PDA

View Full Version : M Ritvo at Parx

Stillriledup
12-30-2014, 04:40 PM
The public is betting this guy like he's Steve Cauthen in 1977, i haven't seen that he's worth betting blindly, public is incredibly enamored by him. I don't see it. He's ok, but is he as good as the bettors at Parx think he is?

therussmeister
12-30-2014, 05:43 PM
No. I see him losing on a lot of heavy favorites. I don't know why the crowd likes him so much, but I'm glad that they do.

burnsy
12-30-2014, 05:49 PM
I don't even know how he rides or do I bet there. But I do know how to be a competent gambler........9 times out of 10, the public perception is always better (loftier) than the actual circumstance. Just as you stated the public is fickle and they will bet on anything they are enamored by. Of course, that's why most of them can't win at much either.

Don't worry a month or so from now the posts about the next "super horse" will be flying in that Triple Crown section. People will get booted over it, tell you how the horse will never lose and then if they aren't booted, disappear into the internet (glow) of a sunset when said horse most likely loses. Where can I bet on that happening??????? :cool:

Wickel
12-30-2014, 10:48 PM
He gets a lot of attention because of his trainer mom, Kathy Ritvo of Mucho Macho Man fame, and his dad, Tim, who is the president of Gulfstream Park. Other than that, he's mediocre IMO. Think his big problem is no sense of pace. But he's young and learning, so I'll cut him some slack.

Valuist
12-30-2014, 11:24 PM
I thought he liked to save ground. That will work on some tracks, but Parx often seems to be an outer path favoring track.