lamboguy
01-11-2015, 07:41 PM
Indianapolis Colts +7 -1.10

NE Patriots -7 -1.10

horses4courses
01-11-2015, 09:15 PM
Indianapolis Colts +7 -1.10

NE Patriots -7 -1.10

If they ever move off 7, I expect to see 6.5 rather than 7.5.

lamboguy
01-11-2015, 09:19 PM
If they ever move off 7, I expect to see 6.5 rather than 7.5.so far you are right!

line update

Indianapolis Colts +7 -1.15

NE Patriots -7 -1.05

lamboguy
01-14-2015, 06:56 PM
Indianapolis Colts +6 1/2 - 110

New England Pats -6 1/2 -110

Ocala Mike
01-14-2015, 07:38 PM
Should have got in at 7; I'm thinking this kid Luck is the "walk on water" type.

burnsy
01-15-2015, 07:42 AM
I'm thinking it may be a good game too. I sort of think it is not just Luck either. I've never seen Indy hold decent teams to 10 and 13 points back to back. Usually their defense gets smoked, they've been good in the playoffs this year but the two offensive teams they held low scores against were also banged up. To me, this is a hard read because I got burned by Indy last week. I thought Denver would put up more than 13. Indy has been the "surprise team" for me because they are usually soft on defense.

Stillriledup
01-15-2015, 02:13 PM
Should have got in at 7; I'm thinking this kid Luck is the "walk on water" type.

Here's the key to success for road teams in Foxboro. You have to be "not afraid" of these guys. If you go in there confident and truly believing you are the better team and play physical with these guys, you can win. If you go in there worried about the resume's of the QB and Coach, you're probably not going to have a very good day.

burnsy
01-15-2015, 05:15 PM
Here's the key to success for road teams in Foxboro. You have to be "not afraid" of these guys. If you go in there confident and truly believing you are the better team and play physical with these guys, you can win. If you go in there worried about the resume's of the QB and Coach, you're probably not going to have a very good day.

Exactly, they are about 80% as good as people make them, especially the media. They have a hard on for those two for some reason. If you think about it, they are good but there are usually a few teams that are better. The reason they make the AFC championship every year is....well, look at the AFC. I'm not saying they can't win it all, I'm saying they most likely won't if the last few years have been an indication. Forget about Luck, the defense can't give up 200 yards running or 40 points...that's usually the problem with Indy. New England always looks good against the defensive "patsys" , the physical teams are the ones that beat them up. Indy has to hit people like they've been doing and they may have half a chance because New England did not look that good last week. But I'll admit if things go south for Indy early, it could get ugly for them too. Out of the two games, I'm half thinking this one could be a chance for an upset. Luck will be Luck, if Indy can't hold NE back, it won't be close even if Luck has his best day.

lamboguy
01-18-2015, 09:45 AM
Colts +6 1/2 - 105

Pats -6 1/2 -115

lamboguy
01-18-2015, 12:03 PM
Colts +7 -115

Pats -7 -105

Redboard
01-18-2015, 01:42 PM
Might have something to do with the torrential rain predicted for that area tonight. Nothing like weather to stir the pot and add to the confusion.

lamboguy
01-18-2015, 02:41 PM
Colts +7 1/2 -125

Pats -7 1/2 +105

Teach
01-18-2015, 02:48 PM
To carry on with Redboard's comment. I live about 25 miles north of Gillette Stadium. Weather reports and radar are indicating that the heaviest ran will fall during the second half of the Pats-Colts game. It would seem to behoove both teams to score as many points as possible early because it will likely be difficult to play catch-up give the prediction of heavy downpours during the second half.

proximity
01-18-2015, 02:52 PM
LET'S GO COLTS!!!

pandy
01-18-2015, 06:41 PM
I picked the Patriots - 6.5 but I didn't bet the game because I want to root for the Colts. I don't trust the Colts defense, and I wish they had any sort of running game.

lamboguy
01-18-2015, 06:45 PM
i hope the Colts win so i don't have to go to the superbowl

burnsy
01-18-2015, 06:51 PM
gonna be like the first game..wet.....funny bounces, picks and fumbles.

lamboguy
01-18-2015, 07:07 PM
Colts +11 1/2 +115

Pats -11 1/2 -140

lamboguy
01-18-2015, 07:20 PM
Colts +13 1/2 -110

Pats -13 1/2 -110

lamboguy
01-18-2015, 07:31 PM
Colts +17 1/2 - 105

Pats - 17 1/2 -120

lamboguy
01-18-2015, 08:28 PM
Colts +3 +110

Pats -3 -130

banacek
01-18-2015, 08:56 PM
I guess Pinnacle thinks this game is over:

NFL AMERICAN FOOTBALL - SUN 2/1
GAME HANDICAP MONEY LINE TOTAL POINTS MORE
Sun 2/1 101 New England Patriots +3 1.909 2.330 Over 49.5 2.000
03:30 PM 102 Seattle Seahawks -3 2.000 1.680 Under 49.5 1.909

RXB
01-18-2015, 08:57 PM
i hope the Colts win so i don't have to go to the superbowl

Time to start making some hotel inquiries, Lambo...

cj's dad
01-19-2015, 09:58 AM
When the Pats beat the Ravens, the Ravens could walk off the field with their heads held. Yesterday the Colts had theirs handed to them.

1 touchdown indeed !

lamboguy
01-19-2015, 10:49 AM
When the Pats beat the Ravens, the Ravens could walk off the field with their heads held. Yesterday the Colts had theirs handed to them.

1 touchdown indeed !the Ravens just might have been the best team in football, they got beat on trick plays on the other guys home court.

if the Ravens would have played the Colts yesterday, you would have had close to the same result. The Ravens have a very good coaching staff and front office, they will be back again.

before the game i said the Ravens were at least 10 times better than the Colts, now i think they are even better than that.

davew
01-19-2015, 11:00 AM
Patriots being accused of using balls not up to pressure (deflated balls)

A couple were weighed (how much does air pressure weigh?)

Clocker
01-19-2015, 11:59 AM

Story here: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/deflating-feeling--report-puts-patriots-on-defensive-over-footballs--culture-since-spygate-scandal-080638511.html

Each team supplies its own balls, which are checked by the officials before the game. If the Patriot balls were under inflated enough to make a difference, you would think that the officials would notice the difference between Patriot balls and Colt balls while handling them during the game.

And how could they possibly check the balls after the game was over?

proximity
01-19-2015, 04:23 PM
the ravens can thank the colts for beating the texans so they could even make the playoffs period just like they can thank kc for beating the chargers. and despite their third place schedule (although they may lose to jax if they have to go on the road) they won't sniff the playoffs next year when they have to play two tougher divisions than the afc and nfc south. although when 21 points against the titans is your biggest offensive "explosion" against a division idk how much worse things can get? :confused:

proximity
01-19-2015, 04:28 PM
if the Ravens would have played the Colts yesterday, you would have had close to the same result.

yes, the home team would have won. :ThmbUp:

cj's dad
01-19-2015, 08:29 PM
the ravens can thank the colts for beating the texans so they could even make the playoffs period just like they can thank kc for beating the chargers. and despite their third place schedule (although they may lose to jax if they have to go on the road) they won't sniff the playoffs next year when they have to play two tougher divisions than the afc and nfc south. although when 21 points against the titans is your biggest offensive "explosion" against a division idk how much worse things can get? :confused:
Another Ravens hater, surprise,surprise! Joe the QB pasted 31 points on NE while "elite" QB Andrew"I got nothin" Luck put up 1 TD. Guess what S? both of our teams are sitting out, so does it really matter?

proximity
01-19-2015, 09:16 PM
Another Ravens hater, surprise,surprise!

now that is a low blow as baltimore is rapidly becoming my favorite city.

and i'm sure a trip to fred and margie's would seal the deal if i was smart enough to ever find it!! :blush:

cj's dad
01-20-2015, 02:39 AM
now that is a low blow as baltimore is rapidly becoming my favorite city.

and i'm sure a trip to fred and margie's would seal the deal if i was smart enough to ever find it!! :blush:borrow a GPS. When you do I;ll post the address !

Rookies
01-20-2015, 02:22 PM
Is this the thread where one team embarrassed the other 161-2? :lol:

burnsy
01-21-2015, 07:13 AM

PSI, pounds per square inch. Great football minds think alike. Belichik saw the first game just like Burnsy did. I mentioned the wet ball on both (game)threads, Belchik did something about it.............. :)

Problem is NE would of won if they used golf balls.......and this game was as close to a 161-2 game can get in the NFL.

MutuelClerk
01-21-2015, 11:05 AM
Heard they're being referred to as the New England Deflateriots. Led by Bill Belicheat.

Marshall Bennett
01-21-2015, 12:07 PM
If the balls are inflated at room temperature, they'll naturally weigh less in 25 degree weather. I suppose this has been taken into consideration.
If New England's intentions were to cheat, why wouldn't they start with legal balls and only if they fall behind or the game is close, then substitute with the others?

Clocker
01-21-2015, 12:19 PM
This whole ball situation doesn't make any sense. There are three sets of balls, and apparently no official supervision of them after a pregame inspection.

That's like letting each MLB pitcher supply his own balls. And why do kickers need special balls? Just have the NFL provide one set of balls and have the officials prepare them and control them.

Dark Horse
01-21-2015, 01:18 PM
It's not just the last game. The Colts intercepted a ball in the first game these teams played this season and noticed it was under inflated. So when they intercepted another one this Sunday, and it had the same problem, that's what kicked off the scandal. Brady is on record as liking under inflated balls, so it's a safe bet the Pats have played with these balls in many of their games. It's also easier to catch and run with (a harder ball more easily comes out), so this is a big deal. The Patriots are to football what Barry Bonds is to baseball. They didn't need to cheat. But they chose to anyway. They represent a culture that it's not cheating unless you're caught. Horse players are more than familiar with that culture. Horse players are also familiar with the slaps on the wrist that follow.

NJ Stinks
01-21-2015, 01:30 PM
Newsweek reported the following:

According to a person familiar with the background of the matter, the Colts first noticed something unusual after an interception by Colts linebacker D’Qwell Jackson in the second quarter. Jackson gave the ball to a member of the Colts' equipment staff, who noticed the ball seemed underinflated and then notified coach Chuck Pagano.

General manager Ryan Grigson was notified in the press box, and he contacted Mike Kensil, NFL director of football operations. Kensil then told the on-field officials at halftime, when the Patriots led 17-7. The Patriots erupted for 21 points in the third quarter, although it is not known if any of the balls were improperly inflated after halftime.

I can't understand why the referees on the field could not discern that the footballs the Pats were using were more deflated than the footballs the Colts were using. After all, the refs handle the footballs after every play.

link:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/nfl-opens-patriots-deflated-football-probe-after-afc-championship-win-1.9821346

cj
01-21-2015, 02:03 PM
If Sean Payton had to sit out a year, the same or more should go for the Hoodie.

MutuelClerk
01-21-2015, 02:07 PM
The problem is the NFL has no balls and the Pats will get another wrist slap when caught cheating.

Stillriledup
01-21-2015, 03:37 PM
If Sean Payton had to sit out a year, the same or more should go for the Hoodie.

Why wasn't he banned for FIVE years for Spygate and "tainting" Super Bowls? No way these guys Beat the Rams if they don't steal that walkthru information.

Stillriledup
01-21-2015, 03:44 PM
The problem is the NFL has no balls and the Pats will get another wrist slap when caught cheating.

Their attitude is that people are stupid and if we just instruct the media to NOT talk about it, you'll either forget about it or they will convince you its "no big deal" and didnt alter the game in anyway..things like that. Then you have NFL "shills" like Mike and Mike who will just tell you that its all good, there's no cheating and the NFL is on the up and up.

If they gave a HUGE fine, suspended Belichick for a year or more and did more damage, they would have to admit their championship game was tainted.

Ben Johnson "cheated" and his medals were basically stripped the day after the race. If the NFL was a legit organization, they would take away this win from the Patriots and award it to the Colts and put the Colts in the Super Bowl...but no, nothing will be taken away, none of those Spygate super bowls or anything...some token "Wrist slap" and the rest will get brushed under the rug....business as usual for them.

NFL won't take away any wins or do any drastic measures because they're just an entertainment organization who doesn't really hold wins and losses in much high regard....same holds true for the baseball entertainment company...nobody's records got stripped or trophies returned from the steroid era....they just picked out a few "villians" like Clemens, Bonds and A Rod and let the public hang them in the court of public opinion....so it just SEEMS like MLB did something about the "cheating" but they did not....so you have to take their sports leagues with a grain of salt....cheaters can cheat but nobody's "wins" or "Awards" will ever be taken away.

MutuelClerk
01-21-2015, 09:47 PM
I'm sure the NFL has had another great money making season. Roger Goodell has been awful and should be replaced. What will probably happen is because the league has done so well he'll get a multi million dollar bonus. Ahhh, the corporate world.

Stillriledup
01-22-2015, 02:33 AM
I'm sure the NFL has had another great money making season. Roger Goodell has been awful and should be replaced. What will probably happen is because the league has done so well he'll get a multi million dollar bonus. Ahhh, the corporate world.
http://houston.cbslocal.com/2013/12/01/texans-allege-fishy-adjustments-by-the-patriots/

Dark Horse
01-22-2015, 05:25 AM
Newsweek reported the following:

According to a person familiar with the background of the matter, the Colts first noticed something unusual after an interception by Colts linebacker D’Qwell Jackson in the second quarter. Jackson gave the ball to a member of the Colts' equipment staff, who noticed the ball seemed underinflated and then notified coach Chuck Pagano.

General manager Ryan Grigson was notified in the press box, and he contacted Mike Kensil, NFL director of football operations. Kensil then told the on-field officials at halftime, when the Patriots led 17-7. The Patriots erupted for 21 points in the third quarter, although it is not known if any of the balls were improperly inflated after halftime.

I can't understand why the referees on the field could not discern that the footballs the Pats were using were more deflated than the footballs the Colts were using. After all, the refs handle the footballs after every play.

link:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/nfl-opens-patriots-deflated-football-probe-after-afc-championship-win-1.9821346

The only way to clearly see that a ball is underinflated is to put it on the ground and push into it with your thumbs. Without applying such pressure it will tend to go unnoticed. The guy that noticed was the Colts equipment manager.

bobbyb
01-22-2015, 07:57 AM
We all are so fixated on under inflated balls, and Brady, BB the Pats as an organization. Calls for suspension, loss of draft picks and on and on.

I Agree with all the posters, something should be done by the NFL brass and the punishment should be swift - putting this to bed fast.

However, since we are on a wagering forum, where was the hate for the Bronco's hiding Manning's injury report to the NFL and wagering public. To me, that was a much bigger issue than football deflation.

It would seem to me, that outright deceit on the part of the Bronco's should have had an even bigger response from the NFL. Nada.............

bobby

Dark Horse
01-22-2015, 09:04 AM
We all are so fixated on under inflated balls, and Brady, BB the Pats as an organization. Calls for suspension, loss of draft picks and on and on.

I Agree with all the posters, something should be done by the NFL brass and the punishment should be swift - putting this to bed fast.

However, since we are on a wagering forum, where was the hate for the Bronco's hiding Manning's injury report to the NFL and wagering public. To me, that was a much bigger issue than football deflation.

It would seem to me, that outright deceit on the part of the Bronco's should have had an even bigger response from the NFL. Nada.............

bobby

The Manning deceit was certainly mentioned here. It was a bigger deal to the gamblers, but the Patriots scandal is a bigger deal to football. Illegal tampering with the ball, as far as I know, has only been done in baseball, with tar. That's on par with what the Patriots did.

The funny thing is that the media now wonder if Brady knew about it. Doh. He's already said he prefers underinflated balls in the past. In my view, Brady should be suspended for the Superbowl. That would be a punishment fitting the crime. But nobody dares to touch pretty-boy Tom.

MutuelClerk
01-22-2015, 09:24 AM
From shrinkage, this press conference will literally be a show about nothing. Bellicheat wont answer questions he's above the law.

lamboguy
01-22-2015, 09:35 AM
they should take away the Patriots win and have the Colts head down to Phoenix and play in the stadium. i am positive that if the balls weren't deflated the Colts would have kicked the shit out of them.

Clocker
01-22-2015, 10:53 AM

The Broncos complied with the letter of the law. Manning was listed on the injury report every week, and I believe was listed as a probable starter, which is all the league requires.

No team is going to give out more info than required. Among other problems, it can tip off opponents who can then focus on the injury. If there is an issue, it is with the rule, not with the Broncos.

Marshall Bennett
01-22-2015, 12:16 PM
they should take away the Patriots win and have the Colts head down to Phoenix and play in the stadium. i am positive that if the balls weren't deflated the Colts would have kicked the shit out of them.
This is laughable. :lol:

Stillriledup
01-22-2015, 02:49 PM
Its not about who beats who, its about whether or not cheating is allowed as long as you win by "enough" so that people can theorize the cheating had no effect on the game.

If someone robs a bank they don't tell the crook that if he can prove that the money the bank lost "didnt matter" he goes free, that's not how it works.

davew
01-22-2015, 04:28 PM
From shrinkage, this press conference will literally be a show about nothing. Bellicheat wont answer questions he's above the law.

Did he break any laws? was there fraud involved?

Stillriledup
01-22-2015, 04:51 PM
Did he break any laws? was there fraud involved?

Plenty of people in sports and real life don't actually break laws, but society comes down hard on them anyway. Look at OJ. When he was acquitted of murder, according to the US Justice system, he didnt break any laws...but society wasn't too interested in honoring that.

Dark Horse
01-23-2015, 04:07 AM
Watch the test with Brunell and Betis:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/01/22/mark-brunell-and-other-ex-players-crushed-tom-brady-on-espn/

Easier to throw, easier to carry... This is absolutely on par with a pitcher using pine tar. Brady is not only a cheater, but possibly the worst and most consistent cheater in the game.