PDA

View Full Version : AODDS 98 Gold

Segwin
01-17-2015, 10:06 PM
Anyone still use this?

lsosa54
01-18-2015, 10:54 PM
I'm sure there are those including myself that still do...

Flysofree
01-19-2015, 11:02 AM
How old is it? When did you first use it? I've used so many different ones, that I may have at one time.

You have to be so careful what you say here... Am I on topic?

lsosa54
01-19-2015, 11:42 AM
Came out in 1998. Programmed by Randy Kovach working conceptually with Jim The Hat Bradshaw of Sartin Methodology fame. I think previous versions were DOS based.

As for being careful in terms of what you say here, I wouldn't agree. PA is a fair and balanced board owner and a good guy.

Flysofree
01-19-2015, 11:48 AM
No I haven't used it. I was hoping it was a program written by a guy from Baltimore in the 1980's in a Radio Shack Computer. I lost mine way back when..It gave you the top 4 selections. The Radio Shack computer was probably the most expensive part of it..... I liked it, but don't know the name.

JA Stables
01-20-2015, 04:41 PM
So you still use this on Brisnet, right? They don't provide the software anymore, but I remember I used it in the past with positive results, but when I changed computers, I no longer had the software. I found the software very helpful to me as I would look for certain data that was very powerful for the California tracks. Do you know if there is any way to get this software anymore?

rosenowsr
01-20-2015, 06:21 PM
Do a google search for AOV32v48.

Longshot6977
01-20-2015, 06:28 PM
So you still use this on Brisnet, right? They don't provide the software anymore, but I remember I used it in the past with positive results, but when I changed computers, I no longer had the software. I found the software very helpful to me as I would look for certain data that was very powerful for the California tracks. Do you know if there is any way to get this software anymore?

Here ya go

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/static.cgi?page=aodds

Longshot
01-20-2015, 07:31 PM
There is an add on patch to the AODDS 98 Gold that
allows you to use Bris single k files.

Segwin
01-20-2015, 08:41 PM
There is an add on patch to the AODDS 98 Gold that
allows you to use Bris single k files.

Yes, it's a DLL file.

TexasDolly
01-20-2015, 10:26 PM
Yes, it's a DLL file.
Is the dll file part of one of the downloads ,if not, how do you get it?
Thank you,
TD

hracingplyr
01-21-2015, 04:33 PM
I have xp and just tried to download it. It said it downloaded but i have no clue where it went lol any suggestions?

Longshot6977
01-22-2015, 07:59 AM
I have xp and just tried to download it. It said it downloaded but i have no clue where it went lol any suggestions?

It went to wherever you set your downloads folder to. Try a hardrive search.

hracingplyr
01-22-2015, 08:33 AM
problem is when it downloads it did not ask me where I wanted it to go it just started downloading and it called the download aodds silver not gold

Tom
01-22-2015, 01:16 PM
Try your Downloads folder ( in My Docs).

Anyone get the newer program The Matchup?
That is Windows based....very nice program.

Speed Figure
01-22-2015, 01:28 PM

Where is it at? never heard of it.

Segwin
01-22-2015, 03:46 PM

Haven't seen it Tom. Is it by Randy as well?

DJofSD
01-22-2015, 04:26 PM
I believe The Matchup preceded AOdds.

Segwin
01-22-2015, 05:56 PM
Nothing found with Google either.

Longshot6977
01-22-2015, 06:39 PM
problem is when it downloads it did not ask me where I wanted it to go it just started downloading and it called the download aodds silver not gold

What happened when you did a harddrive search? You can use wild cards too.

JimG
01-22-2015, 06:51 PM

The tools or help file of the browser you used to download the file should tell you where the file was downloaded. You can change setting in your browser to require it to let you pick where to download in the future.

Aodds 98 Gold and Aodds Silver are different, yet similar, programs. The file on the brisnet site is Silver. Gold is more complete. No longer produced and is copy protected.

Match-up software was designed by Randy Kovach and taken off the market around 1999. It was copy protected. It is similar, yet different, from Aodds SuperGold 98.

Segwin
01-22-2015, 07:20 PM
Thanks Jim. Did you try both AODDS & The Matchup?

Randy did a nice job with AODDS.

JimG
01-22-2015, 08:01 PM
Thanks Jim. Did you try both AODDS & The Matchup?

Randy did a nice job with AODDS.

In addition to being a good programmer, Randy is a heck of a nice guy. Did use Aodds to some extent in years past. Never owned or used Matchup.

Tom
01-22-2015, 10:49 PM
The MU was a good program, but I stopped using it, probably after I got going good with MPH. I think it came in a small plastic folder-I will look around for it this weekend. It was not where I thought was tonight, so I must have filed it away.

I am thinking you could save the races to Thoromation format files and use it there or in Entropy or K Gen. Not sure if I could re-install it due to copy protection, but I might still have a workable copy on an old computer.

Segwin
01-23-2015, 10:11 AM
The MU was a good program, but I stopped using it, probably after I got going good with MPH. I think it came in a small plastic folder-I will look around for it this weekend. It was not where I thought was tonight, so I must have filed it away.

I am thinking you could save the races to Thoromation format files and use it there or in Entropy or K Gen. Not sure if I could re-install it due to copy protection, but I might still have a workable copy on an old computer.

If you get a chance to post some screen shot Tom I would appreciate it (whenever).

Do you remember if it was laid out like AODDS?