PDA

View Full Version : Monticello: Tuesday. January 6

Teach
01-06-2015, 10:27 AM
Race One:

#7 Sir Corbran Z Tam will need to clear from his outside starting post. If anyone at Monticello can get the job done, Bruce Aldrich would be "The Man". There isn’t too much speed inside of him so he has a decent chance of reaching the top. Then, it's ration out this horse's speed. Others who figure are: #3 Tymal Dialed In; #4 Price of Pleasure; #1 Early Storm.

Race Two:

In this trot, I’m looking “outside” for contenders. I’ve landed on Larry Stalbaum’s charge, #7 Ellen’s Streak. She appears to have the best times of the bunch. Stalbaum will need to overcome the outside starting slot, but this mare has the speed to do just that. Others to consider are: #6 Johansson; #8 Catman Dude; and #5 Larissa.

Race Three:

#3 Must Be The Bunny gets my tepid nod in this tough, wide-open race. This aged gelding won his last race convincingly from the outside starting post against relatively similar company. Greg Merton is a capable reinsman; he should have this horse out and going. Also: #5 Minnesota Hanover; # 4 Dragon Ridge; #1 Myra’s Hiho.

Race Four:

#4 Kid PK looks like the class here. Speedy sort who can get the job done with proper handling. Also: #1 Critical Acclaim; #7 Dreamluck; #2 Reflection of Blue.

Race Five:

#7 Dashpedia is capable of winning from his outside post. Billy Dobson is a top-notch driver who regularly campaigns quite well at Saratoga. He can get the job done. Others: #1 Fast Heat; #4 Semaj Sam; #5 KB’s Bad Boy.

Race Six:

#8 Touch Her Muscles will need to break alertly from her outside starting spot; yet if Bruch Aldrich can clear with this Muscles Yankee-bred mare and ration out her speed, she can come home a winner. Others: #3 KJ Brenda; #1 Repeated In Red; #4 Chocolate Xplosion.

Race Seven:

It looks “inside” to me. But which horse? I’m leaning toward #2 Majo Just Do It. This well-travelled 9-year-old gelding has turned in some speedy times. Certainly capable of prevailing here. Also: #3 Fox Valley Tyrese; #1 Print It; #4 Wynsum Magic.

Race Eight:

In this six-horse field, I like #2 MC Dragon. He looks like the class. He’s had two recent outside starting posts; he now draws inside. Also: #4 Talldarknhandsome; #3 Mr Tommy Fra; #1 Spencer B.

Race Nine:

I’m taking a shot with the “outside” horse, #8 Where’s Waldo. If Larry Stalbaum can find a reasonable tuck, this gelding should become a factor. Much will depend on how easily and quickly Stalbaum finds a spot. Others: #1 Bo’s So Hot; #3 Attack The Land; #5 Mountain Rock.

Race Ten:

#6 Native Art gets my nod here. Coming off a stellar win at Philadelphia. One caveat: Has been off a few weeks. If reasonably ready and with proper handling, can prevail. Others: #1 Time Stood Still; #5 Viper Hanover; #3 Cheyenne Oxe.

Race Eleven:

#1 Bettors Curse draws the rail and has the class to prevail. Billy Dobson’s a most capable reinsman: Others: #2 Natural Habitat; #5 Gone Baby Gone; #8 Story Book.

Race Twelve:

#1 The Dragon draws inside and is capable of taking it all. Didn’t react well to the slop in his last. Can get the job done here. Also: #2 May Day Jo Jo; #4 Amped Up; #6 Bazillion.

The Inside Scoop
01-06-2015, 04:48 PM
Good job of handicapping the card. Well done:ThmbUp: