PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney to run?

zico20
01-12-2015, 10:36 PM
According to a article I just read on realclearpolitics, from "The Hill" Mitt is seriously considering a 2016 presidential run. One Republican says it is almost a definite that he will run. This would be the first time a losing nominee ran again in the next election since Stevenson did it back in 1960. I just don't see how the Republicans would nominate him again. I know I won't be voting for him in the Republican primary.

boxcar
01-12-2015, 10:43 PM
According to a article I just read on realclearpolitics, from "The Hill" Mitt is seriously considering a 2016 presidential run. One Republican says it is almost a definite that he will run. This would be the first time a losing nominee ran again in the next election since Stevenson did it back in 1960. I just don't see how the Republicans would nominate him again. I know I won't be voting for him in the Republican primary.

The R's are truly the Party of Stupid.

I won't vote for him this time either, just as I didn't the last time.

badcompany
01-13-2015, 08:50 AM
He has talked to friends and family, met with consultants, reached out to the American people, and despite all of them, has decided to run. :ThmbUp:

lamboguy
01-13-2015, 09:31 AM
by now he should be the most qualified candidate to hold the office, even more than Hillary. he has a good shot, he is +400 to become the nominee and +800 to win the presidency. well within reason right now.

rastajenk
01-13-2015, 09:45 AM
I won't vote for him this time either, just as I didn't the last time.
Can't quite see the logic of that comment coming from someone with an ID tile proclaiming One Big Ass Mistake, America.

classhandicapper
01-13-2015, 10:29 AM
He's not my first choice, but I would vote for him in a heartbeat over Bush.

IMO the probability that another "Bush" gets elected is about the same as the Knicks winning the NBA championship this year. :bang:

Besides, he's a very competent guy. He's a little stiff and maybe not warm enough for some people, but these days we don't need a teddy bear. We need someone that can actually do arithmetic and not idealistic enough to think if we are nice to emotionally warped people in other countries they will be nice back.

ReplayRandall
01-13-2015, 11:14 AM
So Karl Rove has sent the GOP Electorate the either/or choice between Bush or Romney. Real frickin' genius move by a strategist moron, who has been slowly killing the chances of any GOP nominee to ever recapture the White House. As an independent, I ask you to find a real candidate, preferably a fresh, new name for the Presidential nominee.........

ArlJim78
01-13-2015, 11:25 AM
the big money donors who rely on government largesse don't want fresh faces, those represent unknowns that they cannot count on. they like stale, predictable sympathetic, stay the course types. people they can count on to be in their pockets. they don't want to rock the boat.

DJofSD
01-13-2015, 11:33 AM
So Karl Rove has sent the GOP Electorate the either/or choice between Bush or Romney. Real frickin' genius move by a strategist moron, who has been slowly killing the chances of any GOP nominee to ever recapture the White House. As an independent, I ask you to find a real candidate, preferably a fresh, new name for the Presidential nominee.........
Good ol' Karl needs to go to western Africa to contain Ebola.

ReplayRandall
01-13-2015, 11:33 AM
the big money donors who rely on government largesse don't want fresh faces, those represent unknowns that they cannot count on. they like stale, predictable sympathetic, stay the course types. people they can count on to be in their pockets. they don't want to rock the boat.

What boat?....... It's nothing but a sinking life-raft, with no rules about women and children first.

badcompany
01-13-2015, 11:36 AM
What boat?....... It's nothing but a sinking life-raft, with no rules about women and children first.

Maybe so, but it still takes in over $2 trillion a year.

ReplayRandall
01-13-2015, 11:42 AM
Maybe so, but it still takes in over $2 trillion a year.

Shows that money can only do so much...........

JustRalph
01-13-2015, 11:54 AM
Can't quite see the logic of that comment coming from someone with an ID tile proclaiming One Big Ass Mistake, America.

You forget. Mitt's religion DQ's him

Tom
01-13-2015, 12:15 PM
Tip o' the hat to the likely winners!

AndyC
01-13-2015, 12:17 PM
I'll take Romney any old day. Having a president who has actually run something successfully can't be all bad. Granted he can't out lie or out promise the democrats but maybe results will resonate more with the voters than hope and change this go around.

thaskalos
01-13-2015, 12:21 PM
Romney is the Democrats' best hope.

TJDave
01-13-2015, 12:29 PM
You forget. Mitt's religion DQ's him

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/XoQQvg-MLqNyWCzdXIu1-VRYjWXv09U1DVofdzFgHv5x639HI6vWWDc-IBqg8xhHpYV_5IbfWke8ojsCgjr69qrX5ZLONrN9Cb3wgiGtuk XVSJl73Dz_Xpoy

Robert Goren
01-13-2015, 12:41 PM
Romney is the Democrats' best hope.No, he is not. But he is in the top ten. Coming in number one is ...... Ted Cruz.

Tom
01-13-2015, 02:08 PM
He was right about a lot more than Obama.

classhandicapper
01-13-2015, 02:17 PM
Rather than just complain about a potential Romney nomination why don't people also give their first choice?

DJofSD
01-13-2015, 02:19 PM
Rather than just complain about a potential Romney nomination why don't people also give their first choice?
OK, you first.

horses4courses
01-13-2015, 02:20 PM
It's always claimed that a president has little, or no, control over them -
but we know for a fact that the GOP is praying for gas prices to be
back to $4+/gallon and the DOW to be under 15000 again by 2016.

Things keep going the way there are, what with a stronger economy,
job creation on the rise, a stronger dollar, troops out of Afghanistan -
what is there left for them to bitch about?

Oh yeah.....the ACA and Benghazi. :rolleyes:

Clocker
01-13-2015, 02:34 PM
back to $4+/gallon

And just how do "WE" know this? Have you been attending GOP prayer meetings, clinging to guns and religion?

It is clear to anyone with an IQ above room temperature that the current gas prices are in spite of liberal policies, not because of them.

A remedial crash course for those of "WE" who have forgotten:

Stupid Sarah Palin: "Drill, baby, drill."

Brilliant Barack Obama: "And you can bet that since it’s an election year, they’re already dusting off their three-point plans for $2 gas. I’ll save you the suspense: Step one is drill, step two is drill, and step three is keep drilling. We heard the same thing in 2007, when I was running for President. We hear the same thing every year. We’ve heard the same thing for thirty years. Well the American people aren’t stupid. You know that’s not a plan – especially since we’re already drilling. It’s a bumper sticker. It’s not a strategy to solve our energy challenge. It’s a strategy to get politicians through an election. You know there are no quick fixes to this problem, and you know we can’t just drill our way to lower gas prices."

The blind squirrel finds an acorn: the American people aren't stupid. They know that $2 gas is the result of drilling, especially in North Dakota and Canada. And they know that all of that drilling was on private land, while Obama cut back drastically on drilling on federal land, and blocked Keystone and any other energy program he could.

horses4courses
01-13-2015, 02:40 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/12/opinion/paul-krugman-for-the-love-of-carbon.html?rref=collection%2Fcolumn%2Fpaul-krugman&_r=0

It should come as no surprise that the very first move of the new Republican Senate is an attempt to push US president Barack Obama into approving the Keystone XL pipeline, which would carry oil from Canadian tar sands. After all, debts must be paid and the oil and gas industry – which gave 87 per cent of its 2014 campaign contributions to the GOP – expects to be rewarded for its support.

TJDave
01-13-2015, 02:46 PM
He was right about a lot more than Obama.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/R5I3ZeBJAceZFX_OwaSmP2IT5V-DcEYmgZE1wEltz5ohLdOWNPrP2t1iiY8rG7nexpgcek1xqnSgq h9TF_HMtowzGfy05ubN83yhTF96QIMOzcFU8Xav7FX8

horses4courses
01-13-2015, 02:48 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7MkYHRCQAAIkVM.jpg:medium

classhandicapper
01-13-2015, 02:59 PM
OK, you first.

I don't know most of the candidates well enough to know who I'd prefer yet. A few of the younger republicans are promising, but I'm not sure they are ready for prime time yet. I also want to hear more about what they think on some issues.

I've been a huge Ron Paul fan on monetary policy and economics, but the little I've heard from Rand makes me feel like he's more of a politician and less principled than his father. He also doesn't strike me as especially brilliant in any way.

Rubio seems promising on some issues and could deliver a chunk of the Hispanic vote, but I haven't heard nearly enough and have no idea how sharp he is.

I was not a huge Romney fan last time because I thought he was too cozy with the war mongering neocons (who I hate), but my politics have moderated away from my more isolationist position years ago. Now they are more pragmatic with a goal of less intervention. Romney would be OK in my book. I don't know if he could win.

I already know that I think Jeb has no chance to win and I don't like him much anyway.

I'm back and forth on Cruz. At first I liked him and thought he was a hot prospect. Now I'm not so sure.

I can't stand Christie.

Rick Perry is not sharp enough.

I don't know Scott Walker.

I like Huckabee as a person, but not as a candidate.

I like Bobby Jindal, but a couple of times I saw him he didn't seem presidential.

Clocker
01-13-2015, 03:10 PM
debts must be paid and the oil and gas industry – which gave 87 per cent of its 2014 campaign contributions to the GOP

Well, duh!!! Krugman uncovers a deep, dark secret. The gas and oil industry didn't give very much of its money to the party that is trying to kill it, like they killed the coal industry. Who would have thought? He should get a Nobel Prize for figuring out such a counter-intuitive, devious hidden plot.

Tom
01-13-2015, 03:23 PM
It's always claimed that a president has little, or no, control over them -
back to $4+/gallon and the DOW to be under 15000 again by 2016.

Things keep going the way there are, what with a stronger economy,
job creation on the rise, a stronger dollar, troops out of Afghanistan -
what is there left for them to bitch about?

Oh yeah.....the ACA and Benghazi. :rolleyes:

Note to self: stay away from the yellow acid.

thaskalos
01-13-2015, 03:30 PM
I don't know most of the candidates well enough to know who I'd prefer yet. A few of the younger republicans are promising, but I'm not sure they are ready for prime time yet. I also want to hear more about what they think on some issues.

I've been a huge Ron Paul fan on monetary policy and economics, but the little I've heard from Rand makes me feel like he's more of a politician and less principled than his father. He also doesn't strike me as especially brilliant in any way.

Rubio seems promising on some issues and could deliver a chunk of the Hispanic vote, but I haven't heard nearly enough and have no idea how sharp he is.

I was not a huge Romney fan last time because I thought he was too cozy with the war mongering neocons (who I hate), but my politics have moderated away from my more isolationist position years ago. Now they are more pragmatic with a goal of less intervention. Romney would be OK in my book. I don't know if he could win.

I already know that I think Jeb has no chance to win and I don't like him much anyway.

I'm back and forth on Cruz. At first I liked him and thought he was a hot prospect. Now I'm not so sure.

I can't stand Christie.

Rick Perry is not sharp enough.

I like Huckabee as a person, but not as a candidate.

I like Bobby Jindal, but a couple of times I saw him he didn't seem presidential.

So...your pick right now is Romney...unless one of those inexperienced -- although promising -- republican candidates can talk you out of it. See...not as hard as you thought it was. :)

Clocker
01-13-2015, 03:32 PM
Note to self: stay away from the yellow acid.

And from the grape Kool Aid. :eek:

classhandicapper
01-13-2015, 03:34 PM
So...your pick right now is Romney...unless one of those inexperienced -- although promising -- republican candidates can talk you out of it. See...not as hard as you thought it was. :)

Boy I wasted a lot of time on that last post of mine. I should hire you as a consultant. :bang:

thaskalos
01-13-2015, 03:38 PM
Boy I wasted a lot of time on that last post of mine. I should hire you as a consultant. :bang:

Always willing to lend a helping hand. :)

PaceAdvantage
01-13-2015, 05:16 PM
You forget. Mitt's religion DQ's himMany at one time thought Obama's skin color would DQ him...but he won twice...

I don't buy any of this Mormon unelectable bs...

PaceAdvantage
01-13-2015, 05:17 PM
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/XoQQvg-MLqNyWCzdXIu1-VRYjWXv09U1DVofdzFgHv5x639HI6vWWDc-IBqg8xhHpYV_5IbfWke8ojsCgjr69qrX5ZLONrN9Cb3wgiGtuk XVSJl73Dz_XpoyAre we going to go through this again?

Let's go over some of the more absurd beliefs of some of the religions that HAVE been elected President...

As if any one of them are less absurd than what you just posted... :lol:

Robert Goren
01-13-2015, 05:41 PM
Many at one time thought Obama's skin color would DQ him...but he won twice...

I don't buy any of this Mormon unelectable bs... Romney did not lose because he was a Mormon. He lost because more people thought Obama with all his faults would be a better president than thought the reverse.
Romney got more votes because he was a Mormon than he lost because he was a Mormon. The same is true of Obama's skin color. The same will be true of Hillary if she runs and being a woman.

JustRalph
01-13-2015, 06:06 PM
Many at one time thought Obama's skin color would DQ him...but he won twice...

I don't buy any of this Mormon unelectable bs...

I was referring to Boxcar not being for, nor voting for Romney

horses4courses
01-13-2015, 06:26 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7F77SpCEAAwPh2.jpg:medium

Clocker
01-13-2015, 07:24 PM
Here we go again?

Yep, here we go with more innuendo and lies. :rolleyes:

zico20
01-13-2015, 07:28 PM
Romney did not lose because he was a Mormon. He lost because more people thought Obama with all his faults would be a better president than thought the reverse.
Romney got more votes because he was a Mormon than he lost because he was a Mormon. The same is true of Obama's skin color. The same will be true of Hillary if she runs and being a woman.

Obama won because more people thought they would continue to get free hand outs from him rather than Romney. This is a big chunk of the electorate.

horses4courses
01-13-2015, 07:54 PM
Yep, here we go with more innuendo and lies. :rolleyes:

The man has been known to stretch the truth a ways, you're right.

AndyC
01-13-2015, 08:09 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7F77SpCEAAwPh2.jpg:medium

Yes he will have to deal with ignorant voters who believe that putting money in foreign accounts avoids taxes in the US.

Clocker
01-13-2015, 08:18 PM
The man has been known to stretch the truth a ways, you're right.

Oh, did Mitt post that? I thought you posted those lies.

ReplayRandall
01-13-2015, 09:04 PM

Take the time to know Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin. Walker is the only governor in the U.S. to date to win a gubernatorial recall election. This guy is a real fighter and is worthy of a look as a possible nominee.........

Tom
01-13-2015, 11:22 PM
Romney did not lose because he was a Mormon. He lost because more people thought Obama with all his faults would be a better president than thought the reverse.

And they were wrong.
Mitt was far more on point and major issues as they played out.
Face it Bobby, Obama won because the media lied and protected him.
that and the fact the 47% of the people want a free ride and have no intention of ever supporting themselves.

Obama got the idiot vote.

Tom
01-13-2015, 11:23 PM
Oh, did Mitt post that? I thought you posted those lies.

When a lie is posted, it is usually a safe bet to assume it was H4C.

PaceAdvantage
01-14-2015, 08:19 AM
I was referring to Boxcar not being for, nor voting for RomneyAnd I was referring to TJDave's reply....lol

Robert Goren
01-14-2015, 12:28 PM
Obama won because more people thought they would continue to get free hand outs from him rather than Romney. This is a big chunk of the electorate.If you are pass out promises of hand outs, you have to promise them to more than billionaires if you expect to win.

zico20
01-14-2015, 07:36 PM
If you are pass out promises of hand outs, you have to promise them to more than billionaires if you expect to win.

Romney specifically said the rich would NOT be getting any breaks under his administration. Don't know where you got this idea from that the rich were going to get a tax cut from him.

Robert Goren
01-14-2015, 08:39 PM
Romney specifically said the rich would NOT be getting any breaks under his administration. Don't know where you got this idea from that the rich were going to get a tax cut from him.Probably from all the money they gave him. Very few people give money to politicians with expecting in return. Incidentally I was not even referring to tax breaks. I talking about building planes we don't need. Exit ramps to undeveloped land. Free pasture to ranchers. Etc. Massive expensive giveaways that only benefit the rich. Don't get Holier than Thou with me. He was giving away plenty before he got to taxes. Turn on CNBC or Fox Business sometime. All you heard is how taxes are killing us compared Europe or Asia last summer. A GOP president is going turn a deaf ear to that.

ReplayRandall
01-14-2015, 08:46 PM
Romney specifically said the rich would NOT be getting any breaks under his administration. Don't know where you got this idea from that the rich were going to get a tax cut from him.

Zico, I love your passion for horse racing, but for politics?......98% of the people that Romney associates with are from the very wealthy sector of society. You think for an instant, if his wealthy friends and colleagues help to get him elected that he won't show any loyalty and gratitude? If your friends helped you attain your life's ambition, don't you think you'd show them how grateful you were?.....Your not a hypocrite Zico, and neither is Romney......

thaskalos
01-14-2015, 09:16 PM
Zico, I love your passion for horse racing, but for politics?......98% of the people that Romney associates with are from the very wealthy sector of society. You think for an instant, if his wealthy friends and colleagues help to get him elected that he won't show any loyalty and gratitude? If your friends helped you attain your life's ambition, don't you think you'd show them how grateful you were?.....Your not a hypocrite Zico, and neither is Romney......

Of course Romney will show favoritism towards the rich once he gets elected...but he has to pretend that he won't in order to GET elected. So, he gets up now and declares that he won't favor the rich once elected...which is the politically correct thing to do.

Romney learned his lesson from the mistakes of his FIRST presidential campaign; you are not supposed to reveal your stupidity until AFTER you get elected.

ReplayRandall
01-14-2015, 09:21 PM
Of course Romney will show favoritism towards the rich once he gets elected...but he has to pretend that he won't in order to GET elected. So, he gets up now and declares that he won't favor the rich once elected...which is the politically correct thing to do.

Romney learned his lesson from the mistakes of his FIRST presidential campaign; you are not supposed to reveal your stupidity until AFTER you get elected.

Amen to that.......But, Romney has played out his hand already, SEVEN-OUT line away..........no more markers.

NJ Stinks
01-14-2015, 10:03 PM
But, Romney has played out his hand already, SEVEN-OUT line away..........no more markers.

Great metaphor! :cool:

Tom
01-14-2015, 10:26 PM

And how would he give them a tax cut?

ReplayRandall
01-14-2015, 10:32 PM
And how would he give them a tax cut?

Where did I say a "tax cut"? There are more clever ways than that to repay markers.....

Tom
01-14-2015, 10:51 PM
And you are sure that is Romney's motivation?
In real life, he was more right on important issues that Obama has but just because he is rich (successful) he a bad choice?

ReplayRandall
01-14-2015, 11:12 PM
And you are sure that is Romney's motivation?
In real life, he was more right on important issues that Obama has but just because he is rich (successful) he a bad choice?

Tom, I agree with what you said about the important issues where Obama has been a failure. Bottom-line, Romney had his chance in 2012 and blew it. IMHO, if Romney couldn't win then, against a weak incumbent such as Obama, he can never win.......There are no do-overs at this level of politics, as Romney's weaknesses have been fully exposed......Take a fresh look at a real fighter, Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin. There's a politician that can counter-punch....

zico20
01-14-2015, 11:20 PM
Probably from all the money they gave him. Very few people give money to politicians with expecting in return. Incidentally I was not even referring to tax breaks. I talking about building planes we don't need. Exit ramps to undeveloped land. Free pasture to ranchers. Etc. Massive expensive giveaways that only benefit the rich. Don't get Holier than Thou with me. He was giving away plenty before he got to taxes. Turn on CNBC or Fox Business sometime. All you heard is how taxes are killing us compared Europe or Asia last summer. A GOP president is going turn a deaf ear to that.

How about all the rich people, some of them billionaires that gave to Obama. They all expect a return also. And Obama certainly gave it to them in many ways, some at the expensive of the poor and middle class. I am talking about the Keystone Pipeline and other oil drilling that Obama stopped.

Economics 101 is supply and demand. Obama has done everything in his power to keep oil prices higher. He even said under his plan gas prices were going to go much higher. Luckily there is a surplus of oil right now. Just think what oil prices would be if we had been drilling all along. The supply could have oil prices around 30 dollars a barrel and they could have stayed there without fear of OPEC cutting production.

Who do you think benefits from low gas prices? It is the poor and middle class. For someone who wants to help the poor Obama has a strange way of showing it. Then again, if poor people move up and are not reliant on the government for hand outs the liberals would not be relevant anymore.

Clocker
01-15-2015, 02:11 AM
Who do you think benefits from low gas prices? It is the poor and middle class.

Yeah, until the idiots on both sides of the aisle start thinking that low gas prices would made this a good time to raise gas taxes. :rolleyes:

barn32
01-15-2015, 04:41 AM
Jesse Ventura

Tom
01-15-2015, 07:27 AM
Sued a dead soldier's wife.
May he rot in Hell, the sooner the better.
The man is the worst kind of coward.

AndyC
01-15-2015, 11:11 AM
You think for an instant, if his wealthy friends and colleagues help to get him elected that he won't show any loyalty and gratitude? If your friends helped you attain your life's ambition, don't you think you'd show them how grateful you were?.....Your not a hypocrite Zico, and neither is Romney......

I think wealthy friends give money to candidates because they agree with their political viewpoints and not so much to curry favors. But I am sure that there are some looking for the latter.

The entire argument of doing things to help the wealthy is bogus. Most policies and laws that help job and business growth will necessarily help the wealthy. Big projects that employ many workers requires capital and organization to succeed. That require large companies to be involved.

OntheRail
01-15-2015, 01:58 PM
Romney's weaknesses have been fully exposed......Take a fresh look at a real fighter, Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin. There's a politician that can counter-punch....

So the leftest media would have nothing to fling against the Romney wall. And will be distracted blowing smokey cover for HilBily. ;)

I could get behind a Romney/Walker ticket... :ThmbUp:

ReplayRandall
01-15-2015, 02:04 PM
So the leftest media would have nothing to fling against the Romney wall. And will be distracted blowing smokey cover for HilBily. ;)

I could get behind a Romney/Walker ticket... :ThmbUp:

In politics and horse racing, I don't play tickets that have a proven loser on top........

DJofSD
01-15-2015, 02:05 PM
In politics and horse racing, I don't play tickets that have a proven loser on top........
I guess that leaves Killary off of your list.

mountainman
01-15-2015, 04:38 PM
Paging Big Mack...paging Big Mack...

HUSKER55
01-15-2015, 07:04 PM
I guess that leaves Killary off of your list.

you don't understand.....everything done before is just preparation.... :lol:

Clocker
01-15-2015, 07:09 PM
everything done before is just preparation

Preparation for Hillary? Would that be Preparation H for short? :p

Tom
01-15-2015, 10:00 PM
See, now THAT was funny, because it was based in truth. :lol:

barn32
01-16-2015, 06:58 AM
There are no do-overs at this level of politics.Nixon got a do-over. Reagan got a do over vis a vis Goldwater.

ReplayRandall
01-16-2015, 11:00 AM
Nixon got a do-over. Reagan got a do over vis a vis Goldwater.

Nixon was legit 8 years later, after the "stolen" election of 1960. Reagan became the nominee for the first time in 1980 and won. Your points have no merit......again. :bang:

barn32
01-16-2015, 12:45 PM
Nixon was legit 8 years later, after the "stolen" election of 1960. Reagan became the nominee for the first time in 1980 and won. Your points have no merit......again. :bang: My 84 year old mother still loves me.

Robert Goren
01-16-2015, 12:50 PM

I could get behind a Romney/Walker ticket... :ThmbUp:Wrong man on top. Walker on the top has some potential, but there is a lot that is not known about him yet. That being said, I think a Bush/Walker or a Christie/Walker ticket is more likely. The question is would the GOP have ticket in which neither party has been in congress or held a job of some sort in Washington. pretty unlikely. If I am correct about were the economy is headed, the GOP will be looking for somebody for the ticket with perceived economic expertise. Who that is, I have not a clue. If a senator like Rubio gets the nod, then maybe a Rubio/Perry ticket depending on how bad things get in Texas. I think jobs will be an issue in 2016. I really do expect the low oil prices to drag the economy down into a recession in late 2015 or early 2016.

Tom
01-16-2015, 12:58 PM
Low oil prices are freeing up tons of money that can be spend in other areas to stimulate the economy.

Robert Goren
01-16-2015, 01:08 PM
Low oil prices are freeing up tons of money that can be spend in other areas to stimulate the economy.That what they keep say on the News. It is not spending I am worried about. It is the banks and how much exposure they have to oil. I have a feeling they grabbing money with both fist from the oil bubble before the price fell. As with the housing bubble, they couldn't get out. I suspect there is a ton of paper that is suppose to value, but there is no market to sell it in anymore.

Actor
01-16-2015, 02:00 PM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/R5I3ZeBJAceZFX_OwaSmP2IT5V-DcEYmgZE1wEltz5ohLdOWNPrP2t1iiY8rG7nexpgcek1xqnSgq h9TF_HMtowzGfy05ubN83yhTF96QIMOzcFU8Xav7FX8"And the Garden of Eden was in Jackson County, Missouri."

Actor
01-16-2015, 02:21 PM
Are we going to go through this again?

Let's go over some of the more absurd beliefs of some of the religions that HAVE been elected President...

As if any one of them are less absurd than what you just posted... :lol:
We haven't had an atheist since Abraham Lincoln. We need another one.

classhandicapper
01-16-2015, 02:26 PM
That whole oil drop good or oil drop bad debate is a great one.

I haven't heard anyone make a convincing case wither way.

There's probably a bubble in the US related to shale investment, but lower prices will help consumers in the US and a few oil import countries while hurting some of the exporters. Someone must have all the numbers and a way to model it all, but they are probably too busy making informed bets. :lol:

Robert Goren
01-16-2015, 02:39 PM

There's probably a bubble in the US related to shale investment, but lower prices will help consumers in the US and a few oil import countries while hurting some of the exporters. Someone must have all the numbers and a way to model it all, but they are probably too busy making informed bets. :lol:It is not only shale, but off shore oil rig and refineries that sell to China.

Clocker
01-16-2015, 02:53 PM

Still waiting for the dust to settle. There are a lot of jobs being cut, and these are good jobs that create more jobs providing goods and services to them.

In a 50-percent fall in oil prices, Texas and seven other oil-pumping states — including North Dakota, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Alaska and others — could lose combined 249,700 jobs through the middle of 2015, with more than half of that coming from sinking Texas payrolls, according to a Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas model of how falling oil prices impact U.S. jobs.

Other than oil companies and their tool suppliers, manufacturers across Texas, as well as hotels and restaurants in the bustling rural oil towns in the western and southern corners of the state, could feel pain from declining oil prices before other industries, said Michael Plante, a senior research economist with the Dallas Fed, in an interview Monday.

http://fuelfix.com/blog/2014/12/29/oil-prices-fall-to-five-year-low-250000-jobs-at-stake-in-8-states/

Robert Goren
01-16-2015, 03:00 PM
They had a guy on CNBC who said he was shorting Caterpillar big time .

horses4courses
01-22-2015, 06:34 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B75mVb3CIAEDSJ-.jpg:medium

horses4courses
01-22-2015, 06:54 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B72vn52IMAEQwa2.jpg:medium

Steve 'StatMan'
01-22-2015, 06:57 PM
"And the Garden of Eden was in Jackson County, Missouri."

And he now believes in Climate Change.

Clocker
01-23-2015, 02:51 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B75mVb3CIAEDSJ-.jpg:medium

Winner, winner,
Chicken dinner.

Winner of the sleaziest post of the young year award. Attacking the non-political wife of a former political figure with pure lies about their lives. Other than that, a great post. :rolleyes:

Tom
01-23-2015, 07:35 AM
The tether to reality has long worn through....

Robert Goren
01-23-2015, 12:18 PM
I can understand how somebody would like to have a businessman as president. I would not considering our recent history with businessmen president. I would though if you wanted a businessman as president, you would somebody who was a more successful one than Romney.

DJofSD
01-24-2015, 09:39 AM
Trump said he's not sure which of the potential GOP 2016ers he'd prefer right now, but he's certain it would be a mistake for Romney to seek a third term.

"He failed. He choked. He's like a deal-maker that didn't close the deal. He shouldn't be running again. He had a great opportunity to win against a president that was absolutely lame, and he didn't do it. ... The 47 percent statement, which was a disaster, is not going away. Romneycare is not going away. All of his problems are not going away. He should get out and get out quickly."
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/politics/2015/01/23/trump-says-wouldve-defeated-obama/22250121/

RunForTheRoses
01-24-2015, 11:03 AM
This is currently the lead story on Drudge:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2015/01/24/palin-say-shes-seriously-interested-in-2016-campaign/

she does look kinda sexy in that pic for a 50 yo woman,big belt buckle, slender with strong forearms...but I don't think she stands a chance. Republican women seem to have a huge disadvantage in general (not saying internally but externally) and the media hates her.

Krauthammer says Rubio in his current column:

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/01/23/krauthammer-rubio-is-most-likely-to-win-gop-nomination/

Clocker
01-24-2015, 11:05 AM
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/politics/2015/01/23/trump-says-wouldve-defeated-obama/22250121/

The man is a legend in his own mind. I don't remember him ever doing well in any poll, let alone leading. He could not have beaten Obama, because he would have never gotten the nomination.

Trump said he should be in the White House right now.

"I was leading in every poll. ... I regret that I didn't stay in," he said in an interview before a private dinner at the Stine Barn in West Des Moines. "I would've won the race against (President Barack) Obama. He would've been easy. Hillary (Clinton) is tougher to beat than Obama, but Hillary is very beatable."

horses4courses
01-24-2015, 11:24 AM
Trump is very fond of hearing the sound of his own voice.

He can never be taken seriously as a political candidate.
The man has a very hard time getting casinos to make money.

DJofSD
01-30-2015, 10:00 AM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-01-30/mitt-romney-to-formally-announce-third-run-for-presidency

What a waste.

davew
01-30-2015, 11:02 AM
just announced

he will NOT run for president

DJofSD
01-30-2015, 11:03 AM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-01-30/mitt-romney-to-formally-announce-third-run-for-presidency

What a waste.
Wooppie! He's NOT running!

Thank God and greyhounds he's gone.

lamboguy
01-30-2015, 11:04 AM
that must mean that whoever gets nominated will take a good look at the senator from New Hampshire for VP

classhandicapper
01-30-2015, 11:16 AM
The downside of him not running is that it increases the probability we are going to get a catastrophic nomination like Bush or Christie.

One has almost no chance to win because of last name (and isn't any good anyway) and the other is to the left of many democrats. As horrible as those two guys are, I might prefer Hillary just for the entertainment value of Bill back in the spotlight.

ReplayRandall
01-30-2015, 11:20 AM
The downside of him not running is that it increases the probability we are going to get a catastrophic nomination like Bush or Christie.

One has almost no chance to win because of last name (and isn't any good anyway) and the other is to the left of many democrats. As horrible as those two guys are, I might prefer Hillary just for the entertainment value of Bill back in the spotlight.

Now that Romney is out, let's give a serious look at a real candidate who's a proven fighter.......Scott Walker.

Tom
01-30-2015, 11:36 AM
Walker will hard to beat in a debate - he is living proof that the left is living a lie.

Unlike most, he has actually delivered in the past.

Scott vs Hillary, cage match, Wrestlemanina 2015.

Tiger vs Cougar.
Old cougar.
Very old.

reckless
01-30-2015, 12:03 PM
It is great news that the perennial loser Mittens Romney has decided not to run. Simply put he's a loser and his record proves the point.

This will leave liberal phonies Jeb Bush and Chris Christie against a myriad of great conservatives -- Ted Cruz, Scott Walker, Rick Perry, Rand Paul, Rick Santorum, Marco Rubio and Ben Carson. I can't wait for all this to unfold.

Clocker
01-30-2015, 01:06 PM
that must mean that whoever gets nominated will take a good look at the senator from New Hampshire for VP

Ayotte appears to be bright, articulate, and right on the issues. But like Rubio, Cruz, etc., she has no executive experience, no private sector experience, and has not been at the national level long enough to demonstrate any leadership ability. Like them, she is young, inexperienced, and unproven. Kind of like Obama in 2008, except they have common sense.

Ayotta might help balance a ticket with someone like Walker, but pairing her with someone like Rubio or Cruz doesn't make sense.

Robert Goren
01-30-2015, 02:19 PM
What it means is that Bush has tied up most of the GOP money boys all ready. The GOP race may be over before it began just like in 2000 with his brother.

FantasticDan
01-30-2015, 02:25 PM
What it means is that Bush has tied up most of the GOP money boys all ready. The GOP race may be over before it began just like in 2000 with his brother.Yep. Jeb vs Hilly, lead pipe lock. :sleeping:

AVu01ShJ5qA

fast4522
01-30-2015, 02:39 PM
It is great news that the perennial loser Mittens Romney has decided not to run. Simply put he's a loser and his record proves the point.

This will leave liberal phonies Jeb Bush and Chris Christie against a myriad of great conservatives -- Ted Cruz, Scott Walker, Rick Perry, Rand Paul, Rick Santorum, Marco Rubio and Ben Carson. I can't wait for all this to unfold.

Naive thinking would put Santorum & Perry ahead of Jeb Bush, one might see the time to slash republicans is now because of single issue views. I like Ted Cruz but he may be too coarse for a national election, the other end of the spectrum is Chris Christie who may be too soft in a national election but both can tell their grand kids they ran for the highest office in the land. What we prefer means less than poop, it is what nationally accepted that counts.

fast4522
01-30-2015, 02:58 PM
What it means is that Bush has tied up most of the GOP money boys all ready. The GOP race may be over before it began just like in 2000 with his brother.

Stop popping wheelies RG your going to kill your battery's.

reckless
01-30-2015, 04:58 PM
Naive thinking would put Santorum & Perry ahead of Jeb Bush, one might see the time to slash republicans is now because of single issue views. I like Ted Cruz but he may be too coarse for a national election, the other end of the spectrum is Chris Christie who may be too soft in a national election but both can tell their grand kids they ran for the highest office in the land. What we prefer means less than poop, it is what nationally accepted that counts.

My ideal candidate is the conservative that stands by conservative principles and appeals to a majority of Americans.

Ted Cruz is not coarse, fast4522, by any means. Where did you get that idea?

Aside from the dummies that run the GOP and those fools that think 1 + 1 = err, could you repeat that question please?, Cruz' filibuster was a sign of patriotism. As I write this the gov't will be shut down for 2-3 days. The USA will not sink into an abyss or default on its obligations this weekend or over any 21 day period and longer.

Rick Santorum is an ideological perfect candidate but it will be hard to convince people with the vulgar mainstream press and the class-less, corrupt mainstream GOP. Also, losing his last Senate race here over 10 years ago cannot help him.

Rick Perry could be a candidate that can win people over, especially those that are fed up with cowardly, scared, soft-shoed RINOs such as Jeb Bush and Chris Christie. This country needs a real man, and Perry could fit that bill, unlike the fat, blustery phony, Christie, who can't even fit in a chair securely without falling on his arse, so how could he secure the safety of this country?

I believe the candidate the Democrat Party simply don't want to face is Scott Walker. Without any real help from the spineless GOP establishment, Walker beat the liberals in Wisconsin, again and again and again. He didn't back off on his conservative principles once -- as Bush or Christie would do -- and he won!

Another one I have the utmost respect for is Bobby Jindal, but the racist left wing press will try to destroy him. They will fail, but Jindal must be heard and given a chance. The USA wants and needs to know his story and message.

Rand Paul makes a good argument whatever the issue is but being a pure isolationist country can't work. Plus, the baggage of having an anti-Semitic father will haunt him. He'll get support though because he's smart and well spoken, and is no coward.

Both Marco Rubio and Ben Carson, on their worst days, are decidedly smarter, more capable and needed than any Democrat hopeful -- man, woman or Hillary.

That said, there cannot be 5-6 conservatives running against Jeb Bush. If so, they'll split the right-wing votes and Bush will win most of the primaries and the nomination. Two conservatives against the two RINOS will be an ideal campaign.

reckless
01-30-2015, 05:08 PM

Robert, I believe that is what Jeb baby is trying to do--lock up the big moneyed Corporate Elite crowd. And I'll bet they are using the G.W. Bush blueprint too to close the sale.

The two main differences in this campaign, dirty corporate money aside, is (1) George W. Bush won his last governors' race in TX just a year or two prior; baby Bush Jeb hasn't been in the limelight in over 10 years; (2) America no longer wanted anything to do with the Clinton regime in 2000, which helped G.W.

In 2016, I believe that thinking still holds about no more Clinton ... but you now can also add Bush to the mix too!

Clocker
01-30-2015, 05:38 PM
Mitt slams Jeb on the way out the door.

“I believe that one of our next generation of Republican leaders, one who may not be as well known as I am today, one who has not yet taken their message across the country, one who is just getting started, may well emerge as being better able to defeat the Democrat nominee,” Romney said. ”In fact, I expect and hope that to be the case.”

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/397598/romney-jabs-jeb-way-out-eliana-johnson

fast4522
01-30-2015, 06:05 PM
Reckless,

Please note that I do not blow nice warm air up anyone's, the thing that distinguishes us from the lefty's here is that we don't do that. Most of the time I agree with you, Tom, JR and others but the truth that same distinguishing thing is we have ideas and for most part agree the left has just failed ideas and the same ones over and over.

badcompany
01-30-2015, 09:01 PM
My favorite Political Analyst, the beautiful Monica Crowley, likes Scott Walker.

I like Monica:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7357/12366183974_c394d78e90.jpg

fast4522
02-01-2015, 05:23 PM
Monica Crowley could beat Mitt Romney, he did the right thing.

so.cal.fan
02-02-2015, 09:52 AM
Ron Paul....please come out of retirement!

classhandicapper
02-02-2015, 10:17 AM
If this election comes down to a Clinton and Bush I'm going to lock myself in a bathroom for 8 years and never stop throwing up.

Robert Goren
02-02-2015, 10:34 AM
Remember that who you or dislike does not matter. It is who will get enough votes to win. I think you are dreaming if you think one of those hard right candidates can win a general election. I don't think the GOP can go any further to thec right than Huckabee or Jeb and still win the election in 2016. If we are in a recession as I think we might be in, even they will be too far to the right. In hard times, voters want more government, not less. I know people will try to point Reagan, but he did not win on economics. He won because of the hostages. For even center-right candidate like Bush or Huckabee to have any chance, the economy has be booming. The economy booms the further to the right the GOP can go. In good times, people want less taxes. Less taxes is the GOP's main selling point. I kid you not. This is the real world of American politics whether you conservatives like it or not.

reckless
02-02-2015, 01:16 PM
There was some very interesting commentary on Joe and Mika's snooze fest this morning.

First of all, all that I read and heard these past few days from the mainstream media -- on all channels -- was that baby Bush Jeb would be helped by Mittens Romney dropping out of the race.

Well, on the show this morning, two recent polls from Iowa was discussed.

Poll No.1 included Romney, conducted before he quit, of course. Mitt finished 4th or 5th, not exactly sure where. Baby Bush Jeb was even behind him, though, in 5th or 6th place.

Poll No. 2, sans Mittens now, had Baby Bush Jeb gaining some overall points but still no higher than 4th, behind the great Scott Walker, the articulate Rand Paul, and the folksy Mike Huckabee. But no real gain or benefit, imo.

Does any truly unbiased sincere political junkie who is Republican (or not), but may be right of center -- it was an Iowa straw poll -- sincerely think that baby Bush Jeb has a shot at the winning the GOP nomination or the general election?

I understand it is only February and things are a very long way off, but if baby Bush Jeb ignores these early polls and early primaries, he's in big trouble.

classhandicapper
02-02-2015, 01:54 PM
Does any truly unbiased sincere political junkie who is Republican (or not), but may be right of center -- it was an Iowa straw poll -- sincerely think that baby Bush Jeb has a shot at the winning the GOP nomination or the general election?

My record predicting the republican nominee is mixed. I thought McCain was so horrible a recently deceased man could get the nomination over him. I'm still in a state of shock over that one. They picked a dead man with rigamortis. :bang:

I see only one way for Jeb Bush to win a general election.

The republicans are in trouble in any general election given the changing demographics and economics, but if your last name is Bush, I just can't possibly imagine it. His only possible shot would be to pick a conservative Hispanic vice president and swing some voters that way. Otherwise, IMO it's over.

fast4522
02-02-2015, 02:26 PM
First you have to be objective, bad raps and people who could care less.

zico20
02-02-2015, 02:49 PM
There was some very interesting commentary on Joe and Mika's snooze fest this morning.

First of all, all that I read and heard these past few days from the mainstream media -- on all channels -- was that baby Bush Jeb would be helped by Mittens Romney dropping out of the race.

Well, on the show this morning, two recent polls from Iowa was discussed.

Poll No.1 included Romney, conducted before he quit, of course. Mitt finished 4th or 5th, not exactly sure where. Baby Bush Jeb was even behind him, though, in 5th or 6th place.

Poll No. 2, sans Mittens now, had Baby Bush Jeb gaining some overall points but still no higher than 4th, behind the great Scott Walker, the articulate Rand Paul, and the folksy Mike Huckabee. But no real gain or benefit, imo.

I understand it is only February and things are a very long way off, but if baby Bush Jeb ignores these early polls and early primaries, he's in big trouble.

Bush does not stand a chance in Iowa. The Iowa republicans are very far to the right. Bush should concentrate on NH where they are more moderate.

zico20
02-02-2015, 02:54 PM
My record predicting the republican nominee is mixed. I thought McCain was so horrible a recently deceased man could get the nomination over him. I'm still in a state of shock over that one. They picked a dead man with rigamortis. :bang:

I see only one way for Jeb Bush to win a general election.

The republicans are in trouble in any general election given the changing demographics and economics, but if your last name is Bush, I just can't possibly imagine it. His only possible shot would be to pick a conservative Hispanic vice president and swing some voters that way. Otherwise, IMO it's over.

Bush could NOT pick Rubio for his running mate since they are both from the same state. Federal law forbids this. Rubio would have to switch states, which he would not do. This happened to Bush/Cheney. Cheney moved his residence to Wyoming to be eligible for the vice presidency.

classhandicapper
02-02-2015, 03:00 PM
Bush could NOT pick Rubio for his running mate since they are both from the same state. Federal law forbids this. Rubio would have to switch states, which he would not do. This happened to Bush/Cheney. Cheney moved his residence to Wyoming to be eligible for the vice presidency.

That leaves Ted Cruz.

Robert Goren
02-02-2015, 05:32 PM
That leaves Ted Cruz.Not likely. I think who will be the likely VP candidate will be Gov. John Kasich of Ohio no matter who is on top of the ticket. It is hard to come up with enough GOP electoral votes without Ohio. A ticket with 2 people from large swing states would help the cause. It can be done, but it is hard. The most likely other GOP VP chioce would be someone with a strong defense background like Cheney was. For Cruz, it would the top of the ticket or nothing.

reckless
02-02-2015, 08:18 PM
Bush does not stand a chance in Iowa. The Iowa republicans are very far to the right. Bush should concentrate on NH where they are more moderate.

Baby Bush Jeb could be in deep trouble, despite being the mainstream GOP selection and the darling of the corrupt Corporate 500 elites.

Bush looks like toast in Iowa. Yes, Iowa is conservative, but it also has a history of backing the establishment Party candidate, and that is baby Jeb. True, he could dismiss a loss in Iowa in general, but getting just 5-10 per cent of the vote is very telling, imo.

Next comes New Hampshire and quite simply, the Bush family has always done poorly there. They surely must know a lot more about them Bushies then the rest of the country, for sure.

Next comes South Carolina and baby Bush is dead meat there too. Boom, three at bats, three swishes.

That makes it very tough to overcome three losses to start the campaign when you're supposedly the pre-emptive leading candidate.

I think Bush is in a very vulnerable position as the GOP base totally rejects him. Just like we did Romney. And then comes Christie, and poof, RINO number 3 gone.

fast4522
02-03-2015, 09:44 AM
RINO, great catch phrase. Too early to predict much and be accurate at the same time except the religious right candidate will never get more than 6% to 7% in any primary going forward this time or several times ahead. The far left and far right need not apply. Mitt Romney ever the astute business man recognized that Romneycare in Massachusetts combined with the fact that Jonathan Gruber would forever be chained to to him thus killing any chance enough Americans would put on the clothes pin and vote his way. As for Iowa and New Hampshire, those voters know if Mitt Romney can beat your guy there is trouble.

reckless
02-03-2015, 10:14 AM
RINO, great catch phrase. Too early to predict much and be accurate at the same time except the religious right candidate will never get more than 6% to 7% in any primary going forward this time or several times ahead. The far left and far right need not apply. Mitt Romney ever the astute business man recognized that Romneycare in Massachusetts combined with the fact that Jonathan Gruber would forever be chained to to him thus killing any chance enough Americans would put on the clothes pin and vote his way. As for Iowa and New Hampshire, those voters know if Mitt Romney can beat your guy there is trouble.

I like your analysis and mostly agree.

But allow me to ask you these two questions:

How do you define far right?

What candidates do you consider to be perched on the far right?

I ask you this because I believe you are a basically conservative citizen who puts some thought into your posts. Thanks, fast one.

Robert Goren
02-03-2015, 10:27 AM
RINO, great catch phrase. Too early to predict much and be accurate at the same time except the religious right candidate will never get more than 6% to 7% in any primary going forward this time or several times ahead. The far left and far right need not apply. Mitt Romney ever the astute business man recognized that Romneycare in Massachusetts combined with the fact that Jonathan Gruber would forever be chained to to him thus killing any chance enough Americans would put on the clothes pin and vote his way. As for Iowa and New Hampshire, those voters know if Mitt Romney can beat your guy there is trouble.Romney is a lot of things, but an astute businessman is not one of them.

fast4522
02-03-2015, 12:08 PM
RG,

I really do not like picking on you but exactly how many times were you dropped on your head as a baby. Every filthy rich guy knows 4 out of 7 business ventures will fail, and it is those other three that will pay for the 4 clunkers plus make you and those around you wealthy.

Reckless,

Government has no place or should have no place for religion other than to protect the individual rights of those to choose what is correct for the individual. There is NO trust for those who want to flaunt religion or atheism. I will vote for the nominee of the republican party no matter what because participation counts much more than the I got to have it my way kid mindset. Personally I will enjoy watching some shoot themselves in the foot or feet in real time in the fall. In short I will continue to bet on horses and not personality's. Now I will throw a dig in here and there but find the process interesting and I am thankful there are those willing to participate in it.

Tom
02-03-2015, 12:10 PM
Romney is a lot of things, but an astute businessman is not one of them.

Based on what?:lol:

DJofSD
02-03-2015, 12:19 PM
RG,

I really do not like picking on you but exactly how many times were you dropped on your head as a baby. Every filthy rich guy knows 4 out of 7 business ventures will fail, and it is those other three that will pay for the 4 clunkers plus make you and those around you wealthy.

Reckless,

Government has no place or should have no place for religion other than to protect the individual rights of those to choose what is correct for the individual. There is NO trust for those who want to flaunt religion or atheism. I will vote for the nominee of the republican party no matter what because participation counts much more than the I got to have it my way kid mindset. Personally I will enjoy watching some shoot themselves in the foot or feet in real time in the fall. In short I will continue to bet on horses and not personality's. Now I will throw a dig in here and there but find the process interesting and I am thankful there are those willing to participate in it.
VC's know that too.

fast4522
02-03-2015, 01:19 PM
So now the President wants to increase taxes on those who actually hire people. This failed logic is exactly what is going to sink the left.

http://www.gallup.com/opinion/chairman/181469/big-lie-unemployment.aspx

AndyC
02-03-2015, 01:22 PM
Romney is a lot of things, but an astute businessman is not one of them.

Surely you will enlighten us as to why Romney is not an astute businessman.

reckless
02-03-2015, 01:49 PM
So now the President wants to increase taxes on those who actually hire people. This failed logic is exactly what is going to sink the left.

http://www.gallup.com/opinion/chairman/181469/big-lie-unemployment.aspx

It is good that Gallup finally mentioned the phony stats tof Obama's economic policy and the manipulating of the unemployment figures. Where were they in 2012 when unemployment was an important issue in the presidential race?

Obama lied, the liberal press protected this lie as fact, and Mitt Romney lost. Make that the USA lost.

fast4522
02-04-2015, 09:29 PM
RG,

Reckless,

I will enjoy watching some shoot themselves in the foot or feet in real time

Is this a shot in foot?

Robert Goren
02-04-2015, 11:33 PM
Based on what?:lol:He has never shown himself to be one. Not once. He once was a "venture capitalist" when friends of his father's bankrolled him. But he had to give that up because he was so bad at it that the sources of his cash dried up. He got paid a lot of money to make very little for his investors. If you consider that being astute, then he was astute by your difination. I consider an asute businessman as somebody who makes for everybody concerned. Never fail, He had public service to fall back on. That what rich people do when they can't make money anymore.

Robert Goren
02-04-2015, 11:58 PM
Scott Walker is the current flavor of the month. It remains to be seen if he can generate interest a year from now. The race will come down to a center-right pro business candidate like Bush (or Christy), a far right winger who would no chance in the general election but would make some of posters here happy and Huckabee. I know nobody here except me thinks he has a chance. He is the one republican, I fear in the general election and I think he will do well in the GOP primaries for the same reasons he would do well in the general. There is nothing that assure 4 more years of a democratic in the white house than the GOP putting up somebody like Ted Cruz.

Actually, of the GOP wantabees, I think Walker would make the best president. When you cut away the right wing talking points, he has shown that he has some sort of clue about what is happening in the country. I doubt If I could vote for him, but I would not be too upset if he won.

dartman51
02-05-2015, 12:21 AM
Scott Walker is the current flavor of the month. It remains to be seen if he can generate interest a year from now. The race will come down to a center-right pro business candidate like Bush (or Christy), a far right winger who would no chance in the general election but would make some of posters here happy and Huckabee. I know nobody here except me thinks he has a chance. He is the one republican, I fear in the general election and I think he will do well in the GOP primaries for the same reasons he would do well in the general. There is nothing that assure 4 more years of a democratic in the white house than the GOP putting up somebody like Ted Cruz.

Actually, of the GOP wantabees, I think Walker would make the best president. When you cut away the right wing talking points, he has shown that he has some sort of clue about what is happening in the country. I doubt If I could vote for him, but I would not be too upset if he won.

Of ALL the GOP candidates, Walker would be my pick. I just took a look at the list. I looked at each of them and asked myself, would I honestly want this person to be President.
Jeb Bush............NO
Ben Carson.........NO
Chris Christy........NO
Ted Cruz.............NOT QUALIFIED
Christopher Hill....DON'T KNOW HIM
Bobby Jindal........NO
Peter King...........MAYBE
George Pataki......NO
Rand Paul............HELL NO
Rick Perry...........NO
Mike Huckabee....NO
Rob Portman.......MAYBE
Mitt Romney.......NO
Marco Rubio........NO
Paul Ryan...........NO
Rick Santorum.....NO
John Thune.........DON'T KNOW HIM
Scott Walker.......YES

davew
02-05-2015, 01:05 AM
Surely you will enlighten us as to why Romney is not an astute businessman.

?? because he made enough money in 10 years to not have to work the rest of his life ?? he must of had a good union ??

reckless
02-05-2015, 08:40 AM
Of ALL the GOP candidates, Walker would be my pick. I just took a look at the list. I looked at each of them and asked myself, would I honestly want this person to be President.
Jeb Bush............NO
Ben Carson.........NO
Chris Christy........NO
Ted Cruz.............NOT QUALIFIED
Christopher Hill....DON'T KNOW HIM
Bobby Jindal........NO
Peter King...........MAYBE
George Pataki......NO
Rand Paul............HELL NO
Rick Perry...........NO
Mike Huckabee....NO
Rob Portman.......MAYBE
Mitt Romney.......NO
Marco Rubio........NO
Paul Ryan...........NO
Rick Santorum.....NO
John Thune.........DON'T KNOW HIM
Scott Walker.......YES

Very interesting list and opinions, dartman. Thanks.

While I have my very own favorites and my 'no way' candidates, the question I'd like to pose is this -- not just to you but to the other posters as well -- what issues do you feel will be the primary issues confronting America and its future? In a nutshell, what will the 2016 election be all about, plain and simple?

Now, once that is identified, what individual candidate(s) mostly reflects your concerns; what candidate don't at all?