PDA

View Full Version : At Christmastime, George W. Bush was Santa, Obama is Scrooge

PaceAdvantage
12-27-2014, 01:38 PM
Alert: Gratuitous Obama-bashing piece ahead...but somewhat interesting nonetheless.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/dec/25/joseph-curl-christmastime-george-w-bush-was-santa-/

NJ Stinks
12-27-2014, 01:59 PM
Nice of the Washington Times to recycle this hit piece again a year later. :rolleyes:

Anyway, no denying GWB had a little Lord Grantham in him.

HUSKER55
12-27-2014, 01:59 PM
and you thought his abuse of flying privileges were not transparent

Saratoga_Mike
12-27-2014, 02:09 PM
Nice of the Washington Times to recycle this hit piece again a year later. :rolleyes:

Anyway, no denying GWB had a little Lord Grantham in him.

I've never seen former WH household staff have anything but nice things to say about George W and Laura Bush. That's certainly not true of the Clintons. I don't think I've seen any comments about the Obamas. My bet is the Bushes were nicer people to work for than the Obamas, but I'm guessing. You're defensive on this matter because it rings true.

And I thought GWB was a horrible president, so there.

NJ Stinks
12-27-2014, 02:15 PM
I've never seen former WH household staff have anything but nice things to say about George W and Laura Bush. That's certainly not true of the Clintons. I don't think I've seen any comments about the Obamas. My bet is the Bushes were nicer people to work for than the Obamas, but I'm guessing. You're defensive on this matter because it rings true.

And I thought GWB was a horrible president, so there.

I'm not being defensive at all. Lord Grantham is really good to the people downstairs in Downton Abbey.

Robert Goren
12-28-2014, 10:21 AM
As soon as Obama leaves office, there will be a rash of "tell all" books by White House workers. GWB and his wife were a tough act to follow as boss. Of course Obama "pales" when compared to Jimmy Carter.

Saratoga_Mike
12-28-2014, 12:39 PM
I'm not being defensive at all. Lord Grantham is really good to the people downstairs in Downton Abbey.

...then you just indirectly said something nice about GWB? wow.

fast4522
12-28-2014, 01:10 PM
My bet is the Bushes were nicer people to work for than the Obamas

Forget about "working for" Both President Bush and his wife were raised to be nice people. I am sure on the business end of working for in the corporate setting George W. can be a force to be reckoned with.

fast4522
12-28-2014, 01:20 PM
If you really care to compare, here is a sidetrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PtbcLWNIw0

PhantomOnTour
12-28-2014, 01:29 PM
Forget about "working for" Both President Bush and his wife were raised to be nice people. I am sure on the business end of working for in the corporate setting George W. can be a force to be reckoned with.
Say what?

Dave Schwartz
12-28-2014, 01:30 PM
LOL - Went to the original page. Asked if I'd take a 5-question survey. The last question is can we contact you for more surveys? There was no option to say "no."

Don't you love biased survey takers?

fast4522
12-28-2014, 01:52 PM
Say what?

What, its not fair to say things as they are. :lol: :lol:

PhantomOnTour
12-28-2014, 03:17 PM
What, its not fair to say things as they are. :lol: :lol:
It's fine - just make sure to include a comma or period where appropriate so folks know what you're actually saying, and so you don't appear stupid.

fast4522
12-28-2014, 03:23 PM
Folks know exactly where I am coming from, :lol: .

PhantomOnTour
12-28-2014, 03:30 PM
Folks know exactly where I am coming from, :lol: .
We do - you are coming from a place of butt hurt bitter disappointment, and just plain tired old bad humor. You moved there in 2008 and have been whining about it ever since.
Good luck with that :D

fast4522
12-28-2014, 03:41 PM
Perhaps your correct, but the change you have fought for will soon end.

PhantomOnTour
12-28-2014, 03:47 PM
Perhaps you're correct, but the change you have fought for will soon end.
FTFY
Ahhh, presumptions are so cute, aren't they?
The change I fought for?.... :lol:

I didn't vote for Obama, but I respect the office of the Presidency and find the names he & the first family have been called to be juvenile and downright venomous. Plus, it accomplishes nothing but making yourself look like a bitter angry man.
Job well done on that :ThmbUp:

I can't stand Reps or Dems...what's to like?

fast4522
12-28-2014, 03:50 PM
FTFY
Ahhh, presumptions are so cute, aren't they?
The change I fought for?.... :lol:

I didn't vote for Obama, but I respect the office of the Presidency and find the names he & the first family have been called to be juvenile and downright venomous. Plus, it accomplishes nothing but making yourself look like a bitter angry man.
Job well done on that :ThmbUp:

I can't stand Reps or Dems...what's to like?

So I hate commies, big deal.

Tom
12-28-2014, 04:28 PM
Nice touch, POT, slapping the comma up there as an apostrophe!
mostie - take note......proper use of commas.
Tell you Uncle Jack, too.

PhantomOnTour
12-28-2014, 04:38 PM
Nice touch, POT, slapping the comma up there as an apostrophe!
mostie - take note......proper use of commas.
Tell you Uncle Jack, too.
Most of the time you are angry
Some of the time you are funny
And some of the time you make no sense at all

Around here we don't say "apostrophe"...we say "Comma to the top!" :lol: