PDA

View Full Version : TimeformUS-When available on IE?

Flysofree
12-28-2014, 08:30 AM
Could you please put a notice here... I would like to see it when available for IE users.
Thanks

Longshot6977
12-28-2014, 10:01 AM
Could you please put a notice here... I would like to see it when available for IE users.
Thanks

Why haven't you switched to Chrome yet? Or have you? You can even install Chrome to use on certain sites and IE for others.

Flysofree
12-28-2014, 10:53 AM
Disk Cleanup only cleans up the IE Browser on my computer. To install another browser for only one program is too much.

Augenj
12-28-2014, 11:11 AM
Disk Cleanup only cleans up the IE Browser on my computer. To install another browser for only one program is too much.
You might try CCleaner for cleaning both browsers and a lot more. Regarding having to use more than one browser, I have to use IE to make a transaction in the Microsoft Store because Chrome can't handle it. I suspect it's the old MS versus Google war by the so called software engineers. ;)

FocusWiz
12-28-2014, 11:13 AM
In my XP, Windows 7, and Windows 8.1 machines, when I run Chrome, it expands over time to be larger than either Internet Explorer or Firefox (actually, it takes up more memory than the other two combined). I know the reputation is that it is light and simple. While I run addins for Internet Explorer and Firefox, I never include them for Chrome because it is big enough as is.

Longshot6977
12-28-2014, 12:08 PM

Not really true. I think you're confusing OS with browser. Read what AugenJ wrote. Use CCleaner(free) and it will clean both browsers(for free even). Works fine on my Win 7 PC with both IE and Chrome. When it detects Chrome is installed, choices are enabled to clean Chrome also. No reason to not install Chrome. Don't be scared. Educate yourself on your PC.
Not sure when Timeform will optimize it for IE, if ever, so you may as well try Chrome or FF.

o_crunk
12-28-2014, 12:37 PM
I posted this in another thread. Reposting here:

Yes, TFUS will be available on IE soon.

You will notice that RagozinPPs works with IE 10 or higher. Soon we will migrate architecture that makes RagozinPPs work to TFUS and that will include the ability to access TFUS from IE 10 or higher.

When we started work on TFUS way back when, IE did not support webkit and certain aspects of CSS3 and this is why TFUS did not support use with IE. At that time, IE was not a modern web browser, so we did no development work to support it.

Obviously, IE came around and things have changed. So we will change with them.

ubercapper
12-29-2014, 10:23 AM
You might try CCleaner for cleaning both browsers and a lot more. Regarding having to use more than one browser, I have to use IE to make a transaction in the Microsoft Store because Chrome can't handle it. I suspect it's the old MS versus Google war by the so called software engineers. ;)

I love CCleaner. I have used the free version for nearly 10 years on all my pcs. It's really easy to use and allows all kinds of controls on what to delete or not. It really is free, with no ads or strings. There is a paid version with some extra features but it is not necessary if all you are doing is keeping IE cleaned up.

RXB
12-29-2014, 06:53 PM
Soon we will migrate architecture that makes RagozinPPs work to TFUS

Any idea of how soon, approximately? I don't care about IE, just looking forward to the much speedier PP's.

o_crunk
12-29-2014, 06:59 PM
Any idea of how soon, approximately? I don't care about IE, just looking forward to the much speedier PP's.

The target is in the next month or two.

MONEY
12-29-2014, 09:30 PM

I just tried CCleaner on my computer.
After I used it I was no longer able to open Brisnet PPs.
I did a system restore & my computer is back to normal.
I won't try it again.

Augenj
12-29-2014, 09:40 PM
I won't try it again.
There's an easier option than a system restore. CCleaner optionally creates a recovery file that you can double-click and restore what was deleted. You do have to accept the option as you exit CC, however. This is the first time I've ever heard of problems with CC after reading many reviews and testimonies on various websites. It's highly recommended. Maybe Brisnet is using Registry "orphans" as part of their code which is the only thing I can think of, possibly for security reasons.

Tom
12-29-2014, 11:18 PM
I use CC every week and never had a problem with BRIS or anything.
Make sure you check the list of thing checked to be cleaned - maybe you let it go to broad?

Flysofree
12-30-2014, 10:44 AM
I won't try it again.

I also have used it in the past with similar type problems. I even bought a year's subscription.... The product is not for me. The computer's disk cleanup and defrag program do their job. I'd say CC Cleaner is ok but overrated.

PaceAdvantage
12-31-2014, 04:51 PM
In the time it took you to create and reply to this thread, you could have easily installed Chrome in less time...

And the great things is, you can always uninstall Chrome when TFUS becomes compatible with IE.

Thank me very much.... :lol:

Flysofree
12-31-2014, 05:07 PM
In the time it took you to create and reply to this thread, you could have easily installed Chrome in less time...

And the great things is, you can always uninstall Chrome when TFUS becomes compatible with IE.

Thank me very much.... :lol:

What a brilliant idea..... Some times I just can't see the forest for the trees.

Fingal
01-01-2015, 12:09 PM
To try out Timeform is the reason I went to a Chrome browser & now I'll never go back to IE.

Flysofree
01-01-2015, 01:38 PM
How much is a monthly subscription to TimeFormUS?

Just curious.

cj
01-01-2015, 01:42 PM
How much is a monthly subscription to TimeFormUS?

Just curious.

It is $69.99 unlimited.

Seriously though, if you are just curious, why not go look?

https://timeformus.com/MyAccount/BuyPPs.aspx