PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct: January 1, 2015

Teach
01-01-2015, 11:43 AM
Buon Capodanno!

Race One:

:5: Gabby's Brown is my pick in this maiden-claiming sprint. The two-panel "turn-back" should help. Dropping like "Love On An Elevator". What can "Big Brown" do for you? The filly's donning blinkers. Add to the mix: Irad Ortiz, Jr. and trainer Rudy Rodriguez. Rodriguez is a 25% trainer with maiden claimers. Also: :1: Your Turn; :2: Coral Beach; :7: Westside Tapstress

Race Two:

Looking for a little value with :6: She's Marvy in this optional claiming sprint. This filly just missed in last; can be right there again. Should be on or near the engine. Steve Klesaris is a solid, veteran trainer.
Also: :5: Noon Sermon; 3 Slam Chowder; :7: Breach of Duty;

Race Three:

In the Affectionately Stakes I like :7: Belle Gallantey. The chestnut mare was overmatched in the Breeders Cup Distaff; however, in this field with this company she looks like a solid choice. Has been away from the races for a couple months, yet trainer Rudy Rodriguez is good with horses off a layoff. Irad Ortiz, Jr. in the irons. Also: :4: America; :2: / :2b: Penwith/Divided Attention; :3: Shayjolie.

Race Four

In this maiden-claiming state-bred sprint my pick is :3: Awesome Lute. Second in last against similar with room for improvement. Third start off a layoff. Jose Ortiz in the irons for Richard Schosberg. Also: :7: Bob and Jim; :2: Sounds of Saratoga; :8: Luv Dakota Skye

Race Five:

In this optional claiming route, I'm trying to nail a longshot :10: Rock Me Mama. Admittedly, a reach, but... Jockey switch to Manny Franco helps. Yes, trainer Richard Metivier needs to "get off the shneid". Yet this Unbridled-bred filly does fit. If she runs back to what she's capable of...Well, as Artie Johnson used to say on Rowan & Martin's "Laugh In": "Verrry Interesting!" Also: :7: Wavell Avenue; :5: Bounty Pink; :3: Ginny's Grey.

Race Six:

In this claiming sprint, I'm going with :9: Mama Zee. This Silver Deputy-bred mare is a very consistent sort. She has the services of Irad Ortiz, Jr. for trainer Rudy Rodriguez. The mare should be out and winging; yet she's crisped a lot of toast as the chalk in her last two. If you're looking for a return, you might look elsewhere. Also: :7: First Sensation; :1: Concealed :6: Bridget Maloney;

Race Seven:

In this allowance route I'm going with :5: Mambo At the Gym. Won her last convincingly as she switched from turf to dirt. Is capable of coming right back despite the class hike. Fernando Jara for Michael Wilson. Also: :3: Van Fraassen; :10: Sean and Matt; :6: Peaceful Talk.

Race Eight:

In this optional claiming sprint for NY state-breds, I'm going outside with a longshot, :12: Pennymine.. This A.P. Indy-bred mare has a good lifetime sprint record. She turns back here a couple panels; that just might make her "a player". Junior Alvarado for Richard Schosberg. Also: :4: La Bella Valeria; :6: Henry's Gal; :8: Spinit to Winit.

Race Nine:

In the finale, a maiden-special route, I like :5: Broken Border. Switches from turf to dirt and stretches out. That could be a prescription for a trip to the winner's circle. Irad Ortiz, Jr. for Jason Servis. Others: :2: Stolen Victory; :7: Jules N Rome; :9: Whodattcat.

lamboguy
01-01-2015, 11:47 AM
in the 9th race i went 2-4-7. even though J. Servis is good at the turf to dirt, i hate that move so this is a bet against the high percentage move.

Teach
01-01-2015, 12:22 PM
I like the 5 Gabby's Brown a lot off the post parade look.

Teach

lamboguy
01-01-2015, 04:26 PM
caught a small exacta paying
$18. the third horse did come out of the same race and was not that tough to find.

Alwaysonpoint36
01-01-2015, 05:45 PM
i had the 12 in r8 (great call), wish i wouldve saw you had the 6 in the 7th. knocked me out of 3 pick 3's (rolling) and the late pick 4.

i hope you keep the awesome insight going!