PDA

View Full Version : Again.......18 yr old suspect killed in Mo

JustRalph
12-24-2014, 03:48 AM
Berkeley Mo. Near Ferguson.

Gas station lot.....no details except threats to police all over twitter

Live stream

http://m.ustream.tv/channel/stackizshort?utm_campaign=JPER&utm_medium=FlashPlayer&utm_source=embed

JustRalph
12-24-2014, 04:13 AM
I'm sure this crime scene is sterile

http://instagram.com/p/w-9UiKSpOG/

DJofSD
12-24-2014, 08:34 AM
BBC is reporting a gun was pulled on the cops and commensurate force was used.

Tom
12-24-2014, 08:44 AM
Don't go confusing the ignorant people of Missouri with facts.
It was cop, dammit.....must be racial. Obama and Al told me so!

Just in time for last minute Christmas shopping!
Any liquor stores left in Ferguson?
And who will lite the yule log this year?

DJofSD
12-24-2014, 08:48 AM
It happened at a gas station.

I wonder if the 'hands up, don't shoot' crowd will torch it.

horses4courses
12-24-2014, 09:10 AM

Wouldn't you just love that?

DJofSD
12-24-2014, 09:19 AM
Wouldn't you just love that?
Likely not as much as you might.

JustRalph
12-24-2014, 10:02 AM

They torched the QT station across the street

The video that was released looks like a good shoot. The kid looks to have pulled a gun. Several on Twitter say his gun misfired........allowing the officer to live another day

DJofSD
12-24-2014, 10:14 AM
I've read it was a routine check of a business and there was two men contacted by the police.

So far, nothing mentioned about the 2nd person being detained and nothing about if they were there to get gas or anything else.

Any chance the cops foiled a potential robbery?

Tom
12-24-2014, 10:17 AM
Any chance the cops foiled a potential robbery?

Probably a lot of them, and worse.......

JustRalph
12-24-2014, 10:22 AM
Officer was answering larceny call.

Suspect matched description

DJofSD
12-24-2014, 10:26 AM
Thanks.

Larceny covers a lot of ground, such as armed robbery.

Do you have any specifics?

Valuist
12-24-2014, 11:01 AM
Not sure why a news outlet like Yahoo considers this news. You pull a gun on the cops and get shot? Guess what; you deserve it.

Clocker
12-24-2014, 11:12 AM
Not sure why a news outlet like Yahoo considers this news. You pull a gun on the cops and get shot? Guess what; you deserve it.

The fact that it happened a few miles from Ferguson, MO, has the media in a stir, apparently more so than the fact that a kid got killed.

Also, a crowd quickly gathered and began protesting. Cop cars were damaged and people were arrested.

More here. (http://hotair.com/archives/2014/12/24/another-police-shooting-in-missouri-two-miles-from-ferguson/)

Clocker
12-24-2014, 11:27 AM
Looks like the kid was on his way to choir practice.:rolleyes:

the 18-year-old had a considerable criminal record in the less than two years since he turned 17, with three assault charges, armed robbery, armed criminal action and unlawful use of a weapon.

AP Story (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_KILLINGS_BY_POLICE_BERKELEY?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-12-24-09-10-09)

DJofSD
12-24-2014, 11:30 AM
Obviously out getting some last minute gifts.

johnhannibalsmith
12-24-2014, 11:44 AM
If I could have written a hypothetical scenario to convey what was behind my post in the other thread, this probably could have been it. I don't get it. What are they protesting? The system, by every account that I have read, worked. Yet there they are protesting something, assured that the broken system has claimed another due to racism. How do you fix this now?

ReplayRandall
12-24-2014, 11:51 AM
If I could have written a hypothetical scenario to convey what was behind my post in the other thread, this probably could have been it. I don't get it. What are they protesting? The system, by every account that I have read, worked. Yet there they are protesting something, assured that the broken system has claimed another due to racism. How do you fix this now?

Not being flippant, but what makes you think this problem(racism) is fixable by some "system"?

magwell
12-24-2014, 12:02 PM
How long before the media will be calling the gunman a victim....?

Clocker
12-24-2014, 12:11 PM
How long before the media will be calling the gunman a victim....?

I'd say Friday. Sharpton and his fellow professional protestors aren't likely to get down there until then because of Xmas.

johnhannibalsmith
12-24-2014, 12:13 PM
I didn't mean to infer that if I have somehow.

jross0108
12-24-2014, 12:21 PM
"Belmar said the 18-year-old had a considerable criminal record in the less than two years since he turned 17, with three assault charges, armed robbery, armed criminal action and unlawful use of a weapon."

But i'm sure he was a really good kid, just misunderstood......

Marshall Bennett
12-24-2014, 12:23 PM
They're just looking for excuses to riot and destroy shit. Hopefully some looting will result and a Christmas bonus will come out of it.
No one in their right mind truly believes you can point a gun at a cop and not expect a bad ending. Even Sharpton as ignorant and ridiculous as he is knows better.
Though it won't happen, these animals need to be dealt with and eliminated. An example needs to be set before this gets out of hand entirely. Shoot to kill everyone of the sorry bastards that are seen destroying property. We don't need this shit in an otherwise civilized society.

TJDave
12-24-2014, 12:26 PM
three assault charges, two armed robbery, and an armed criminal action and unlawful use of a weapon."

Twelve Days of Christmas in the hood.

Tall One
12-24-2014, 12:29 PM
I'd say Friday. Sharpton and his fellow professional protestors aren't likely to get down there until then because of Xmas.

Don't worry, Clocker. Come Monday it'll be all hands on deck!

:rolleyes:

dartman51
12-24-2014, 12:34 PM
The fact that this kid, with his criminal record, was not sitting in prison, is proof that the system IS broken. :eek:

Tom
12-24-2014, 12:48 PM
Looks like the kid was on his way to choir practice.:rolleyes:

Yup. They are all singing the same song these days.

Tom
12-24-2014, 12:49 PM
Don't worry, Clocker. Come Monday it'll be all hands on deck!

:rolleyes:

You know, showing up every night to demonstrate is as close as most of these vermin have ever come to having a real job.

Tom
12-24-2014, 12:52 PM
How do you fix this now?

Whack-a-mole.
Keep shooting them as they pop up.
We need to get a hold of some big cee-gars!

OntheRail
12-24-2014, 01:15 PM
The fact that this kid, with his criminal record, was not sitting in prison, is proof that the system IS broken. :eek:
That's the truth.... They steal... System wags a finger at them. Robbery... System slap their wrist and frowns. It sends the wrong message... "We Can Do NO Wrong". So they run A-muck... pressing their luck thinking the Law does not apply to em' or has no implications.

Clocker
12-24-2014, 01:26 PM
You know, showing up every night to demonstrate is as close as most of these vermin have ever come to having a real job.

I think for some of them it really is a job. On the sign in the picture, you see "ANSWER Coalition". Similar signs were prominent at NYC demonstrations. This is apparently a full time protest organization that shows up at just about any demonstrations against government or authority. They regularly protest against the US involvement in the middle east, against Israeli treatment of Palestinians, and against US treatment of Cuba.

They are very secretive about their funding.

http://www.dupagedemocrats.com/cms2/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/stop-police-terror.jpg (http://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/protest5.jpg?w=360&h=280&crop=1)

TJDave
12-24-2014, 01:47 PM
They are very secretive about their funding.

I don't doubt that most of their financing comes from private donors in the Arab/Muslim states. The coalition was formed after 9/11 to protest us going to war. I think the primary objective is Islamist. All the other stuff is window dressing.

Clocker
12-24-2014, 01:54 PM
All the other stuff is window dressing.

Or propaganda to make the US look like an intolerant bully to the rest of the world. Especially the non-white world.

And I agree that their focus and most probable source of funding is the Middle East.

TJDave
12-24-2014, 02:16 PM
Or propaganda to make the US look like an intolerant bully to the rest of the world. Especially the non-white world.

You also have to make it palatable to those who do the heavy lifting... Principled white kids. :rolleyes:

I see they threw Leonard Peltier in the mix. That's enough to give any Trotskyite a stiffy.

HUSKER55
12-24-2014, 04:24 PM
I wonder what would happen if they had to police their own? Maybe have rev al do a ride along...at night!

ReplayRandall
12-24-2014, 04:43 PM
That's enough to give any Trotskyite a stiffy.

Didn't Honor Blackman use that line in a Bond movie?....:cool:

jballscalls
12-24-2014, 05:15 PM
I wonder what would happen if they had to police their own? Maybe have rev al do a ride along...at night!

who is they? blacks or dems?

JustRalph
12-24-2014, 06:06 PM
Shortly after it happen the Daily KOS called it a murder by cops.

Huffington post also posted that another "murder" had occurred

I took a screen capture of the KOS site.

They were both getting info from people claiming to be on the scene, via Twitter. Including one guy who said he was "the friend" that ran from the scene. Both sites quoted these Twitter handles and were feeding off each other. As soon as the pictures with the gun showed up, they scrubbed their pages.

Yahoo news also called the suspect "another police murder victim" until the pictures of the gun showed up. Presto chango, scrubbed also.

HUSKER55
12-24-2014, 06:17 PM
who is they? blacks or dems?

those protesters that think the cops are wrong.

jballscalls
12-24-2014, 06:22 PM
those protesters that think the cops are wrong.

oh ok. got it.

JustRalph
12-24-2014, 06:46 PM
Protestors arrived throwing large firecrackers or flash bangs

horses4courses
12-24-2014, 07:19 PM
All false?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5qOl1KIcAAriQb.png

davew
12-24-2014, 07:26 PM
All false?

just most of post

HANDS UP DON"T SHOOT ME
AS I POINT A GUN AT YOU

Clocker
12-24-2014, 07:33 PM
Another version
All false?

Another version, well documented, from a highly reliable source. Looks about as accurate as the Daily Kos report above.

Do you really expect anyone to give this any credibility?

horses4courses
12-24-2014, 07:53 PM
Do you really expect anyone to give this any credibility?

Well, I know you won't.
Surveillance video should show what happened.

Clocker
12-24-2014, 08:12 PM
Well, I know you won't.

Your "source" is laughable on the face of it. Where are the multiple witnesses that say he was unarmed? Why aren't they all over the moonbat media?

Where are all the pictures that were posted on social media showing no gun? Did the Berkeley, MO, police hack Facebook and take them down? Why haven't the mother and girl friend, allegedly at the scene, appeared in the media to tell their side?

It has been nearly 24 hours. Where is a shred of evidence that the official story is a lie?

Please tell us that you don't really believe this, and that you are just trolling.

JustRalph
12-24-2014, 08:14 PM
Well, I know you won't.

The video has been out for hours

Tom
12-24-2014, 08:15 PM
But not the jury.

JustRalph
12-24-2014, 08:41 PM
Good report with video

From NBCNews.com... http://www.nbcnews.com/watch/nightly-news/berkeley-police-say-teen-pulled-gun-before-officer-killed-him-376859203556 Berkeley Police Say Teen Pulled Gun Before Officer Killed Him

Sent from my iPad

horses4courses
12-24-2014, 08:52 PM
Your "source" is laughable on the face of it. Where are the multiple witnesses that say he was unarmed? Why aren't they all over the moonbat media?

Where are all the pictures that were posted on social media showing no gun? Did the Berkeley, MO, police hack Facebook and take them down? Why haven't the mother and girl friend, allegedly at the scene, appeared in the media to tell their side?

It has been nearly 24 hours. Where is a shred of evidence that the official story is a lie?

Please tell us that you don't really believe this, and that you are just trolling.

I don't believe it....just putting it out there.
I haven't seen the video, but I understand it does not include the shooting.
There's no way that can be shown, at least not at this point.

JustRalph
12-24-2014, 08:59 PM
I don't believe it....just putting it out there.
I haven't seen the video, but I understand it does not include the shooting.
There's no way that can be shown, at least not at this point.

The video freezes as the kid points the gun at the officer

Sources say the chief of police decided not to release the whole thing for the sake of the kids family.

The outcry may force him to release it. It will come out eventually

horses4courses
12-24-2014, 09:27 PM
There can be no doubt about this one.
Kid got what he deserved. Lucky that the officer made it out alive.

AtrDVbObunw

JustRalph
12-24-2014, 10:22 PM
cut and dry

woodtoo
12-24-2014, 10:39 PM
cut and dry

Thanks Ralph

Valuist
12-24-2014, 11:38 PM
"Belmar said the 18-year-old had a considerable criminal record in the less than two years since he turned 17, with three assault charges, armed robbery, armed criminal action and unlawful use of a weapon."

But i'm sure he was a really good kid, just misunderstood......

Isn't that always the theme?

PaceAdvantage
12-25-2014, 03:11 AM
It's quite sad that it has come to the point where without instant video and/or photographic evidence, some now believe that every black man shot by police was some sort of innocent bystander who was guilty of only one thing - having dark skin.

All of what has happened this past year will only make life as a black person far more difficult when it comes to police interactions. So instead of trying to peacefully and intelligently solve whatever problems there might be, protesters and black advocates have done only one thing well...antagonize the very people you claim are hostile to you in the first place.

Smart move. :rolleyes:

JustRalph
12-25-2014, 05:37 AM
It's quite sad that it has come to the point where without instant video and/or photographic evidence, some now believe that every black man shot by police was some sort of innocent bystander who was guilty of only one thing - having dark skin.

All of what has happened this past year will only make life as a black person far more difficult when it comes to police interactions. So instead of trying to peacefully and intelligently solve whatever problems there might be, protesters and black advocates have done only one thing well...antagonize the very people you claim are hostile to you in the first place.

Smart move. :rolleyes:

It's exactly what they did with gun control last year. Resulting in more guns being sold than at any other point in history. Laws were changed to protect gun owners. Concealed carry was expanded in many states. Gun companies abandoned anti gun states. In Colorado the anti gun politicians were recalled. People lost jobs in anti gun states. Open carry laws will be passed this coming year. All in a backlash fashion.

As Doctor Phil might say "how's that working for you? "

Btw, the one thing the anti police folks are screaming for is more cameras. Body cams etc. This is going to backfire also. The true nature and behavior of the people police officers deal with will be on parade. I predict it will be a net positive for police though.

It will take 18 months or more for body cams to become ubiquitous. Then we will go through a period where these videos will become the goto evidence to judge people on. I predict that after about a year of videos where the police are mostly right, people on the street will adjust their treatment of police officers assuming they are on tape. That's a good thing for cops.

Marshall Bennett
12-25-2014, 05:53 AM
It's hard to even imagine a die-hard liberal defending a punk aiming a gun at a cop.

JustRalph
12-25-2014, 07:04 AM
Ladie and Gents: I give you Chloe........

tucker6
12-25-2014, 08:50 AM
Chloe and her ilk will be running the country some day. Hope I'm dead by then.

woodtoo
12-25-2014, 10:04 AM
Two new videos out showing P.O. retreating and falling after shooting.

HUSKER55
12-25-2014, 10:10 AM
Ladie and Gents: I give you Chloe........

I think the time has come to reinstate the draft and make everyone high school graduate serve 4 years and 1 tour of duty before they can attend any post high school classes.

That might be the best way to get rid of all this bullshit.

horses4courses
12-25-2014, 10:23 AM
I think the time has come to reinstate the draft and make everyone high school graduate serve 4 years and 1 tour of duty before they can attend any post high school classes.

You think you have seen protests before?

TJDave
12-25-2014, 10:35 AM
http://i.imgur.com/nfp2jgN.png

jross0108
12-25-2014, 10:40 AM
As Ron White said, "You can't fix stupid"

DJofSD
12-25-2014, 11:19 AM
As Ron White said, "You can't fix stupid"
But, there is a difference between stupidity and ignorance. And, the majority of people are not stupid, so, they must be ignorant and very likely they are by choice.

FantasticDan
12-25-2014, 11:22 AM
Here's the original photo, in case anyone's interested.. :rolleyes: :bang:

http://www.eurweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/jay-z-i-cant-breathe-t-shirts-e1418282818872.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/nfp2jgN.png

jballscalls
12-25-2014, 12:01 PM

http://www.eurweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/jay-z-i-cant-breathe-t-shirts-e1418282818872.jpg

dan never let reality get in the way of a funny story!

Marshall Bennett
12-25-2014, 12:21 PM
Odds are, none of the five knew how to spell it anyway before getting the shirt. So it's all irrelevant. Save your breath. :cool:

DJofSD
12-25-2014, 12:25 PM
TY. I can breathe more easily now.

Marshall Bennett
12-25-2014, 12:28 PM
You're really a fighter, Dan. I admire your dedication in your support of this modern-day black movement.
It's a shame you weren't born black. At least then your ignorance might go unnoticed by most whites that don't support it. :)

davew
12-25-2014, 12:33 PM

There is no doubt that one of those pics has been photo shopped, but which one? If it is the sans E one, they did a hell of a job putting in the shirt folds and shadows....

thaskalos
12-25-2014, 12:37 PM

Easy to say when one is nearing retirement age. :)

jballscalls
12-25-2014, 12:38 PM
There is no doubt that one of those pics has been photo shopped, but which one? If it is the sans E one, they did a hell of a job putting in the shirt folds and shadows....

the ones with the E are centered correctly, the ones without it some reason the word Breath starts way left of "can't" and then ends in the same place. So along with being poor spellers, the designers ability to center words is bad too.

Clocker
12-25-2014, 12:55 PM
So instead of trying to peacefully and intelligently solve whatever problems there might be, protesters and black advocates have done only one thing well...antagonize the very people you claim are hostile to you in the first place.

This has become a small but growing profit center for Al Sharpton and his ilk. They have built a mob mentality among the supposed liberal elite who go to great lengths to find racism in every nook and cranny of the land. It is hardly a coincidence that this growth industry has developed under the aegis of Eric Holder and Barack Obama. Holder's racism is so blatant as to be laughable. Obama is a bit more subtle, but just about every time he gets personally involved in a situation, it involves a black (starting with "the Cambridge police acted stupidly") and it involves a lecture from him about racism in this country.

And it is all based on lies fostered by Sharpton and Holder and Obama, and the media is starting to see that the emperors have no clothes.

Since last summer, a lie has overtaken significant parts of the country, resulting in growing mass hysteria. That lie holds that the police pose a mortal threat to black Americans—indeed that the police are the greatest threat facing black Americans today. Several subsidiary untruths buttress that central myth: that the criminal-justice system is biased against blacks; that the black underclass doesn’t exist; and that crime rates are comparable between blacks and whites—leaving disproportionate police action in minority neighborhoods unexplained without reference to racism. The poisonous effect of those lies has now manifested itself in the cold-blooded assassination of two NYPD officers.

The highest reaches of American society promulgated these untruths and participated in the mass hysteria. Following a grand jury’s decision not to indict a Ferguson, Missouri, police officer for fatally shooting 18-year-old Michael Brown in August (Brown had attacked the officer and tried to grab his gun), President Barack Obama announced that blacks were right to believe that the criminal-justice system was often stacked against them. Obama has traveled around the country since then buttressing that message. Eric Holder escalated a long running theme of his tenure as U.S. Attorney General—that the police routinely engaged in racial profiling and needed federal intervention to police properly.

Full story here. (http://www.city-journal.org/2014/eon1222hm.html)

TJDave
12-25-2014, 01:02 PM
Here's the original photo, in case anyone's interested.

Dam, I was dewped!

Marshall Bennett
12-25-2014, 01:24 PM
the ones with the E are centered correctly, the ones without it some reason the word Breath starts way left of "can't" and then ends in the same place. So along with being poor spellers, the designers ability to center words is bad too.
This obviously explains the joke. Only Dan would take it to heart and jump all over it, hook,line & sinker.

horses4courses
12-25-2014, 01:51 PM
This obviously explains the joke. Only Dan would take it to heart and jump all over it, hook,line & sinker.

Just depends on your sense of humor, I guess :rolleyes:

Tom
12-25-2014, 05:31 PM
It's hard to even imagine a die-hard liberal defending a punk aiming a gun at a cop.

No that hard.
Hundreds of them were chanting for it this week.
I was chanting for a runaway Mac Truck.

jballscalls
12-25-2014, 10:02 PM
the new theory is that he was pulling out his phone cause on one of the tapes you see what looks like a light in his hand. that's what the protestor folks are saying at least

davew
12-25-2014, 10:53 PM
the new theory is that he was pulling out his phone cause on one of the tapes you see what looks like a light in his hand. that's what the protestor folks are saying at least

.and he was raising his hands like requested... they just stop the video when they are half way up...

JustRalph
12-25-2014, 11:51 PM

Yeah, cops always instinctively dive backwards out of the way, onto their back, and start shooting every time somebody points a phone at them.

Clocker
12-26-2014, 12:23 AM
Yeah, cops always instinctively dive backwards out of the way, onto their back, and start shooting every time somebody points a phone at them.

Those new 9mm smart phones are scary looking. An understandable mistake on his part. :rolleyes:

Marshall Bennett
12-26-2014, 04:20 AM
His gun was found at the scene. Which hand was the gun in and which one the phone? Oh wait, he meant to point the phone, but instead pointed the gun. No wait, he held the gun in the other hand and pointed his phone.
Stupid shit..

Tom
12-26-2014, 08:42 AM
The kid was stupid and got shot.
HE started the chain of events and HE paid the price.

What's the problem here?
The cop took a gun off the streets, isn't that what you libs want?

HUSKER55
12-26-2014, 01:43 PM
Easy to say when one is nearing retirement age. :)

does not mean I am wrong....grateful..maybe :D

JustRalph
12-26-2014, 04:20 PM
The kid was stupid and got shot.
HE started the chain of events and HE paid the price.

What's the problem here?
The cop took a gun off the streets, isn't that what you libs want?

I think the kid didn't know his weapon. He failed to de-activate the safety or it mis-fired or something along that line. That officer was very lucky.

Tom
12-26-2014, 04:47 PM
In this day and age, with the Sharpton Zombie armies off the leash and lone wolf terrorists, a cops is wise to shoot first and ask questions later. People who fail to appreciate this are the one we want to thin from the herd.

This punk was no loss. Society is better off without him.

Clocker
12-26-2014, 05:00 PM
I think the kid didn't know his weapon. He failed to de-activate the safety or it mis-fired or something along that line. That officer was very lucky.

The weapon appears to be a Hi-Point C9. From the linked review (http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/05/benjamin-t-shotzberger/gun-review-hi-point-c9-9mm-pistol/):

The Hi-Point C9 ships with a rear Ghost-ring sight. Too bad that extra bit of plastic wasn’t added to the nearly-impossible-to-operate-from-a-firing-grip safety. Hi-Point calls it the “quick on/off thumb safety.” Operating the switch is about as fast as a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter uphill. In January. Flicking the safety requires a good deal of effort; it must be pressed firmly, like a square peg through a round hole. Worse, it can be left at any degree of on/off while you’re manipulating it.

JustRalph
12-26-2014, 05:13 PM
I am waiting to see where they trace the gun to. I am wondering why we haven't heard anything about the guy who ran away?

Clocker
12-26-2014, 05:28 PM
I am waiting to see where they trace the gun to. I am wondering why we haven't heard anything about the guy who ran away?

I think I read that there had been an attempt to obliterate the serial number. It might take a while in a lab to get it. I'd guess the kid bought it on the street or borrowed it from someone that did.

MONEY
12-26-2014, 07:13 PM

Or maybe it was suicide by cop.