PDA

View Full Version : Kerry Thoughts...

sq764
05-09-2004, 08:43 AM
I am not a political activity, nor do I have strong views on politics by any means.. BUT.. After watching Kerry speak and hear his views and platforms.. HOLY SHIT.. If this man is voted into office, I may be forced to take my family to another country.

I am not a huge Bush fan, pretty much neutral on the job he has done, but when I think about Kerry being in office, it scares the living shit out of me.

I have not voted in the last 2 elections, so I don't have any right to comment on the job Bush or Clinton did, but this election has forced me to head out and vote against Kerry. This guy would signal doom for our country..

kenwoodallpromos
05-09-2004, 11:32 AM
The system is set up to keep people from having full information, details, or the right to complain. Both sides try to pull influence too far to their side for fear that the other side will pull things too far the other way. Almost all americans are in the middle on most issues, with small differences.
You can register and as long as you vote every other November in the General Election you are still on the rolls and do not have to re-register. You only have to vote on one issue or for one candidate to remain on the rolls. There are almost always taxes to vote against or incumbents to vote out if nothing else. Your state representative votes on laws concerning horseracing and members of your state horseracing board, so tell your own state politicians your views.
As to Kerry- I vote 3rd party for Gov and Pres so I complain about both sides. Kerry married into $500 million big business, so I say he is economically going to do whatever the socio-economic elite want him to do, just like Bush is doing. i have no idea what his real stance on world affairs is, except he wants cheap labor and "free" trade like all pres. since Carter.
I personally have decided I cannot vote for Bush who is ignoring my economic class, and I will not vote for Kerry because North Korea wants him in and Kerry admitted doing war crimes.
That leaves Nader who wants us out of Iraq now. That will be fine with me because either way Jan 20, 2005 we need to be done or else out anyway.

JustRalph
05-09-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by kenwoodallpromos
I personally have decided I cannot vote for Bush who is ignoring my economic class, and I will not vote for Kerry because North Korea wants him in and Kerry admitted doing war crimes.

Hey Ken..... can you explain the "economic class" deal?

aren't your taxes lower than they were when Clinton was in office?

sq764
05-09-2004, 02:49 PM
"aren't your taxes lower than they were when Clinton was in office?"

Unfortunately, so is his stock portfolio..

kenwoodallpromos
05-10-2004, 10:40 AM
I make under $30.000 per year. Bush busted the budget to specifically help those who make much more than I do. Busting the budget is the part I did not like, since I have no stocks or kids I do not benefit as much as others.

JustRalph
05-10-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by sq764
"aren't your taxes lower than they were when Clinton was in office?"Unfortunately, so is his stock portfolio..

if this was a batch file I would write

goto mypreviouspost

all kidding aside.......another victim of the over inflated dot com boom and the craziness that went on in the market in the 90's

I got my money out in time.....maybe a little early actually. But I still have the profits........and being late was fatal. If you couldn't read what was going to happen, you were blind. And if you relied on a broker.......or some other maven of the market.....
you were a sitting duck for their commissions. Oh yeah.....I think the market is actually up 35% in the last two years.......anybody want to give Bush Credit for that?

chickenhead
05-10-2004, 06:08 PM
isn't it funny how when the market goes down 50%, and then up 50%, you've still lost a whole bunch of money?

I hate percentages....

Tom
05-12-2004, 10:34 PM
So a bill to extend unemployment insurance was jsut defeated narrowly in the Senate. A close vote with the American families ability to buy food and shelter on the line...where whas Kerry for the vote?
In the halls of the Senate drumming up support?
On the Senate floor campaigning for needed assistance to the people he has pledged to represent?
No.....he was a NSNV...No show/No vote.
His personal campaign was more improtant to him than the stipend that the working stiffs need so badly. Yep. Kerry, good for America. Uh huh. Out there working for you. Right.
He is applying for the highest job in the whole country while he is cheating on the job he already has. Denying his constiuients thier representation in the Senate. My kind of guy.
SLaggert.

kenwoodallpromos
05-13-2004, 03:29 AM
Anyone know if Kerry showed up to view the abuse pix with the others in the USA Senate?

Secretariat
05-14-2004, 05:15 PM
It appears that another First Responders group (the police) have dropped Bush and are endorsing Kerry.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040514/ap_on_el_pr/kerry_36

Secretariat
05-16-2004, 10:16 PM
I've been watching this ad about Kerry being weak on defense on TV, and listening to others here. I guess we've never discussed Mr. Cheyney's hypocrisy relating to some of those programs.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2004/04/29/cheneys_past_defense_cuts_questioned/

JustRalph
05-16-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Secretariat
It appears that another First Responders group (the police) have dropped Bush and are endorsing Kerry.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040514/ap_on_el_pr/kerry_36

take it from a former police union member...........

the Union is never on the level with the the true first responders.............the cops and fireman always disagree with the political endorsements of their unions. The guys at the top of the chain only care about who promises them the most money.....it doesn't surprise me that they endorsed Kerry.......