PDA

View Full Version : twinspires.com

bugboy
01-09-2015, 12:24 PM
hi guys,
thinking of going to twinspires for my betting.
can I get some feedback on this site. Are you happy with them, any kind of problems? Also If anyone has a better site to bet threw.
I'd appreciate any feedback.

As always

thanks for your help

Frank

Flysofree
01-09-2015, 07:20 PM
I would give them a vote of confidence.

BettinBilly
01-09-2015, 07:50 PM
Frank:

I've commented on this here before. I should have started a thread posting my comments. There is one I started about MOBILE ADW wagering where I compare wagering on a smart phone or tablet or Blackberry.

To your question, I use all three of the big three. TVG, Twinspires and ExpressBet. I like all three of them. But for different reasons.

TVG has a decent interface, is easy to use, renders video well, and has free TimeForm US Capping as long as you bet the race(s) that you are getting the PP's for. They are reliable and easy to read. Their Odds update quickly and reliably, and it's easy to navigate through exotic wagers. The downside is they limit you to 10 hours a month of live streaming from track video feeds. You can buy more, and you get more when you wager. I am not one to just stream incessantly since I have HRTV, but just an FYI for you. I happen to like TimeforUS Handicapping very much, so I do a lot of business with TVG so I can get free Timeform PP's.

EXPRESSBET is very good as well. They make it easy to customize your interface the way YOU want to see it. I see this customization ability as their strength overall. They are reliable, but their Odds seem a little slow to Update on occasion. Just a little. Nothing to be alarmed at. They have very good video feeds, and no issues on betting, however, their mobile site can be tricky and confusing when you bet. They have free Equibase. Their Customer Service has been stellar for me. VERY friendly, and helpful. ODDLY, they required me to copy and FAX them my Drivers License before they would open my account. ??? Only ADW to do this. This ADW is the only ADW to offer a BLACKBERRY APP for mobile wagering. If you carry a Blackberry for business or personal, that is important as a BlackBerry has too small a screen for normal ADW wagering to be viewed, so you need an APP, and the only one available is via ExpressBet. But their standard mobile websites for Android or iPhone can be very confusing and I would not recommend them as much as Twinspires or TVG when it comes to MOBILE wagering on your Smartphone or Tablet. Laptop or Desktop computer? Great platform. No issues.

TWINSPIRES (your query) is very good. They have the most friendly user interface. You have your choice of THREE wagering platforms that can render on your screen. The easiest is Twinspires TV Wagering. It renders like a little TV Screen and makes everything very simple to wager. There are two other interfaces you can choose as you get more proficient or if you need more information to decide on wagering. They have decent unlimited streaming, and
they render very well on smartphones and tablets. Their free PP's are from Brisnet. Overall, I don't think you will be disappointed with TwinSpires. They are a solid ADW and have been very reliable. It's easy to construct Exotics, and I see little delay on updating Odds nor do I have an issue with last minute wagering. It always seems to go through right up to the very last minute. If you are happy with Brisnet PP's and like easy interfacing and good mobile rendering, then TwinSpires will probably work for you. It's a solid ADW.

Over the years, the big ADW's have all become a little more consistent and similar. What sets them apart is accuracy and interface. I've outlined this above.

If you have any further questions, feel free to PM me or ask here.

-Billy

tanner12oz
01-09-2015, 07:58 PM
No issues with them...the contests are all great. The rebates suck but they do off alot of 10x-20x points events which make the rebates much better. Have never had issues with payouts or deposits. Did have to get special clearance to send through more the 1k which I thought was silly. Free pp's if u make a bet on a race is great. Interface works well, phone operators are good. Carryover info can be bogus at times on there main page which is corrupt. Offer every kinda track in the country and Australia and happy valley. Any complaints I have are minor.

arw629
01-09-2015, 08:11 PM
I'm not positive but I think expressbet offers free equibase pps....what it boils down to is do you prefer equibase, brisnet, or timeform pps? I also like the profit line that twinspires provides....The profit line gave me added confidence to eliminate vulnerable favorites in pick 3s and 4s....I also found the profit line to be very helpful betting quarter horse races

BettinBilly
01-09-2015, 08:19 PM
I've also done very well with TwinSpires Player Pools. There are usually decent cappers managing the pools. I went all in on the Derby Pool that Beychock was a part of. He and the other Cappers did very well with the pool funds and we got a very nice return on our pool money.

TVG has run some decent "Guaranteed Odds" specials. I jumped on the Chrome 4:1 guarantee on the Derby. That paid off for me very nicely.

I don't recall ExpressBet running any Pools or Guaranteed Odds specials, but I may have missed them if they did. They do have other specials that are good for the members.

Again, each has their own strengths and weaknesses. But they are all decent.

BettinBilly
01-09-2015, 08:22 PM
I'm not positive but I think expressbet offers free equibase pps....what it boils down to is do you prefer equibase, brisnet, or timeform pps? I also like the profit line that twinspires provides....The profit line gave me added confidence to eliminate vulnerable favorites in pick 3s and 4s....I also found the profit line to be very helpful betting quarter horse races

ExpressBet does offer free Equibase PP's.

I can use Brisnet, or Equibase, but I personally prefer TimeformUS, so I usually go via TVG. But as I outlined above, TwinSpires is a tip flight ADW. The OP will have no issues with them IMO. They are solid. As long as he likes Brisnet, he's fine.

bugboy
01-09-2015, 08:48 PM
Thank you guys for your useful comments. I knew I could count on the folks here. thanks again.

Frank

LAP_520
01-10-2015, 07:35 AM
Since mid December 2014 the Twinspires site has had an issue in the Classic view with going from the Tool tab -[ Horse Profit Line Rankings 1,2,3,4,5 ] over to the wager site. I have called them, as probably a lot of other users have... all they tell you is the programers are working on the problem......

You are able to place a bet thru the Wager tab ( not recommended by me ) or thru the Program tab.

BIG advantage with Twinspires is FREE PP's on any track that you made a wager to. If no bet at the track, then there is a charge.

Good Luck.
LAP

Robert Goren
01-10-2015, 08:34 AM
Since mid December 2014 the Twinspires site has had an issue in the Classic view with going from the Tool tab -[ Horse Profit Line Rankings 1,2,3,4,5 ] over to the wager site. I have called them, as probably a lot of other users have... all they tell you is the programers are working on the problem......

You are able to place a bet thru the Wager tab ( not recommended by me ) or thru the Program tab.

BIG advantage with Twinspires is FREE PP's on any track that you made a wager to. If no bet at the track, then there is a charge.

Good Luck.
LAPIt boils down to how large you are. If you are large bettor and want large rebates, then look elsewhere. If you are a small bettor like me and PPs reflect good cost of your wagering then one of the free PP site is for you.

098poi
01-10-2015, 09:17 AM
I like Twinspires. I use the Express and Pro option because the look simulates what Youbet was and I am familiar with it. Never have an issue depositing money. I don't need to worry about withdrawals.

Flysofree
01-10-2015, 02:28 PM
What about the Daily Racing Form Wagering Website? What are the perks there.. Do you have to be a New York resident? Do you get free PP's on races if you wager on them like at Twinspires?
Any info is helpful.

BettinBilly
01-10-2015, 11:06 PM
Fly:

DRF Bets is powered by ExpressBet. No, you don't have to be a NYS Resident to open an account. You just have to be in an ADW legal state.

I don't know about the perks as I do not wager through DRF, but you can peruse the website and see for yourself. My review of ExpressBet is above, and I imagine that DRFBets being powered by ExpressBet is not too far removed.

The website is touting Free Classic PP's and Formulator Rewards.

HUSKER55
01-11-2015, 07:17 AM
don't you have to pay for the pp's if you use drf?

Robert Goren
01-11-2015, 08:41 AM
don't you have to pay for the pp's if you use drf? Yes, DRF is not free on Expressbet. But they do have some watered down PPs for free there. On Twinspires, You can get the best PPs that BRIS offers in a PDF format. If you could get a free real DRF, then the choice would be harder for me. The Classic free PPs remind me of PPs from the 1970s.

green80
01-12-2015, 09:45 PM
hi guys,
thinking of going to twinspires for my betting.
can I get some feedback on this site. Are you happy with them, any kind of problems? Also If anyone has a better site to bet threw.
I'd appreciate any feedback.

As always

thanks for your help

Frank

Twinspires is a good site but there a several sites that give you a good rebate on you wagers and twinspires does not. Depending on how much you wager these rebates add up over a period of time. Some offer rebates even if you are a two dollar bettor. I can't understand anyone betting online if they are not getting a rebate.

Flysofree
01-12-2015, 11:48 PM
Twinspires is a good site but there a several sites that give you a good rebate on you wagers and twinspires does not. Depending on how much you wager these rebates add up over a period of time. Some offer rebates even if you are a two dollar bettor. I can't understand anyone betting online if they are not getting a rebate.

Twinspires has a rebate, but very tiny.

green80
01-13-2015, 12:12 AM
there are some places you can get 6% on WPS, 9% on exactas and 14% on tri's, depending on the track you bet. Even for a small bettor.

Flysofree
01-13-2015, 12:17 AM
there are some places you can get 6% on WPS, 9% on exactas and 14% on tri's, depending on the track you bet. Even for a small bettor.

Can you share?

pacer
01-13-2015, 08:22 AM
ExpressBet does offer free Equibase PP's.

I can use Brisnet, or Equibase, but I personally prefer TimeformUS, so I usually go via TVG. But as I outlined above, TwinSpires is a tip flight ADW. The OP will have no issues with them IMO. They are solid. As long as he likes Brisnet, he's fine.

Expressbet offers fre Daily racing form programs with $2 bet per track

duncan04
01-13-2015, 09:53 AM
Expressbet offers fre Daily racing form programs with $2 bet per track

It's the Daily racing program by DRF and not the actual DRF to clarify. Not a fan of the format of that :ThmbDown:

NorCalGreg
01-30-2015, 09:44 PM
I hear you, Duncan. That DRF "Program" is pretty useless to all but the recreational 'capper. I went to Twinspires and was amazed that those expensive Ultimate PP's, in any flavor ya like (complete, condensed, summary,etc)...were all free for the taking. Just wager whatever you were gonna bet anyway.
The "Insider Picks and Power Plays", and Profit Line is also Free.