PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Have an Easy Morning Line Generator Algorithm

TonyMLake
01-14-2015, 10:49 PM
Hello folks,

Anyone have a good basic general purpose "morning line generator" algorithm that can generate a reasonable, typical morning line based on data item(s) available in Brisnet or Formulator data files?

Thanks!

Tony

Inglewood Flamingo
02-06-2015, 02:12 PM
I used it in the past with mixed results.

Not sure if FigLine is still available but here is the link:

http://www.netcapper.com/Store/FigLine.htm

TonyMLake
02-07-2015, 12:14 AM
Thanks. It looks interesting. Jasperson sent me some information from his app which I think is also a good guide.

Thanks for all the help!

Flysofree
02-07-2015, 09:51 AM
I have it and it's a good product. The real secret is putting in the correct numbers.. It's quick and reasonably priced.

What I REALLY wish he would do is update his program called Bettor Keep Track. That is far and away the best program I have seen , but it only runs on dos. Plus he may have stopped selling it... I love that one.

whodoyoulike
02-07-2015, 02:56 PM
Hello folks,

Anyone have a good basic general purpose "morning line generator" algorithm that can generate a reasonable, typical morning line based on data item(s) available in Brisnet or Formulator data files?

Thanks!

Tony

Good luck, I've also recently been attempting to improve my m/l.

Krudler
02-08-2015, 03:05 AM
Flysofree:

I emailed Gordon Pine a few weeks ago about the BKT software. He indicated that no updates were in the works and that he's not selling the program any longer. I was disappointed, too, as I was looking for a tool to help me with my record keeping.

On the record keeping front, I did purchase BASE (it's now a part of the All-In-One software) from Cynthia Publishing but haven't had any joy getting it up and running on my Mac yet. I'm having data entry issues and I've been in contact with the techies at Cynthia to get the wrinkles ironed out. The support process is taking longer than I would like so I'm not sure I can recommend Betting Analyst Supreme as a record keeping option at this point.

Flysofree
02-08-2015, 01:54 PM
I had Betting Analyst Supreme, bought from another company ....I think and am not sure.....American Turf.... The price was $99. again, I am not certain. Anyway, I ended up returning it to them. The BKT program from Gordon Pine is 100% easier to use...

I think the software companies think people like you and I are old timers and they won't develop a record keeping software alone. They want you to buy some type of mega program which does not interest me at all.

BKT is the best I've seen but can run out of memory.

Flysofree
02-09-2015, 01:29 PM
Could I be wrong and there is no market for a program like Bettor Keep Track? The price was $150 and worth every single penny of it. But a modern version that will work on newer versions of Windows is what is needed ...I think it could sell for a few dollars more and still be sold . But maybe I'm wrong if this game is on the way out anyway.

acorn54
02-09-2015, 02:26 PM
Could I be wrong and there is no market for a program like Bettor Keep Track? The price was $150 and worth every single penny of it. But a modern version that will work on newer versions of Windows is what is needed ...I think it could sell for a few dollars more and still be sold . But maybe I'm wrong if this game is on the way out anyway.

businessmen are looking to invest in EXPANDING markets with their time and money, horserace betting is NOT one of the greener pastures for business investing.
would YOU invest YOUR hard earned money in a business venture involving developing a software for record keeping of horse bets, or would you rely on income growth of your investment money in more vibrant growth venues?

Flysofree
02-09-2015, 02:45 PM
businessmen are looking to invest in EXPANDING markets with their time and money, horserace betting is NOT one of the greener pastures for business investing.
would YOU invest YOUR hard earned money in a business venture involving developing a software for record keeping of horse bets, or would you rely on income growth of your investment money in more vibrant growth venues?

You've hit it on the head. The market is not an expanding one. The crazy part...The people on the top end of this game in Kentucky and some in NY, Plus Florida and California are wealthy beyond my imagination. The Farms and breeding game unless it's all for Dubai and other foreign markets is all I can figure .... The game has proven it needs slots to survive today here in the US for the most part.

TonyMLake
02-09-2015, 10:50 PM

It's true. You're right. I work and run a small company for money. I just write my horse racing related software out of love... really!

Besides, I use all the tools I write, so, it makes sense to me that others might use them, too. I got some great tips from other users here on the board, so, I'll be creating a morning line generator to be included as part of my main application. My users don't hesitate to correct/advise/flame/compliment me, so, I hope mine measures up!

Flysofree
02-11-2015, 11:42 AM
I think you would easily sell something like Gordon Pine's Better Keep Track. I don't understand why he quit selling it at $150, unless because it was a dos program and people don't want to put in their own figures anymore. I don't mind at all.. It's the only way I know how to do it.. Have you seem that program ? If Not Try to find someone that has it and improve it for memory storage.

TonyMLake
02-11-2015, 10:58 PM
Jack Jasperson of this board has his written his own software, and he graciously shared some of its output with me. I was very fortunate that he was also willing to share much of his algorithm. Honestly, it looks rock solid, so of course, I would love to incorporate his morning line generator into my app, but I haven't approached him about that yet. If not, I hope to use his tips to come up with something similar as it looks to yield a pretty effective ML.

I believe he is only sharing the actual app with friends at this time, but perhaps Jack would care to comment... ?