PDA

View Full Version : Nothing about Scalise?

horses4courses
12-30-2014, 08:01 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-12-30/house-republican-scalise-says-no-link-to-white-supremacy-group.html?hootPostID=182c6be3e7514d7a731a85305b29 0187

This past weekend a blogger revealed that third-ranking House Republican
Steve Scalise had spoken to a white supremacy group led by David Duke
in Louisiana in 2002. Causing a little friction as the GOP takes control in Washington,
as Mr. Scalise's first reaction was that he didn't know thegroup's affiliations. Likely story....... ;)

Of course, judging by the reaction around here - or lack of one,
it's merely business as usual for Republicans as they get ready
to show us how they take control, and govern effectively. :eek:

Spiderman
12-30-2014, 08:10 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-12-30/house-republican-scalise-says-no-link-to-white-supremacy-group.html?hootPostID=182c6be3e7514d7a731a85305b29 0187

This past weekend a blogger revealed that third-ranking House Republican
Steve Scalise had spoken to a white supremacy group led by David Duke
in Louisiana in 2002. Causing a little friction as the GOP takes control in Washington, as Mr. Scalise's first reaction was that he didn't know thegroup's affiliations. Likely story....... ;)

Scalise was just a down home good ol' guy who never heard of David Duke who ran for governor and headed the kkk. Get the votes where you can, y'all.

Clocker

Late to the party. The first thread on this was posted yesterday, and had zero interest. Some guy made one speech 12 years ago? You are going to have to come up with a little more raw meat than that.

RunForTheRoses
How many times has Black Supremacist Al Sharpton been at Obama's White House and where are the mea culpas of left wingers?

Clocker
12-30-2014, 08:26 PM

As the stupid party takes the Congressional reins from the evil party, I for one don't expect much improvement in the efficiency of government, especially with the Penman in Chief in the Oval Office. I only hope for some signs of a return to fiscal responsibility and to the rule of law.

horses4courses
12-30-2014, 08:27 PM
What about this guy, huh?
Shhhhh....he's one of your own.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/12/30/rep-michael-grimm-to-resign/

Nice......

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6JXj9vCAAAONrj.jpg:medium

Saratoga_Mike
12-30-2014, 08:31 PM
How many times has Black Supremacist Al Sharpton been at Obama's White House and where are the mea culpas of left wingers?

You're right about Sharpton of course, and let's not forget Obama's association with Rev. Wright. However, don't fall into the trap of holding Republicans to the same low standards as Dems. This Congressman is a disgrace for attending this function and should be forced out. His ignorance defense is as pitiful as Obama's on Rev Wright.

Saratoga_Mike
12-30-2014, 08:35 PM

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/12/30/rep-michael-grimm-to-resign/

Nice......

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6JXj9vCAAAONrj.jpg:medium

Please post Obama's "I wasn't there on those Sundays" excuses. This congressman is a disgrace, but where was your outrage over Rev Wright? Maybe you were outraged. If so, good for you. If not, how can you hold a president to a lower standard than a congressman? Oh b/c you agree with his policies. Are you a hypocrite or were you outraged by Rev Wright?

Clocker
12-30-2014, 08:41 PM

There is no evidence that Scalise has had anything to do with Duke since 2002. On the other hand, Sharpton has been to the White House 72 times since 2009, and Obama calls Rev Al his "go-to guy" on racial issues. The guy that led marchers chanting "What do we want? Dead cops." The guy that refused to hold off on demonstrations until after the funerals of dead cops.

Duke and Sharpton are opposite sides of the same coin. They promote and profit from racism. Which is the more reprehensible: a then state representative speaking with a racist one time, or the president meeting with a racist 72 times and admitting taking his advice?

tucker6
12-30-2014, 08:42 PM
Please post Obama's "I wasn't there on those Sundays" excuses. This congressman is a disgrace, but where was your outrage over Rev Wright? Maybe you were outraged. If so, good for you. If not, how can you hold a president to a lower standard than a congressman? Oh b/c you agree with his policies. Are you a hypocrite or were you outraged by Rev Wright?
He's a hypocrite

horses4courses
12-30-2014, 08:43 PM

Obama has put plenty of distance between himself and Rev. Wright.
No, I don't agree with Wright, for what it's worth.

Saratoga_Mike
12-30-2014, 08:46 PM
No, I don't agree with Wright, for what it's worth.

Yeah after the "g...damn America" and "the chickens are coming home to roost" videos started to circulate. Please don't give Obama credit for doing what was politically helpful for himself.

Clocker
12-30-2014, 08:47 PM

One of whose own?

The guy is a moron. There are plenty to go around on both sides of the aisle in Washington. What does throwing mud at a couple prove?

And you are late again. Grimm already resigned.

Saratoga_Mike
12-30-2014, 08:52 PM
Hell, let's use H4Course's standard: with this news out, as long as the congressman doesn't associate with white supremacists again, all is well! Great standard!!!! Great standard!!!

Well H4C, I will guarantee the congressman will never associate with this group again. So you're fine with him now? Or are you a hypocrite?

Saratoga_Mike
12-30-2014, 08:53 PM
One of whose own?

The guy is a moron. There are plenty to go around on both sides of the aisle in Washington. What does throwing mud at a couple prove?

And you are late again. Grimm already resigned.

In general (on the House side, not on the Senate side), Reps are held accountable for their bad behavior.

Clocker
12-30-2014, 08:56 PM

Try to keep up. Obama and Wright put on a big show of separation after Wright warned Obama that he would have to distance himself to get elected.

The notion that Obama is a Muslim is nonsense to any one who knows Wright's teachings. Obama is and long has been a practitioner of Black Liberation Theology, and it still shows in his speeches and practices. Wright is one of the country's leading theologians on that subject. It was the heart of the 20 years of sermons Obama sat and listened to.

They are physically distanced. They are still soul brothers.

Mike at A+
12-30-2014, 08:57 PM
Charlie Rangel keeps his job.
Al Sharpton owes $4.5 million and gets invited to the White House.
Bill Clinton commits perjury.
Susan "It was a video" Rice gets a promotion.
Hillary "What difference does it make" Clinton is the most liked female 13 years running.

WTF is wrong with this picture? It's the MEDIA, stupid.
Imagine if liberals got their way and shut down Fox News and Rush Limbaugh?
Then we'd ALL be fat, lazy and stupid.

horses4courses
12-30-2014, 09:03 PM
Nice deflection, guys.
When the going gets tough, divert, divert, divert.......

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6HyEXiIgAApueu.jpg:medium

Saratoga_Mike
12-30-2014, 09:06 PM
Nice deflection, guys.

Where's the deflection? He should be forced out. You're a hypocrite, though. Big surprise.

Hank
12-30-2014, 09:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjbPi00k_ME

KKK grand wizard Duke received the majority pug votes TWICE in state wide elections in Louisiana once in senate race and then for governor.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2014-12-30/david-duke-returns-to-haunt-the-gop-house-whip

Clocker
12-30-2014, 09:19 PM
Nice deflection, guys.

Oh no, the ultimate low blow. Accusing people of using Democratic tactics. :eek:

"But Bush..."

horses4courses
12-30-2014, 09:19 PM
Where's the deflection? He should be forced out. You're a hypocrite, though. Big surprise.

Calling me a hypocrite?
I would expect nothing less from neocons on here.

Believe me, it's an honor.

RunForTheRoses
12-30-2014, 09:31 PM
Nice deflection, guys.

LOL, is this Fugelsang fella your brother in law? It seems your trying to revive a can't say has been more like never was. I barely remember this douche from I think VH 1.

Tom
12-30-2014, 10:36 PM
:sleeping:

Saw this in CNN tonight - that ditzy dame anchor was wetting herself as she talked about it.

My very first thought was H4C is probably home right now having an orgasm!

I was too tired to log on and se what he would post, having spent my day working to support not only myself, but three libs as well, so I too a nap first.

Low and behold, there was this thread! when I woke up.
And he even brought Hank along - didn't now he had a protege. :lol:

First two charter members of the new "LIPS" (Low information poster squad).

A guy speaks at a group about TAXES 12 years ago, and it is big news.
Obama meets repeatedly with a known, proven, liar, racist, bigot, fraud, con man....in the WH, and it gets a pass.

Anyone here really want to challenge the fact that David Duke is not even close to being the racist pig that Al Sharpton is? Not in a million years.

LIPS...... :kiss:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :

Clocker
12-30-2014, 10:55 PM
This thread is the lamest attempt to deflect from this failed administration yet.

One cheesy reference to a speech 12 years ago by a guy that was a state rep at the time. And one lamer reference to a discredited Congressman who has already resigned in shame. As if anyone here ever heard of them, let alone cared. As if those events had any bearing whatsoever on what is happening to this country.

Supposedly these deep dark exposes of scandal will take everyone's mind off the fact that Obama and Holder are dismantling the Constitution. Or that Obama and Holder and Sharpton, the biggest pimp of racism in the country, are fomenting racial unrest for personal gain and political advantage.

Scalise and Grimm are small fish in a small pond compared to the influence peddling of the real professionals in Congress, like Dirty Harry. And Harry Reid is a small time hood guilty of larceny, while Obama and Holder are guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors against the country.

Mike at A+
12-30-2014, 10:55 PM
Twelve years ago, Steve Scalise gave a campaign speech to American citizens who are legally eligible to vote. In 2012, Barack 0bama gave a campaign speech saying "punish your enemies" to a crowd of people, many of whom are here illegally and can't legally vote.

Clocker
12-30-2014, 11:41 PM
Calling me a hypocrite?

Obama was a close friend and a member of the congregation of a racist pastor for 22 years. Scalise made a speech to a racist group on a non-racial matter once in 12 years. But you are holding the latter up as a scandal and giving the former a pass. That wins the Nobel Prize for a double standard.

Marshall Bennett
12-31-2014, 05:09 AM
It's okay for our fearless leader to associate himself with known terrorist prior to his presidency, but you want to rake this relatively unknown across the coals for this.
STUPID !!!

jballscalls
12-31-2014, 05:52 AM

I don't follow Al Sharpton much, but is he a black supremacist? Has he said he thinks his race is superior to others?

Not trying to defend him cause I think he's a scumbag, but this seems like an improper term from what I've seen/read.

Robert Goren
12-31-2014, 06:53 AM
How many times has Black Supremacist Al Sharpton been at Obama's White House and where are the mea culpas of left wingers?Al Sharpton is a bottom feeder, but there is no way he is in the league of David Duke. I will give you a pass on this post figuring you have no idea who David Duke or what he stands for.

RunForTheRoses
12-31-2014, 07:28 AM
I don't follow Al Sharpton much, but is he a black supremacist? Has he said he thinks his race is superior to others?

Not trying to defend him cause I think he's a scumbag, but this seems like an improper term from what I've seen/read.

It is an issue of semantics. Shapton is not for all the people, he never protests if it is some white guy...I stand by my supremacist tag.

RunForTheRoses
12-31-2014, 07:32 AM
Al Sharpton is a bottom feeder, but there is no way he is in the league of David Duke. I will give you a pass on this post figuring you have no idea who David Duke or what he stands for.

Tough shit, don't need no pass from you. Sharpton has blood on his hands.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/rev-al-caught-protest-tape-called-mart-owner-white-interloper-article-1.693222

TJDave
12-31-2014, 07:34 AM
Compared with this guy:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ae/Robert_C._Byrd_%E2%80%93_1967.jpg/200px-Robert_C._Byrd_%E2%80%93_1967.jpg

Scalise is a babe in the woods.

Tom
12-31-2014, 07:35 AM
Al Sharpton is a bottom feeder, but there is no way he is in the league of David Duke. I will give you a pass on this post figuring you have no idea who David Duke or what he stands for.

Sharpton has cause far more problems than Duke.
Duke is no angel, but Sharpton is 100% bad, and so are all those who accept him.

Read: Barack Obama

Tom
12-31-2014, 07:36 AM
Compared with this guy:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ae/Robert_C._Byrd_%E2%80%93_1967.jpg/200px-Robert_C._Byrd_%E2%80%93_1967.jpg

Scalise is a babe in the woods.

:confused: Father Knows Best?

Spiderman
12-31-2014, 07:42 AM
:confused: Father Knows Best?

Byrd man of West Virginia

lamboguy
12-31-2014, 07:56 AM
:confused: Father Knows Best?happy new year Tom, you are the very best when i need a good chuckle, you can sure hit them out of the park

horses4courses
12-31-2014, 10:18 AM
:
First two charter members of the new "LIPS" (Low information poster squad).
LIPS...... :kiss:

That's cute, Tom
You're a funny guy. :lol:

When have I ever posted any information on here that you pay attention to?
It's the proverbial "pissing into the wind". Doesn't stop me, though.
All you cons stick together like sheep. Like sheep, too, you butt heads occasionally.
Adds to the amusement. Keep doing what you're doing.

Btw, low informational visuals are very effective.

JustRalph
12-31-2014, 10:28 AM

How's this

Clocker
12-31-2014, 11:26 AM
The double standard (i.e., hypocrisy) summed up well:

As I write this, GOP House Whip Steve Scalise is in hot water over reports that he spoke to a group of racist poltroons in Louisiana 12 years ago. Whether it was an honest mistake, as Scalise plausibly claims, or a sign of something more nefarious, as his detractors hope, remains to be seen.

But one common response on social media is instructive. Countless conservatives want to know: Why the double standard? Barack Obama was friends with a domestic terrorist, Bill Ayers. His spiritual mentor was a vitriolic racist, Jeremiah Wright. One of his administration's closest advisers and allies is Al Sharpton, a man who has inspired enough racial violence to make a grand dragon's white sheets turn green with envy.

Meanwhile, the Democratic Party venerated the late Sen. Robert Byrd, a former Klansmen himself. He was one of 19 senators (all Democrats) to sign the Southern Manifesto opposing integration. One of his co-signers was William Fulbright, Bill Clinton's mentor.

When Republicans are in power, "dissent is the highest form of patriotism." When Democrats are in power, dissent is the racist fuming of "angry white men."

Peaceful, law-abiding tea party groups who cleaned up after their protests -- and got legal permits for them -- were signs of nascent fascism lurking in the American soul. Violent, anarchic and illegal protests byOccupy Wall Street a few years ago or, more recently, in Ferguson, Missouri, were proof that a new idealistic generation was renewing its commitment to idealism.

When rich conservatives give money to Republicans, it is a sign that the whole system has been corrupted by fat cats. When it is revealed that liberal billionaires and left-wing super PACs outspent conservative groups in 2014: crickets.

When Republicans invoke God or religious faith as an inspiration for their political views, it's threatening and creepy. When Democrats do it, it's a sign they believe in social justice.

Read more at http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/jonah123114.php3#ThXqKPaTQpEPQe79.99

newtothegame
12-31-2014, 11:26 AM
lol....
H4C would like us to be all upset at Scallise (sp) as he spoke apparently 12 years ago at a meeting Duke was at, held. or attended....

Yet, Obama sat in good ole rev Wrights church for 20 YEARS, was married by the man and well, "that was the past".

Isn't there some association with Bill Ayers?? I mean parties and associations that Obama attended???

How about all the communist teaching growing up??

Yeah, Scallise should be held at the stake for his crimes... :lol:

But what does that say about your messiah??? :bang:

reckless
12-31-2014, 11:39 AM
Obama was a close friend and a member of the congregation of a racist pastor for 22 years. Scalise made a speech to a racist group on a non-racial matter once in 12 years. But you are holding the latter up as a scandal and giving the former a pass. That wins the Nobel Prize for a double standard.

Not to mention inherent and consistent stupidity.

dartman51
12-31-2014, 02:24 PM
You're right H4C, Scalise is a typical scumbag politician. Both sides have them. Maybe you have the same disdain for this scumbag. Andre Carson http://truthuncensored.net/muslim-u-s-dem-congressman-busted-for-working-with-terrorist-front-man/

Carson was invited to speak on a panel discussing a range of topics, including the events in Ferguson.
Executive director of MAS, Mazen Mokhtar ,who is known to be operating an Al Qaeda website and raising funds for the Taliban was also on the panel. Mokhtar was connected to a UK based Al Qaeda fund raising website, as well as for other terrorist organizations, in a 2004 federal investigation.
Mokhtar’s activities were identified in an affidavit released Friday by the U.S attorney’s office in Connecticut. According to the affidavit, the websites solicited funds for the Taliban and Chechen mujaheddin, and is an exact replica of sites run by Babar Ahmad, who was arrested in England last week on a U.S. extradition warrant. :eek:

Saratoga_Mike
12-31-2014, 05:37 PM
Calling me a hypocrite?

You're a hypocrite. Do you understand why? Let me explain one more time. Obama befriends a radical preacher. Obama stops associating with the radical preacher. H4C says, "I don't approve of the radical preacher, BUT Obama doesn't associate with him anymore, so all is well." I don't agree, but I follow the position.

Now old dirt is dug up on a Republican congressman. H4C says, "I'm really, really bothered by this congressman's past association with this group, BUT the congressman doesn't associate with them anymore, so....hypocrisy alert...he still said it and the GOP should tar and feather him.

Meanwhile, I read this thread and immediately say, "the congressman should resign or be forced out of the House."

I'm a NEO-CON? You're clueless. I've criticized Cheney and other neocons so many times on this board that the board owner thought I was a Dem. I'm a Republican, but I think for myself. I can't stand hypocrisy --Newt Gingrich, David Vitter and yourself are all great examples.

lamboguy
12-31-2014, 05:50 PM
when it comes down to it, don't they all suck? the whole thing don't make to much sense. you have people that run for an office where the salary is about $200,000 per year plus about another $600,000 for personal expenses, and maybe about another million to run his or her's office. some spend from contribution's $10 million or more to try to win the election.

so you know that before they go to work their first day there has to be something going on.

its the same thing for the president except it cost $100 million or more to get the job and the president gets a plane to run around in.

they don't spend anywhere near this type of money anywhere else in the world to get a guy elected.

PaceAdvantage
12-31-2014, 06:13 PM
Is this Scalise guy a threat to Democrats somehow? I guess I missed the party. There is a reason why old news is dug up, and it's usually because someone has become a threat... :lol:

Clocker
12-31-2014, 06:37 PM
Is this Scalise guy a threat to Democrats somehow? I guess I missed the party. There is a reason why old news is dug up, and it's usually because someone has become a threat... :lol:

It's nothing specific. Scalise is the GOP House Whip, the number 3 guy in leadership after the Speaker and the Majority Leader. It is just business as usual in Washington, slinging any mud you can dig up against anyone on the other side.

The other guy being attacked, Michael Grimm (who has already resigned), appears to have been just another GOP Congressman. He was obviously a crook, but the Democrats are trying to whip it up into a sedition trial.

JustRalph
12-31-2014, 06:55 PM
Grimm gets convicted

Rev Al owes 4 million .....nobody cares

Charlie Rangel owes thousands. Nobody cares

If I was Wesley Snipes I'd be really pissed

Tom
12-31-2014, 08:07 PM
Some Black congressman was on CNNtonight, whining about this, calling for investigations, wondering who else was a racist in the GOP......and HE is in the Black Caucus! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can't make this crap up!

newtothegame
12-31-2014, 08:47 PM
Amazing how these meaningless distractions come up when things Like Obama releasing 5 more Gitmo detainees happens.......

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/12/31/us-releases-5-more-guantanamo-bay-prisoners-sends-them-to-kazakhstan/?intcmp=latestnews

Robert Goren
12-31-2014, 11:39 PM
David Duke is not the white answer to Al Sharpton or Rev Wright. A Black Pride group is not the same as white supremacist group. I am surprised so many you don't see that. The White Supremacists hate Blacks, Jews, Latinos and Cops. It is not unusual for one or two of them to go off and kill people. Two of them killed 2 police officers in Las Vegas last summer. Another one killed 2 people in KC. There are at least a couple killings a year that is attributable to them. The idea that any half way decent human being would have anything to do with them is beyond belief.

Tom
12-31-2014, 11:46 PM
Sharpton is not a supremacist, he is a racist opportunist. A shake down artist. He is in it for personal gain only.

David Duke is garbage, but he stands high above Rev Al.
Even Hell has 7 levels.

Robert Goren
12-31-2014, 11:56 PM
Sharpton is not a supremacist, he is a racist opportunist. A shake down artist. He is in it for personal gain only.

David Duke is garbage, but he stands high above Rev Al.
Even Hell has 7 levels. No Judo-Christian religion that I know of preaches that.

Clocker
01-01-2015, 12:12 AM
No Judo-Christian religion that I know of preaches that.

You are correct. The proper reference is to Dante's Nine Circles of Hell.

The Ninth Circle of Hell is for Treachery, which is where Sharpton belongs for betraying his fellow blacks.

newtothegame
01-01-2015, 01:46 AM
David Duke is not the white answer to Al Sharpton or Rev Wright. A Black Pride group is not the same as white supremacist group. I am surprised so many you don't see that. The White Supremacists hate Blacks, Jews, Latinos and Cops. It is not unusual for one or two of them to go off and kill people. Two of them killed 2 police officers in Las Vegas last summer. Another one killed 2 people in KC. There are at least a couple killings a year that is attributable to them. The idea that any half way decent human being would have anything to do with them is beyond belief.
You will not find one person here that says Duke is anything more then scum.....I am not even sure why you are trying to turn this into a duke thing. Ok so Scallise apparently spoke ONE time at one of his engagements (or whatever it was) twelve or so years ago.

Are you trying to say that scallise has some deep dark secrets?? Please bring them forth. If you are judging Scallise based on this ONE meeting, then you MUST think OBAMA is the scum of the earth! Bill Ayers is connected with many deaths as well. Obama partied with Ayers. I would suggest attending a party (social level) versus a speaking engagement is a much closer relationship....wouldn't you?

Of course you wouldn't! The dem party will try to throw everything they got at a man who held a speaking engagement ONCE versus holding one of their own accountable.

I'll look forward to your dirt you have on Scallise..........(waiting). :eek:

Robert Goren
01-01-2015, 07:17 AM
I don't know what is Scalise's heart, nobody does. But I am not one who believes that politicians don't know to whom they will be talking to when they accept a speaking engagement. Time and time again, posters here bring up people from Obama past like they are in the same league as David Duke and the KKK or whatever name they happen to be using at the time. Nobody is in the same league as the white supremacists groups. They are the finest collection of pure evil that there is in this country.

newtothegame
01-01-2015, 08:14 AM
I don't know what is Scalise's heart, nobody does. But I am not one who believes that politicians don't know to whom they will be talking to when they accept a speaking engagement. Time and time again, posters here bring up people from Obama past like they are in the same league as David Duke and the KKK or whatever name they happen to be using at the time. Nobody is in the same league as the white supremacists groups. They are the finest collection of pure evil that there is in this country.

Again, no one here that I have seen has said the Kkk is anything but garbage.
But if politicians know whom they are talking to, then all of obamas associations are very relevant as he knew exactly whom he is associating with by your reasoning. Bill ayers, rev wright, sharpton, etc etc.....must be who obama supports....thanks for clearing that up!

JustRalph
01-01-2015, 09:12 AM
The KKK and other idiots are entitled to hear their Congressman etc speak.

We live in America. Everybody is entitled to representation. no matter how stupid or distasteful they are

rastajenk
01-01-2015, 10:38 AM
Via Instapundit, it appears that there's even less to this Scalise story than previously advanced. (http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/12/david_duke_adviser_kenny_knigh.html). Just another example of libs ginnng up something from nothing.

Clocker
01-01-2015, 11:03 AM
Via Instapundit, it appears that there's even less to this Scalise story than previously advanced. (http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/12/david_duke_adviser_kenny_knigh.html). Just another example of libs ginnng up something from nothing.

The same thing was reported by Slate (http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2014/12/kenny_knight_and_barbara_noble_claim_steve_scalise _never_spoke_to_euro_did.single.html), a liberal web site. The speech was given at the site of the Duke conference, but before the conference started. It was not part of the conference, and most of those attending were local people who were not there for the conference.

It appears that Scalise was correct when he said he did not remember the group, and when presented with "evidence", he just assumed that it was the Duke group that he spoke to.

At the very least, this is a "he said, she said" thing, because no one appears to have any real evidence of what happened. No tapes, no documents from the time, etc.

Robert Goren
01-01-2015, 11:39 AM
But if politicians know whom they are talking to, then all of obamas associations are very relevant as he knew exactly whom he is associating with by your reasoning. Bill ayers, rev wright, sharpton, etc etc.....must be who obama supports....thanks for clearing that up! I never said they were not. For all their faults Ayers ,Wright, Sharpton Etc are not in the same league as David Duke. Not even close. Some posters here seem to want to imply they are. I have a problem with that.
PS I see the explaining away of what Scalise has done has begun. Two different groups on the same day, really? If you believe that, you probably believe Suh's story about it being so cold that he could not tell difference between the frozen tundra and Rodgers's keg.

ArlJim78
01-01-2015, 12:01 PM
Nothing about Scalise? good choice of thread title as there was nothing to this story. He didn't actually speak to the group in question and there is no evidence that the guy ever said or did anything racially offensive. It's shameful how the bedwetters on the left and some on the right carried on over this.

Clocker
01-01-2015, 12:10 PM
PS I see the explaining away of what Scalise has done has begun. Two different groups on the same day, really?

The "evidence" that he spoke at a racist conference is hearsay from a blogger who was not there. The evidence to the contrary is from the person that organized the meeting where he did speak.

Some of us still believe in innocent until proven guilty in this country.

Robert Goren
01-01-2015, 12:30 PM
The "evidence" that he spoke at a racist conference is hearsay from a blogger who was not there. The evidence to the contrary is from the person that organized the meeting where he did speak.

Some of us still believe in innocent until proven guilty in this country.Oh, really. I will remember that the next time a liberal gets in trouble according to some blog, which will probably next week.

newtothegame
01-01-2015, 01:20 PM
Bobby wanted so bad for there to be fire when in fact there wasn't even hot embers!
Now you can see the frustration come out.......
Awwwww it's ok Bobby......don't go away mad, just go away!!! lol

Tom
01-01-2015, 02:59 PM
You are correct. The proper reference is to Dante's Nine Circles of Hell.

The Ninth Circle of Hell is for Treachery, which is where Sharpton belongs for betraying his fellow blacks.

I was referring the South Park definition.

Tom
01-01-2015, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by Robert Goren

PS I see the explaining away of what Scalise has done has begun. Two different groups on the same day, really?

He gave a speech on taxes.
What exactly do you THINK he did, Bobby?

Now, if you want racist talk, you have to go the White House.

mostpost
01-01-2015, 03:28 PM
Assuming the Times Picayune story is accurate, Mr. Scalise has been unfairly treated. What I do not understand is why a public figure such as Scalise would not keep a file of which organizations he spoke before and when the event occurred. Then it would have been a simple matter to go back and say, "Yes I spoke on that date, but I spoke to a civic organization not to the EURO group.

Of course the major difference here is that when a plausible explanation is given, liberals acknowledge it while conservatives double down in the face of contrary evidence.

mostpost
01-01-2015, 03:30 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
You base your religious philosophy on a cartoon? That explains a lot. :eek:

Clocker
01-01-2015, 03:39 PM

My error. I had forgotten the contributions of South Park to the Judeo-Christian tradition.

Clocker
01-01-2015, 03:42 PM
What I do not understand is why a public figure such as Scalise would not keep a file of which organizations he spoke before and when the event occurred.

Scalise was a state legislator at the time and only had one aide. Apparently he and the guy organizing the meeting were neighbors, and that particular group was a neighborhood association.

mostpost
01-01-2015, 04:19 PM
But if politicians know whom they are talking to, then all of obamas associations are very relevant as he knew exactly whom he is associating with by your reasoning. Bill ayers, rev wright, sharpton, etc etc.....must be who obama supports....thanks for clearing that up!
We will start with Bill Ayers. Bill Ayers allegedly committed some crimes at the time Barack Obama was eight years old. I say allegedly because he was never brought to trial-mostly because of FBI misconduct. So what were the particulars of Obama's interaction with Ayers some thirty five years later?
For three years, both men were on the board of directors of the Woods Foundation. The Woods Foundation provided funding for educational purposes. The directors met four times a year, mainly to approve grants.

Twice, the two men were panelists on the same panel along with several other panel members. And I believe on one occasion, Obama attended a campaign event held at Ayers' home. All of these put together hardly constitute what I would call an association.

Rev. Wright: I have explained before, how Rev. Wright's "God Damn America' comment was taken out of context. He made the comment in connection of America's treatment of it's Native American population; in connection with its legal enslavement of its black population and in connection with its incarceration of its Japanese citizens. If you think those were noble actions then I guess you have the right to be upset by Wright's remarks.

Al Sharpton is an advocate for black people. He seeks equality not superiority. Someone asked why he never speaks out for white people. That is a dumb question. White people have plenty of people speaking out for them. You might as well ask why the American Cancer Society doesn't contribute to research on heart disease.

JustRalph
01-01-2015, 04:28 PM
We will start with Bill Ayers. Bill Ayers allegedly committed some crimes at the time Barack Obama was eight years old. I say allegedly because he was never brought to trial-mostly because of FBI misconduct. So what were the particulars of Obama's interaction with Ayers some thirty five years later?
For three years, both men were on the board of directors of the Woods Foundation. The Woods Foundation provided funding for educational purposes. The directors met four times a year, mainly to approve grants.

Twice, the two men were panelists on the same panel along with several other panel members. And I believe on one occasion, Obama attended a campaign event held at Ayers' home. All of these put together hardly constitute what I would call an association.

Rev. Wright: I have explained before, how Rev. Wright's "God Damn America' comment was taken out of context. He made the comment in connection of America's treatment of it's Native American population; in connection with its legal enslavement of its black population and in connection with its incarceration of its Japanese citizens. If you think those were noble actions then I guess you have the right to be upset by Wright's remarks.

Al Sharpton is an advocate for black people. He seeks equality not superiority. Someone asked why he never speaks out for white people. That is a dumb question. White people have plenty of people speaking out for them. You might as well ask why the American Cancer Society doesn't contribute to research on heart disease.

You live in a make believe world if you think people buy off on this bullshit you spew

fast4522
01-01-2015, 04:38 PM

Bill Ayers is without question a lowlife degenerate piece of shit for what he participated in doing when he was a young man, it need not be a court of law to be a fact.

Moreover today when anyone defends his actions no matter how many years ago, they too are a lowlife degenerate piece of shit. Now we know you think we are so far off base, but we have always known you to stink to the high heavens for what you are willing to stand for.

Clocker
01-01-2015, 04:43 PM
Bill Ayers allegedly committed some crimes at the time Barack Obama was eight years old. I say allegedly because he was never brought to trial-mostly because of FBI misconduct. So what were the particulars of Obama's interaction with Ayers some thirty five years later?

In his own book, Ayers admitted committing what we now prissily call acts of man-caused disaster. Which is to say, bombing public buildings. What some of us still call terrorism.

There is evidence that Ayers collaborated with Obama on Obama's books. Both deny it. People that knew them in Chicago have stated that the two socialized at each others homes. Both deny it.

It no longer matters. Obama is who he is. Ayers' role in that development is ancient history.

JustRalph
01-01-2015, 04:53 PM
Bill Ayers is without question a lowlife degenerate piece of shit for what he participated in doing when he was a young man, it need not be a court of law to be a fact.

Moreover today when anyone defends his actions no matter how many years ago, they too are a lowlife degenerate piece of shit. Now we know you think we are so far off base, but we have always known you to stink to the high heavens for what you are willing to stand for.

He is defending a cop killer.

Clocker
01-01-2015, 05:45 PM
He is defending a cop killer.

If you are talking about Ayers, there is no evidence that he or his group ever killed anyone. They were getting ready to when a bunch of them blew themselves up.

Ayers and others lived in a town house in NYC that was a bomb factory. Ayers was unfortunately away on the day the bomb that 3 others were working on blew up and killed them all. Ayers later admitted that it was a nail bomb, and they had planned on setting it off at a dance for GIs at Ft. Dix.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/167989/bill-ayers-unrepentant-lying-terrorist-andrew-c-mccarthy

JustRalph
01-01-2015, 06:53 PM
February 16 – A bomb is detonated at the Golden Gate Park branch of the San Francisco Police Department, killing one officer and injuring a number of other policemen (one seriously). No organization claims credit. (See San Francisco Police Department Park Station bombing.)

This is considered a WU bombing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco_Police_Department_Park_Station_bombi ng

rastajenk
01-02-2015, 09:43 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_pS7sKjlzwFg/S2vbw9uP3oI/AAAAAAAAFBg/9GUSFRGELFo/s320/william-ayers-american-flag-poster11.jpg

Spiderman
01-02-2015, 10:45 AM
Great deflection by cons from Scalise in this thread. You guys really want this guy as the third highest ranking in the House?

I believe that not all Republicans are racist, but all racists are Republicans.

Clocker
01-02-2015, 12:17 PM
Great deflection by cons from Scalise in this thread. You guys really want this guy as the third highest ranking in the House?

What evidence is there that he is a racist? Have you read this whole thread?

"...all racists are Republicans"? That is called prejudice. You are prejudging people with no evidence to back up this statement.

dartman51
01-02-2015, 12:39 PM

WOW!!! REALLY???? How old are you? Ten? You obviously don't know a damn thing about the Democrat party. :faint:

Tom
01-02-2015, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by Spiderman

There is no reason for him not to be.
Only the opinions of idiots and racists on the left, like your post so eloquently demonstrates.

Hey, Al wants a donut - you better run along now.

Clocker
01-02-2015, 03:18 PM
More racial politics and hypocrisy on the left. The blogger who ran the allegation about Scalise was tipped off to the possible story by the campaign manager (and son) of the Democratic candidate that lost the election to Scalise in 2008.

The candidate says that she knew about the allegation in 2008, but did not make it public because it might have hurt her chances to win the election. She believed that releasing the story would have riled up conservatives in the district, and in her words, "I was running in a district with a lot of bigots."

So, getting elected trumps the truth, even if it means pandering to all the bigots, i.e., conservatives, in your district. :rolleyes:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/01/01/us-usa-congress-scalise-idUSKBN0KA1BM20150101

newtothegame
01-02-2015, 03:31 PM
The dems, have proven time and time again when all else fails....use race!! Their problem now is the public is slowly catching on. It's starting to backfire.

Spiderman
01-02-2015, 05:47 PM
Boys, you have your knickers in a twist. I understand your desire to not be outted as racist. After all, it is your base of voters and financial support.

It should have been understood that my post meant “white” racists are Republicans. The omission of “white” was not deliberate in any sense.

It also should be known that I do not favor racists of any color. Yes, I would say that blacks who are anti-white would be inclined to vote for Democrats, if they vote at all. Those anti-voting regulations put in place by Republican run states may have something to do with denying their right to vote.

Funny, I never hear a mention by conservatives of the great Republican President, Abraham Lincoln. Anything to do with the abolishing slavery that the southern base would not like?

Of course I read all of the thread prior to my recent post. All that can be gathered from them is that there are both white and black racists. Let’s bring it back to the Original Post about Congressman Scalise.

He has a history that reeks of racism. You can read about it here:

Louisiana’s Long History of Racism

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2014/12/why_rep_steve_scalise_spoke_to_a_white_nationalist _hate_group_racism_in.html

The following article details an interview of the ignoble David Duke. To be “fair and balanced,” Duke has proclaimed that he has had relations with members of both parties:

David Duke Threatens To Expose Other Politicians With White Supremacist Ties
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/02/david-duke-steve-scalise_n_6406844.html

It is, indeed, an honor to have your mudslinging in my direction. Back at ya!

Clocker
01-02-2015, 06:01 PM
He has a history that reeks of racism. You can read about it here:

Louisiana’s Long History of Racism

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2014/12/why_rep_steve_scalise_spoke_to_a_white_nationalist _hate_group_racism_in.html

The first paragraph of that article says:

Steve Scalise of Louisiana, confirmed (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2014/12/29/house-majority-whip-scalise-acknowledges-speaking-at-white-nationalist-event-in-2002/) that he gave at least one speech to a recognized white nationalist hate group (http://cenlamar.com/2014/12/28/house-majority-whip-steve-scalise-was-reportedly-an-honored-guest-at-2002-international-white-supremacist-convention/), the European-American Unity and Rights Organization. EURO was founded by David Duke (http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-files/groups/euro), a former Ku Klux Klan grand wizard. The May 2002 conference Scalise participated in was billed as a workshop on protecting white “civil rights” and “heritage.”

I will be charitable and just say that there are several untruths in there, so I quit reading after that.

What else you got?

JustRalph
01-02-2015, 06:03 PM
You are a putrid POS

Buying into this shit has warped your mind.

All Republicans are racist huh? Do the letters FO mean anything to you?

Allowing this kind of shit is why this board has lost its attraction.

Clocker
01-02-2015, 06:17 PM
The following article details an interview of the ignoble David Duke. To be “fair and balanced,” Duke has proclaimed that he has had relations with members of both parties:

David Duke Threatens To Expose Other Politicians With White Supremacist Ties
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/02/david-duke-steve-scalise_n_6406844.html

It is, indeed, an honor to have your mudslinging in my direction. Back at ya!

So several days after strong evidence that the alleged speech did not happen, HuffPo is still treating it as gospel. In other words, still beating the racist drum without due process.

Tom
01-02-2015, 08:32 PM
Them and their number 1 reader.......a good pair.

PaceAdvantage
01-04-2015, 12:59 AM
You are a putrid POS

Buying into this shit has warped your mind.

All Republicans are racist huh? Do the letters FO mean anything to you?

Allowing this kind of shit is why this board has lost its attraction.What would you like me to do? Why exactly should his post be deleted or edited or censored?

This is who you are dealing with. There are people like this all over the country, not just on this board. Why should I attempt to hide it? Why should his opinion be squashed and not say, someone like Marshall Bennett whom I find truly distasteful at times?

COTB has been accused of saying some pretty shady things in the past as well, but you usually jump in and defend him as being misunderstood. Walk a mile in his shoes...he has tons of black friends...etc...etc...

So why should Spiderman's words be banished while others be allowed to state whatever they wish...stuff OTHERS find distasteful and offensive?

Explain it to me...you and I usually see eye to eye...so I guess I might be missing something here as to why this particular poster's words have so brought this board down for you...

And for the record, I don't believe he said all Republicans are racists. But so what if he did?

Tom
01-04-2015, 09:27 AM
Funny, I never hear a mention by conservatives of the great Republican President, Abraham Lincoln. Anything to do with the abolishing slavery that the southern base would not like?

Your ignorance could fill a book -how about we title it Dummies for Dummies?
We have had some doozies here in the past, but you set the bar so low Aussies are tripping over it.

We have mentioned that many times in the past, and we have condemned the KK many times.

The dems are the party that sat a KKK member for decades.

Ralph, being called a racist by this one is a badge of honor - he has not gotten a thing right since he came here. Doubtful he ever will. He talks from his arse, not his brain.

Put him on IGGY and be done with him.

fast4522
01-04-2015, 09:33 AM
Perhaps you can call a man many a name, but call him what he prides himself for not being is fighting words. In a time when the lefts ice is at its thinnest one would think calling people racists would be the most, but it is used all the time when convenient. :bang:

Tom
01-04-2015, 09:37 AM
Se call them communists, and I am sure they do not like it.
That is why I do it. :lol:

Difference is, I can take their stupid name calling and laugh at them for doing it.
They can't.

And it shows.

JustRalph
01-04-2015, 10:38 AM
What would you like me to do? Why exactly should his post be deleted or edited or censored?

This is who you are dealing with. There are people like this all over the country, not just on this board. Why should I attempt to hide it? Why should his opinion be squashed and not say, someone like Marshall Bennett whom I find truly distasteful at times?

COTB has been accused of saying some pretty shady things in the past as well, but you usually jump in and defend him as being misunderstood. Walk a mile in his shoes...he has tons of black friends...etc...etc...

So why should Spiderman's words be banished while others be allowed to state whatever they wish...stuff OTHERS find distasteful and offensive?

Explain it to me...you and I usually see eye to eye...so I guess I might be missing something here as to why this particular poster's words have so brought this board down for you...

And for the record, I don't believe he said all Republicans are racists. But so what if he did?

Valid points. But this isn't the wide open internet where we hear this shit all the time. I will say it again ( I guess once a year I say this) this is supposed to be a community, semi closed I woud call it. There are people on this board who know each other in the real world. I have contact with several on this board outside of this forum. Every once in a while actually in person. One of my biggest regrets since I moved west is that I don't have as much contact with board members.

I still have occasional email and video calls with other users of this board and I have enjoyed them immensely. Even some of the guys who disagree with me politically have been very very nice to me in person. I try to reciprocate. Especially those on the east coast. Thanks to this board and my travels and penchant for moving for business over the last 10-12 years I have friends and aquaintances from coast to coast. I have sat in SoCal OTB's, and visited Aqu-Belmont and Toga thanks to those I have met on this board. I have spent weeks at Keeneland. Weekends at Laurel, Churchill and more. All with people from this board. I guess that makes it a little different. Maybe that's just me.

If I want to be blanket called a racist because of my political beliefs I can log onto a hundred other boards including DU etc. I dont. In fact this is the only board I participate in. I'm registered on a few, but they aren't the same. Over the last year I have tweeted some and have a facebook account that is mostly family and very old friends. I guess I expect something a little different here.

Let's face it. The game is no longer worthy of the following it has here. The first ten years on this board I loved the racing stuff. Learning from other players etc was tons of fun. Some pretty damn good racing still existed all over the country. I was walking around with PP's sticking out of my hip pocket for ten years. My boss allowed me to play at work. When I was the boss I played at work. Jumping on this board and discussing a certain race or going into a chat room with 5-10 other guys from this board was a blast. Today you can sit through a whole day and maybe find one or two bets, and the late money will kill those because everybody has the same data and info. It's turned to crap.

As the racing has gone south, the political climate has too. So, the off topic section grew. Naturally. It's fun, it's brain engaging and for a news junkie like me, entertaining most of the time. But it's not DU and it shouldn't be. Hell, a few months ago somebody called my wife "fat" I had fun with it. I considered the source. My wife's a saint. I could have really been out of shape about it. But what the hell.

Maybe I should think of this place more like DU. I'm dealing with the same people who said I could keep my plan, my Doctor and save $2500 bucks a year. The same people who said Mitt Romney gave a women cancer. The same people who would take my guns, another 40% of my income and tell me what to eat and drink. Yep, I'm the one who is wrong. These are the same people who would ration my energy usage and force me to buy an electric car if they could.

Too bad the horse racing has gone to shit.

This crap about being racist is just another name calling. But if you really knew my life and what it involves every single day, you might understand why me being called racist is such a damn joke. Hysterical really.

Spiderman
01-04-2015, 12:19 PM
What would you like me to do? Why exactly should his post be deleted or edited or censored?

Your response is more considerate than I could have expected. The ratio at PA is about 8 conservatives to 1 liberal.

Post #80 of this thread, clearly my comment stated " . . .NOT ALL Republicans are racist . . .":

Old 01-02-2015, 10:45 AM #80
Spiderman

vCash: 400

Differing viewpoints make for a better democracy.

Clocker
01-04-2015, 12:35 PM

Differing viewpoints make for a better democracy.

The statement "...all racists are Republicans" is not a viewpoint, it is an unfounded prejudice, and prejudice does not make for a better democracy.

Tom
01-04-2015, 12:55 PM

Wow.
Obama and Sharpton are republicans.
Would knew?

If a tree fell in the forest and landed on a democrat, would anyone care?

davew
01-04-2015, 01:31 PM
Wow.
Obama and Sharpton are republicans.
Would knew?

If a tree fell in the forest and landed on a democrat, would anyone care?

hes saying they aint racist

reckless
01-04-2015, 04:42 PM
. . .

. . . If a tree fell in the forest and landed on a democrat, would anyone . . . care?

Only trial lawyers and slip and fall slugs from the left wing bar, Tom.

RunForTheRoses
01-04-2015, 05:14 PM

Who Be these Raciss' Spidey. you fake phoney fraud? Bet you would fit right in with them.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/01/racist-black-protesters-target-white-people-eating-brunch-at-new-york-city-restaurants/

Clocker
01-04-2015, 05:33 PM
Who Be these Raciss' Spidey. you fake phoney fraud? Bet you would fit right in with them.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/01/racist-black-protesters-target-white-people-eating-brunch-at-new-york-city-restaurants/

Those are obviously white-privileged Republican racists in those restaurants. Only racists eat brunch. :rolleyes:

JustRalph
01-04-2015, 08:23 PM
Bring that shit to Texas......

I can't imagine how many ambulances they would need