PDA

View Full Version : Henry Kuck How to Use SPEED FIGURES

creatureman
05-11-2004, 05:38 PM
I saw this book on ebay.I was wondering if anybody has read it and could give me a review or opinion. i never heard of the author and was curious when this book came out.. Thanx

Tom
05-11-2004, 06:09 PM
Henry Kuck was the founder of Woodside Associates who still sell pace/class/speed figures. He wrote one book That I know of. This sounds like it might be another.

GameTheory
05-11-2004, 06:33 PM
I think he wrote a number of small booklets as well as his book WINNER'S FILE....

creatureman
05-11-2004, 07:00 PM
well looking on the pic again on ebay, i think its a pamplet...it sound like it my be an interesting read

JimL
05-11-2004, 08:10 PM
It is a 50 page booklet and very good reading. Henry Kuck was not only a good handicapper he was also a good writer JimL

The Skeptic
05-12-2004, 12:02 AM
Henry Kuck is no longer living. He passed away approx 5-10 yrs ago.

His Hardcover book published by "William Morrow" was one of the last of the handicapping books published by a major publisher. It's a good book worth a shot at on eBay. Title is "Winner's File" the logic behind succesful handicapping.

He was the founder of Woodside Associates which produced adjustments and or Pars before the Beyers were readily available along with misc other stuff. His business was orig located in N York and eventually he moved to Palm Harbor/Tampa area of Florida where he eventually died.

I think I recently saw Woodside Assoc again. This isn't the original and is a knockoff of the orig company if I really saw it recently at all?

GameTheory
05-12-2004, 12:28 AM
So you're saying this Woodside Associates:

http://www.woodsideassociates.com

is not the original? Certainly they must have gotten permission to take over the ratings that still bear the Kuck name?

hracingplyr
05-12-2004, 08:30 AM
no, john riccio who now runs woodside was a student of henry's, henry taught him how to make the numbers and now john owns woodside, so it is the same and john is a great guy tlked to him a few times.

The Skeptic
05-12-2004, 03:06 PM
My question for an attorney:

If someone dies. Has a former business. The business dies with him. Sole Proprietor or Corp. No one revives the business for 10 years.

10 years later Rolie Polie comes along a takes on the name. Can he...if it's not trademarked? What if it's an abandoned trademark?

Disclaimer: I'm not referring to "ANYONE" or "IMPLYING ANYTHING"....I've always been curious?

Thanks

sam i am
05-12-2004, 08:47 PM
First let me state for the record I am not an attorney.

In NYS if a NYS corporation remains "inactive" (nothing get filed with the tax dept ect.) they get disolved via proclamation and lose the right to use that name in NYS, and someone can Incoporate
under that name with the NYS dept of state.

plainolebill
05-13-2004, 02:31 AM
Is this Woodside a new entitiy? I was under the impression that the Kuck ratings have been available without interuption since Kuck died.

Whirlaway
05-13-2004, 09:33 PM
The current owner bought the bussiness from Kuck's widow.

Tom
05-13-2004, 10:01 PM
Theses are good numbers, but a little pricey. I used them for a long time back in the late 70's early 80's. I was even one of the faceless "quotes" on their fliers for a long time. Since my comments were being used to promote sales, I used to tell my frineds that I was involved in a handciapping/ marketing project with Tom Ainlse and Henry Kuck. (hehehe)