PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Seabands for Motion Sickness?

sq764
05-11-2004, 10:33 AM
I am going on a cruise this weekend (first one) for 5 days to Alaska.. I have gotten sick on a deep sea boat, but not sure about a cruise ship.

I was told to look into Seabands; that they work well.

Question:

1) Do they work?

2) Do they interact with alcohol?

3) Are there any better methods?

JustRalph
05-11-2004, 10:56 AM
Hit and Miss. I used to own an Airplane and my passengers would wear them. My wife who gets motion sickness if we take a quick turn in the car, got some relief from them. Others didn't. Take some motion sickness drugs along............just in case

I never get motion sickness and on a Cruise Ship off the coast of Mexico last year........ I got sick........a little.........mostly at night when trying to sleep.

kenwoodallpromos
05-11-2004, 05:36 PM
In the navy, we ate crackers and drenk very little water until acclimated to the sea. o get those around us seasick we smoked cigars and ate bbq sardines.

sq764
05-11-2004, 10:08 PM
ok, but I hate crackers and drink very much beer :-)

JustRalph
05-11-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by kenwoodallpromos
In the navy, we ate crackers and drenk very little water until acclimated to the sea. o get those around us seasick we smoked cigars and ate bbq sardines.

this is why I joined the Air Force.................

azmike
05-13-2004, 08:50 PM
The best device I have come across is a watch-like band which sends out electrical impulses to a nerve on your wrist. It sounds like a "only on TV" gimmick but it does work. I bought one for my daughter and my cousin later bought one and they both rave about them.

Sorry I forgot the name but Herrington Catalog sells them for less than $100. It is apparently the only such device approved by the FDA.

BTW, it doesn't hurt at all. My daughter said it "kinda tickles" when it is on.

Good luck.

sq764
05-13-2004, 09:46 PM
I believe this is a form of the Seaband

azmike
05-13-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by sq764
I believe this is a form of the Seaband

Actually it is a totally different product.

I did a Google search and the product I described I found out is called "Relief Band". It is $79.99. Sea band is basically a wrist band. Relief band can be viewed at www.reliefband.com or www.drugstore.com and several other sites including amazon.com.

Good luck.

sq764
05-13-2004, 10:11 PM
I think the Seaband uses accupressure and the other one uses electric 'shock'

cato
05-13-2004, 10:25 PM
An anti nausea drug called compazine (or something like that) is a miracle drug when it comes to sea sickness.

Take whatever you want to from over the counter but whatever you do, take a prescription for compazine in case the oher stuff does not work

Cato