PDA

View Full Version : A politically incorrect observation about Richard Sherman

mountainman
12-22-2014, 09:35 AM
While I realize it's become obligatory to preface any criticism of Richard Sherman by acknowledging his academic achievements and alluding to his presumed intelligence, he doesn't strike me as a sharp guy at all. Instead, he seems surprisingly inarticulate for a Stanford honors grad who has obviously rehearsed those public remarks intended to rattle the status quo.

My primary criticism, in fact, of his infamous "interview" with a cardboard fellow seahawk doesn't concern the message, but merely the execution. The whole thing was confusing to start with, and Sherman's halting delivery of rambling, rhetorical questions was embarrassing just to watch.

Hey Richard, save the mischievous, self-congratulatory smile for when (and if) your point is well-made and delivered. And try not to hyperventilate and jump ahead of yourself when attempting controversial remarks.

Robert Fischer
12-22-2014, 07:09 PM
I want to agree with you , but I feel all these conflicting social pressures ;).

Are we allowed to question this stuff?

Stillriledup
12-22-2014, 08:45 PM
I do have to wonder how much of what he does is "for the show" remember, above all else, he's an entertainer first and an athlete second. You don't make as much money as an entertainer if nobody has heard of you...so being someone that everyone has heard of is smart business.

I think if Richard rubs some people the wrong way, he's doing his job as an entertainer pretty well.