PDA

View Full Version : home field, court, ice advantage.

gillenr
01-09-2015, 05:15 PM
Why is it so small for baseball vs other sports? You would think last at bat is so important. I don't have the stats but saw them a couple years ago & was surprised.
Thanks.

Stillriledup
01-09-2015, 05:17 PM
Its non existent in the NHL. College BB is probably where it means the most, it matters some in the NBA, means zero in the NHL and i don't think it means much in the NFL, but i could be wrong.

In fact, in the NHL, being at home might be a disadvantage in some situations, some teams are more relaxed on the road, they're not shooting on the power play because the entire crowd yells SHOOOOT. When LA Kings won their first cup a few years ago they won all their road games in the playoffs, or maybe only lost 1, but won all the others.

MutuelClerk
01-09-2015, 05:38 PM
Any college sport it matters. Emotions, kids. Be it positive or negative. Agree that of the pro sports I think it matters least in the NHL.

cj
01-09-2015, 06:40 PM
Home court is usually good in the NBA but mostly because of schedules, not necessarily the crowd.

notoutofpounds
01-09-2015, 07:53 PM
:2: :4: NHL Teams have better records at home currently.

:6: NHL Teams have worse records at home currently.

There is a home ice advantage.

Stillriledup
01-09-2015, 07:57 PM
:2: :4: NHL Teams have better records at home currently.

:6: NHL Teams have worse records at home currently.

There is a home ice advantage.

In the long run, the home teams win more than they lose, but to my eye, in any one specific individual game, there's no real advantage to being at home. I know some will say home teams get last change and bench positioning advantages, but as far as crowd noise rattling the visitors, doesn't happen.