PDA

View Full Version : Joe Sharp, trainer extraordinaire.

Stillriledup
01-15-2015, 02:19 PM
Seems like this guy has 66 lifetime starts as a trainer (according to equibase) and in 44 of the 66 starts, he was first or 2nd.

He trains Sandbar for Ken Ramsey in the first race at FG today. Claimed off Neil Howard off Beyers of 68 and 63, promptly runs 86 and then 92 for Mr Sharp.

Certainly a trainer to keep an eye on.

letswastemoney
01-15-2015, 02:20 PM
I imagine he gets great horses as well since the Ramseys are supporting him.

Stillriledup
01-15-2015, 02:30 PM
Pretty interesting that Ramsey would entrust a guy nobody has heard of with expensive horses....but, that's why Ken's Ken, he forgot more about the game than most of us will ever hope to know. Takes keen insight to spot a hall of fame trainer in the making before he ever starts a horse and be right.

ReplayRandall
01-15-2015, 02:37 PM
Pretty interesting that Ramsey would entrust a guy nobody has heard of with expensive horses....but, that's why Ken's Ken, he forgot more about the game than most of us will ever hope to know. Takes keen insight to spot a hall of fame trainer in the making before he ever starts a horse and be right.

BTW, Joe Sharp's wife is Rosie Napravnik..........Guess that Joe must be a "somebody" after all, huh SRU?

Stillriledup
01-15-2015, 02:40 PM
BTW, Joe Sharp's wife is Rosie Napravnik..........Guess that Joe must be a "somebody" after all, huh SRU?

I didnt say he was a "nobody" just said that as far as training goes, he's an unknown with less than 100 lifetime starts.

ReplayRandall
01-15-2015, 02:47 PM
I didnt say he was a "nobody" just said that as far as training goes, he's an unknown with less than 100 lifetime starts.

That's your definition Mr. 16 and 3......Mr. Ramsey and Rosie don't use your definition, and neither do I.......:cool:

Rise Over Run
01-15-2015, 03:20 PM
Assistant trainer under Michael Stidham and then Mike Maker before going out on his own earlier this year.

Stillriledup
01-15-2015, 03:28 PM
Assistant trainer under Michael Stidham and then Mike Maker before going out on his own earlier this year.

Good info, good to know!

Rise Over Run
01-15-2015, 03:59 PM
Good info, good to know!

http://www.drf.com/news/sharp-proving-be-ideal-partner-napravnik

Here's a good article from DRF. He was with Mike Maker longer than I recalled and that's obviously where the Ramsey connection comes from.

Track Phantom
01-15-2015, 04:11 PM
Everyone on this board knows that certain owners/trainers win at an obscene high percentage regardless of what horses they have. Use your own adjective to describe their success. Not too hard to figure out.

VeryOldMan
01-15-2015, 06:00 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/sharp-proving-be-ideal-partner-napravnik

Here's a good article from DRF. He was with Mike Maker longer than I recalled and that's obviously where the Ramsey connection comes from.
On a lighter note - anyone else do a double-take when you got to the part where it's revealed this 29 year old trainer has a 10 year old daughter?

He's precocious! :)