PDA

View Full Version : Any Other Way to Delete Unwanted Programs?

Ocala Mike
01-18-2015, 10:59 PM
I'm still running Windows XP (I know, right?) on an old desktop, using McAfee anti-virus. Somehow, I have programs on the hard drive that I didn't put there (Zombie Invasion, OneSoftPerDay), and I can't seem to get rid of them through the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs method.

Is there another way I can do this myself? Do I have to download something called Revo or something else?

TY.

JustRalph
01-18-2015, 11:41 PM
Zombie invasion is adware, you need to run hitman

You probably have more. Be careful. There are programs out there that say they will uninstall zombie, but in fact just install something different

DJofSD
01-19-2015, 02:04 AM
I believe this is what Leo Laporte recommends: http://www.eset.com/us/download/utilities/

JustRalph
01-19-2015, 03:23 AM
I believe this is what Leo Laporte recommends: http://www.eset.com/us/download/utilities/

After he shaved his head, can we take him seriously? :lol:

Ocala Mike
01-19-2015, 04:00 AM
Thanks for the help, guys, and especially thanks for the Leo LaPorte reference. My son, who is a bit of a techie, worked for him briefly on his "Call for Help" show in San Francisco in the late 90's.

I'll bounce your recommendation off Mike, Jr., and go from there.

TY

DJofSD
01-19-2015, 11:29 AM
After he shaved his head, can we take him seriously? :lol:
Ya got me there, JR. I only occasionally catch his radio program and have not a clue about his personal grooming habits. Is the Telly Savalas look coming back?

Ocala Mike
01-28-2015, 01:36 PM
Finally had to have AOL take over my computer remotely and clean everything out. Guy said it would take 4-6 hours. 10 hours later, it was all fixed, and he said he never saw a worse case of adware/spyware/viruses on a PC before.

Guess I'll have to stop going to PA (lol) and "those sites" now!

JustRalph
01-28-2015, 03:09 PM
Ya got me there, JR. I only occasionally catch his radio program and have not a clue about his personal grooming habits. Is the Telly Savalas look coming back?

twit.tv

he has a whole network of shows on everything to do with tech

watch them at twit.tv

He shaved his head for Charity on new years eve

You can watch his shows online, right in your browser or via AppleTv and youtube

He can be a pompous ass sometimes......... but I enjoy the network.

fyi

hracingplyr
01-28-2015, 05:00 PM
I have an ols racing program i have on my thumb drive and i use it on my windows xp notebook computer. Tried to do it on my desk top that has 8.1 but it will not work. Should i download Dosbox on my desktop?

Bob