PDA

View Full Version : Rex Ryan gets Bills job

reckless
01-11-2015, 09:04 AM
WFAN radio says Rex Ryan will be named Buffalo Bills head coach.

Let's hope that the mediocre Doug Marrone does not get the Jets job.

Tom
01-11-2015, 09:10 AM
Hire a proven loser.
Brilliant

JFK said let's go to the moon and we did in under 10 years.
Buffalo has been rebuilding for a lot longer than that!
This year was the first time they showed some promise, so of course, clean house?

Do you guys have idea how bad it is to have every damn Bills game on every damn week? Can I sue? :bang: :bang:

Robert Goren
01-11-2015, 09:15 AM
Hire a proven loser.
Brilliant

This year was the first time they showed some promise, so of course, clean house?

Do you guys have idea how bad it is to have every damn Bills game on every damn week? Can I sue? :bang: :bang:It could be worse, you could have the Jets on every week. Or you could get what we get, watching Jay Cutler in self destruct mode. :bang: :bang:
Actually Belichick was a proven loser when he got the Pats job.

Robert Goren
01-11-2015, 09:22 AM
WFAN radio says Rex Ryan will be named Buffalo Bills head coach.

Let's hope that the mediocre Doug Marrone does not get the Jets job. Nobody is going to win with the jets or bills until they get a QB.

burnsy
01-11-2015, 10:09 AM
I've been a Bills fan for close to 25 years. The first time I got a ticket from my friend, I was hooked. I like this move and think he will do good at Buffalo. The Jets are just a circus like mess, all the problems can't be blamed on Rex. The Jets most likely will suck again next year. There is also a rumor that the Bills are going to get Greg Roman from the 49'ers as offensive coordinator. If that happens they will have a good staff. This defense is as good as it gets and I think Rex will bring a lot of energy to the Bills and people will respond all the way to the seats. Rex is a great wagon circler. I agree, they need a QB but Rex Ryan just got a big leg up leaving the Jets. The players play for him and he just landed a good bunch of players. I know I'm a homer but I think the Bills will be a force to be reckoned with next year, especially in the AFC where most teams can't play defense.

JustRalph
01-11-2015, 10:29 AM
I'm sure Rex will put his best foot forward

Secondbest
01-11-2015, 10:53 AM
I'm sure Rex will put his best foot forward
:lol:

tucker6
01-11-2015, 11:17 AM
Hire a proven loser.
Brilliant

Do you guys have idea how bad it is to have every damn Bills game on every damn week? Can I sue? :bang: :bang:
DirecTV my friend

tucker6
01-11-2015, 11:18 AM
Actually Belichick was a proven loser until Tom Brady stumbled into the lineup.
fyp

magwell
01-11-2015, 11:29 AM
The coach doesn't matter its a QB league, the Dolphin's have had backup QB's since Dan and going 8-8 is a big winning year down here......:)

Relwob Owner
01-11-2015, 12:21 PM
Hire a proven loser.
Brilliant

Couldn't agree more Tom.

It could be worse though and you could be a Browns fan like me. We fleece you guys with the draft trade after fleecing the Colts with Richardson and we take that turd Manziel(I did initially like and defend him and thought he would be good but he is pretty much dead to me by now and I was clearly wrong) and Justin Gilbert who couldn't crack the starting lineup by year end and is well on his way to being a bust. All this while clearly needing a wideout and failing to take Beckham or Benjamin when we could. The salt in the wound is that needing a wideout badly with Gordon out, we cut Charles Johnson who goes to Minnesota and impresses......just brutal

banacek
01-11-2015, 12:33 PM
There is also a rumor that the Bills are going to get Greg Roman from the 49'ers as offensive coordinator.

There are other rumours too:

"When Rex Ryan interviews for head coaching vacancies, he wants prospective general managers to know that he'll have the best offensive coordinator money can buy. Ian Rapoport reported on NFL Network's NFL GameDay Morning, per a source informed of Ryan's plans, that the former Jets coach wants to team up with Marc Trestman, the recently fired Bears coach. The feeling appears to be mutual."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000455988/article/rex-ryan-wants-marc-trestman-as-his-future-oc

Robert Goren
01-11-2015, 12:47 PM
Couldn't agree more Tom.

It could be worse though and you could be a Browns fan like me. We fleece you guys with the draft trade after fleecing the Colts with Richardson and we take that turd Manziel(I did initially like and defend him and thought he would be good but he is pretty much dead to me by now and I was clearly wrong) and Justin Gilbert who couldn't crack the starting lineup by year end and is well on his way to being a bust. All this while clearly needing a wideout and failing to take Beckham or Benjamin when we could. The salt in the wound is that needing a wideout badly with Gordon out, we cut Charles Johnson who goes to Minnesota and impresses......just brutalIt is easy to get sucked in by a QB's raw talent. I can not think of one QB who had off the field issues that made it no matter how talented. The list of failures is long. Sometime a player at another position does, but never a QB. The latest poster boy is Winston. Somebody will bite on him and waste a high draft pick.
As for the Browns, it been a long haul. Hell, the team leaves town and wins a super bowl. You get a new team and it picks up where the old left off. Even Cleveland deserves better.

Tom
01-11-2015, 12:50 PM
It could be worse though and you could be a Browns fan like me

When I grew up, we had the Browns and the Giants.
That was about it.

True story.
One year, I was given two Bills season tickets for Christmas.
I went to the mall, and somehow forgot and left the tickets right there on the front seat.

When I came back out, your guessed it - my side window was broken, and when I looked in onto the front seat, where I had left the two tickets, there were now FOUR season tickets! :( :( :(

Stillriledup
01-11-2015, 03:00 PM
Hire a proven loser.
Brilliant

Dan Marino was a proven loser too, doesn't mean he was bad at his job.

Stillriledup
01-11-2015, 03:04 PM
I've been a Bills fan for close to 25 years. The first time I got a ticket from my friend, I was hooked. I like this move and think he will do good at Buffalo. The Jets are just a circus like mess, all the problems can't be blamed on Rex. The Jets most likely will suck again next year. There is also a rumor that the Bills are going to get Greg Roman from the 49'ers as offensive coordinator. If that happens they will have a good staff. This defense is as good as it gets and I think Rex will bring a lot of energy to the Bills and people will respond all the way to the seats. Rex is a great wagon circler. I agree, they need a QB but Rex Ryan just got a big leg up leaving the Jets. The players play for him and he just landed a good bunch of players. I know I'm a homer but I think the Bills will be a force to be reckoned with next year, especially in the AFC where most teams can't play defense.

I like this move too, its an upgrade for sure. I also agree with the not blaming Rex for everything, its not like the Jets were this model organization who knew how to draft, hire GMs, not have the owner meddle, etc and Rex came in and screwed it up. He got the Jets to Championship games with Marc Sanchez as QB, but that's something that most have forgotten.

He's not going to Buffalo to kiss Belichick's ring. Bills are on the cusp of something exciting, this is a move in the right direction. (not to mention you have a big edge in the 2 games you play vs NYJ this coming season, those 2 wins you ought to be able to get due to the coaching edge Rex will enjoy might be the difference between playoffs and not).

burnsy
01-11-2015, 04:00 PM
Agreed SRU, people forget how well he did at first and the Jets are like a bad soap opera. Rex never had a chance there. They always played hard with the crap he had to work with. Including their goofy ownership and management. The Bills have a solid defense, good running and fast, young receivers....with a QB they will be a good team. Plus, Denver and New England can't last forever and its not like either is unbeatable now. Marrone seemed wishy washy to me anyhow. This guy has a heart and the defense will probably be even tougher. If they buy into him they are going to do some good things in this league. The Jets are just a piss poor organization........they did Rex a favor with this deal...he probably can't wait. Look at the team he's getting.........look where he was. Its a QB league but people never realize you don't need the best QB either, you need the best team to make it anywhere. The QB's all the jokers rave about, rarely win the big one anyway. People were on here running Joe Flacco down.....funny he won two years ago. How many have Rodgers, Brady and Manning won lately? One player never cuts the mustard in football, that's how you win betting it. Its a team effort.

Stillriledup
01-11-2015, 04:14 PM
Agreed SRU, people forget how well he did at first and the Jets are like a bad soap opera. Rex never had a chance there. They always played hard with the crap he had to work with. Including their goofy ownership and management. The Bills have a solid defense, good running and fast, young receivers....with a QB they will be a good team. Plus, Denver and New England can't last forever and its not like either is unbeatable now. Marrone seemed wishy washy to me anyhow. This guy has a heart and the defense will probably be even tougher. If they buy into him they are going to do some good things in this league. The Jets are just a piss poor organization........they did Rex a favor with this deal...he probably can't wait. Look at the team he's getting.........look where he was. Its a QB league but people never realize you don't need the best QB either, you need the best team to make it anywhere. The QB's all the jokers rave about, rarely win the big one anyway. People were on here running Joe Flacco down.....funny he won two years ago. How many have Rodgers, Brady and Manning won lately? One player never cuts the mustard in football, that's how you win betting it. Its a team effort.

Rex never had a QB, so its hard to say a coach with no real QB sucks. You can say Trestman sucks because Cutler is supposed to be decent, but who did Rex have?

burnsy
01-11-2015, 04:41 PM
Not even just QB, they (Jets) have crap for weapons. Geno might even be ok if they gave him help. The Jets have become bad at just about every position with the exception of the "D" line. No one blocks for the guy, they can't run, no one is breaking loose to get open and their secondary sucks. The Bills beat them twice as bad as a team can get beaten this year....Rex even probably looked over to the other side and said "I wish I had guys like them"..instead that owner gave him shit. If they get his friend to be offensive coordinator from the 49ers. This team will be light years better than what the Jets ever had for him. Even without a QB.

Robert Fischer
01-11-2015, 04:47 PM
Is he going to raise hell, clean house and build this team up to a contender?

Is this team going to be a team with heart, that nobody wants to play??

Or is this team going to simply make a profit, and provide the 'golden goose' New England Patriots with a sparring partner??

Stillriledup
01-11-2015, 04:49 PM
Is he going to raise hell, clean house and build this team up to a contender?

Is this team going to be a team with heart, that nobody wants to play??

Or is this team going to simply make a profit, and provide the 'golden goose' New England Patriots with a sparring partner??

The need to turn into the Raiders or the Flyers of the 1970s and play that style. no holds barred. Take your 15s and your fines and suspensions, but be the team nobody wants to play.

Robert Fischer
01-11-2015, 04:52 PM
The first coaching step in Buffalo is to be a man.

He has to do what he didn't do in NY - He has to go in to Buffalo, and say "the kid Manuel is NOT an NFL quarterback. He'll never be a NFL quarterback, he's my backup for now until i get a real backup, and we are bringing in an old journeyman if we have to at the starting position, and if you don't like it **** YOU I'd rather leave than have an incompetent QB define my coaching".

Robert Fischer
01-11-2015, 04:56 PM
Nobody wants to see a "solid defense" and a minor-leaguer like geno smith or mark sanchez, or ej manuel play the patriots 8 times a year.
(except New England fans and casual NFL fans)

we don't want to see that shit

qb is the most important position

get a real team and take some shots

Stillriledup
01-11-2015, 04:57 PM
The first coaching step in Buffalo is to be a man.

He has to do what he didn't do in NY - He has to go in to Buffalo, and say "the kid Manuel is NOT an NFL quarterback. He'll never be a NFL quarterback, he's my backup for now until i get a real backup, and we are bringing in an old journeyman if we have to at the starting position, and if you don't like it **** YOU I'd rather leave than have an incompetent QB define my coaching".

I'd post a video of the late stuart scott saying BOOYAH to your post, but i only get 2 a week so i gotta just PRETEND to post one.

BOOYAH! :D

Robert Fischer
01-11-2015, 05:00 PM
I'd post a video of the late stuart scott saying BOOYAH to your post, but i only get 2 a week so i gotta just PRETEND to post one.

BOOYAH! :D

have to stay under the 'video cap'

magwell
01-11-2015, 05:05 PM
Dan Marino was a proven loser too, doesn't mean he was bad at his jo b. I'm embarrassed for you with that statement :ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

Stillriledup
01-11-2015, 06:25 PM
I'm embarrassed for you with that statement :ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

WHADISAY?? :D

Stillriledup
01-11-2015, 06:27 PM
have to stay under the 'video cap'

Yes. Gotta have my capologist hat on at all times!

Robert Goren
01-12-2015, 02:51 AM
Agreed SRU, people forget how well he did at first and the Jets are like a bad soap opera. Rex never had a chance there. They always played hard with the crap he had to work with. Including their goofy ownership and management. The Bills have a solid defense, good running and fast, young receivers....with a QB they will be a good team. Plus, Denver and New England can't last forever and its not like either is unbeatable now. Marrone seemed wishy washy to me anyhow. This guy has a heart and the defense will probably be even tougher. If they buy into him they are going to do some good things in this league. The Jets are just a piss poor organization........they did Rex a favor with this deal...he probably can't wait. Look at the team he's getting.........look where he was. Its a QB league but people never realize you don't need the best QB either, you need the best team to make it anywhere. The QB's all the jokers rave about, rarely win the big one anyway. People were on here running Joe Flacco down.....funny he won two years ago. How many have Rodgers, Brady and Manning won lately? One player never cuts the mustard in football, that's how you win betting it. Its a team effort.It won't take Rex 6 years in Buffalo to wear out his welcome like it did with the jets. There is no QB that bills can get that is worth a darn. Half the league is hunting for even a decent QB that won't lose them games.

cj
01-12-2015, 03:02 PM
It won't take Rex 6 years in Buffalo to wear out his welcome like it did with the jets. There is no QB that bills can get that is worth a darn. Half the league is hunting for even a decent QB that won't lose them games.

Dude went to back to back AFC title games with Mark Sanchez. That has to count for something.

Stillriledup
01-12-2015, 04:48 PM
Dude went to back to back AFC title games with Mark Sanchez. That has to count for something.

I agree. There's really no proof that Rex isn't an elite coach who was just thrust into a bad situation and some bad luck and the like.

Stillriledup
01-12-2015, 04:52 PM

Lets go get it!! Come get some!!

_U4jOrcDh08

delayjf
01-12-2015, 04:57 PM
I don't know who's idea it was in the Jets organization to draft Sanchez - but it was a mistake.

Stillriledup
01-12-2015, 05:02 PM
I don't know who's idea it was in the Jets organization to draft Sanchez - but it was a mistake.

I don't agree. They tried to get a sanchize QB in the top 10, it was worth the shot, you dont know at the time how this stuff is going to pan out, didnt work as well as they had hoped, but if you need a QB and you have the 5th pick, do you just leave a QB sitting there and pick someone else? I would never criticize a team from trying to get lucky with a franchise QB.

Robert Fischer
01-12-2015, 05:16 PM
1. Drafting Sanchez was a horrible mistake - but 'mistakes happen'.

1a. Cut them some slack.

2. But then they re-signed Sanchez. That makes them a horrible incompetent thing that I can't finish this sentence

2a.No excuses and no slack for re-signing Sanchez.

3. And then they drafted Geno Smith, another horrible mistake.

That is a pattern. It's a repeated pattern of horrible incompetence.

cj
01-12-2015, 05:20 PM
1. Drafting Sanchez was a horrible mistake - but 'mistakes happen'.

1a. Cut them some slack.

2. But then they re-signed Sanchez. That makes them a horrible incompetent thing that I can't finish this sentence

2a.No excuses and no slack for re-signing Sanchez.

3. And then they drafted Geno Smith, another horrible mistake.

That is a pattern. It's a repeated pattern of horrible incompetence.

I would the majority of quarterbacks drafted are flops, even that high. It happens every year.

I read an article recently about how bad the NFL is at drafting QBs. The things they value (size, speed, Wunderlich, etc) just don't translate to actual play on the field. Neither does play in college for that matter, or the competition played against.

There is actually a good argument to be made that a lot of guys that could have been very good QBs were never even given a chance. We've seen examples of this, a guy like Kurt Warner was lucky to even get on the field.

Robert Fischer
01-12-2015, 05:35 PM
I would the majority of quarterbacks drafted are flops, even that high. It happens every year.

I read an article recently about how bad the NFL is at drafting QBs. The things they value (size, speed, Wunderlich, etc) just don't translate to actual play on the field. Neither does play in college for that matter, or the competition played against.

There is actually a good argument to be made that a lot of guys that could have been very good QBs were never even given a chance. We've seen examples of this, a guy like Kurt Warner was lucky to even get on the field.
Flops happen.

You can do an excellent job of scouting players who project to be efficient contributors in the NFL and totally strike out.

In some ways, drafting is like being a long-shot player in horse racing.
Picking long shots is hard! You can pick a good longshot for a good reason, and still lose.
There are good reasons to play a long shot and there are 'dumb' reasons.
It's not disney world. Not everybody is a winner. There are bad handicappers, and the Jets are clueless.

Because of teams like the JETS there is still enough inneficiency in the NFL that a really smart group of coaches can do the moneyball thing and draft players that 'undervalued' and find an edge that way.

Absolutely no excuse for extending Sanchez's contract.

Absolutely no excuse for drafting Geno Smith.

Just because those guys work for an NFL team and have a difficult job, doesn't let them off the hook and make them immune to criticism.
They are incompetent at what they do. Authority and Status doesn't protect them. Using the media and Rich Cimini or whoever to constantly tell us that Sanchez or Geno is "just about to turn the corner" or that they actually "have potential" doesn't make it so.

Rookies
01-12-2015, 06:53 PM
As a long suffering Bills fan, I like it! :ThmbUp:

Let's face it, Billy B and Chip Kelly weren't available, nor are the Harbaughs, Carroll and the Big Man in Packer land and they aren't digging up Lombardi.

This is probably the biggest name the Bills have landed since Chuck Knox. And Ryan is not one of the also ran stiffs and #67/125 Division 1 wannabes. The old man was a defensive genius and I like a strong willed, no nonsense speaking guy, who appears to actually have critical and non conservative :rolleyes: thinking skills and analytical abilities!

Make no mistake about it. The billionaire Owner has everything to do with it. Sign of the beginning of a new era.

rastajenk
01-12-2015, 07:52 PM
He's also a horse racing guy, so he's got that going for him.

Stillriledup
01-16-2015, 05:18 AM
Ryan full press conference in HD. Rex is fired up, he's ready to push some people around!

KY2jSAPD6DA

burnsy
01-17-2015, 10:26 AM
As a long suffering Bills fan, I like it! :ThmbUp:

Let's face it, Billy B and Chip Kelly weren't available, nor are the Harbaughs, Carroll and the Big Man in Packer land and they aren't digging up Lombardi.

This is probably the biggest name the Bills have landed since Chuck Knox. And Ryan is not one of the also ran stiffs and #67/125 Division 1 wannabes. The old man was a defensive genius and I like a strong willed, no nonsense speaking guy, who appears to actually have critical and non conservative :rolleyes: thinking skills and analytical abilities!

Make no mistake about it. The billionaire Owner has everything to do with it. Sign of the beginning of a new era.

Been right there with you with the suffering and I agree with you. Marrone was kind of morose anyway IMO. Rex can coach and the Bills are giving him what he wants. Greg Roman will be the offensive coordinator and he is good. Part of the Harbaugh clan. Probably the first one Rex wanted and the 49ers are out to lunch with their decisions too. The Jets are a circus and the 49ers appear to be going that way. We have been suffering but these coaches know the Bills finally have players. Rex blows a lot of hot air, but that's perfect for Buffalo, I think the owner wants it. That gets the Bills face time as part of the Rex "deal". The Jets didn't want him to talk in NYC but Buffalo will eat it up if the Bills win games. That's the part Rex is most right about....this is probably the last chance for him as head coach, he's getting control and it will be his ship....sink or swim. I think he realizes his butt is on the line. If they can get someone capable at QB there's no excuses for losing. The team has not been this good for 15 to 20 years. Its got to be at least playoffs or bust, even a wild card which if you look around the league is not that hard to do. LETS GO BUFFALO.....EEHHHHHYO

Robert Fischer
01-17-2015, 03:48 PM
Been right there with you with the suffering and I agree with you. Marrone was kind of morose anyway IMO. Rex can coach and the Bills are giving him what he wants. Greg Roman will be the offensive coordinator and he is good. Part of the Harbaugh clan. Probably the first one Rex wanted and the 49ers are out to lunch with their decisions too. The Jets are a circus and the 49ers appear to be going that way. We have been suffering but these coaches know the Bills finally have players. Rex blows a lot of hot air, but that's perfect for Buffalo, I think the owner wants it. That gets the Bills face time as part of the Rex "deal". The Jets didn't want him to talk in NYC but Buffalo will eat it up if the Bills win games. That's the part Rex is most right about....this is probably the last chance for him as head coach, he's getting control and it will be his ship....sink or swim. I think he realizes his butt is on the line. If they can get someone capable at QB there's no excuses for losing. The team has not been this good for 15 to 20 years. Its got to be at least playoffs or bust, even a wild card which if you look around the league is not that hard to do. LETS GO BUFFALO.....EEHHHHHYO

Wow I didn't know they have Roman too.
He's pretty good, and I think there were a number of teams that wanted him.

Good sign for the Bills.

burnsy
01-18-2015, 10:40 AM
Wow I didn't know they have Roman too.
He's pretty good, and I think there were a number of teams that wanted him.

Good sign for the Bills.

Rex has worked with him before and they are friends. These guys mean business and I think they believe in these players. The Bills finally went out and got some guys. Roman probably could not get out of San Fran fast enough with what's going on there. Plus, you are right he could of gone to many other places other than Buffalo. At least we may have put the 3-13 years behind us.........

Stillriledup
03-03-2015, 07:28 PM
Add LeSean MCcoy to the Bills roster. (trade for LB Kiko Alonso)

Relwob Owner
03-03-2015, 07:41 PM
Add LeSean MCcoy to the Bills roster. (trade for LB Kiko Alonso)

Chip Kelly is no joke. I see him moving the move up to 5 or 6 in the draft to get Mariota

reckless
03-10-2015, 08:43 AM
Chip Kelly is no joke. I see him moving the move up to 5 or 6 in the draft to get Mariota

I think the NY Jets have the sixth picked in the draft. Let me know otherwise.

Now, if the Jets do have the 6th round pick, then just maybe the Eagles ship Nick Foles to NY for that spot in the draft.

Jets get a much better QB in Foles than they have now with Geno Smith.

Eagles and Chip Kelly get Mariotta whom Kelly recruited at Oregon.

Eagles already have a decent QB and a very good team player in Mark Sanchez, who will help, mentor and teach Mariotta the pro game.

Sanchez' presence and experience will take some pressure off both Kelly and Mariotta. Butt fumble aside, Sanchez is much better than most QBs in the league. Don't kid yourself. With the right players around him, as he had those first two years in NY, he'll win for you now while Mariotta sits and learns.

But, if Mariotta is truly the stud phenom that's expected of him and wins the No. 1 spot, then the Eagles still have a great backup QB in Sanchez.

Simple. Everyone wins. :)

Relwob Owner
03-10-2015, 10:05 AM
I think the NY Jets have the sixth picked in the draft. Let me know otherwise.

Now, if the Jets do have the 6th round pick, then just maybe the Eagles ship Nick Foles to NY for that spot in the draft.

Jets get a much better QB in Foles than they have now with Geno Smith.

Eagles and Chip Kelly get Mariotta whom Kelly recruited at Oregon.

Eagles already have a decent QB and a very good team player in Mark Sanchez, who will help, mentor and teach Mariotta the pro game.

Sanchez' presence and experience will take some pressure off both Kelly and Mariotta. Butt fumble aside, Sanchez is much better than most QBs in the league. Don't kid yourself. With the right players around him, as he had those first two years in NY, he'll win for you now while Mariotta sits and learns.

But, if Mariotta is truly the stud phenom that's expected of him and wins the No. 1 spot, then the Eagles still have a great backup QB in Sanchez.

Simple. Everyone wins. :)

The Eagles are going to have to give up a ton more than Foles, I think, probably a first and a second in this draft and next year's draft as well and I would say there is a good chance they will do it.

tucker6
03-10-2015, 10:49 AM
The Eagles are going to have to give up a ton more than Foles, I think, probably a first and a second in this draft and next year's draft as well and I would say there is a good chance they will do it.
I don't see that as the case. Foles is a known quantity at a good price. The Jets are unlikely to get better at the same risk through the draft. A heads-up deal has more risk to the Eagles than it does the Jets. I'd laugh if the Jets told me they wanted two 1's and two 2's plus Foles for the rights to an unproven college qb. Just typing that sentence sounds ridiculous.

tucker6
03-10-2015, 05:25 PM
Looks like the Eagles may deal Foles to the Rams for Bradford. I hope the Eagles plan on getting high draft picks in this deal because Bradford sucks. Really don't understand why Kelly doesn't want Foles. Probably 18-20 coaches would like him on their team. The Eagles could DEFINITELY do worse than him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12456228/sam-bradford-st-louis-rams-traded-philadelphia-eagles-nick-foles

Relwob Owner
03-10-2015, 05:57 PM
I don't see that as the case. Foles is a known quantity at a good price. The Jets are unlikely to get better at the same risk through the draft. A heads-up deal has more risk to the Eagles than it does the Jets. I'd laugh if the Jets told me they wanted two 1's and two 2's plus Foles for the rights to an unproven college qb. Just typing that sentence sounds ridiculous.

When the rumors were swirling(which are probably dead now,after getting Bradford) the price I read the most to move up was two first and second this year and first and second next year but also didn't have Foles mentioned as part of it much. Based on history, seems like moving up into a high pick like this is usually costs more that ends up being logical. Not sure how relaible this source is but heard that price on other football shows as well. See one of the articles about it below from February:

http://philadelphia.suntimes.com/phi-sports/philadelphia-eagles/7/96/78622/report-eagles-trade-four-draft-picks-jets-mariota/

Relwob Owner
03-10-2015, 06:01 PM
Looks like the Eagles may deal Foles to the Rams for Bradford. I hope the Eagles plan on getting high draft picks in this deal because Bradford sucks. Really don't understand why Kelly doesn't want Foles. Probably 18-20 coaches would like him on their team. The Eagles could DEFINITELY do worse than him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12456228/sam-bradford-st-louis-rams-traded-philadelphia-eagles-nick-foles

Foles had a great year and came down to earth last year quite a bit and I think many may attribute his success to the system. I don't think picks were in the deal. I would think that if 18-20 coaches would like to have had him on their team, the Eagles would have gotten more than just Bradford, who I agree isn't that good and has a huge salary.

burnsy
03-10-2015, 06:05 PM

To you it sounds like a joke but the lower teams have the Eagles by the balls if they want Mariota. The Jags are looking at him and the Titans are giving him a "private workout" sitting at #2. The Jets might not have a sniff at this point. The Jags most likely will try to see what they can get but I think the Titans may really want him. This hype about Chip Kelly being "great" has not been proven in the pros. The Eagles defense has sucked ass when it counts. Seattle went into Philly and abused them....so did Dallas. If he wins with the moves they are making, more power to him. But this ain't college and you need players, which means talent. The "system" will only take you so far in the pros. Philly is a good team but I can't see them beating Seattle, Green Bay or Dallas and they just bargained away some key talent. If I were an Eagles fan, I'd be worried this could go sour quickly and I don't think they'll get Mariota without giving in big time. This is not college recruiting like this coach is used to, right now, they have his nuts in a vice if he wants his "golden boy". Plus, who knows if this kid will be any good? I think both of these QB's could be "average" in the pros, with QB's you never know until they play big league. One guy is a known "head case" and the other guy is used to a college system.

Relwob Owner
03-10-2015, 07:15 PM

Turns out the Eagles were the ones who gave up picks. a 2015 fourth and a 2016 conditional second, I believe.

Relwob Owner
03-10-2015, 07:36 PM
Turns out the Eagles were the ones who gave up picks. a 2015 fourth and a 2016 conditional second, I believe.

This is the article I read. I have read conflicting accounts of the draft picks and it is a bit confusing.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5161/sam-bradford

tucker6
03-10-2015, 07:39 PM
That's just, I don't know what to say. if you were picking a team, and Foles and Bradford were your only two choices, who ya got?

Relwob Owner
03-10-2015, 08:37 PM
That's just, I don't know what to say. if you were picking a team, and Foles and Bradford were your only two choices, who ya got?

I just read and I think the Eagles gave up a 4th in 2015 and a second in 2015....the Rams gave up a late rounder and one depending on how many games Bradford plays. I echo you're not knowing what to say....

I have never understood why anyone likes Bradford, who got every chance and never did much before getting hurt. Plus, Bradford counts 13M against the cap next year and Foles 1.52M. Foles was in that rare position of being a guy you have who actually has to earn his next contract before really getting paid and you can count on getting everything from him. Bradford has already made his money.

Foles for Bradford straight up is extremely debatable and then the Eagles throw in Picks? wow

tucker6
03-10-2015, 08:46 PM
I just read and I think the Eagles gave up a 4th in 2015 and a second in 2015....the Rams gave up a late rounder and one depending on how many games Bradford plays. I echo you're not knowing what to say....

I have never understood why anyone likes Bradford, who got every chance and never did much before getting hurt. Plus, Bradford counts 13M against the cap next year and Foles 1.52M. Foles was in that rare position of being a guy you have who actually has to earn his next contract before really getting paid and you can count on getting everything from him. Bradford has already made his money.

Foles for Bradford straight up is extremely debatable and then the Eagles throw in Picks? wow
My take is that people who are paid extremely well are clueless. My eyes tell me everything I need to know when comparing the two. This trade will set Philly back five years.

Relwob Owner
03-10-2015, 08:58 PM
My take is that people who are paid extremely well are clueless. My eyes tell me everything I need to know when comparing the two. This trade will set Philly back five years.

Funny, I totally agree. I think in football and basketball especially, most knowledgable fans(given a little bit of cap knowledge) can probably do just as well or better as the "experts" hired to do the jobs. Kelly wanted full control and now he has it and has definitely given us stuff to talk about.

I did like the Mccoy deal, mainly because I love that linebacker(if healthy) and it let them save money getting rid of Cole. However, they currently have no proven running back, nothing resembling a number one wideout, and a QB coming off an ACL tear who is making 13 million a year.

Relwob Owner
03-10-2015, 09:04 PM
To you it sounds like a joke but the lower teams have the Eagles by the balls if they want Mariota. The Jags are looking at him and the Titans are giving him a "private workout" sitting at #2. The Jets might not have a sniff at this point. The Jags most likely will try to see what they can get but I think the Titans may really want him. This hype about Chip Kelly being "great" has not been proven in the pros. The Eagles defense has sucked ass when it counts. Seattle went into Philly and abused them....so did Dallas. If he wins with the moves they are making, more power to him. But this ain't college and you need players, which means talent. The "system" will only take you so far in the pros. Philly is a good team but I can't see them beating Seattle, Green Bay or Dallas and they just bargained away some key talent. If I were an Eagles fan, I'd be worried this could go sour quickly and I don't think they'll get Mariota without giving in big time. This is not college recruiting like this coach is used to, right now, they have his nuts in a vice if he wants his "golden boy". Plus, who knows if this kid will be any good? I think both of these QB's could be "average" in the pros, with QB's you never know until they play big league. One guy is a known "head case" and the other guy is used to a college system.

I dont think there is any way the Jags would ever take him after taking Blake B last year. The Titans have so many holes that word is they don't want him and are willing to see what Zack M has to offer(which I dont think is much). The Raiders have Carr and the Skins dont seem interested for some reason so good chance MM does slip to 6.

That being said, I totally agree with your assessment of the QB's especially Winston. Like you said he is a head case. What I dont get is everyone raves about how great he is on the field but he actually regressed significantly stats wise last season, which is scary as hell to me if I am drafting him sty number one.

burnsy
03-11-2015, 07:28 AM
The Titans have squat at QB. I wouldn't count the Redskins out either. Here's the thing, when other teams sense that a team is "desperate"...they may grab him whether they want him or not. That's how you put people on the weak end of a deal. Plus, I agree with you, anyone that's followed the league has seen many a QB like Winston crash in the pros, Bradford comes to mind immediately and some how Philly wanted him. Mariota does not get the hype but he may be a better QB. This crap is a roll of the dice, that's why they try to get leverage against each other. Two of the best QB's in this league are guys that no one really wanted, yet, they were in the SB this year........Tom Brady and Russell Wilson. Somehow the Seahawks got Jimmy Graham yesterday......Philly is making moves that will never beat the Seahawks. Plus, the word is out whether its true or not that they want Mariota even though he is unproven. Someone will put the pressure on to reach into their pocket. Even if its not the Jets. No matter how its sliced, who they deal with, Philly will pay through the nose for this guy........and they won't be laughing about it, the other side will be. And from looking at what they have been doing...the Rams and Bills are probably already laughing AT THEM. YOU (Tucker 6) would laugh at the Jets requests but I guarantee if the Eagles really want this guy....it won't be them laughing.

tucker6
03-11-2015, 08:06 AM
YOU (Tucker 6) would laugh at the Jets requests but I guarantee if the Eagles really want this guy....it won't be them laughing.
I think you misunderstand me. I wouldn't laugh at the Jets for asking. I'd be laughing at the Eagles for paying. Kelly is mortgaging the future for an unknown at the pro level. There is really no risk for Kelly. If Mariota works out, he's the next genius. If it doesn't work out, he goes back to college where he'll be a highly paid, known quantity. The only risk here is on the Eagles.

burnsy
09-13-2015, 05:30 PM
yeah baby!

Tom
09-14-2015, 12:10 PM
I've already heard from three people this morning that we are going to the Super Bowl!

In two weeks, they will putting up the safety nets around the Peace Bridge.

burnsy
09-14-2015, 12:40 PM
I've already heard from three people this morning that we are going to the Super Bowl!

In two weeks, they will putting up the safety nets around the Peace Bridge.

I'm a complete homer Tom. I rarely ever bet them but I think they'll be good this year. One of Burnsys rules is to avoid your favorite team to make money. Hell, I'll be happy with a playoff appearance. Your so right, their fans are nuts, its one thing that made me like them going out there. After all this time they deserve a decent team and think they finally have one. Next week will tell a lot. And the week after that. New England then Miami. If they some how keep rolling through the first 3 weeks against some of the best AFC teams......they will be for real. Even if they come out 2-1, I think they will be going places. Maybe not a Super Bowl but they could win 10 or 11 games this year. If that defense holds, with some running, the soft teams like Indy, Pittsburgh and the other AFC teams that can't play "D" will crumble. They actually have the look of an NFC team, like, shall I dare say the Seattle Seahawks. This week will be the barometer, if Brady's on the menu and running for his life like Luck was....the Bills will at least be "in the hunt" this year and I think it could happen. It will be the Bills defense determining how far they actually go because they do get after people and smother the run. This team was built for Rex, he's got no excuses for failure in Buffalo and I think he's knows it too. That was a beating they put on some of the medias favorite "boy" yesterday. Mr. no-Luck, dome team and they weren't even here in December. What's the excuse?