PDA

View Full Version : Dick LeBeau leaves the Steelers

PhantomOnTour
01-10-2015, 10:17 PM
Truly the end of an era. He and the Steelers parted ways...can't believe he will coach anywhere else.
Man has been in pro football for over 50yrs as a coach and player.

A great defensive mind - he will be sorely missed by all Steelers fans

JustRalph
01-11-2015, 12:06 AM
Dumbest move the Steelers have made in years

PhantomOnTour
01-11-2015, 12:13 AM
Dumbest move the Steelers have made in years
The article I read says LeBeau resigned.

RXB
01-11-2015, 12:39 AM
The article I read says LeBeau resigned.

From the article:

A source close to LeBeau told ESPN.com that LeBeau is "OK" with leaving the Steelers and "ready for what happens next" but that he wanted to return in 2015.

A lot of "resignations" aren't really resignations.

Robert Fischer
01-11-2015, 01:02 AM
He did a great job with the Steelers.

He's no longer providing a unique edge, and the Steelers are mediocre at pass-defense.

The Steelers have an opportunity to improve by finding an elite pass-defense coach, and LeBeau has an opportunity to renew his fire and desire.

tucker6
01-11-2015, 06:40 AM
He did a great job with the Steelers.

He's no longer providing a unique edge, and the Steelers are mediocre at pass-defense.

The Steelers have an opportunity to improve by finding an elite pass-defense coach, and LeBeau has an opportunity to renew his fire and desire.
I'm a big Steeler fan, but am okay with his leaving. I respect him more than any other DC, but his time has come. While the front office hurt the defense and LeBeau by not drafting as well as they should, I also sensed that LeBeau was slowing down too. It wasn't innovative any longer, and LeBeau played favorites on defense, like Polamalu. Polamalu was washed up a year ago, and LeBeau's personal pleas brought Troy back for another dismal year. In the end, that hurt him in the eyes of the front office imo. He was acting as a grandfather and not a coach.

ldiatone
01-11-2015, 10:44 AM
Keith Butler lb coach should get the job as def coach.