PDA

View Full Version : 2 NYPD cops killed

JustRalph
12-20-2014, 05:08 PM
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/12/20/sources-2-police-officers-shot-in-brooklyn/

Another Lone Wolf?

http://7online.com/news/ap-1-nypd-officer-dead-another-critical-after-brooklyn-shooting/444963/

JustRalph
12-20-2014, 05:46 PM
http://nypost.com/2014/12/20/2-nypd-cops-shot-execution-style-in-brooklyn/

Revenge for Garner

nijinski
12-20-2014, 06:06 PM
Just doing their jobs outside a public housing project . Very tragic .

JustRalph
12-20-2014, 06:13 PM
Rev Al anticipating a backlash

FocusWiz
12-20-2014, 06:17 PM
Not sure if we are supposed to be aware of this, but many of the marchers who were exercising their frustration with the justice system in New York the past few weeks were shouting, "What do we want? Dead Cops! When do we want them? Now."

As wrong as the lack of an indictment in New York may have been ("May have" because I do not know the evidence nor the specifics of the law with regard to a Police Officer violating procedure and I believe his actions were a violation of civil [and human] rights rather than a specific act of homicide and I am sick of the current opinion that "resisting arrest" is okay as long as you believe you have not committed any crime or you are totally innocent [e.g., Henry Louis Gates]), I still think it is wrong to condemn (or praise) one group because of the actions of a few. To me, that is bigotry; something that I believe we have been battling as long as I have been alive in this country.

JustRalph
12-20-2014, 06:20 PM
Rev Al already has announced a press conference for tomorrow

He is going to ride this baby for all it's worth

Robert Fischer
12-20-2014, 06:28 PM
Cowardly acts. :ThmbDown:

Tom
12-20-2014, 07:06 PM
Sharpton has less class than the rats in NYC.
Who but this lowlife would capitalize on the deaths of two cops?
Is there a more worthless POS shit than this racist opportunist?

Are you lone wolf nuts out there listening?

nijinski
12-20-2014, 07:35 PM
Sharpton has less class than the rats in NYC.
Who but this lowlife would capitalize on the deaths of two cops?
Is there a more worthless POS shit than this racist opportunist?

Are you lone wolf nuts out there listening?

The mayor should ask him to take his circus act elsewhere. That will never
happen though with the cast of characters in office now .

My prayers for all the good city cops right now . They need all the support
they can get . Those who were aggressive against them in protest should
should stand in their shoes in some of the crime infested neighborhoods
they cover .

FocusWiz
12-20-2014, 07:41 PM
The mayor should ask him to take his circus act elsewhere.I agree. I have never seen two circuses land in the same town in the same week. The mayor is enough of a circus act.

JustRalph
12-20-2014, 07:45 PM
From the PBA

"Starting IMMEDIATELY- At least two units are to respond to EVERY call, no matter the condition or severity, no matter what type of job is pending, or what the opinion of the patrol supervisor happens to be. IN ADDITION: Absolutely NO enforcement action in the form of arrests and or summonses is to be taken unless absolutely necessary and an individual MUST be placed under arrest. These are precautions that were taken in the 1970’s when Police Officers were ambushed and executed on a regular basis. The mayors hands are literally dripping with our blood because of his words actions and policies and we have, for the first time in a number of years, become a “wartime” police department. We will act accordingly.

FORWARD MESSAGE IN ITS ENTIRETY TO ANY AND ALL MOS"

This will be a turning point for this Mayor

Clocker
12-20-2014, 07:50 PM
Every cloud has a little silver lining:

Authorities said the suspect in the shooting ran inside a subway station and fatally shot himself in the head.

JustRalph
12-20-2014, 07:56 PM
I wonder how many school papers will call for delayed finals?

FocusWiz
12-20-2014, 08:11 PM
Honestly, the families of New York City police officers are probably quite traumatized by these events. The officers can't not do what their job requires, but they get no support from the mayor and the national press believes they are all out to get the blacks (except Fox News...but their denial just gives the other side more plausibility in the eyes of many).

I know several officers; some with young families. While the death benefits might be relatively good, they do not replace a loved one's presence. I can imagine some of these kids hearing about this and having nightmares.

The folks who are traumatized by the thought of a person dying at the hands of a police officer trying to apprehend an assailant who is resisting arrest could never be as traumatized as a child who worries that Daddy or Mommy might never come home again each time they leave for work because some bigots believe every peace officer is a racist and they want all police dead.

JustRalph
12-20-2014, 08:29 PM
This guy was a Baltimore gang member who killed his girlfriend and drove up to NY to kill cops

Several arrests according to different sources. Mug shot from Atlanta circulating too.

It will be interesting to see if he's on parole etc

Clocker
12-20-2014, 08:38 PM
This is really bringing some scumbag liberals out of the sewers:

http://twitchy.com/2014/12/20/can-they-breathe-execution-style-killing-of-two-nypd-officers-celebrated-salute-the-shooter/

FocusWiz
12-20-2014, 08:40 PM
This guy was a Baltimore gang member who killed his girlfriend and drove up to NY to kill cops

Several arrests according to different sources. Mug shot from Atlanta circulating too.

It will be interesting to see if he's on parole etcPerhaps Sharpton will note that the Police killed a man for walking in the middle of a street, they killed a man for selling cigarettes, but this man had to kill himself.

JustRalph
12-20-2014, 09:02 PM
Cops turned their backs on de Blasio when he entered press conference

They elected a ****ing communist.......why would they expect support?

JustRalph
12-20-2014, 09:13 PM
From the PBA

"Starting IMMEDIATELY- At least two units are to respond to EVERY call, no matter the condition or severity, no matter what type of job is pending, or what the opinion of the patrol supervisor happens to be. IN ADDITION: Absolutely NO enforcement action in the form of arrests and or summonses is to be taken unless absolutely necessary and an individual MUST be placed under arrest. These are precautions that were taken in the 1970’s when Police Officers were ambushed and executed on a regular basis. The mayors hands are literally dripping with our blood because of his words actions and policies and we have, for the first time in a number of years, become a “wartime” police department. We will act accordingly.

FORWARD MESSAGE IN ITS ENTIRETY TO ANY AND ALL MOS"

This will be a turning point for this Mayor

This statement is now being retracted? Pictures of it being posted from texts that cops received on their phones. Looks like there is some dissension in the union ranks

Clocker
12-20-2014, 09:14 PM
Cops turned their backs on de Blasio when he entered press conference

They elected a ****ing communist.......why would they expect support?

It's a good thing the funerals aren't going to stir up any ill feelings.

JustRalph
12-20-2014, 09:36 PM
Says it all.....

magwell
12-20-2014, 09:48 PM
If rev AL and mayor Bill are not toast after this, then things may get "WAY UGLY"..........

FantasticDan
12-20-2014, 09:55 PM
What about the NYC Police Commish, is he toast too? He's met with Sharpton for two decades and had this to say about him: "He's a very significant leader and voice for people who feel that they don't have a voice and they've been disenfranchised."

horses4courses
12-20-2014, 10:02 PM
So, let's try to understand what has taken place here.
This tragedy was brought about by a lone gunman
who brutally shot down 2 defenseless police officers
sitting in a patrol car.
The gunman later killed himself in a nearby subway.

These heinous acts aren't always the work of left wing sympathizers,
now are they? That brutal episode in Las Vegas comes to mind,
where two right wing whack jobs gunned down officers taking a break.

My point is this - people who are out of their minds do crazy things.
Regardless of their politics. Who is to say that today's assassin wasn't
completely insane, and not a so-called Garner sympathizer, as OP maintains?

The OP wants to make an example of everyone on the Left for cop deaths.
It's pathetic, really, but I wouldn't expect much else.

What was wrong with what de Blasio said afterwards?
How the hell else is he supposed to react?
Oh yeah, he is left wing scum and there must be blood on his hands.
Typical right winger lies and over-reaction. Post goofy pic of him and Al.

When a police officer is murdered, it tears at the foundation of our society," de Blasio said. "It is an attack on the very concept of decency."

horses4courses
12-20-2014, 10:06 PM

It will be interesting to see if he's on parole etc

He purposely drove to NY to kill cops.
Proof of this, or just guessing?

Barracks O'Bama ‏@P0TUS 7m7 minutes ago
Teabags have decided that the #NYPD cop-killer represents...something. But not Eric Frein, or Cliven Bundy, or Tim McVeigh, or... #tcot

horses4courses
12-20-2014, 10:07 PM
I wonder how many school papers will call for delayed finals?

and your the guy who keeps telling me to get a grip after the election.
My, my, my.......... :rolleyes:

FocusWiz
12-20-2014, 10:24 PM
If you read through the internet comments this past few weeks from both the anti-black and anti-police groups, this is something very ready to erupt (or perhaps already has) in a very bad way.

Our "leaders," rather than trying to calm things, are making veiled comments implying they favor one group over another and also allowing destruction of property of un-involved storekeepers because they see looting as justified. The news media is adding fuel to the fire by highlighting acts of abuse by officers and paraphrasing statistics that support their anti-police bias (while ignoring anything supporting the view that most police officers are just trying to keep the peace and protect and serve the people they are sworn to protect).

It is almost a glaring oversight that no one mentioned that the officer who bought eggs for the shoplifter was a white officer helping [not shooting or choking]) the needy black woman. Not sure if it was a Freudian slip from the fellow who took the phone video when he saidHe just approached it like, you know, "I'm gonna talk to her and see what's going on and assess the situation," you know, and see what's going on first besides attacking her and I thought it was pretty cool. Perhaps an "attack" was what the fellow was hoping to catch. The media did not play up the racial aspect of this good deed.

There are good police officers. There are good firemen. There are good doctors. There are good lawyers. There are good actors. There are good singers. There are good businessmen. We have even had a couple of good Presidents. The news seems to focus on "good" only in the entertainment industry while concentrating on the bad in all the other areas.

This is a very dangerous situation. I sincerely hope that Sharpton does not start calling for calm now that he has stirred everything up to a frenzy. The media will not blame him for the trouble he has instigated, but will suggest sainthood if he tries to come off as a peacemaker.

FocusWiz
12-20-2014, 10:29 PM
He purposely drove to NY to kill cops.
Proof of this, or just guessing?This is just wild supposition on Ralph's part. It was likely a mistake, just like his shooting of himself was also likely a mistake. He probably did not even know the gun was loaded. Anyone putting this on the internet would have to be joking:I'm putting wings on a pig today. They take 1 of ours..... Let's take 2 of theirs #ShootThePolice #RIPErivGardner #RIPMikeBrown This may be my final post, I'm putting pigs in a blanket [in the caption of a handgun]That Brinley! What a kidder! Always joking!

horses4courses
12-20-2014, 10:34 PM
This is just wild supposition on Ralph's part. It was likely a mistake, just like his shooting of himself was also likely a mistake. He probably did not even know the gun was loaded. Anyone putting this on the internet would have to be joking:That Brinley! What a kidder! Always joking!

Another insane person with a gun.
Blame all liberals.

FocusWiz
12-20-2014, 10:38 PM
Another insane person with a gun.
Blame all liberals.Thanks. I did not say a word against liberals. You need to understand that there are good liberals and bad liberals. There are good conservatives and bad conservatives. You do not seem to understand that some people do not see all conservatives or all liberals as all good or all bad.

Not every good or bad deed can be categorized as liberal or conservative or Republican or Democrat. I wish the world were that simple.

Clocker
12-20-2014, 10:54 PM
So, let's try to understand what has taken place here.
This tragedy was brought about by a lone gunman
who brutally shot down 2 defenseless police officers
sitting in a patrol car.
The gunman later killed himself in a nearby subway.

These heinous acts aren't always the work of left wing sympathizers,
now are they?

The reactions here are not about a mad man, they are about the anti-police atmosphere that feeds that madness.

What do we want? Dead cops.
When do we want it? Now.

That's not from the guy that shot the cops, that's from "peaceful protesters". The "Black lives matter" demonstrations are inane and without factual basis. They may not have caused this particular mad man to go over the edge, but they certainly didn't help. And the reactions here are about the mindset that the police are guilty until proven innocent. That also may have nothing to do directly with this tragedy, but it certainly did nothing to help the situation.

FocusWiz
12-20-2014, 11:22 PM
You are on target with your comments, Clocker.

And just to clarify, my anti-Sharpton comment is not condemning liberals, it is condemning Al Sharpton. He is almost passive-agressive in his behavior. It is almost as if he exhibits Munchausen Syndrome. Like the fireman who sets fires so he can extinguish them or the programmer who inserts defects into his code so that he can find bugs, Al Sharpton is an instigator of the negative feelings any of us can have against the "establishment" and a leader of the protests against both the real and imagined atrocities. While his actions have encouraged improved conditions for many, his antics have often worsened relations that were struggling to improve.

My comment was that if he comes off as a peacemaker, it will be to reduce the unrest that he has fostered. Condoning his actions will only encourage him to repeat this behavior in the future.

As an aside, so you understand my biases, I am a "minority" member (as is the majority of America), but I am not one that matters. Blacks and Whites both feel free to attack my ethnic group. From Jerry Lewis to Rosie O'Donnell to Shaquille O'Neill to John McCain, we bring out the racism in liberal and conservative, Republican and Democrat, Black and White. Not a surprise that one of the dead officers was from my ethnic background.

JustRalph
12-20-2014, 11:23 PM
De Blasio and Sharpton spoke in support of protestors who carried signs calling for the murder of cops. They also chanted that they wanted "dead cops"

The police commissioner did not speak in support of these protests.

The Baltimore police were already looking for the guy for murdering his girlfriend and transmitted a warning to NYPD about the same time he shot the cops. This is being reported widely.

The same people who blamed Sarah Palin for "targeting a political race" in the Gabby Giffords shooting are attempting to absolve de Blasio and Sharpton who supported actual calls for murdering cops.

Duplicity as usual.

Clocker
12-20-2014, 11:29 PM
You are on target with your comments, Clocker.

Don't say "target". It induces gun-grabbing spasms in liberals. :p

FocusWiz
12-20-2014, 11:32 PM
Don't say "target". It induces gun-grabbing spasms in liberals. :pYikes. Sorry.

I should have said:

Your comments are appropriate and have merit.

I don't want any bloodshed over my comments. I would be traumatized and would not be able to complete the exam I have to finish this week.

horses4courses
12-20-2014, 11:35 PM
So, this protest last night at NY City Hall was not inflammatory?

The haunting final words of Eric Garner — "I can't breathe" — have already inspired a wave of protests against police violence with T-shirts worn by the likes of Lebron James and Laverne Cox. Now, a rebuttal shirt has appeared that supports the NYPD while also mocking a dying man's cry for help. Approximately 100 demonstrators wearing sweatshirts reading "I can breathe, thanks to the NYPD" swarmed New York's City Hall last night. Chanting "Don't resist arrest," the group clashed with about 200 people protesting the recent grand jury decision not to indict officer Daniel Pantaleo for Garner's July 17 death.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5T-z6_IQAALvpe.jpg:large

Tom
12-20-2014, 11:38 PM
This is really bringing some scumbag liberals out of the sewers:

http://twitchy.com/2014/12/20/can-they-breathe-execution-style-killing-of-two-nypd-officers-celebrated-salute-the-shooter/
It already brought out one mayor.

Clocker
12-20-2014, 11:41 PM
http://2-ps.googleusercontent.com/xk/EE6I3Peu9SaPzfsTuiEsBNjN4w/www.powerlineblog.com/i1.wp.com/www.powerlineblog.com/admin/ed-assets/2014/12/B5V-5DmIQAAd9EF.jpg-large.jpeg,qresize=337,P2C600.pagespeed.ce.lvhW_z1 jvFudxtqrXq7o.jpg

Still nothing further from the president who said that if some people didn't like the outcomes of the legal system, protests were necessary.

Kind of like publicly scolding the Supreme Court if you don't like their rulings, I guess.

Tom
12-20-2014, 11:42 PM
What about the NYC Police Commish, is he toast too? He's met with Sharpton for two decades and had this to say about him: "He's a very significant leader and voice for people who feel that they don't have a voice and they've been disenfranchised."
He is an idiot, too.

HE is not the one on the street facing the thugs.
HIS fat ass sits in a chair and thinks of stupid things to say to make himself look good.

For the records. ANYONE who talks to REv Al is a racist idiot or a stinking coward.

It is time to protest in front on his house, intimate him, and follow him everywhere shouting for his blood.

Clocker
12-20-2014, 11:46 PM
Now, a rebuttal shirt has appeared that supports the NYPD while also mocking a dying man's cry for help.

It couldn't possibly be mocking people who used the phrase mindlessly, could it? Like the morons who still go around with their hands up, saying don't shoot?

horses4courses
12-20-2014, 11:49 PM
It couldn't possibly be mocking people who used the phrase mindlessly, could it? Like the morons who still go around with their hands up, saying don't shoot?

Did you take a good look at the 3 crackers wearing those shirts above?
All that's missing are the big white hoods - be a shame to hide those nice faces.
Who knows....maybe it was those shirts that threw today's shooter over the edge.

Tom
12-20-2014, 11:51 PM
Crowd mentality is stupidity at its worst.
In NYC, they have a lot of stupid people.
Cops should refuse to answer any calls in black neighbor hoods for any reason.

Publicize the SOS Sharpton's phone number.
Need a hand?
Call a racist.

Clocker
12-20-2014, 11:52 PM
I would be traumatized and would not be able to complete the exam I have to finish this week.

The political situation has me worried about such things too. That's why I am always sure to keep a twelve pack of my anti-trauma medication in the fridge.

Clocker
12-21-2014, 12:05 AM
Did you take a good look at the 3 crackers wearing those shirts above?

You have thrown a lot of crap against the wall in this forum, but this is the lowest yet. I've worked with a lot of guys like that in my life. They may not be college professors, but they bust their butts at their jobs, and they would go to huge lengths to help out a friend, or even a stranger in need.

Without a clue as to who they are, I'd say they look like the salt of the earth. And without a clue as to who they are, you call them crackers? Which is no different than any racial slur against any minority.

Tom
12-21-2014, 12:10 AM
He is the poster boy that, clocker.
Put him on IGGY - he has nothing to offer but hatred and ignorance.

Life without his lunacy has been good the last few hours.
Like taking a hot shower after working in the sewer!

If you want to see three scumbags, look at post #21.

horses4courses
12-21-2014, 12:18 AM
You have thrown a lot of crap against the wall in this forum, but this is the lowest yet. I've worked with a lot of guys like that in my life. They may not be college professors, but they bust their butts at their jobs, and they would go to huge lengths to help out a friend, or even a stranger in need.

Without a clue as to who they are, I'd say they look like the salt of the earth. And without a clue as to who they are, you call them crackers? Which is no different than any racial slur against any minority.

You and yours cannot acknowledge the fact that they are making a bad
situation worse. Those shirts are poison, as are the people wearing them.
Cops, or not.

horses4courses
12-21-2014, 12:24 AM
He is the poster boy that, clocker.
Put him on IGGY - he has nothing to offer but hatred and ignorance.

Life without his lunacy has been good the last few hours.
Like taking a hot shower after working in the sewer!

If you want to see three scumbags, look at post #21.

That is actually pretty flattering.
Put me on iggy to avoid the hatred and ignorance.
Of course, it's the occasional morsel of truth that hurts the most.

JustRalph
12-21-2014, 12:38 AM
Cops, or not.

You are comparing a t shirt slogan to chanting for "dead cops"

You're comparing support for those who enforce the law, to radicals in the streets who assaulted police officers earlier in the week, and shut down bridges etc to include the highest ranking government official in the city supporting them?

A t shirt slogan doesn't justify killing cops!!! Are you ****ing nuts!! You actually are defending the murdering side of the issue and comparing them to the state sanctioned legal government empowered apparatus that is duty bound to enforce the law.

The cops who killed Brown and Garner were arms of the government, sanctioned by the law. If they are judged wrong by a court, or exonerated, there is no legally sanctioned movement, party or division of government that can allow further murder and mayhem. Let alone support from government officials etc in this case the Mayor supported the criminal element and took the side of the illegal protestors. It was tantamount to conspiracy to commit murder. It came to fruition today.

If I were to buy into your bullshit I would have to be in support of Bill Ayers and the like. They were no different than Mcveigh and others. You paint yourself into a pretty shitty corner. You are either for the law abiding side or you support murder in this case. You have chosen your side

Clocker
12-21-2014, 12:41 AM
Cops, or not.

They are expressing pride in who they are and what they do. Apparently in your world, black pride is noble but blue pride is the ignorant behavior of crackers.

"What do we want? Dead cops" is not inflammatory, but those shirts are? Blatant lies like "Hands up, don't shoot" are not poison to the truth?

horses4courses
12-21-2014, 12:47 AM

You're comparing support for those who enforce the law, to radicals in the streets who assaulted police officers earlier in the week, and shut down bridges etc to include the highest ranking government official in the city supporting them?

A t shirt slogan doesn't justify killing cops!!! Are you ****ing nuts!! You actually are defending the murdering side of the issue and comparing them to the state sanctioned legal government empowered apparatus that is duty bound to enforce the law.

The cops who killed Brown and Garner were arms of the government, sanctioned by the law. If they are judged wrong by a court, or exonerated, there is no legally sanctioned movement, party or division of government that can allow further murder and mayhem. Let alone support from government officials etc in this case the Mayor supported the criminal element and took the side of the illegal protestors. It was tantamount to conspiracy to commit murder. It came to fruition today.

If I were to buy into your bullshit I would have to be in support of Bill Ayers and the like. They were no different than Mcveigh and others. You paint yourself into a pretty shitty corner. You are either for the law abiding side or you support murder in this case. You have chosen your side

I happen to work with police quite often.
Are they perfect and beyond reproach? No.
Do I like and respect all of them? No.
Would I ever want to see any of them shot in the line of duty? No.

Don't try to pigeon hole me.
I try to support doing the right thing.
The wearing of tee shirts by supposedly responsible human beings
that mock a controversial choking death will never be something
I would support.

Robert Goren
12-21-2014, 12:55 AM

If I were to buy into your bullshit I would have to be in support of Bill Ayers and the like. They were no different than Mcveigh and others. You paint yourself into a pretty shitty corner. You are either for the law abiding side or you support murder in this case. You have chosen your sideWhere was your outrage when 2 Las Vegas cops were killed by 2 people who protested the action taken by law enforcement against a Nevada rancher? I guess right wingers who protest law enforcement get a pass.

JustRalph
12-21-2014, 12:57 AM
They are expressing pride in who they are and what they do. Apparently in your world, black pride is noble but blue pride is the ignorant behavior of crackers.

"What do we want? Dead cops" is not inflammatory, but those shirts are? Blatant lies like "Hands up, don't shoot" are not poison to the truth?

He's off the reservation. He has planted his feet on the far left side of the line and just like those who cannot admit what a failure the Prez is, they try to rationalize everything. It's disgusting. Wrong is wrong. But you can't turn your back once you plant your feet. Not if you're a lefty.

Btw, H4C, you questioned me earlier in the thread. Here's a source for you. You will find that what I posted was correct.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2014/12/20/police-connect-local-shooting-to-nypd-officers-murders/

We've heard about the BG gang from Curtisonthebay. Looks like this guy might be connected

horses4courses
12-21-2014, 01:03 AM

Of course, calling for dead cops is despicable.
I wouldn't support that for a second.

I do realize, though, that people are angry
after the events in Ferguson and NYC.
They have a right to be.
The rioting and looting were wrong.
The protests that followed did as much harm as anything else.

However, not even acknowledging that people might be angry,
or have a right to protest, is close to the heart of the problem here.
It's how many of those in authority do business in this country, though.
Right of privilege, or something like that.

JustRalph
12-21-2014, 01:04 AM
Where was your outrage when 2 Las Vegas cops were killed by 2 people who protested the action taken by law enforcement against a Nevada rancher? I guess right wingers who protest law enforcement get a pass.

How in the hell is that germane to this conversation? We are talking about government officials supporting a group that openly called for killing cops.

Get a clue. Bundy is a Federal issue anyway. Nothing close to this one.

Clocker
12-21-2014, 01:04 AM
Where was your outrage when 2 Las Vegas cops were killed by 2 people who protested the action taken by law enforcement against a Nevada rancher? I guess right wingers who protest law enforcement get a pass.

Those 2 were white supremacists, not "right wingers". And there was a lot of outrage about it here, both about the killings and about the idiots on the left who tried to make the shooters out to be Tea Partiers.

horses4courses
12-21-2014, 01:09 AM
He's off the reservation. He has planted his feet on the far left side of the line and just like those who cannot admit what a failure the Prez is, they try to rationalize everything. It's disgusting. Wrong is wrong. But you can't turn your back once you plant your feet. Not if you're a lefty.

Btw, H4C, you questioned me earlier in the thread. Here's a source for you. You will find that what I posted was correct.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2014/12/20/police-connect-local-shooting-to-nypd-officers-murders/

We've heard about the BG gang from Curtisonthebay. Looks like this guy might be connected

I don't doubt your source on the gang affiliation there.
Probably explains why he went to Brooklyn.

Clocker
12-21-2014, 01:10 AM
He's off the reservation.

No, apparently the fact that he works with police quite often gives him the authority to call them crackers. Kind of a mirror image of "Some of my best friends are black."

horses4courses
12-21-2014, 01:16 AM
No, apparently the fact that he works with police quite often gives him the authority to call them crackers. Kind of a mirror image of "Some of my best friends are black."

Just stating facts, as usual.
I truly hope those guys in the tee shirts are not cops.
Whatever they do, they need to ease off on the donuts.

FantasticDan
12-21-2014, 01:30 AM
Those 2 were white supremacists, not "right wingers". And there was a lot of outrage about it here, both about the killings and about the idiots on the left who tried to make the shooters out to be Tea Partiers. :lol: :bang:

http://www.irehr.org/issue-areas/tea-party-nationalism/tea-party-news-and-analysis/563-tea-party-followers-kill-police-in-las-vegas-killing-spree

Robert Goren
12-21-2014, 01:40 AM
How in the hell is that germane to this conversation? We are talking about government officials supporting a group that openly called for killing cops.

Get a clue. Bundy is a Federal issue anyway. Nothing close to this one.Oh the white separatist groups don't open support killing cops. The 2 cops killed by a couple of Bundy protesters were local. Their manifesto made it clear that was no difference between feds and local cops in their eyes. The white separatist were joined by several right wing politicians in backing Bundy's lawless actions including a congressman and a bunch of state officials for NV and AZ. Those elect officials did not have problem standing next to some of the worst people in this country. Neither did several posters here. Opps, I forgot when somebody connected to the right wing does something wrong they get a pass. And it is never even remotely to the acts by a left winger no matter even if they are almost mirror images of each other.

Clocker
12-21-2014, 02:17 AM
:lol: :bang:

http://www.irehr.org/issue-areas/tea-party-nationalism/tea-party-news-and-analysis/563-tea-party-followers-kill-police-in-las-vegas-killing-spree

Finally, the long awaited proof that the Tea Party is a front for white nationalism. And not a minute too soon. :D

NJ Stinks
12-21-2014, 02:54 AM
http://2-ps.googleusercontent.com/xk/EE6I3Peu9SaPzfsTuiEsBNjN4w/www.powerlineblog.com/i1.wp.com/www.powerlineblog.com/admin/ed-assets/2014/12/B5V-5DmIQAAd9EF.jpg-large.jpeg,qresize=337,P2C600.pagespeed.ce.lvhW_z1 jvFudxtqrXq7o.jpg

Still nothing further from the president who said that if some people didn't like the outcomes of the legal system, protests were necessary.

Kind of like publicly scolding the Supreme Court if you don't like their rulings, I guess.

Your main point with the e-mail was what? That Obama should have stopped playing golf? :bang:

Just another in a long line of cheap and rather pathetic cheapshots by the ever independent-minded Clocker. :rolleyes:

JustRalph
12-21-2014, 03:40 AM
Oh the white separatist groups don't open support killing cops. The 2 cops killed by a couple of Bundy protesters were local. Their manifesto made it clear that was no difference between feds and local cops in their eyes. The white separatist were joined by several right wing politicians in backing Bundy's lawless actions including a congressman and a bunch of state officials for NV and AZ. Those elect officials did not have problem standing next to some of the worst people in this country. Neither did several posters here. Opps, I forgot when somebody connected to the right wing does something wrong they get a pass. And it is never even remotely to the acts by a left winger no matter even if they are almost mirror images of each other.

I suggest you go read the thread about the Bundy deal. You won't find me supporting the militia guys. Bundy was a totally different thing anyway. I even complimented Obama in the thread.

lamboguy
12-21-2014, 04:53 AM
this is a very sad day for this country when 2 innocent policemen got taken out protecting their community's and the people living in it by an incited nut for no reason at all.

HUSKER55
12-21-2014, 05:50 AM
Your main point with the e-mail was what? That Obama should have stopped playing golf? :bang:

Just another in a long line of cheap and rather pathetic cheapshots by the ever independent-minded Clocker. :rolleyes:

I agree, I would rather have BO playing golf than trying to make a decision

BELMONT 6-6-09
12-21-2014, 10:07 AM
Tragic event. I work these NYC streets and the mayor has allowed the protests to become increasingly violent against the rank and file----this is the result. That's all I will say!

JustRalph
12-21-2014, 10:07 AM
Baltimore FOP call out Obama, Holder, De Blasio and Sharpton

http://www.fop3.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=383:press-release-12212014&catid=1:latest-fop-news&Itemid=83

Tom
12-21-2014, 10:15 AM
Baltimore FOP call out Obama, Holder, De Blasio and Sharpton

http://www.fop3.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=383:press-release-12212014&catid=1:latest-fop-news&Itemid=83

The Gang of Four.
All of them share responsibility for the assassinations.

What is an appropriate response by police?
How about It's a Wonderful Life.
time throw NYC under the bus.

NYC cops should walk off the job - strike. Kill the holiday season - cost the city at least millions.

No traffic control, no protection, no nothing. Let the big apple rot atop the pole this year. No terror watch, no nothing. Let the city see what it would like without them.

Problems, Call Sharpton.

If that works, time for a nationwide police strike.
Throw the whole damn country under the bus.

JustRalph
12-21-2014, 10:56 AM
An officer was killed in Florida last night

Not sure of circumstances yet

reckless
12-21-2014, 11:34 AM

Bill Bratton will never be nominated to a Police Commissioner's Hall of Fame, if there ever was one.

A great mayor, Rudy Giuliani, fired his soft butt after only a year or so on the job.

FantasticDan
12-21-2014, 11:53 AM
Bill Bratton will never be nominated to a Police Commissioner's Hall of Fame, if there ever was one. A great mayor, Rudy Giuliani, fired his soft butt after only a year or so on the job.
http://nydn.us/1gmLw4A

classhandicapper
12-21-2014, 12:11 PM
#bluelivesmatter

Sharpton and De Blasio have blood on their hands. The responsibility of public servants and community leaders is to try to defuse tensions and ensure that the legal system functions properly. Both these guys fanned the flames for political and personal gain which in turn helped motivate this warped murderer into taking a vengeful action. This was not an unfortunate accidental death or a fully justified shooting as in the recent cases. This was a flat out assassination. De Blasio needs to be removed from office and Sharpton needs to be put in jail where he belongs.

I wonder how many NBA players are going to wear tee shirts in protest of this act?

#bluelivesmatter

Tom
12-21-2014, 12:17 PM
I certainly hope the Mayor's security detail remembers and turns it back on him.

DJofSD
12-21-2014, 12:20 PM
An officer was killed in Florida last night

Not sure of circumstances yet
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/police-officer-shot-and-killed-in-florida/30340906

No real details, yet.

horses4courses
12-21-2014, 12:26 PM
Tragic any way you look at it.
Even worse if it's a revenge killing.
Seems that certain people are hoping that's the case.

DJofSD
12-21-2014, 12:27 PM
http://nypost.com/2014/12/21/video-the-frantic-aftermath-of-an-nypd-execution/

tucker6
12-21-2014, 12:33 PM
Funny how you say that just weeks after railing against the grand jury decision in MO. I recall a lot of rush to judgement by you and many liberals against the officer.

classhandicapper
12-21-2014, 12:47 PM

It's DEFINITELY a revenge killing. The guy did an instagram or tweet of pictures of the gun that were found with his body and made various statements about giving "pigs wings", "taking two for one", "this may be my last comment", "prefer to go out a gangsta then a coward" etc... just prior to the murder.

horses4courses
12-21-2014, 12:50 PM
It's DEFINITELY a revenge killing. The guy did an instagram or tweet of pictures of the gun that were found with his body and made various statements about giving "pigs wings", "taking two for one", "this may be my last comment", "prefer to go out a gangsta then a coward" etc... just prior to the murder.

I was talking about the later cop death in Florida.

johnhannibalsmith
12-21-2014, 12:59 PM
You've got to be careful just how hard you push the "justice system is broken" theme. There's obviously some just cause for the sentiment, but there's been an awful lot of pushing the narrative in cases where it really just wasn't the case. But even when that's apparent there's no acknowledgement, just a more defiant exclamation of persecution. It gets to the point where if you buy into this, which most of us probably can't quite relate to but try, it paints an awfully bleak picture where a perceived success of the system actually working isn't allowed to happen. Success is deemed failure until the system is futile. The only perceived successes are cases of the system NOT working, where justice is meted out in advance of any application of the system. I'm no Bill O'Reilly you just have to get out and pick yourself up by the bootstraps because all Americans are born equal in every way kind of guy by any means, but this political race rhetoric has been irresponsible for a long time. And sorry, crazy guy or not, I put a lot of the mindset that explicitly leads to this crazy act and not some other crazy act on those that mindlessly peddle the life is futile, they're out to get you speech to their own lousy meaningless benefit no matter what really happens.

RunForTheRoses
12-21-2014, 01:06 PM
Terrible News.

RunForTheRoses
12-21-2014, 01:19 PM
Mayor DeBumio's Peaceful Protestors Get What They Want:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj4ARsxrZh8

RunForTheRoses
12-21-2014, 01:27 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2882125/Police-2-NYC-cops-shot-car-critically-injured.html

classhandicapper
12-21-2014, 01:33 PM
Mayor DeBumio's Peaceful Protestors Get What They Want:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj4ARsxrZh8

Videos like that bring out the worst in me.

classhandicapper
12-21-2014, 01:34 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2882125/Police-2-NYC-cops-shot-car-critically-injured.html

I would call them animals, but that would be insulting to animals.

Tom
12-21-2014, 03:38 PM
NYC doesn't deserve the great police they have.

Strike now, shut 'er down.
No justice, no New Years.
Break the city. Cost it millions.

nijinski
12-21-2014, 03:51 PM
Folks from my old neighborhood posting and pushing petitions to
for deBlasio to step down .

RunForTheRoses
12-21-2014, 04:03 PM
POS (C)Rapper The Game's response(to the same picture that PA Commenter h4c blew up about, like minds and all that...)

http://twitchy.com/2014/12/20/rapper-the-game-to-murdered-nypd-officers-i-guess-yall-cant-breathe-either/?utm_source=autotweet&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

http://instagram.com/p/w2MuYvmonV/

Tom
12-21-2014, 04:10 PM

Going to take torches and pitch forks.

RunForTheRoses
12-21-2014, 04:11 PM

One year in and he's REALLY picking up on Obama's change thing, things are getting interesting that;s for sure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrEnCuyKdIU#t=83

http://nypost.com/2014/12/14/former-city-design-head-blasts-mayors-plan-to-remove-portraits/

Clocker
12-21-2014, 04:33 PM
http://nypost.com/2014/12/14/former-city-design-head-blasts-mayors-plan-to-remove-portraits/

Next step is blowing up Mount Rushmore I guess. And all those monuments to old white guys in Washington.

Didn't the Taliban do something like that?

classhandicapper
12-21-2014, 06:08 PM
Going to take torches and pitch forks.

I cant's stand Bloomberg, but compared to De Blasio he deserves sainthood.

Tape Reader
12-21-2014, 06:18 PM

Strike now, shut 'er down.
No justice, no New Years.
Break the city. Cost it millions.

Amen. Capitulation, the sooner the better.

FantasticDan
12-21-2014, 06:37 PM
Tom, 12/3, regarding death of Eric Garner:
The cop murdered him. Might be depraved indifference, but all he had to do was loosen the grip.

Had a passerby shot the cop in the head to stop it, I would give him a medal.

Then fire all those cops standing around and letting it happen.

I hope the family sues and wins Long Island.
Make up your mind.

fast4522
12-21-2014, 08:50 PM
The time for restoring order is long overdue, no disrespect to those who have fallen. How we handle bad days as they occur has to change, I am not not talking the European style. Much improvement on how we handle the lawless no matter what color they may be. I remember when Jimmy Carter took all those people when Fidel Castro emptied his prisons to our south east, what a complete idiot that President was for the murder and mayhem that happened as a result. Now your thinking oh here he goes unloading on the left again, but the truth is we are being set up for part two all over again. The change has to start at the top with stupidity of Presidents, the black community as a whole would have done much better if it was not sold out at the top. Say what you will about Bush friends and its economy, the better the economy runs on a clip the better blacks have it period. No one person is ever going to do for blacks, but when you do for all they have a competitive chance. And if your in the camp that they have not been sold out of late, your smoking that good shit maybe grown legally now. The reactive methodology that we embrace is liberal puke meant to inflict despair because the end game is to turn things upside down for the power shift to the left.

Tom
12-21-2014, 10:39 PM
Make up your mind.

I find it amusing that you are not able to see the difference.
Are you that limited in your thought processes that you cannot differentiate someone taking direct actin in a specific case at a specific time and someone else coming along later and killing two people totally unrelated to the problem?

You do far in explaining the liberal mindset, or rather the complete lack of it.

What I said about the strangling still stand - it was wrong, it would have been right to stop it by any means. What you seem to think is the same thing is some thug coming along and murdering two cops who had nothing to do with it. How pathetic.

But in light of recent events, I now give ANY cop a pass. No more second guessing. Bottom line is, the left is always going to be wrong at least 95% of the time. My advice to the Black community - wise up and shut up. After last couple of months, a lot of people no longer have any sympathy for your cause - we don't care any more. You are are on your own. You want a conversation on race? Talk to the hand. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

davew
12-22-2014, 12:10 AM
Sharpton likes non-violent protests

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/protest-leaders-hurry-to-disavow-nypd-slayings/ar-BBh5nHi?ocid=iehp

JustRalph
12-22-2014, 12:21 AM
Make up your mind.

I've thought about Tom's quote , not mutually exclusive thoughts......

JustRalph
12-22-2014, 02:22 AM
Baltimore warning arrived too late

classhandicapper
12-22-2014, 10:07 AM
Make up your mind.

I would say the cop in the Garner case should have been indicted on some kind of manslaughter charge and all the cops that observed the situation and didn't stop him (including the black female officer) should at least be reviewed.

The Garner case was not murder. It was an accidental death that was partially related to Garner's poor health and it came after he refused to listen to reasonable police requests. It was a tragedy that resulted from too much aggression given the minor issue at hand.

The incident on Saturday was a flat out execution of 2 innocent police officers. That's an entirely different ball game.

Tom
12-22-2014, 10:28 AM
Dan has trouble with too many ideas at one time.

Tom
12-22-2014, 11:11 AM
Probably good advice for YOU to follow.
theses days, with rabble-rousers like Sharpton and Obama, and lone wolf terrorist, I advise cops to shoot first and ask questions later.
Anyone stupid enough to resist an armed cop is probably the part of the herd that needs thinning anyways.

Like I say, good advice for YOU.

mostpost
12-22-2014, 12:28 PM
I've thought about Tom's quote.
First time that has happened.

mostpost
12-22-2014, 12:46 PM
I find it amusing that you are not able to see the difference.
Are you that limited in your thought processes that you cannot differentiate someone taking direct actin in a specific case at a specific time and someone else coming along later and killing two people totally unrelated to the problem
What you are failing to see is that the killing of the two officers had nothing to do with the Garner or Brown slayings except in the mind of the shooter.

When you say "NYC doesn't deserve the great police they have" you are condemning the whole city for the actions of one man. Anyone who thinks that the people who are protesting police actions in the Brown and Garner cases are responsible for the NYC officer killings, is a fool. Those shootings were perpetrated by a disturbed individual who had already shot his girlfriend and subsequently killed himself.

dartman51
12-22-2014, 01:05 PM
What you are failing to see is that the killing of the two officers had nothing to do with the Garner or Brown slayings except in the mind of the shooter.

When you say "NYC doesn't deserve the great police they have" you are condemning the whole city for the actions of one man. Anyone who thinks that the people who are protesting police actions in the Brown and Garner cases are responsible for the NYC officer killings, is a fool. Those shootings were perpetrated by a disturbed individual who had already shot his girlfriend and subsequently killed himself.

Yeah, right. And the hacking of Sony had absolutely nothing to do with the movie, "THE INTERVIEW", except in the mind of the hacker. :faint:
What you fail to see, is that, in the mind of the killer, is the only place that matters.

FocusWiz
12-22-2014, 01:06 PM
Anyone who thinks that the people who are protesting police actions in the Brown and Garner cases are responsible for the NYC officer killings, is a fool. Those shootings were perpetrated by a disturbed individual who had already shot his girlfriend and subsequently killed himself.MostPost,

Apparently, your thoughts are closer to the deranged mind of a wanton criminal than mine are, so I will bow to your obvious greater knowledge in this area.

For more "normal" folks, cheering and chanting have been cited throughout history to evoke a focus on a goal. We use cheers at sporting events and we use chants to elicit solidarity of thought. Several British scholars suggested that the eventual winning of World War I was partly (not mostly....only partly) due to the fact that the war songs of the Allies were far better than those of the Central Powers. In other words, the encouragement from these songs helped to spur them to victory.

Your argument that the deranged mind of a madman who does not like the police would not be in any way influenced to turn his thoughts into deeds due to crowds chanting "What do we want? Dead Cops! When do we want them? Now!" is enlightening. I assume that you also think that copycat killers are just coincidental madmen who happened to think alike.

My mistake was due to the fact that shouts of encouragement often encourage people who are not deranged and I made the (obviously false) assumption that this perpetrator was similarly influenced.

Thanks for the enlightenment from the dark side of the mind.

Clocker
12-22-2014, 01:07 PM
Anyone who thinks that the people who are protesting police actions in the Brown and Garner cases are responsible for the NYC officer killings, is a fool. Those shootings were perpetrated by a disturbed individual who had already shot his girlfriend and subsequently killed himself.

Do you honestly think that some small time Baltimore gangsta would have gone to NYC intent on killing cops if the atmosphere in the city was not supportive, if not encouraging, to a twisted mind?

Do you honestly think that he came up with that idea all on his own? Or do you think that he might have been influenced by crap like this:
The protesters were part of Al Sharpton’s “Million Marchers” protest against police violence. The protesters chanted “What do we want?… Dead cops!” as they marched in New York City.

Do you think perhaps that he might have been encouraged by seeing those protests on TV, and he wanted to show those people how a real man deals with the racist pigs? Yeah, going to NYC and show my man Rev. Al how it's done.

The Mayor and Rev. Al scattered matches in front of children and then were shocked when there was a fire.

dartman51
12-22-2014, 01:11 PM
Do you honestly think that some small time Baltimore gangsta would have gone to NYC intent on killing cops if the atmosphere in the city was not supportive, if not encouraging, to a twisted mind?

Do you honestly think that he came up with that idea all on his own? Or do you think that he might have been influenced by crap like this:

Do you think perhaps that he might have been encouraged by seeing those protests on TV, and he wanted to show those people how a real man deals with the racist pigs? Yeah, going to NYC and show my man Rev. Al how it's done.

The Mayor and Rev. Al scattered matches in front of children and then were shocked when there was a fire.

Not to mention the fact that there are plenty of cops in B'more, that he could have killed, he didn't have to drive to NYC. There was a reason for that drive, and it wasn't just to see the sights.

PhantomOnTour
12-22-2014, 01:15 PM
He went to NYC because it was closer than Ferguson, MO

dartman51
12-22-2014, 01:42 PM

:lol: :lol: :ThmbUp:

Tom
12-22-2014, 02:27 PM

You are less than clueless.
I am not talking about anything at all like you assume.

and no, those crowds were CLEARLY chanting "What do we want? Dead Cops."

Clearly, mostie.
You sound just that dipstick Black-activist on CNN last night trying to spread that same lie. If you go to FOX, you hear the tapes.

FocusWiz
12-22-2014, 02:56 PM
If you go to FOX, you hear the tapes.Some ears filter out what they don't want to hear.

I am sure that when he listens to the tapes, he will realize that these were old tapes of demonstrators against Mayor Bloomberg chanting "What do we want? Big Gulps! When do we want them? Now!"

Tom
12-22-2014, 03:43 PM
btw, has Obama commented on the chants calling for dead cops?
Those people could have been his son, after all.

Or did golf win out again?

RunForTheRoses
12-22-2014, 04:27 PM

It is true that only the killer had direct responsibility, I will not argue with you about that. However, no man is an island and when certain irresponsible, left wing political types create memes such as white cops are racist cowboys who are just out to kill black youths who are good boys who didn't do nothing...well the weaker among us are going to take note.

In my opinion these following two clips are making the situation worse and the underlying philosophy behind them are false. In Obama's case what about the black youths who could be his son and there out of control rate of criminality both inter and intra racial? In Deblasio's case, if he wanted to be truthful, he might say because black youths commit violent crimes way out of proportion to their population, you may at times be under suspicion by the police because, lets be honest, profiling is good police work, a similar looking youth may have just committed a heinous crime, but if you cooperate you have nothing to worry about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAPtUfOs7Gs

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/07/bill-de-blasio-son_n_6283774.html

horses4courses
12-22-2014, 04:32 PM
The Right is manipulating and milking this situation to the max.
No right-minded person wants to see cops killed.
Here's an example of Fox twisting facts:

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/12/22/fox-affiliate-deceptively-edits-protest-footage-show-protesters-chanting-kill-cop.html

RunForTheRoses
12-22-2014, 04:41 PM

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/12/22/fox-affiliate-deceptively-edits-protest-footage-show-protesters-chanting-kill-cop.html

That was a FOX affiliate not the beloved Faux News network. To me it was just laziness because there are real protestors chanting about wanting dead cops, there is even a MO protest, post the NY killings chanting something about pigs in a blanket.

I do agree people will use this to their advantage, you know what Rahm Emanuel says about a crisis, whats good for the goose...

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/r/rahmemanue409199.html

and in case you missed it:

http://nypost.com/2014/12/21/rahm-emanuels-son-mugged-near-chicago-home/

Clocker
12-22-2014, 05:42 PM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/gmc12613020141222080400.jpg

As Obama civil rights advisor Al Sharpton frantically tries to distance himself from the revenge execution style slayings of two NYPD officers Saturday afternoon in Brooklyn, keep in mind that just one week ago protestors at his march in New York City were chanting, "What do we want? Dead cops! When do what them? Now!"

horses4courses
12-22-2014, 05:47 PM

I don't think so.
He had family ties in Brooklyn.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-nypd-shooter-20141221-story.html

Robert Boyce, chief of detectives at the New York Police Department, said Brinsley's mother said that she had not spoken to her son in about a month and that he was estranged from his two sisters.

The mother, who lives in Brooklyn, told police “he had a very troubled childhood and was often violent,” Boyce said. “He attempted suicide in the past and attempted to hang himself a year ago.”

The family said Brinsley had "never expressed any radicalization at all,” Boyce said. It also wasn’t clear yet whether Brinsley participated in any of the protests over police use of force, though officials said they were looking into it.

In a plea-deal questionnaire, Brinsley answered “yes” to the question: “Have you ever been a patient in a mental institution or under the care of a psychiatrist or psychologist?”

horses4courses
12-22-2014, 05:54 PM
http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2014/12/attacks-against-police-officers-are-in-decline

http://www.motherjones.com/files/urban_sheild_charts_630.png

woodtoo
12-22-2014, 06:03 PM
Ah, troubled youth the scorn of our times....

Clocker
12-22-2014, 06:16 PM
A Majority of Cop Killers Have Been White

Did someone say that they weren't? And what has that got to do with this event? There is no denying that race was a major issue here. No one that I am aware of has jumped from that to any conclusion about cop killings in general.

RunForTheRoses
12-22-2014, 06:31 PM
http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2014/12/attacks-against-police-officers-are-in-decline

http://www.motherjones.com/files/urban_sheild_charts_630.png

Blacks are about 12% of the population, white population although shrinking rapidly is in the 60%s, so I'm not sure what they are trying to prove (well Mother Jones as the source I think I do know).

Here's another point of view:

http://nicholasstixuncensored.blogspot.com/2014/12/policemen-murdered-by-black-supremacists.html

nijinski
12-22-2014, 06:40 PM

There was certainly disrespect , aggression and assault on cops during the
protests .

reckless
12-22-2014, 07:33 PM
Not to mention the fact that there are plenty of cops in B'more, that he could have killed, he didn't have to drive to NYC. There was a reason for that drive, and it wasn't just to see the sights.

Hmm... deranged cop killer, a criminal with a life-long history of violence .... a black man even ... easily driving around and driving to NYC ... cops in Baltimore .....

Hmm... I guess that hateful, anti-police, incendiary rhetoric of President Obama about cops going after people whose only crime was that they were 'walking while black' and 'driving while black' isn't so true after all.

Obama, Holder, Sharpton, DeBlasio all have blood on their hands for creating this hateful and now murderous environment.

Clocker
12-22-2014, 08:29 PM
Blacks are about 12% of the population, white population although shrinking rapidly is in the 60%s, so I'm not sure what they are trying to prove (well Mother Jones as the source I think I do know).

They are obviously trying to convey an image that the data does not justify. The headline is that the majority of cop killers are white. If you dig into the sources they cite, there were 27 cop killings in 2013, with 28 known assailants. The race of the assailants was 15 white, 11 black, and 2 unreported. So roughly 40-46% of the killings were committed by blacks, and Mother Jones makes a big deal over the fact that it was less than half, but ignores the actual numbers in the article.

snickster
12-22-2014, 09:56 PM
:lol:

snickster
12-22-2014, 10:05 PM

So then you believe that guns don't kill people and the Sandy Hook killings were just the result of a deranged person Adam Lanza? Or do you liberals only pull the disturbed individual card when it suits your purpose.

JustRalph
12-22-2014, 10:18 PM
So then you believe that guns don't kill people and the Sandy Hook killings were just the result of a deranged person Adam Lanza? Or do you liberals only pull the disturbed individual card when it suits your purpose.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Clocker
12-22-2014, 10:33 PM
The moonbats continue to deny reality.

New York City’s anti-cop activists are scrambling for cover now that two NYPD officers, Rafael Ramos and Wenjian Liu, have been slain in cold blood on a Brooklyn street by a suspected gang member seeking revenge for the deaths of Michael Brown and Eric Garner. For the last several weeks, Gotham has been the scene of nightly, inflammatory protests against the NYPD. An assortment of self-proclaimed social-justice activists have disrupted traffic, assaulted officers, and demanded an end to Broken Windows policing. The city’s progressive elites, including Mayor Bill de Blasio and city council speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito, have accommodated the protesters—offering them aid and comfort in the media, entertaining their wilder claims, and standing silent as they defamed the NYPD as racist killers.

Last weekend, demonstrators marched through the streets of Murray Hill chanting "What do we want? Dead cops! When do we want it? Now!” ...Yet, Al Sharpton said it was “reprehensible” that anyone would link the killings to Ferguson or Staten Island.

At an evening press conference, Mayor de Blasio said that the motive for the killings was unclear—showing the same curious abundance of caution that led him to declare last week that protesters on the BrooklynBridge had “allegedly” attacked two police officers, despite a video clearly showing the assault.

http://www.city-journal.org/2014/eon1221mh.html

JustRalph
12-23-2014, 05:52 AM
He should have been in jail.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/nypd-shooter-last-lived-georgia-police-say/njX28/#__federated=1

Prison actually

I hope the families sue Cobb County Ga

Tom
12-23-2014, 07:35 AM
Originally Posted by horses4courses

But that is exactly what they were chanting in the streets.
And now two are dead.

Tom
12-23-2014, 07:39 AM
Sharpton new says he is getting death threats.

Yes, Virginina, there is a Santa Claus.

Hey Al, who ya gonna call? :lol::lol::lol:

No doubt the racist-shakedown artist made that up to get the heat off him.
Al is a professional liar.....but if it is true, sweat, baby, sweat.

DJofSD
12-23-2014, 09:18 AM
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/12/23/chicopee-man-charged-for-put-wings-on-pigs-facebook-post/

woodtoo
12-23-2014, 10:48 AM
Turns out he worked for muslum brotherhood, front group in
the 2007 Holy Land terror case.

This was no troubled youth after all but a muslum terrorist doing what they do,,,killing.

Clocker
12-23-2014, 10:49 AM
But that is exactly what they were chanting in the streets.
And now two are dead.

He was correct. He said:

Right-minded? That obviously doesn't include Rev. Al and his Million Moonbat March. Now Rev. Al and friends are worried that the backlash over a couple of dead cops might interfere with further protests chanting the desire for dead cops. A real classy bunch.

Civil rights leaders Sunday condemned the ambush killings of two New York police officers and expressed fear that the backlash over the bloodshed could derail the protest movement that has grown out of the deaths of Michael Brown and Eric Garner.

"To link the criminal insanity of a lone gunman to the peaceful protests and aspirations of many people across the country, including the attorney general, the mayor and even the president, is simply not fair," NAACP President Cornell William Brooks said on CBS's "Face the Nation."

Brooks said the shootings were "certainly not a step forward" for the movement.

Peaceful protests? Demonstrators attacked police on several occasions. Sorry if that is not a step forward for you all.

http://news.yahoo.com/killings-2-york-officers-trigger-backlash-201106309.html

Tom
12-23-2014, 10:56 AM
For people like Al, spitting in cop's faces and throwing bottles at them IS peaceful protest.

They were right to have the National Guard on stand by in Ferguson, as Obama's people, Al's people, prove once again they cannot be trusted to act civilized if they don't get their way.

The 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse - Obama, Holder, Sharpton, and de Blasio.

Clocker
12-23-2014, 01:04 PM
NYC Mayor di Blasio called for a moratorium on protests until after the funerals of the two dead officers. The Honorable Reverend Sharpton and others said no way.

Apparently the mayor's request infringes on free speech. :rolleyes:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/23/bill-de-blasio-nypd-protests_n_6370594.html

Tom
12-23-2014, 01:33 PM
Sharpton infringes on the human race.
Hope the Reindeer poop on his head!

horses4courses
12-23-2014, 01:35 PM
Hope the Reindeer poop on his head!
Nasty

Robert Fischer
12-23-2014, 03:27 PM
A lot of this racially-charged, emotionally-charged, politically-charged bullshit, and very little, if any, work on looking at improving the interactions between police and citizens such as in the Eric Garner case.

davew
12-23-2014, 07:07 PM
Woods says disgusting pig responsible for deaths

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/james-woods-blames-al-sharpton-for-death-of-nypd-officers/ar-BBh7psT?ocid=iehp

horses4courses
12-23-2014, 08:59 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5lWZF8CUAAjO2G.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5lTtPjCMAAGkbd.jpg:large

MONEY
12-23-2014, 10:00 PM
None of the below looks like white privilege.
---------------------------

George Pataki is the son of a mailman, he graduated from a public H.S.
"After attending Peekskill High School, he entered Yale University in
1964 on an academic scholarship"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Pataki
------------------------
Pat Lynch is a blue collar worker, a cop.
-----------------------------------
Rudy Giuliani

Rudolph Giuliani was born in an Italian-American enclave in East
Flatbush in the New York City borough of Brooklyn, the only child
of working-class parents, Harold Angelo Giuliani (1908–1981) and
Helen (née D'Avanzo; 1909–2002), both first-generation Americans,
children of Italian immigrants.[13] He was raised a Roman Catholic.
[14] Harold Giuliani had trouble holding a job and had been convicted
of felony assault and robbery and served time in Sing Sing;[15] after
his release he served as an enforcer for his brother-in-law Leo D'Avanzo,
who ran an organized crime operation involved in loan sharking and
gambling at a restaurant in Brooklyn.[16]

Early in life, Rudy Giuliani developed a lateral lisp which he still
has to this day.[17] In 1951, when Giuliani was seven, his family moved
from Brooklyn to Garden City South, where he attended the local Catholic
school, St. Anne's.[18] Later, he commuted back to Brooklyn to attend Bishop
Loughlin Memorial High School, graduating in 1961 with an 85 percent average.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudy_Giuliani

Clocker
12-23-2014, 10:10 PM
None of the below looks like white privilege.

That's true, but certainly his post about the Tea Party domestic terrorists must be fact. Who would stoop to make up such filthy lies? No "right-minded" person would ever post such idiocy if it was not true.

davew
12-23-2014, 10:52 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5lWZF8CUAAjO2G.jpg:large

The flag is a Gadsden flag, designed in 1775 during the American Revolution.

Clocker
12-23-2014, 11:10 PM
The flag is a Gadsden flag, designed in 1775 during the American Revolution.

But some people in the Tea Party use it, so small minds assume that any one that uses it must be part of the Tea Party.

Just like any one that ever displays the Confederate battle flag must be racist.

horses4courses
12-23-2014, 11:15 PM
Just like any one that ever displays the Confederate battle flag must be racist.

Bad choice.

I can't think of any symbol that is more
inflammatory towards African Americans.

Anyone who feels the need to display it is making a statement.
Take that as you will. It says a lot.

Yes - it's part of history.
So are swastikas.

Clocker
12-24-2014, 12:11 AM

Are you an African American?

I don't care, I am just curious about credibility here.

So you claim to know that the statement is racist, rather than a show of pride in the Confederacy opposing Union infringement on states rights, or a show of pride in the valor of those who died fighting for what they believed, or just a big middle-finger salute to people that get their panties in a wad about political correctness.

In short, you know exactly how blacks and red-necks think. I am impressed.

FocusWiz
12-24-2014, 03:12 AM
Bad choice.

So are swastikas.Unfortunately, a person who makes a statement like this is a uninformed and naive as many of the folks who fly the flag as a tie to the states rights which fostered a culture that was focused on far more than slavery.

One of the problems I have had with this thread is the implication that there absolute truths in social sciences. Every.... All.... Anyone.... This does not work in social science and is not always 100% true in the true sciences.

Comparing the Confederate Flag to a swastika is ridiculous. However, just as words change their meanings over time, so do symbols. This flag was not originally intended as an anti-black symbol, but sadly has been adopted as one, especially by uninformed and culturally illiterate people from the north.

http://longisland.news12.com/news/students-expelled-from-st-anthony-s-over-confederate-flag-racial-incidents-1.7730021

Historically, this was not true. And just like Muslim extremists should not reflect on all Muslims and Officer Daniel Pantaleo's actions do not represent the actions of all police and Ismaaiyl Brinsley is not the the spokesman for all blacks, not everyone who flies the southern cross is a racist. The ties to racism are relatively recent. The swastika was also changed meanings during the 20th century when Germany adopted this symbol. Unfortunately, not everyone has been clued in that the current use of the Confederate Flag is solely as a symbol of hate. Just as "political correctness" takes a while to filter through society, "political incorrectness" likewise takes a while. When I was young, the word "dork" was unacceptable vulgar slang. It does not seem that way today. No one announced this. I am no longer allowed to refer to myself as "oriental" (though I do). I never got the memo.

While I find the concept of slavery to be abominable, the South had a focus on romanticism and nationalism that was in extreme contrast to the manufacturing North. Anyone who believes that the War for Southern Independence was solely to keep slavery is wrong. Most scholars believe the South would have given up on slavery even had they won the war. Just as the North found machines to be cheaper and more reliable than their horribly treated factory workers (rent-a-slaves), the South would have realized that the huge cost of buying and maintaining slaves was inefficient. Just as communist countries learn that improvements in productivity only come with "incentives" so would the South have learned that there needs to be more than just a difference between the "indoor" and "outdoor" slaves.

As a comparison, we now talk about paying individuals a "living wage" for doing menial tasks as part of our goal of increasing the minimum wage. In the South, a plantation owner could not have his slaves getting sick or dying (replacement was extremely costly), so they had to be supported to some minimum subsistence level even for the most menial task. The northern businesses got away much cheaper in this regard, since they did not need to be focused on ensuring that their workers and their families were able to survive, giving the North a distinct advantage. From an economical perspective, ensuring survival of their slaves was not a viable way to run the South, even though that seems to be the way we are heading now as a country (i.e., wanting to pay a minimal, subsistence wage for even the most menial, unskilled activity).

Brazil ended slavery in 1888, and I doubt the slavery in the South would have persisted into the 20th century, had they successfully seceded. The North did not care about paying a "living wage" to anyone; living was the workers' problem; they paid whatever little they could get away with. We see vestiges of this today in the demands for a minimum wage. This is why workers were forced to unionize. This is why many on this forum hate businesses. Slavery was bad. The plight of the northern factory worker was also bad. The latter way of life and the strength of the federal system won against the states right focus and the romanticism of the South.

The American flag at that time was as much representative of slavery as the Confederate flag, since it flew over us as a single country. Likewise, the North was not as anti-slavery as we all would like to believe. President Lincoln wrote: “If I could save the Union without freeing any slave, I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves, I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone, I would also do that. What I do about slavery and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union.” Proof of this comes from the passing of an amendment to the United States constitution (never ratified) in 1861 saying “No amendment shall be made to the Constitution which will authorize or give to Congress the power to abolish or interfere, within any State, with the domestic institutions thereof, including that of persons held to labor or service by the laws of said State.” Despite Lincoln's lack of a stand on this issue, this is what we should ask of our leaders; to do what is best, not for them and their self-interests, but for our country as a whole.

As a "northerner" who learned about the South more from the educational system of the North and from the relatively liberal thinkers I know from the South, it was actually not until recently that I met people who treat the Confederate Flag as a symbol of hatred towards Blacks. This is not what it meant then, though the meaning that more and more today. Since the folks who fly it with that thought are demeaning it and Blacks are offended by it, I guess it is now politically correct to throw away this once strong symbol of states rights and the great culture and tradition of the South.

As an aside, if you doubt that this flag meant more than just an anti-black sentiment, you might want to read through the "black redneck's" pride in his grandfather and his links to the confederacy:

http://www.grandglobalmedia.com/anthonyherveyblog/biography/

Just as I believe it is wrong to believe that everyone who flies the confederate flag is a racist, I believe it is wrong to believe that every black is offended by this symbol. Social science is not that simple. Liberals are not the only good guys....nor are conservatives. Not every terrorist is a muslim. Not every cop is a racist. These absolute statements demean us all.

horses4courses
12-24-2014, 09:45 AM
Unfortunately, a person who makes a statement like this is a uninformed and naive as many of the folks who fly the flag as a tie to the states rights which fostered a culture that was focused on far more than slavery.

One of the problems I have had with this thread is the implication that there absolute truths in social sciences. Every.... All.... Anyone.... This does not work in social science and is not always 100% true in the true sciences.

Comparing the Confederate Flag to a swastika is ridiculous. However, just as words change their meanings over time, so do symbols. This flag was not originally intended as an anti-black symbol, but sadly has been adopted as one, especially by uninformed and culturally illiterate people from the north.

http://longisland.news12.com/news/students-expelled-from-st-anthony-s-over-confederate-flag-racial-incidents-1.7730021

Historically, this was not true. And just like Muslim extremists should not reflect on all Muslims and Officer Daniel Pantaleo's actions do not represent the actions of all police and Ismaaiyl Brinsley is not the the spokesman for all blacks, not everyone who flies the southern cross is a racist. The ties to racism are relatively recent. The swastika was also changed meanings during the 20th century when Germany adopted this symbol. Unfortunately, not everyone has been clued in that the current use of the Confederate Flag is solely as a symbol of hate. Just as "political correctness" takes a while to filter through society, "political incorrectness" likewise takes a while. When I was young, the word "dork" was unacceptable vulgar slang. It does not seem that way today. No one announced this. I am no longer allowed to refer to myself as "oriental" (though I do). I never got the memo.

While I find the concept of slavery to be abominable, the South had a focus on romanticism and nationalism that was in extreme contrast to the manufacturing North. Anyone who believes that the War for Southern Independence was solely to keep slavery is wrong. Most scholars believe the South would have given up on slavery even had they won the war. Just as the North found machines to be cheaper and more reliable than their horribly treated factory workers (rent-a-slaves), the South would have realized that the huge cost of buying and maintaining slaves was inefficient. Just as communist countries learn that improvements in productivity only come with "incentives" so would the South have learned that there needs to be more than just a difference between the "indoor" and "outdoor" slaves.

As a comparison, we now talk about paying individuals a "living wage" for doing menial tasks as part of our goal of increasing the minimum wage. In the South, a plantation owner could not have his slaves getting sick or dying (replacement was extremely costly), so they had to be supported to some minimum subsistence level even for the most menial task. The northern businesses got away much cheaper in this regard, since they did not need to be focused on ensuring that their workers and their families were able to survive, giving the North a distinct advantage. From an economical perspective, ensuring survival of their slaves was not a viable way to run the South, even though that seems to be the way we are heading now as a country (i.e., wanting to pay a minimal, subsistence wage for even the most menial, unskilled activity).

Brazil ended slavery in 1888, and I doubt the slavery in the South would have persisted into the 20th century, had they successfully seceded. The North did not care about paying a "living wage" to anyone; living was the workers' problem; they paid whatever little they could get away with. We see vestiges of this today in the demands for a minimum wage. This is why workers were forced to unionize. This is why many on this forum hate businesses. Slavery was bad. The plight of the northern factory worker was also bad. The latter way of life and the strength of the federal system won against the states right focus and the romanticism of the South.

The American flag at that time was as much representative of slavery as the Confederate flag, since it flew over us as a single country. Likewise, the North was not as anti-slavery as we all would like to believe. President Lincoln wrote: “If I could save the Union without freeing any slave, I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves, I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone, I would also do that. What I do about slavery and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union.” Proof of this comes from the passing of an amendment to the United States constitution (never ratified) in 1861 saying “No amendment shall be made to the Constitution which will authorize or give to Congress the power to abolish or interfere, within any State, with the domestic institutions thereof, including that of persons held to labor or service by the laws of said State.” Despite Lincoln's lack of a stand on this issue, this is what we should ask of our leaders; to do what is best, not for them and their self-interests, but for our country as a whole.

As a "northerner" who learned about the South more from the educational system of the North and from the relatively liberal thinkers I know from the South, it was actually not until recently that I met people who treat the Confederate Flag as a symbol of hatred towards Blacks. This is not what it meant then, though the meaning that more and more today. Since the folks who fly it with that thought are demeaning it and Blacks are offended by it, I guess it is now politically correct to throw away this once strong symbol of states rights and the great culture and tradition of the South.

As an aside, if you doubt that this flag meant more than just an anti-black sentiment, you might want to read through the "black redneck's" pride in his grandfather and his links to the confederacy:

http://www.grandglobalmedia.com/anthonyherveyblog/biography/

Just as I believe it is wrong to believe that everyone who flies the confederate flag is a racist, I believe it is wrong to believe that every black is offended by this symbol. Social science is not that simple. Liberals are not the only good guys....nor are conservatives. Not every terrorist is a muslim. Not every cop is a racist. These absolute statements demean us all.

Lengthy response for a pretty straightforward issue.
Sorry, I don't buy it.

Start by polling 1,000 black people of different backgrounds.
I guarantee you that at least 75% are offended by Ole Glory.

Why would someone have the need to display it?
Other than the fact that they are stating
"This flag symbolizes my roots - from back in the days
when black people were kept as slaves in the South"

Is that something someone should really be proud of?
Or, if they are, what does it achieve other than to antagonize
and get "in the face" of a large section of society.

People who display the Confederate Flag know full well
that they are being offensive to other people.
They just don't care, or take pleasure from it.

My ancestry on my mother's side can be traced
back to the 17th century in England and Ireland.
They came to Ireland with Cromwell and could
well have been part of the slaughter and virtual
genocide of hundreds of thousands of Irish Catholics.
Am I proud of that? Do I need to drive around
with a bumper sticker saying "My ancestors kicked ass"?

The Confederate Flag is an important piece of US history.
It deserves respect and needs to be preserved - in a museum.

Get a clue, people.
Respect the feelings of others.

Tom
12-24-2014, 09:57 AM
You know, if they are offended by it, too bad, Dad.
I am offended by the signs and crap the scumbags in NYS are carrying.

As Rush Limbaugh once told a caller, "I do not care if your are offended by what I say. I am not here to please you."

horses4courses
12-24-2014, 10:05 AM
"I do not care if your are offended by what I say. I am not here to please you."

Words to live by. :rolleyes:
That last sentence would be appropriate on Rush's headstone.

JustRalph
12-24-2014, 10:07 AM
Luckily H4C is not able to regulate the first amendment

This is America. You can offend anybody you want.... :lol:

horses4courses
12-24-2014, 10:11 AM
Luckily H4C is not able to regulate the first amendment

This is America. You can offend anybody you want.... :lol:

Oh, I realize that.
I just don't understand why so many people feel the need to.

Tom
12-24-2014, 12:45 PM
Some just plain deserve it.

JustRalph
12-27-2014, 08:50 AM
Ten thousand cops in one place for a funeral scares the hell out of me.

Such an obvious terrorist target

reckless
12-27-2014, 10:43 AM
Joe Biden was absolutely great this morning at the Ramos funeral. I am not joking one bit. He was eloquent, well prepared, sincere ... all things Obama is not nor will ever be.

I thought I'd never ever say this, but --- way to go, Joe Biden. :ThmbUp:

Robert Goren
12-27-2014, 12:53 PM
Ten thousand cops in one place for a funeral scares the hell out of me.

Such an obvious terrorist targetWasn't some militia group in Ohio planning to kill a bunch of police officers at a funeral for a cop they had previously killed? Maybe in 2009 or 2010? You are right, 10,000 cops in place is tempting fate.

Clocker
12-27-2014, 02:10 PM
From ABC News (http://abcnews.go.com/US/nypd-officers-turn-back-de-blasio-cops-funeral/story?id=27851746):

Hundreds of police officers turned their backs on a screen showing New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio as he spoke at the funeral of one of two officers killed last week in what has been called an "assassination."

HUSKER55
12-27-2014, 02:20 PM
Bad choice.

So are swastikas.

that is a racists statement. I am not walking on eggs because 150 years ago their great great great great grand father got hurt. you conveniently forget about the white slaves of that period. Lincoln realized the civil war was not about states rights. It was about human rights.

If you hang your hat on a 150 year old battle flag from a by gone era you are in denial.

TJDave
12-27-2014, 02:21 PM
Hundreds of police officers turned their backs on a screen showing New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio as he spoke at the funeral of one of two officers killed last week in what has been called an "assassination."

They should be fired, the lot of them.

Clocker
12-27-2014, 02:27 PM
They should be fired, the lot of them.

What law or NYPD regulation did they violate? You think it is appropriate to fire someone for exercise of free speech? I am assuming that they were there on their own time.

PaceAdvantage
12-27-2014, 02:39 PM
From ABC News (http://abcnews.go.com/US/nypd-officers-turn-back-de-blasio-cops-funeral/story?id=27851746):Bravo! That they aren't backing down or softening their stance towards de Blasio is nothing but encouraging.

PaceAdvantage
12-27-2014, 02:43 PM
They should be fired, the lot of them.F_that. I think what they're doing is outstanding.

Continue to embarrass this embarrassing excuse for a mayor and show the world what they're really dealing with in Gracie mansion. What a fool they got stuck with in the last election. A super-duper left-leaning fool, who took in 70%+ of the vote, I'm sure many of those votes belonging to cops, who now realize the severe error of their voting ways.

Tom
12-27-2014, 02:44 PM
A Tale of Two Cities.
One, the sea of blue honoring their fallen comrades as civilized people, the other, the street over-run by less than human vermin calling for cop killings.
NYC needs to purge this riff raff - by any means. Call the Orcon Man, or Roto Rooter, whatever would flush the streets of these worthless animals.

I think the cops should call in sick on New Year's Eve.

TJDave
12-27-2014, 02:52 PM
What law or NYPD regulation did they violate? You think it is appropriate to fire someone for exercise of free speech? I am assuming that they were there on their own time.

I don't know what type of government NYC has but if one of my employees disrespected me like that they'd be gone.

I don't know if they were off the clock or not but I'll bet they were wearing the uniform.

PaceAdvantage
12-27-2014, 02:57 PM
De Blasio doesn't deserve one ounce of respect from cops. Respect is something you earn.

Tom
12-27-2014, 02:57 PM
Who you going to replace them with - Sharpton's Army of Garbage? The OBama Zombie Army?

NYC NEEDS the cops - they do NOT need the Mayor.
If the mayor has any self respect, he would resign.
He has lost control of the city. He is a liability
There is no upside to him remaining in office.
You cut out cancers, not show them respect.

TJDave
12-27-2014, 03:14 PM
De Blasio doesn't deserve one ounce of respect from cops. Respect is something you earn.

Then they should quit.

De Blasio is the elected chief executive of NYC. If the citizens, police included, don't like it they can recall him.

Saratoga_Mike
12-27-2014, 03:15 PM
Then they should quit.

De Blasio is the elected chief executive of NYC. If the citizens, police included, don't like it they can recall him.

They should - the city would be so peaceful without the NYPD. What could go wrong?

PaceAdvantage
12-27-2014, 03:16 PM
Then they should quit.

De Blasio is the elected chief executive of NYC. If the citizens, police included, don't like it they can recall him.And they can also turn their backs to him.

If the mayor shows even an inkling of support to the kind of element (and he HAS supported the protests) that would march down the street chanting death to cops, then surely he should have no problem with cops silently turning in the other direction when he speaks.

Clocker
12-27-2014, 03:22 PM
Then they should quit.

:D

So given Obama's approval ratings, over half of all federal employees should quit?

Tom
12-27-2014, 03:23 PM

They elected him as an employee.
Nothing more.
Respect doesn't come with the job - just the office and the desk.

Tom
12-27-2014, 03:24 PM
Just caught Biden's speech - very good job!
Glad it was HE who showed up today and not he JV squad.

PaceAdvantage
12-27-2014, 03:27 PM
Of course, if that were a Republican vice-president, the lefties on this board would be downgrading the Biden speech by telling us (like they just did in a thread discussing Bill O'Reilly books) that Biden had a ghostwriter for his speech...those weren't his words... :lol:

But we have more class than that...

Thumbs up on the Biden speech from me... :ThmbUp:

Saratoga_Mike
12-27-2014, 03:33 PM
Of course, if that were a Republican vice-president, the lefties on this board would be downgrading the Biden speech by telling us (like they just did in a thread discussing Bill O'Reilly books) that Biden had a ghostwriter for his speech...those weren't his words... :lol:

But we have more class than that...

Thumbs up on the Biden speech from me... :ThmbUp:

One correction: it was two "righties" (myself and Clocker) who criticized O'Reilly's ghostwritten books. We just think for ourselves and don't always tow the party line.

Tape Reader
12-27-2014, 06:53 PM
Who you going to replace them with - Sharpton's Army of Garbage? The OBama Zombie Army?

YES! Capitulation. The sooner the better.

Tape Reader
12-27-2014, 07:01 PM
I don't know what type of government NYC has but if one of my employees disrespected me like that they'd be gone.

I don't know if they were off the clock or not but I'll bet they were wearing the uniform.

Hey, this is New York; they should have “mooned” him.

JustRalph
01-16-2015, 09:58 PM
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/national-international/New-York-City-Brooklyn-Ramos-Liu-Donation-NYPD-Cop-Shooting-288851001.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_DFWBrand

A million bucks for officers survivors