in, garbage out. If TVG receives an SD signal from a track, having TVG itself in HD wouldn't make the track feed look any better.

JimG
01-20-2015, 05:22 PM

The Keeneland feed off its website definitely is in hd. The Gulfstream signal available through livestream off of the Gulfstream website is also hd, I think. I think the Keeneland feed looks better. HRTV online members can now get the SoCal tracks in high definition (track feed) without too much chatter. This is a different feed from hrtv itself, which is still standard definition.

Jim

Dmcwally
01-20-2015, 05:23 PM
Even when TVg is broadcasted in hd the pq is a night and day difference. Even on tracks that don't even have hd when the feed is broadcasted in the corner. Even when NYRA broadcasts the night harness racing on Roku the pq looks better. And I know it's still upscaled but it's better then nothing

Dmcwally
02-26-2015, 09:26 PM
This is not a hd feed but alternative to online streaming where you don't have to make a log in. It's the capital Otb channel. just thought I'd share :)

http://replays.robertsstream.com/racereplays/cust/capitalotb/capitalotb.php