PDA

View Full Version : John Fox out at Denver.

Clocker
01-12-2015, 09:17 PM
A record of 46-18 and 4 division titles in 4 years doesn't cut it in Denver.

John Fox and I met for more than an hour on Monday afternoon to discuss the 2014 season and our goals for the future," Elway said in a statement. "During our open and candid conversation, it became clear that it was best for both the Denver Broncos and Coach Fox to move on and make this change.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/denver-broncos-let-coach-john-fox-go-after-another-playoff-loss-222321227.html

ReplayRandall
01-12-2015, 09:29 PM
A record of 46-18 and 4 division titles in 4 years doesn't cut it in Denver.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/denver-broncos-let-coach-john-fox-go-after-another-playoff-loss-222321227.html

Fox wants the Frisco job....Who can blame him?

Stillriledup
01-12-2015, 09:30 PM
Sometimes you need a change. Players "tune out" coaches after a while, and even if the coach is good in real life, if the players are tuning him out, its not good.

NJ Stinks
01-12-2015, 11:14 PM
Screw the Broncos. The team reached the Super Bowl with a 37 year old QB last year and may have again this year if Manning stayed healthy.

But blame the coach. :rolleyes:

rastajenk
01-12-2015, 11:18 PM
My first impression was that he realized the window of opportunity had passed, time to take on a better situation.

Dark Horse
01-13-2015, 06:01 AM
Fox should be handed a very steep fine by the NFL. Why was Manning not on the injury report? The line had moved from -7 to -9.5 and the sharp money definitely was on Denver. This outdoes anything Bellichick has ever done in the injury report area, and it undermines the credibility of the NFL.

Stillriledup
01-13-2015, 06:05 AM
Fox should be handed a very steep fine by the NFL. Why was Manning not on the injury report? The line had moved from -7 to -9.5 and the sharp money definitely was on Denver. This outdoes anything Bellichick has ever done in the injury report area, and it undermines the credibility of the NFL.

Anyone who thought Denver was a fade loved that this info was kept hidden.

Dark Horse
01-13-2015, 07:41 AM
Anyone who thought Denver was a fade loved that this info was kept hidden.

The injury reports are there for a reason. If coaches are going to play it this way, i.e. against the rules, why have injury reports at all?

Robert Goren
01-13-2015, 07:58 AM
He got in the way of Elway's ego.

newtothegame
01-13-2015, 08:08 AM
Me thinks a fox is headed to Chi Town!!!
And I am not buying the Elway Injury. The broncos stunk the place up..point blank. Manning didn't look hobbled for the parts of the game I saw. He looked OLD.

Clocker
01-13-2015, 10:12 AM
Why was Manning not on the injury report?

He was on the injury report, every week since Dec. 14.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/12154238/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-played-torn-right-quad-last-month-season

Robert Fischer
01-13-2015, 04:30 PM
My first impression was that he realized the window of opportunity had passed, time to take on a better situation.

Yea, I actually like it.

It was a bullshit-free move.

Normally in sports a bunch of media people jump through the TV and pitch us all the stats on a coach like a used-car salesman.

"he's 54-3 in his last xyz!!" "Is Coach Fox the best ever?!" etc...

His job was to guide the ship while they had the best situational Passing Quarterback, and while they invested a ton of money into the project to build around Manning.

He did a solid job.

Next!

Stillriledup
01-13-2015, 06:56 PM
The injury reports are there for a reason. If coaches are going to play it this way, i.e. against the rules, why have injury reports at all?

Not sure why the NFL has injury reports to begin with....its not like they like gambling and want the gamblers to be able to have accurate point spreads. :faint:

Dark Horse
01-13-2015, 07:45 PM
Not sure why the NFL has injury reports to begin with....its not like they like gambling and want the gamblers to be able to have accurate point spreads. :faint:

For one reason only. The gamblers. The NFL is two-faced about that. Of course they love the gambling action, which creates interest in their product, and of course they act like they don't.

He was on the injury report, every week since Dec. 14.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/12154238/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-played-torn-right-quad-last-month-season

Right or wrong, teams are supposed to rate the injuries. The severity of Manning's injury would have made him 'questionable' at best, possibly 'doubtful'. It is obvious why the Broncos chose to keep the severity of the injury a secret, but that's not the point.

The public deserves to know the severity of an injury. Same idea as in horse racing, and same level of cheating. There's an enormous amount of action on a NFL playoff game. If the NFL wishes to downplay the importance of gambling, that is their choice, but the very presence of injury reports - rated, no less - speaks differently.