PDA

View Full Version : So they B 'Headed? (WARNING: Contains Graphic Descriptions)

B. Comin'
05-11-2004, 11:26 PM
On 9-11, over 3,000 plus americans died. Months later an American rib-bone was found on a roof nearby from that attack!

Fast-forward to 5-11-04, we see video of one American decapitated in 5 strokes of a knife, (the 3rd stroke cut the veterbrae and silenced his screams), his head came off on the 5th stroke with neck skin hanging to be seen as his head was thrust into the camera to chants of 'God is Good', and his eyes were still open!:eek:

Those of you with your cushy lives, denying we aren't in a real war, placating the boss to keep your stupid jobs, complaining about the price of gas going into your SUV's, still in denial about 9-11, and hopin' it won't come to a mall near you, praying for salvation......................................... .

.......................are not my BROTHER.

sq764
05-11-2004, 11:45 PM
What proof do you have that this was an American??

Call me nuts, but that looked like no American to me..

I think this whole charade was simply a taunt and a staged video to try and piggyback on the American abuse of Iraqui prisoners..

I mean what better time to try to connect with the American and worldwide disgust in the abuse than now?

PaceAdvantage
05-11-2004, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by sq764
What proof do you have that this was an American??

This is probably all the proof you'll ever need:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?g=events/ts/051104iraqberg&tmpl=sl&e=1

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/iraq_american_found

GameTheory
05-11-2004, 11:48 PM
He is Nicholas Berg from Pennsylvania:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/05/11/iraq.main/index.html

sq764
05-11-2004, 11:48 PM
He ceratainly was an American, I was totally wrong on that point..

He was apparently buidling communications antennas

B. Comin'
05-11-2004, 11:54 PM
PA & GT,

Thanx for following up. I am at a loss for words 'bout SQ's post. The Berg video hit me as hard as 9-11 today (maybe, I'm overly sensitive?). That's because one American is equal to 3,000 of us. Many of us have forgot that, methinks: but hopefully most of us, have not!

PaceAdvantage
05-11-2004, 11:57 PM
I watched the edited version of the video on Yahoo, the one that fades to black as they draw the knife. I refuse to watch the unedited version.

With that said, the EDITED version is one of the most haunting and deeply disturbing videos I have ever seen in my entire life. To see these five masked demons standing over this brave American CIVILIAN is beyond words.

Remember Daniel Pearl? Now Nicholas Berg? Where will it end, and who will be brought to bear for these horrendous crimes?

(And NO, I don't want to hear about Iraqi civilians who were killed during the ongoing war in Iraq.....so don't even GO THERE)

sq764
05-12-2004, 12:01 AM
This was a horrible incident, but why does this hit you like 9-11?

Did the 9-11 victims voluntarily put themselves into a dangerous environment? No.

Did he? yes.. Does this make this less tragic? Certainly not..

This was ugly, but please please do not compare it to 3,000 innocent lives being lost. That is just assinine.

PaceAdvantage
05-12-2004, 12:04 AM
Can anyone explain this (from an aritcle on Yahoo):

Michael Berg lashed out at the U.S. military and Bush administration, saying his son might still be alive if he had been allowed to leave the country on March 30, as he had originally planned.

"I think a lot of people are fed up with the lack of civil rights this thing has caused," he said. "I don't think this administration is committed to democracy."

Nick Berg spoke to his parents on March 24 and said he would return home March 30. But he was detained by Iraqi police at a checkpoint in Mosul on March 24. At some point during his 13-day detention, U.S. officials took custody of him, his father said, and he was not allowed to make phone calls or contact a lawyer.

FBI (news - web sites) agents visited Berg's parents in West Chester on March 31 and told the family they were trying to confirm their son's identity. On April 5, the Bergs sued the government in federal court in Philadelphia, contending that their son was being held illegally by the U.S. military.

Berg was released the next day, and he told his parents he had not been mistreated. They did not hear from him after April 9.

B. Comin'
05-12-2004, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by sq764
This was a horrible incident, but why does this hit you like 9-11?

Did the 9-11 victims voluntarily put themselves into a dangerous environment? No.

Did he? yes.. Does this make this less tragic? Certainly not..

This was ugly, but please please do not compare it to 3,000 innocent lives being lost. That is just assinine.

I'm containing my anger, but I AM angry at this barbaric act.

For now, you feel, falsely, I might add, safe to post the above quote to me, eh?

Hopefully, your're not posting from say, Lackawanna?, no, they already arrested 'sleepers' there!

Do you live in Oregon? They got some there, but maybe not all?

Muslims' make up almost 2/5th's of the earth's population. They're religion is diametrically opposed to the politics of democracy (turn the other cheek, I think NOT!: it's eye for an' eye, an' thensome). While our Judeo-Christian ethic is a glove fit for Democracy .... E PLURIBUS UNUM... one for many.

Politics and religion at the forefront: the 'twain', or clash of cultures, empires, whatever you choose to call it, the good will ultimately prevail.

So you tell me? Which is right? One for many, or many for one???

WALLENDA
05-12-2004, 12:30 AM
Its sickening, I cant even bring myself to watch the edited version. The descriptions alone, are bad enough.

No doubt these waste of life killers will rott in hell.

Secretariat
05-12-2004, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by B. Comin'
Muslims' make up almost 2/5th's of the earth's population. They're religion is diametrically opposed to the politics of democracy (turn the other cheek, I think NOT!: it's eye for an' eye, an' thensome). While our Judeo-Christian ethic is a glove fit for Democracy .... E PLURIBUS UNUM... one for many.

Bc,

I understand your outrage. I watched the unedited version and almost vomited. I don't advise anyone to watch that as the images are still in my head. But I've got other things there pretty damn bad as well.

I must say this though. Blood begets blood. This will not stop by killing more and more unless you are prepared for WW III.

I do take umbrage with some of your comments such as "their religion is diametrically opposed to democracy." Democracy is not a religion. If not, then Bush's argument to instill a democracy holds no water at all. I don't know if Muslims make up 2/5ths of the world population, I find that hard to beleive with India and China primarily non-Muslim countries, but you are treading on a danger path lumping all Muslims as one. I'm a Christian and I certainly would not want to be lumped with Jerry Falwell.

Regardless this is a despicable act, and let's hope the perpetrators are caught and soon.

I am puzzled by all this FBI detention stuff and why Berg couldn't fly out of Baghdad, or go south to Kuwait rather than onto Jordan in the middle of the battle of Fallujah. Very odd stuff. My condolences to Berg's family.

schweitz
05-12-2004, 08:45 AM
[i]Originally posted by Secretariat [

I must say this though. Blood begets blood. This will not stop by killing more and more unless you are prepared for WW III.
[/B]

Sec,

Are you anti-war?--I mean are you anti-anywar?

sq764
05-12-2004, 09:15 AM
B'comin, I feel "Safe to post that to you"?

Um, why wouldn't I be? Oh wait, because it differs a bit from your opinion? Well, tough shit..

I think this was a terrible act, no doubt.. But again, to compare it to 3,000 lost lives on 9-11 is just stupid.

When you voluntarily go to a hostile environment against the wishes and warnings of others, you take on danger.

Did these accountants and stock brokers in the WTC voluntarily expose themselves to imminent danger? Hell no.

It's a horrible incident and I am disgusted with it just as much as you are, but they are 2 different situations entirely.

Secretariat
05-12-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by schweitz
Sec,

Are you anti-war?--I mean are you anti-anywar?

No, in fact was in Nam. I supported our invasion of Afghanistan, but not the pre-ordained war of Cheyney and Wolfowitz, the PNAC twins, in Iraq. It took away our focus from capturing Bin Laden and stopping al Quada.

Now we've got a mess. The problem is bad too because we are extremely vulnerable to any major outbreak of violence in the world, North Korea, Syria or if Pakistan explodes. And what's worse we've been forced to ignore the genocide in the Sudan where almost half a million people are dead.

schweitz
05-12-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Secretariat
No, in fact was in Nam. I supported our invasion of Afghanistan, but not the pre-ordained war of Cheyney and Wolfowitz, the PNAC twins, in Iraq. It took away our focus from capturing Bin Laden and stopping al Quada.

Now we've got a mess. The problem is bad too because we are extremely vulnerable to any major outbreak of violence in the world, North Korea, Syria or if Pakistan explodes. And what's worse we've been forced to ignore the genocide in the Sudan where almost half a million people are dead.

Thank you for your answer.

Tom
05-12-2004, 05:45 PM
Bc,

I am ready. WWIII has alredy started, wake up. We are i a holy war with arabs/muslems. Deny it all you want, call me a racist-fine-I have no probelm with that. There will never ever be peace with muslems. Their religion is a fake, their god a devil. the terroists could not possible exist ast thet do without the full support and aid from arab governments.
The Geneva Conventions do not apply to terrorists-it you have to get information from one, then whatever measures it takes are acceptable-their lives do not matter on but. The islamic world is a sick, evil group of murderers. Did you see the palestineans today- parading around waving bosy parts of dead Israelies? And you think these inspects are capable of living in peace wtih anyone? Think again.
There is only one solution to terror-seek and destroy no matter who.where.when you find it. No prisoners-ever.
This guy is over there tryin g to rebuild Iraq and he gets beheaded? Screw Iraq. Get out no then light it up-make it look a freakin' mushroom farm-and then keep moving into Iran. Destroy the infrastructures and leave them with nothing.
WWIII has begun and our leader, "the Bussy" is not doinghis job to protect us. He must go.....NOW!

Tom
05-12-2004, 05:47 PM
Sec.
Why should we give a damn about Sudan? :confused:

kenwoodallpromos
05-12-2004, 06:43 PM
*****We should not be mixing apples and oranges. All administrations have enough blame to go around. Clintin reduced the military and ignored Sudan for 8 years while proping up Haitian dictators and pardoning Rich for oil dealings with Hussein. *****It was Reagan and North who sold the missles to Iran, then sent my first ship (USS Sqan Diego, supply ship) to within 3 miles of Iran's clained 100 mile limit to try and start a war.
*****Citizens and voters need to rise above the political BS, get the full information, and press to get things done right.

Tom
05-12-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by kenwoodallpromos
[B*****Citizens and voters need to rise above the political BS, get the full information, and press to get things done right. [/B]

I would love to try, but they keep thowing up morons to vote for. I guess all the REAL leaders are in the private sector. Altough, I don' tthere is any chance of our governemnet ever doing anything right unless it invloves addin gto their own personal wealthor that of their friends.

JustRalph
05-12-2004, 10:16 PM

Now Sec.........don't underestimate us 40 something Fat Ass Vets who can be called back up.........we can still shoot...........

Tom
05-12-2004, 10:26 PM
So you are saying it would OK to invade the Sudan because of genocide, but not OK to invade Iraq when thousands were murdered by the regime?
I don't get it....what is the magic number when a life gets to be meaningful?
Beside, the UN is putting the Sudan onsome committee or other I saw on the news, so since you are so in love with the UN, theSudan just can't be all that bad, right? And you wouldn t want to alienate the UN with our interference would you?:confused: :confused: