PDA

View Full Version : Emptying Gitmo

JustRalph
12-24-2014, 08:16 PM
Hearing from reliable sources that Gitmo prisoners by the dozens have been told they are to pack up for release..........

Xmas exodus?

Tom
12-24-2014, 08:19 PM
Do it while the news cycle is not looking.
Obama doing more recruiting for ISIS than ISIS.

tucker6
12-25-2014, 06:44 AM
Hearing from reliable sources that Gitmo prisoners by the dozens have been told they are to pack up for release..........

Xmas exodus?
moving to a brand new max prison in Illinois. I have a future SIL that was invited to transfer there to guard Gitmo detainees. Appears Obama lied again. :rolleyes:

http://nypost.com/2014/06/28/will-obama-ever-move-the-16-worst-terrorists-in-gitmo/

"For one, the federal Bureau of Prisons has purchased a maximum-security prison in the Midwest, dedicating almost $54 million to renovate, reopen and staff the 1,600-bed facility in Thomson, Illinois. The mothballed prison could start housing highly dangerous inmates by the end of 2016 at a total cost of about $195 million.
The administration had at one time proposed transferring hardcore Gitmo detainees to the Thomson Correctional Center, but nixed the plan amid local outcry over 9/11 fiends living next door. Now it insists it will use the prison only to relieve crowding elsewhere in the system.
Republican lawmakers aren’t buying it. They suspect it’s a step toward relocation of Gitmo detainees."

horses4courses
12-25-2014, 09:44 AM

Xmas exodus?

I think they're being divided between Texas (near Dallas),
and upstate New York.

davew
12-25-2014, 09:54 AM
got to get the Gitmo resort ready for tourists

TJDave
12-25-2014, 10:05 AM
got to get the Gitmo resort ready for tourists

If normalization succeeds, Gitmo will be given to Cuba.

zico20
12-25-2014, 11:00 AM
If normalization succeeds, Gitmo will be given to Cuba.

And Obama can't wait to give it back to Cuba. I am sure he thinks we never should have had it in the first place. He will apologize to the Castro boys for a 50 year embargo and that will be his present to them. He might as well go all the way.

zico20
12-25-2014, 11:12 AM
and upstate New York.

Why should the people of Texas have to have them in their state? If they are going to be brought to the states they should go to Boston and NYC. Places where liberals are everywhere and support the transfer. Keep them out of red states. The liberal states should be more than happy to take them.

tucker6
12-25-2014, 11:15 AM
and upstate New York.
no

schweitz
12-25-2014, 12:46 PM
and upstate New York.

Clever---I was thinking Lake Tahoe. ;)

horses4courses
12-25-2014, 12:49 PM
Clever---I was thinking Lake Tahoe. ;)

I could be wrong, though ;)

JustRalph
12-31-2014, 10:22 AM
5 released overnight last night. Total of ten this last week

Tom
12-31-2014, 11:39 AM
Obama loading up ISIS for the Arab Spring 2015, Terror-Fest!

ArlJim78
01-01-2015, 11:52 AM
Obama continues to side with any and all enemies of the US, proof can be found by looking at just who some of these people are he is releasing from Gitmo.

Obama Frees A Nuclear Terrorist (http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/obama-frees-a-nuclear-terrorist/#.VKQPPZIn4Xg.email)

The last releases saw terrorists rated as high risk freed by Obama. They included fighters with experience on the battlefield and covert operations. Obama set loose a suicide bomber, a document forger and a bomb maker who trained other terrorists to make bombs. Those are exactly the sorts of enemies whose license to Jihad will cost lives.

But that’s nothing compared to Obama’s latest gift to the Jihad.

When Mohammed Zahir was caught, among his possessions was found a small sealed can marked, in Russian, “Heavy Water U235 150 Grams.”

According to the classified report, the uranium had been identified by Zahir “in his memorandum as being intended for the production of an “atom bomb.”

Zahir was not just another captured Jihadist. He was the Secretary General of the Taliban’s Intelligence Directorate and was in contact with top leaders of the Taliban and Al Qaeda. His possessions included a fax with questions intended for Osama bin Laden and he had been arrested on suspicion of possessing Stinger missiles.

Saratoga_Mike
01-01-2015, 01:47 PM
Outrageous.

lamboguy
01-01-2015, 01:57 PM
here is the bottom line, we are all citizen's in this country, we own this great place not just the political machines. it seems like the polls from both sides seem to do whatever they want and the rest of us citizens seem not to care and even if we do it still doesn't matter.

Saratoga_Mike
01-01-2015, 02:10 PM
here is the bottom line, we are all citizen's in this country, we own this great place not just the political machines. it seems like the polls from both sides seem to do whatever they want and the rest of us citizens seem not to care and even if we do it still doesn't matter.

Voters re-elected Obama - he didn't hide his intentions to close Gitmo. It's democracy in action. The policy is dangerous, but it's what the majority of Americans wanted by re-electing Obama.

ArlJim78
01-01-2015, 02:24 PM
closing gitmo was not on the minds of the majority of Americans who voted, not even the dolts who voted for Obama, most of them don't even know what gitmo is. Those who had probably assumed that closing gitmo meant something other than the outright release of the most dangerous detainees.

Saratoga_Mike
01-01-2015, 02:32 PM
closing gitmo was not on the minds of the majority of Americans who voted, not even the dolts who voted for Obama, most of them don't even know what gitmo is. Those who had probably assumed that closing gitmo meant something other than the outright release of the most dangerous detainees.

I understand your point, but it was one of his policies. You can thank Obama supporters for the release of these terrorists. Sorry, but that's reality. I don't think it would have happened under Romney. GWB also released inmates from Gitmo, a number of whom turned right back to their old ways after returning to Yemen and other countries.

Tom
01-01-2015, 03:04 PM
Voters re-elected Obama - he didn't hide his intentions to close Gitmo. It's democracy in action. The policy is dangerous, but it's what the majority of Americans wanted by re-electing Obama.

An assumption at best.
You give the Amercian voter far too much credit.
I think for many dem voters, the vote was simply a Black and White issue.

Saratoga_Mike
01-01-2015, 03:07 PM
I may give voters too much credit - valid pt. In any case, I want to hold Obama voters accountable.

Tom
01-01-2015, 04:00 PM
Oh, they are.
Most of them are proud of it...... :bang:

Clocker
01-01-2015, 04:10 PM
In any case, I want to hold Obama voters accountable.

I want to hold Obama accountable. Not only is nothing ever his fault, but the first he knows about any problems in the administration was when he hears about it in the media.

FantasticDan
01-01-2015, 06:11 PM
GWB also released inmates from Gitmo, a number of whom turned right back to their old ways after returning to Yemen and other countries.The majority of the 620 releases of Gitmo detainees were during the Bush admin. Of these releases, 17% were found to have re-engaged in terrorist activities, according to a national intelligence report.

Tom
01-01-2015, 09:51 PM
So then you agree Obama is being completely irresponsible by continuing to do what has been proven to be a bad mistake for this country, and probably even worse now, seeing he is releasing those even Bush thought to risky to let out?

classhandicapper
01-02-2015, 02:19 PM
So then you agree Obama is being completely irresponsible by continuing to do what has been proven to be a bad mistake for this country, and probably even worse now, seeing he is releasing those even Bush thought to risky to let out?

:ThmbUp:

IMO, Obama is either a traitor or the greatest incompetent to ever reach such political heights. I think back to my youth when I was liberal (it's true) and even then I would have thought he should be strung up for treason.