PDA

View Full Version : Smarty Jones St commentary

zico20
01-18-2015, 04:39 PM
Monday is the 150,000 Smarty Jones Stakes featuring Mr. Z, who was only a neck behind this years Triple Crown winner, Dortmund. Okay I had to get that in there. ;)

I looked over this race and there are a few serious questions that need to be answered before one can put their money into it.

First, why is Mike Smith taking the 1 over Mr. Z?

Second, how much did the 1, who had to check severely in the race with Mr. Z, cost him. He was moving up strongly at the time. Would he have won the last race?

Third, how much did the 5 hate the mud last race?

Fourth, can the 6 be competitive coming from off the pace? If not, he is an easy toss who may get some action.

Fifth, will Asmussen send the 6 or 7 to the lead? Both, neither?

Sixth, can we just excuse the 8 last race in the BC? Or is he just a small circuit horse?

The 2,4,9 are awful and can be dismissed easily, essentially leaving it a 6 horse field.

Thoughts!

Redboard
01-18-2015, 09:46 PM
Fifth, will Asmussen send the 6 or 7 to the lead? Both, neither?
Certainly looks like :7: Bayerd has to get the lead, or be very near it. :6: Lucky Player will sit back and hope for a speed duel upfront.

Redboard
01-18-2015, 09:52 PM
Sixth, can we just excuse the 8 last race in the BC? Or is he just a small circuit horse?
I'm drawing a line through that. He just didn't like the rail that day having to circle a field of 11. He'll like this outside post a lot better.