PDA

View Full Version : PAIHL Question

BlinkersOn
12-29-2014, 04:33 PM
Is there going to be a PAIHL this year? I realize that Jay Trotter left, but I thought maybe another of the scorers was going to continue the contest. I applaud them all for their time and effort. I know I could never do it. I'm simply curious if the contest is gone for good, or we are going to have one this year. Thanks in advance.

Overlay
12-29-2014, 05:46 PM
I directed this same question to Ted Craven a couple days ago, and he referred me to PA. Mike's response was as follows:

"I am scaling back contests in 2015, partly because everyone involved is burned out at this point.

"I'm not quite sure what is going to materialize after Ridersup. I simply don't have the time to take on the scoring efforts of something like the PAIHL or manage the PACS.

"I'm thinking more along the lines of smaller, more independent contests during the year...maybe 3 or 4 at most. Sponsored mostly by myself.

"Sorry I don't have better news on this front...."

Does not sound optimistic for the PAIHL (at least if it were to be held in the same January through Derby time frame as previous years).

BlinkersOn
12-29-2014, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the info. I thought maybe some of the guys that helped with scoring last year might take it on, but I guess not. I'll keep me eye out for other contests during the year. I'm not burned out on anything :) . I didn't know anything much had been happening to be honest, except the Aqueduct Inner Turf contest.

cutchemist42
12-30-2014, 12:50 AM
Is Jay gone as a poster all together?