PDA

View Full Version : Claims Report

PICSIX
12-19-2014, 05:37 AM
I enter all horses claimed in 4-way and greater shakes into my stable mail. At least these should be sound animals, generally speaking, to analyze in future races.

http://www.nyra.com/assets/1/7/Claims-11-15-14.pdf

Exotic1
12-19-2014, 10:03 AM
I enter all horses claimed in 4-way and greater shakes into my stable mail. At least these should be sound animals, generally speaking, to analyze in future races.

Good idea !!

Thanks for the insight.

Harvhorse
12-19-2014, 10:48 AM
I started checking the win rate of these claims but stoped when it was 0 for 5. Do you have any R.O.I results betting the horses 1st 2nd or 3rd time off the claim?

davew
12-19-2014, 01:25 PM
What does this report tell you?

It suggests to me that at least 4 people felt the horse was running 'cheap' that day.

Your report might be more effective if you eliminated horses that were trained by certain trainers (who drop for win/sale with backclass horses that may or may not be sound today)

Tom
12-19-2014, 02:20 PM
Be real nice if they put that report in a format where you could import it into a DB and actually use the information.

HUSKER55
12-19-2014, 04:33 PM
do new claims have to run at a higher class the next out?

Tall One
12-19-2014, 04:56 PM

If you ran a claim back within thirty days, it had to be entered for higher than what you claimed it for.

After those thirty days, and the horse was "Out of jail", no issues.

PICSIX
12-19-2014, 05:08 PM
I started checking the win rate of these claims but stoped when it was 0 for 5. Do you have any R.O.I results betting the horses 1st 2nd or 3rd time off the claim?

I don't blindly bet them after the claim. I will play them in their next few starts if they are in the top 3 Prime Power. No, I don't have hard ROI numbers compiled at the moment....Not a data base guy so it takes me a while.

PICSIX
12-19-2014, 05:12 PM
Good idea !!

Thanks for the insight.

Might be something there, might not, I doubt many cappers are looking at them in this manner. That should be a good thing.

PICSIX
12-19-2014, 05:19 PM

It suggests to me that at least 4 people felt the horse was running 'cheap' that day.

Your report might be more effective if you eliminated horses that were trained by certain trainers (who drop for win/sale with backclass horses that may or may not be sound today)

Some might be "cheap" and some might be getting eligible for starters.

PICSIX
12-19-2014, 05:43 PM
From earlier this year here is a partial list in alphabetical order.

Alex's Vision, Always a Chance, Banjammer, Canuletmedowneasy, Case Made, Cast a Doubt, Cay to Pomeroy, Christiesborntorun, Close to the Edge, Ephram S, Flashy Bertie, Frandontjudge.....

Stillriledup
12-19-2014, 05:53 PM

I would suggest to not eliminate these simply because you could get in trouble and miss some big prices. If a lot of claiming trainers are biting, it means the horse is ok, those guys have "Sources" that tell them which horses to avoid...this is why knowing the amount of claims BEFORE the race actually runs can be very helpful.

senortout
12-19-2014, 08:38 PM
Some horses are out and out pets, and thus reclaimed at their former owners' request, and not necessarily on the advice of their trainer. This and many other factors could seriously skew your results, I'm afraid.

BIG49010
12-20-2014, 07:27 AM
My experience is when I won shake, I wish I hadn't.

castaway01
12-20-2014, 08:37 AM
I don't blindly bet them after the claim. I will play them in their next few starts if they are in the top 3 Prime Power. No, I don't have hard ROI numbers compiled at the moment....Not a data base guy so it takes me a while.

I think in theory this is a good idea, but database or not, if you're tracking these horses, by this point you must have an idea if it's working for you or not. I'm not asking for stats, but "I don't know" seems like a strange answer. Why go through the trouble if it's not a profitable wager?

castaway01
12-20-2014, 08:39 AM

DRF publishes first off the claim information in its past performances, as do many other sources; like most things, it's profitable for some trainers until too many know and then it isn't.

green80
12-24-2014, 07:48 PM

Depends on where the horse is claimed. Some states allow you to run a claimed horse at the same level or even drop a horse after a claim. Most states require the horse to remain at the track from which it was claimed until the end of the current meet.

whodoyoulike
12-24-2014, 09:05 PM

You have a good idea. To me, it indicates the horse looked good to individuals who are supposed to have an idea of what's good.

Do you know if other tracks provide this type of info?

How did you find this was being provided?

Thanks,

PICSIX
12-24-2014, 10:54 PM
You have a good idea. To me, it indicates the horse looked good to individuals who are supposed to have an idea of what's good.

Do you know if other tracks provide this type of info?

How did you find this was being provided?

Thanks,

Gulfstream, Churchill and Santa Anita. Other tracks probably do also. I found them in the "Hoesemen's" section of their websites.

whodoyoulike
12-24-2014, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the info.