PDA

View Full Version : Scott Zeron Autotoss

The Inside Scoop
01-15-2015, 06:53 PM
Once again I am going to bring this to every gamblers attention. A few months back I wrote some facts regarding Zeron and how he cannot compete in the USA and was ripped by some of his fanclub.

Meadowlands stats
Jan 1 -15

42 3 2 3 .122 UDRS

Once again the stats do not lie and I tell it like it is whether you like me or not.

.122 drivers are AUTO - TOSSES

MONEY
01-15-2015, 07:30 PM
According to Statsmaster Scott Zeron has 85 win out of 709 starts at The Meadowlands over the last 12 months. That ties him for 4th place in winning percentage with John Campbell & Cory Callahan, all with 12% & with over 500 races.
42 races is a small sample size he is likely to start winning again soon. Auto toss him at your own risk.

The Inside Scoop
01-15-2015, 08:57 PM
If you are a gambler and bet guys with a UDRS of .122 you should try going to bingo. One only needs to look at his overall record since he has come to the USA to realize he is an autotoss at any track he has driven at since his arrival.

He has carried a less that .200 UDRS for the past 4 or 5 months at all the tracks he has driven at. Feel free to check out his last 250 drives in the USA and get back to me.

MONEY
01-15-2015, 11:00 PM
If Zeron is driving a horse that I feel can win & the odds are right, I won't have any problem placing a bet.

The Inside Scoop
01-15-2015, 11:31 PM
Shutout on all of his drives once again tonight. UDRS soon to be under .100. Not one hit the board and all he drives is outsiders because no live barns even think of using him.

When you drive in US for a year and prove that you can't get the job done you fall out of favour real quick and all you get left driving are longshots. Sure he will win the odd one (everyone does, even Joe Martin) and pay $30 and if you bet $2 on him you will be dancing, but the real players know full well after watching him over the past year and toss him every race. hes a great angle to bet against when he drives a live horse thats being bet with his passive style of trying to trip every horse out racing from the back.

That is why he is an afterthought when trainers list drivers. Have a look at Yonkers Monday and Tuesday. He has 4 drives in 2 days and all for the same trainer (Blumfield). 4 drives in 24 races. 4 drives out of 192 horses entered. Whats that tell you? Friday at The Meadowlands he has 6 drives in 13 races. So thats 10 drives out of 37 races at the 2 tracks he is now racing at. If he is one of the top guys over the last year at The Meadowlands as you say, then why is he not driving in every race and in demand there? I await your answer.

Where oh where is that poster who claimed he was destined for the Hall of Fame. Hows that working out ? :bang: :bang:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MONEY
01-15-2015, 11:40 PM
This thread is silly. If Zeron is riding horses that have no shot to win, then what do you expect from him. I don't bet any horse just because I like the driver, and I wouldn't bet a horse that Zeron drives unless I thought that he win.

Simple.

The Inside Scoop
01-15-2015, 11:47 PM
The thread is giving you advice on how to make money at tracks he drives at by not betting him. I cant explain it any better then that. When a driver proves over a year period he cannot get the job done, you have an edge. Many stubborn gamblers fail to understand that and I hope you are not one of them because I truly am on your side and I just gave you some free information to help you.

If you pay attention you may actually learn something.

ALostTexan
01-16-2015, 09:42 AM
I am starting to think that he deflowered your sister or something. I am not sure if I have seen this much animosity against a driver.

mrroyboy
01-16-2015, 12:32 PM
Zeron has been cold lately at Big M.

The Inside Scoop
01-16-2015, 10:47 PM
I am starting to think that he deflowered your sister or something. I am not sure if I have seen this much animosity against a driver.

Nothing to do with animosity. Everything to do with facts.

Nice sister comment. One quick shot before you head to the ignore list. I am sure the football team loved your mom in college, when you were conceived. :eek:

Faceless Enemy
01-16-2015, 11:40 PM
Nothing to do with animosity. Everything to do with facts.

Nice sister comment. One quick shot before you head to the ignore list. I am sure the football team loved your mom in college, when you were conceived. :eek:

Another in a long line of quality posts by you. Keep up the good work!

pandy
01-17-2015, 10:38 AM
A driver's UDRS doesn't mean anything. The only thing that matters is how YOUR ROI is when you bet that particular driver. For instance, say that a driver has 100 drives at a track during the meet and wins 5 races. You bet this particular driver 15 times and he wins 2 of those 15 at prices of $37.00 and $11.00. Your ROI on this driver is 1.60, a 60% profit.

That is the only thing that matters. Naturally drivers do get into slumps, and some drivers don't get that many live horses at a particular meet, but if you are a good handicapper, you will only bet the driver when he is driving a contender that is a good overlay.

Scoop is the type of handicapper who only bets on certain drivers. There is nothing wrong with that approach. But, obviously that is not the approach that others take. I can understand tossing drivers that hardly ever win, but Zeron was one of the top drivers at the Meadowlands last year, and this year is only 17 days old, so it's too soon to say that he is done at the Big M.

Scoop thinks he's helping people with these negative remarks about drivers. He thinks everyone should handicap like he does. In the past he mentioned a few drivers that he wouldn't bet and two of them were my top ROI drivers at the Meadowlands last year because I bet them at the right time.

He seems to think that there are people that just bet every horse a driver drives.

LottaKash
01-17-2015, 11:40 AM
A driver's UDRS doesn't mean anything. The only thing that matters is how YOUR ROI is when you bet that particular driver. For instance, say that a driver has 100 drives at a track during the meet and wins 5 races. You bet this particular driver 15 times and he wins 2 of those 15 at prices of $37.00 and $11.00. Your ROI on this driver is 1.60, a 60% profit.

That is the only thing that matters. Naturally drivers do get into slumps, and some drivers don't get that many live horses at a particular meet, but if you are a good handicapper, you will only bet the driver when he is driving a contender that is a good overlay.

Scoop is the type of handicapper who only bets on certain drivers. There is nothing wrong with that approach. But, obviously that is not the approach that others take. I can understand tossing drivers that hardly ever win, but Zeron was one of the top drivers at the Meadowlands last year, and this year is only 17 days old, so it's too soon to say that he is done at the Big M.

Scoop thinks he's helping people with these negative remarks about drivers. He thinks everyone should handicap like he does. In the past he mentioned a few drivers that he wouldn't bet and two of them were my top ROI drivers at the Meadowlands last year because I bet them at the right time.

He seems to think that there are people that just bet every horse a driver drives.

Well said Bob... :ThmbUp:

camourous
01-17-2015, 08:55 PM
He just booted a 96-1 shot in from post 10

mrroyboy
01-17-2015, 08:57 PM
Uh I think his ROI might have just gone up a bit. LOL :D

pandy
01-17-2015, 09:23 PM
Zeron also won the 1st race, two wins in five starts and one of them paid $195.40.

The Inside Scoop
01-18-2015, 12:08 AM
As I said, even the Joe Martins of the world win races and blow up the board. If you bet him congrats.

Pandy

I spot bet and wager large ammounts. I do not wager unless I have a very strong opinion on one. When I am wagering decent ammounts of money I want to know the driver I am wagering on will do what I expect him to do and that is give the horse a chance to win and not have to have 5 things go right for him.

The top drivers put horses in position to win. When they are live, they drive like they are live. Win or lose thats what I want to see from them.

There are certain guys who do that on a nightly basis and Zeron is not one of them. Thats why he doesn't get the drives. If he was a top guy he would get more live drives. Its been a year and there has been no progress from when he was in Canada, he has declined bigtime. How hard is that to figure out? Its not rocket science. The numbers do not lie.

RaceTrackDaddy
01-18-2015, 12:11 AM
Zeron also won the 1st race, two wins in five starts and one of them paid $195.40.

Just curious, for the 5 races and two wins would that not make the kid winning at 40 percent rate and a ROI off the board? That is the problem with statistics of a small sample.

I tend to appreciate the post of the past year at the Big M. I prefer the last 365 day stats at a certain track when trying to compare/contrast drivers. What I would like to see are the stats when you combine the driver with the trainer as I have seen in the Equibase form for flat racing. I would expect Yannick Gingras/Burke or Yannick Gingras/Tatker to lead the sport but there might be some smaller track that has a higher percentage when looking at the driver for a particular trainer.

Does Trackmaster offer such a statistic (percentages of certain drivers hooked up with certain trainers)?

pandy
01-18-2015, 12:45 AM
As I said, even the Joe Martins of the world win races and blow up the board. If you bet him congrats.

Pandy

I spot bet and wager large ammounts. I do not wager unless I have a very strong opinion on one. When I am wagering decent ammounts of money I want to know the driver I am wagering on will do what I expect him to do and that is give the horse a chance to win and not have to have 5 things go right for him.

The top drivers put horses in position to win. When they are live, they drive like they are live. Win or lose thats what I want to see from them.

There are certain guys who do that on a nightly basis and Zeron is not one of them. Thats why he doesn't get the drives. If he was a top guy he would get more live drives. Its been a year and there has been no progress from when he was in Canada, he has declined bigtime. How hard is that to figure out? Its not rocket science. The numbers do not lie.

I get what you're saying, but in regards to Zeron, it doesn't make any sense. I wish I could be as bad as Zeron. He doesn't put horses in a position to win? The guy is the youngest driver in the history of harness racing to win 2,000 races. Okay, you say he did that while he lived in Canada. Well, in 2014, which, by the way, just ended, he lived in New Jersey. He had one of the best years of any driver in the sport in earnings, win percentage, wins, and major stakes races. He had a very good December at the Meadowlands. Yes, maybe he is off to a slow start so far this year, but it's January 17th and this week he won 2 races at Yonkers on Monday, didn't drive Tuesday or Wednesday, then won 3 races at the Meadowlands including his two tonight. He drove four days, at two major tracks, and he had 5 winners.

The Inside Scoop
01-18-2015, 03:41 AM
USA Stats as of Jan 16

2015 64 6 2 3 .126
2014 1851 220 209 230 .230
2013 220 18 11 29 .154

UDRS Combined USA and Canada

2010 .324
2011 .293
2012 .278
2013 .258
2014 .233
2015 .126

Do you see a pattern?

Last year he made $1,589.958 of his $5,837,185 in Canada in 147 starts and had a .364 UDRS. Albeit a good chuck of that came from Artspeak. Where would you think he should be driving looking at those stats, USA or Canada? He was in demand in Canada and he is not as of this moment in the USA.