PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct: Sunday, December 28

Teach
12-28-2014, 12:04 PM
Race One:

:8: Rose Quartz is my pick in this state-bred maiden-claiming route. I’m basing my selection on class. The Rock Hard Ten-bred filly has been competing in maiden-specials, mostly on the lawn. This would appear to be the spot for her to receive her graduation papers. She’s stretching out; that may help. The rock-solid Jose Ortiz is in the irons for trainer Joe Orseno. Orseno’s very good with maiden to maiden-claimers. The distaffer’s morning work-tab is nuthin to write home about, but with this indistinguishable bunch… I’m also looking at 6 Senso; 7 Papous Mia Bella; and 2 Letters of Fire.

Race Two:

Another state-bred maiden claimer, only this one’s a sprint. My choice is :8: N.F.’s Destiny. I’m a bit concerned about some soreness, e.g., aluminum pad. How hard is the Aqueduct surface? Any moisture or wetness might help this horse. Caveat Emptor. Every “punter” has filed for “free agency”. Others to consider are: 1/1A Wild Finish/Carolinian. 7 Flo Greatness.

Race Three:

In this ungraded New York state-bred Stallion Series, I like :5: The Lewis Dinner. This filly has won her last two. Should be out and going and saying: “Catch me if you can!” It’s up to jockey Manny Franco is play: “Ration…ration…ration…” Rudy Rodriguez is a solid trainer. Also: 6 Omagoddonna; 2 Kathy’s Humor; 4 Perfect Freud.

Race Four:

Maiden claiming non-winners of two. My pick is :2: Reckless Move. The Tony Dutrow trainee looks like a classier sort than most of these. The “turn-back” should help. Angel Cruz is a capable jock. Sharp recent work. Also: 7 Pitched; 6 Prove It All Night; 5 Signora Sofia.

Race Five:

Another non-graded state-bred stakes. I like :8: Gear Jammer. I like the turf-to-dirt angle. Should handle the turn-back. Outside post should help. The most capable Jeremy Rose in the irons for Carlos Martin. Recent solid work. Also: 3 Disco Partner; 1 Clockwork; 5 Deputy Busterstone;

Race Six:

In this non-winners of two state-bred allowance sprint I like :5: Giantinthemoonlite. Jockey Manny Franco (this could be a good day for him) for trainer Bruce Brown. Adds blinkers. Has hit the tote in four out of five lifetime starts. Won at first asking and has been competitive ever since. Decent morning work a couple weeks ago. Also: 7 Mighty Zealous; 9 Brass Pear; 8 Imposing Figure.

Race Seven:

:5: Horatio is dropping down in this claiming route. Might just possibly be a winning spot for this Posse-bred gelding. Others: 2 Salisbury Knight; 6 Cosmic Coincidence; 4 Born in Brooklyn.

Race Eight:

In this optional claiming route I like :2: Amulay. Has been either first or second in her last four. Solid combo of Jose Ortiz for Bruce Levine. Four wins and two seconds in eight tries at the distance. Others: 6 Lotsa Noodles; 7 Dear Mama; 4 Lunar Surge.

Race Nine:

In this maiden-special route I’m going out on the limb. I’m taking a long walk off a short pier. Yes, Heavens To Murgatroyd, I’m casting my lot with an ML 30-1 shot: :10: Holy Week. Call it intuition. Call it a hunch. Call it lunacy, but if this Pleasant Colony-bred colt pops… I like the way this colt has been closing. The stretch out should be a plus. Oscar Gomez for Debra Breed. Also: 2 Beyond the Green; 3 Swivel; 5 Apollo Eleven

lamboguy
12-28-2014, 12:15 PM
nice to see you back TEACH. happy holiday's and a joyous new year.

DeltaLover
12-28-2014, 12:25 PM
Race 6: :10: or :4:

Race 8: :3: or :5:

Race 9: :3:

judd
12-28-2014, 12:42 PM
Race 2 no :2: Indy tune WPS

PhantomOnTour
12-28-2014, 12:45 PM
Going to take a small shot with the :3: Taxplayer at 6-1.
Should get a nice pace to run at, price is right on this decent late runner

EDIT:
bet down to 9-2 odds...too low for my liking, PASS

PhantomOnTour
12-28-2014, 12:52 PM
Nice one...8-1 odds :ThmbUp:

judd
12-28-2014, 12:55 PM
$18.60 $7.50 $5.90