PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Handle . Up or Down?

EMD4ME
01-18-2015, 09:43 PM
My handle went down 40% this year. Won't mention why as certain people will not like the answer.

Was your handle up or down? Why? Just trying to see how the dedicated players viewed the game in 2014.

cj
01-18-2015, 09:45 PM
My handle went down 40% this year. Won't mention why as certain people will not like the answer.

Was your handle up or down? Why? Just trying to see how the dedicated players viewed the game in 2014.

Down quite a bit, 40% sounds about right. Some of that is due to time, but some is due to just being harder to find races I'm comfortable betting. I still think there are plenty of good bets, but you have to be diligent to find them.

EMD4ME
01-18-2015, 09:48 PM
Down quite a bit, 40% sounds about right. Some of that is due to time, but some is due to just being harder to find races I'm comfortable betting. I still think there are plenty of good bets, but you have to be diligent to find them.

One small reason for me is not having enough tracks to play. I hate many tracks and miss the tracks that have now closed. (Bay Meadows, Hollywood, going wayyyy back, ACRC, GSP). I agree. Golden Gate is not what it was. Sad, you just can't find many great races to bet.

cj
01-18-2015, 09:52 PM
One small reason for me is not having enough tracks to play. I hate many tracks and miss the tracks that have now closed. (Bay Meadows, Hollywood, going wayyyy back, ACRC, GSP). I agree. Golden Gate is not what it was. Sad, you just can't find many great races to bet.

There are also some tracks that I don't think have pools big enough to even justify the time. Not only can't you bet very much, but when you do bet the odds swings after the bell are just too much to take after a while.

EMD4ME
01-18-2015, 10:01 PM
There are also some tracks that I don't think have pools big enough to even justify the time. Not only can't you bet very much, but when you do bet the odds swings after the bell are just too much to take after a while.

I hear you. I love Emerald Downs but bet it with 25%-30% of what I bet in a normal NYRA race. Very true.

Grits
01-18-2015, 10:17 PM

Diligence takes time and time is money but I seriously doubt you go in reverse very often. Not with your figures sitting in front of you.

Ende, why don't you try Hong Kong, Aussie, etc.? Why not those tracks?

.....Poor Andrew Luck, he has no clue what hit him in Gillette stadium--aside from the pouring rain. Sorry, I digress.

EMD4ME
01-18-2015, 10:22 PM
Diligence takes time and time is money but I seriously doubt you go in reverse very often. Not with your figures sitting in front of you.

Ende, why don't you try Hong Kong, Aussie, etc.? Why not those tracks?

.....Poor Andrew Luck, he has no clue what hit him in Gillette stadium--aside from the pouring rain. Sorry, I digress.
I wouldn't know where to start pal.... I would feel like a fish sitting at the WSOP final table LOL