PDA

View Full Version : Taliban shoots up school in Pakistan-over 100 children killed

Longshot6977
12-16-2014, 08:18 AM
At least 126 people were killed and 122 injured. More than 100 of the dead were school children. The Pakistani Taliban claimed responsibility for the assault. They even set a teacher on fire with gas and made the kids watch. :mad: :mad:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/pakistan-school-attack-taliban-militants-kill-126-peshawar-take-hostages-n269011

Tom
12-16-2014, 09:07 AM
Obama says terrorism is on the decline.
What is his master plan now?

Oh, yeah, gut the military.

As long we don't ever make these guys uncomfortable.
They have rights, too....say some. :rolleyes:

jballscalls
12-16-2014, 09:26 AM
So sad. what an atrocity.

dartman51
12-16-2014, 11:01 AM
Maybe we can get the Lefties in Congress, to get together, and go over there and round up the 'bad guys', oops, I hope I didn't hurt their feelings by calling them 'bad guys'. Anyway, maybe they can round them up and explain to them the error of their ways. Then they can all go out for ice cream. :rolleyes: The Left, and SOME, on the right, are too stupid to realize just what kind of people we are dealing with. Then they try to make us feel guilty, by saying that we caused this by 'torturing' a few terrorist. :faint:

Tom
12-16-2014, 11:09 AM
How could anyone ever think that we could negotiate, or even reason with animals like this.

Other then the idiot Obama, of course.

These people you find and kill.
Or torture the crap of them if for nothing more than practice.
You never consider them to be human.

dartman51
12-16-2014, 11:23 AM
How could anyone ever think that we could negotiate, or even reason with animals like this.

Other then the idiot Obama, of course.

These people you find and kill.
Or torture the crap of them if for nothing more than practice.
You never consider them to be human.

Evidently the Dems, and at least 1 Republican. Oh, and a few on this board that obviously wear rose colored glasses. :rolleyes:

Marshall Bennett
12-16-2014, 11:52 AM
Just another example of how brutal and heartless this enemy truly is. I don't know what other evidence anyone needs unless they're simply brain-dead.
Unfortunately by now they're so scattered and with the following they've attracted, it's hard to imagine ever defeating them entirely.

dartman51
12-16-2014, 12:12 PM
Just another example of how brutal and heartless this enemy truly is. I don't know what other evidence anyone needs unless they're simply brain-dead.
Unfortunately by now they're so scattered and with the following they've attracted, it's hard to imagine ever defeating them entirely.

I think you may be on to something. These are the same people that are ok with taking out someone with a drone strike, even though we might kill a few women and children, but, Heaven forbid, we should deprive someone of sleep, or pour water on them in a way to make them 'uncomfortable'. :faint:

Tom
12-16-2014, 12:14 PM
I heard today that this attack was retaliation for Obama drone strikes killing their women and children.

Funny how that works. Obama is OK with mass murder, causing this mass murder, but draws the line at getting someone's hair wet.

Robert Goren
12-16-2014, 12:29 PM
I wonder how many on the right think that arming the teachers is the answer to ending school shootings in Pakistan? :rolleyes:

FocusWiz
12-16-2014, 12:36 PM
While we are Obama bashing, I would like to bring our thoughts back to September 20, 2001. On that day, our President said the following things in a joint session of Congress:The terrorists are traitors to their own faith, trying, in effect, to hijack Islam itself.

The enemy of America is not our many Muslim friends. It is not our many Arab friends. Our enemy is a radical network of terrorists and every government that supports them.
From this day forward, any nation that continues to harbor or support terrorism will be regarded by the United States as a hostile regime. When we were tracking bin Laden and his followers through Afghanistan, Brit Hume announced on television that it was ludicrous to believe that they had traveled anywhere but to Pakistan.

Years later, when Bill O'Reilly interviewed Presidential nominee, Barak Obama, he asked if the future President was aware that Osama bin Laden was holed up in Islamabad. After the typical O'Reilly badgering, Barak Obama admitted such knowledge.

Yes, we can blame President Clinton for not doing enough before 9/11 and we can blame President Obama for not doing enough since 2009, but it seems to me that if Brit Hume, Bill O'Reilly, and Barak Obama knew that Osama bin Laden and his forces were being harbored by the Pakistani government, at least somebody in Washington should have also been aware (bin Aware?). It is not just Congress that does nothing. It is not just Democrats.

Clocker
12-16-2014, 12:40 PM
The full text of Obama's response:

The United States condemns in the strongest possible terms today’s horrific attack on the Army Public School in Peshawar, Pakistan. Our hearts and prayers go out to the victims, their families, and loved ones. By targeting students and teachers in this heinous attack, terrorists have once again shown their depravity. We stand with the people of Pakistan, and reiterate the commitment of the United States to support the Government of Pakistan in its efforts to combat terrorism and extremism and to promote peace and stability in the region.

What's wrong with this picture?

Judging by the president's statement, one would assume that the alleged perpetrators are unknown. Let's not offend anyone by an assumption of guilt on the part of person or persons presumed innocent until proven guilty.

Don't know who it could be. We have decimated all the bad guys over there, and all that is left is the Jay Vees.

Robert Goren
12-16-2014, 12:54 PM
The full text of Obama's response:

What's wrong with this picture?

Judging by the president's statement, one would assume that the alleged perpetrators are unknown. Let's not offend anyone by an assumption of guilt on the part of person or persons presumed innocent until proven guilty.

Don't know who it could be. We have decimated all the bad guys over there, and all that is left is the Jay Vees. I thought Bush had killed every Islamic terrorist in the world based on information he got from torturing the prisoners at Guantanamo. Is that what Cheney said last week? Some more must have come in via an UFO.:rolleyes:

TJDave
12-16-2014, 01:02 PM
More than 100 of the dead were school children.

Muslim heaven must have been running short of virgins.

Tom
12-16-2014, 01:07 PM
I wonder how many on the right think that arming the teachers is the answer to ending school shootings in Pakistan? :rolleyes:

How lame.

Tom
12-16-2014, 01:14 PM
I thought Bush had killed every Islamic terrorist in the world based on information he got from torturing the prisoners at Guantanamo. Is that what Cheney said last week? Some more must have come in via an UFO.:rolleyes:

Obama recruited them.

HUSKER55
12-16-2014, 01:20 PM
If anyone in our government does not undersstand what is going on then they should be forced to live their for 5 years.

Remember Hillary, "What difference does it matter".

I say none and we should move her ass over there as well. It would be interesting to see how response time for protection changes then.

davew
12-16-2014, 03:04 PM
I thought Hilary said "what difference does it make?"

Marshall Bennett
12-16-2014, 03:18 PM
They might as well, everyone else around there except the children seem to be armed. :cool:

Tom
12-16-2014, 03:23 PM
I thought Hilary said "what difference does it make?"

I thought that was Bill.

JustRalph
12-16-2014, 04:12 PM
http://hotair.com/archives/2014/12/16/the-taliban-is-managing-to-make-mitt-look-rather-prescient/

Looks like Romney was right

JustRalph
12-16-2014, 04:33 PM
What's missing?

classhandicapper
12-16-2014, 04:35 PM
This kind of terrorism is so sickening I don't know what to say. If I said what I am thinking now I'd probably regret it.

HUSKER55
12-16-2014, 05:36 PM
Sarah could outsmart this. What does that say about this crop of elected officials?

Clocker
12-17-2014, 12:08 AM
What's missing?

A red line?

Mention of Islamic extremism?

Mention of the decimated Taliban or Al Qaeda?

Mention of victory in the region and withdrawal of troops?

A plan?

An offer of assistance, like a drone or 2?

JustRalph
12-17-2014, 01:43 AM
A red line?

Mention of Islamic extremism?

Mention of the decimated Taliban or Al Qaeda?

Mention of victory in the region and withdrawal of troops?

A plan?

An offer of assistance, like a drone or 2?

Your second suggestion. Was my point.

But all apply

Tom
12-17-2014, 07:41 AM
A plan?

He has one. Gut the military.

classhandicapper
12-17-2014, 09:28 AM
Garry Kasparov @Kasparov63

"It is good to be "intolerant" of the organized mass murder of children. And moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue"!

"Good/evil not clear as Cold War days, no Berlin Wall symbol. But you can define enemies by their targets: liberty, education, democracy."

"Can't negotiate with Taliban & their kind. They are enemies of civilization. You do not negotiate with cancer; you kill it or it kills you."

Robert Goren
12-17-2014, 12:05 PM
This is a Pakistani problem. They allowed their version of the Taliban to exist. They raise a fuss every time we act against them. I know there some here who would like to invade Pakistan over this. Since Pakistan has nuclear weapons that would be very costly.

What I find pretty amazing the posters here who are critical of Obama because he did nothing to prevent this sad incident are the same ones who want to nothing when a school here is attacked by a armed gunman(s).

Tom
12-17-2014, 12:08 PM
How lame.
You need a new schtick, Bobby - this ones is getting old and you sound really stupid comparing the two.

Marshall Bennett
12-17-2014, 12:13 PM
This is a Pakistani problem.
There lies the root of your denial, along with other hard-headed liberals that just don't seem to get it.

classhandicapper
12-17-2014, 01:27 PM
What I find pretty amazing the posters here who are critical of Obama because he did nothing to prevent this sad incident are the same ones who want to nothing when a school here is attacked by a armed gunman(s).

One is lone crazed person, the other is a political, religious, and economic movement of millions of psychos.

Clocker
12-17-2014, 01:37 PM
This is a Pakistani problem. They allowed their version of the Taliban to exist.

The attack by the Taliban was in reprisal for Pakistani attacks on them.

The reports I have seen say that there are two distinct groups over there, the Afghan Taliban and the Pakistan Taliban. The Afghanis are laying low for now, waiting for us to leave so they can go back to business as usual.

The Pakistan Taliban are fighting the government for control of the area they occupy, with the eventual objective of taking over more of the country.

Everything I have heard indicates that our intelligence people believe that the Pakistan Taliban represent a much bigger threat to us than the Afghanis. If they can gain full control of even part of the country, they have a much stronger base for terrorism, especially if they can capture any of Pakistan's nukes, or even just some of their nuclear material.

Robert Goren
12-17-2014, 01:55 PM
One is lone crazed person, the other is a political, religious, and economic movement of millions of psychos.Crazies are still crazies whether they operate as group or alone. The right thinks the politics and/or religion and/or money drive them. It is not. It the bad wiring in their brain. A crazy in Texas is the same as a crazy in Pakistan. That the thing the right does not get. "If crazy who holds right wing values kills some one then he is a crazy. If crazy who holds values that right wing disagrees with then the crazy is an agent of those values." That is the way right wing thinks.

Tom
12-17-2014, 02:03 PM
That is absurd, even for you.

classhandicapper
12-17-2014, 02:56 PM
Crazies are still crazies whether they operate as group or alone. The right thinks the politics and/or religion and/or money drive them. It is not. It the bad wiring in their brain. A crazy in Texas is the same as a crazy in Pakistan. That the thing the right does not get. "If crazy who holds right wing values kills some one then he is a crazy. If crazy who holds values that right wing disagrees with then the crazy is an agent of those values." That is the way right wing thinks.

This is nonsensical.

As of now, we can't identify every single "lone" crazy that either goes off his meds or is given meds that drives him to act out. Fortunately, they are few and far between given we have 300m people in this country. We should do our best to make sure they do no harm no matter their religion or politics. The key being, they act independently.

We can identify many of the millions of religious crazies that think killing innocents is a legitimate political tactic. The key being, they are extremists that act in the name of a religion and political philosophy as a group.

woodtoo
12-17-2014, 03:28 PM
Call me Islamophonic, but don't you think there's something fishy about a religion whose adherents are so insistent that their religion stands for peace,
that they're prepared to kill you if you question it? And even more so in this case to kill muslim children in revenge.

HUSKER55
12-17-2014, 04:03 PM
and where do you think are fearless leader stands on this?

JustRalph
12-17-2014, 07:17 PM
Crazies are still crazies whether they operate as group or alone. The right thinks the politics and/or religion and/or money drive them. It is not. It the bad wiring in their brain. A crazy in Texas is the same as a crazy in Pakistan. That the thing the right does not get. "If crazy who holds right wing values kills some one then he is a crazy. If crazy who holds values that right wing disagrees with then the crazy is an agent of those values." That is the way right wing thinks.

Kenneth, what's the frequency?

Clocker
12-17-2014, 07:43 PM
Kenneth, what's the frequency?

Don't worry, just keep your tin foil hat on. Remember, shiny side out.

PhantomOnTour
12-17-2014, 08:01 PM
Boy, you Righties sure are rattling your cage a lot lately.

What!? The Taliban killed a bunch of Pakistani school kids in revenge for the gov't trying to eradicate them...totally Obama's fault :lol:

Loonies, all of ya' !

JustRalph
12-17-2014, 08:25 PM

What!? The Taliban killed a bunch of Pakistani school kids in revenge for the gov't trying to eradicate them...totally Obama's fault :lol:

Loonies, all of ya' !

I have to admit the point of the thread is somewhat scattered. But there is a salient point to be made here. The Taliban was a direct target of the war in Afghanistan. Over 2000 American soldiers have lost their lives pursuing the Taliban in Afghanistan. Including two in the last week. Yet our fearless leader is winding down operations within the next 60 days without any apparent follow on plan.

This event will be forgotten within a few days and there are still 200 missing Nigerian schoolgirls. Forgotten via the news cycle. Once again the news cycle reigns supreme. A few well-placed cruise missiles would make a bold statement I guess on what has occurred in Pakistan. And Pakistan would do nothing. A follow on demand to release the doctor who helped us get Osama bin Laden would be way too bold for anyone in this admin to conjure up.

Oops, I'm Thinking like Reagan again........
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/12/11/hero-doctor-who-helped-nail-bin-laden-tortured-in-pakistani-prison-says-family/

HUSKER55
12-17-2014, 09:44 PM

Loonies, all of ya' !

so you are okay with killing these kids?

you are a typical democrat.

PhantomOnTour
12-17-2014, 09:58 PM
so you are okay with killing these kids?

you are a typical democrat.
And you are wrong, as usual.
I am not a Democrat - nor am I a Republican.

How did you interpret that I am okay with over 100 kids being murdered?
Because I didn't blame Obama for it?
Furthermore - do you really think I would be fine with a massacre of children?...your anti-left obsession now has you believing that that I am okay with kids being murdered.

Get
A
Goddamned
Clue

Clocker
12-17-2014, 10:12 PM

How did you interpret that everyone here is blaming Obama? The blame is for his failure to comprehend the situation. Another Obama "Jay Vee" moment.

PhantomOnTour
12-17-2014, 10:20 PM
How did you interpret that everyone here is blaming Obama? The blame is for his failure to comprehend the situation. Another Obama "Jay Vee" moment.
So you're angry at his response? Yawwwwwwnnnnnnn :sleeping: :sleeping:

Hell, you gotta be angry at him for something...the shots at him came in Post #2, #4 and it took off from there, basically.

Clocker
12-17-2014, 10:26 PM
So you're angry at his response?

I don't expect him to deal honestly with anything any more. Nothing that happens on his watch is critical. I'm not angry. I just amuse myself pointing out that the emperor has no clothes.

Tom
12-17-2014, 10:34 PM
Part of the reason for the attacks was drone strikes.
Who but Obama sends out murdering drones?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/16/world/asia/pakistan-peshawar-school-attack/

In September 2013, choir members and children attending Sunday school were among 81 people killed in a suicide bombing at the Protestant All Saints Church of Pakistan. A splinter group of the Pakistan Taliban claimed responsibility, blaming the U.S. program of drone strikes in tribal areas of the country.

You clowns on the left insisted that Bush would cause this crap to happen by invading Iraq.....man up now and admit YOUR boy is doing exactly what YOU said would happen.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/nov/24/-sp-us-drone-strikes-kill-1147

A new analysis of the data available to the public about drone strikes, conducted by the human-rights group Reprieve, indicates that even when operators target specific individuals – the most focused effort of what Barack Obama calls “targeted killing” – they kill vastly more people than their targets, often needing to strike multiple times. Attempts to kill 41 men resulted in the deaths of an estimated 1,147 people, as of 24 November.

Proud of your boy?
Hey, no one got their hair wet at least.

Tom
12-17-2014, 10:37 PM
So you're angry at his response? Yawwwwwwnnnnnnn :sleeping: :sleeping:

Hell, you gotta be angry at him for something...the shots at him came in Post #2, #4 and it took off from there, basically.

The TRUTH came long before Post #2.

PhantomOnTour
12-17-2014, 10:41 PM
Tom...Would you rather have a drone do the work or risk an American fighter pilots' life doing the operation?

The question about drones comes down to this (imo):
Is the inaccuracy of drones or their operators (that result in some civilian deaths) worse than an American pilot being shot down?

Tom
12-17-2014, 11:01 PM
Tom...Would you rather have a drone do the work or risk an American fighter pilots' life doing the operation?

The question about drones comes down to this (imo):
Is the inaccuracy of drones or their operators (that result in some civilian deaths) worse than an American pilot being shot down?

So you are OK with your president murdering innocent people, but not with water boarding them and letting walk away? And then having potentially good intel to go get them with out drones, just like we got Osama that way?

You seem to forget the uproar here about how many innocent people were killed by Bush missile strike. I haven't.

Reality sucks.
Obama is a mass murderer.
The UN needs to demand he surrender to stand trial for war crimes.

PhantomOnTour
12-17-2014, 11:07 PM
So you are OK with your president murdering innocent people, but not with water boarding them and letting walk away? And then having potentially good intel to go get them with out drones, just like we got Osama that way?

You seem to forget the uproar here about how many innocent people were killed by Bush missile strike. I haven't.

Reality sucks.
Obama is a mass murderer.
The UN needs to demand he surrender to stand trial for war crimes.
You are just like Husker...when and where did I say I was okay with civilians being killed????
I asked YOU the question.

By the way, I am not okay with innocents being killed

Robert Goren
12-17-2014, 11:42 PM
This is nonsensical.

As of now, we can't identify every single "lone" crazy that either goes off his meds or is given meds that drives him to act out. Fortunately, they are few and far between given we have 300m people in this country. We should do our best to make sure they do no harm no matter their religion or politics. The key being, they act independently.

We can identify many of the millions of religious crazies that think killing innocents is a legitimate political tactic. The key being, they are extremists that act in the name of a religion and political philosophy as a group.Actually our crazies generally do a pretty good job of identify themselves in most cases. Whether it be the NAZI in Kansas City or the survivalist in Pennsylvania, they made themselves well known. They were passed off as harmless by some misguided authorities. It is almost never their first run in with the law. There is no way we can control crazies a half a world a way. But we can do a better job of controlling them here. It not like we don't have plenty of school shooting here to deal with. Heaven forbid that we should do that.

HUSKER55
12-18-2014, 07:00 AM
The Taliban and ISIS and etc are no different than Hitler except they are hiding behind religion and calling this a Holy War. Sooner or later this will bite the USA in the ass.

History is repeating itself. Obviously, not one of our leaders seemed to have learned anything from the past nor do they care.

These Taliban, ISIS are killing people that would never hurt them.

They need to be dealt with...NOW! Just like a cancer is to the body so are these people to humanity.

BO is in charge therefore him and the democrats that back him have to share the blame.

It is time you libs get a god damn clue and realize there is no talking our way out of this one.

You are in denial. History has proven this over and over and over.

It will be interesting to see what your response will be when it happens on your doorstep.

Of course, lest we forget, what difference does it matter now.

Tom
12-18-2014, 07:41 AM

I'd prefer our president understood what authority he doesn't have and not go around the globe murdering people at his own whim. Obama is a war criminal. He needs to face the music.

Marshall Bennett
12-18-2014, 12:03 PM
The Taliban and ISIS and etc are no different than Hitler except they are hiding behind religion and calling this a Holy War. Sooner or later this will bite the USA in the ass.

History is repeating itself. Obviously, not one of our leaders seemed to have learned anything from the past nor do they care.

They need to be dealt with...NOW! Just like a cancer is to the body so are these people to humanity.

BO is in charge therefore him and the democrats that back him have to share the blame.

It is time you libs get a god damn clue and realize there is no talking our way out of this one.

It will be interesting to see what your response will be when it happens on your doorstep.

Of course, lest we forget, what difference does it matter now.
Spot on. :ThmbUp:
Only item I might add is that these animals are even more dangerous and hard to identify with than Hitler ever hoped to be. As has been demonstrated, smaller factions can pop out most anywhere and do damage.
They'll be almost impossible to defeat entirely, but to do nothing would only be inviting their brutality with open arms.

PaceAdvantage
12-19-2014, 10:20 AM
And you are wrong, as usual.
I am not a Democrat - nor am I a Republican.

Furthermore - do you really think I would be fine with a massacre of children?...your anti-left obsession now has you believing that that I am okay with kids being murdered.

Get
A
Goddamned
ClueIf Bush took blame here on this board for everything bad that happened in the world during his admin (and look it up...the lefties blamed him for everything, including hurricanes), then why the problem with Obama taking blame for everything bad that happens in the world?

Fair is fair, right?

Or did you think it was a racial thing? :lol: :lol: :lol: :bang: :bang:

And BTW, Obama should take a little blame in this instance, should he not? We're supposedly at war with this group, are we not? This was the war that the left APPROVED of, remember? This is the JUST war (Iraq was unjust, Afghanistan was just...even I know this by now).

So...why so critical?

PaceAdvantage
12-19-2014, 10:24 AM

Of course, lest we forget, what difference does it matter now.What are you? Tom Jr.? What are we going to do? Drop an atom bomb on them and kill everyone? Because, you know, the libs tell us that's the only way you're going to win...kill everyone...because there are SO MANY terrorists out there...that's what they tell us...and Bush is the cause of all these terrorists...he created them via Iraq...don't you listen?

Of course, we didn't drop an atom bomb on Germany, yet we were able to defeat them nevertheless in WWII.

Me thinks the Taliban and ISIS would be infinitely EASIER to defeat than Nazi Germany was, but that's just me.

We have lost our balls as a military superpower.

I blame the left (Vietnam) for this.

PhantomOnTour
12-19-2014, 10:26 AM
If Bush took blame here on this board for everything bad that happened in the world during his admin (and look it up...the lefties blamed him for everything, including hurricanes), then why the problem with Obama taking blame for everything bad that happens in the world?

Fair is fair, right?

Or did you think it was a racial thing? :lol: :lol: :lol: :bang: :bang:

And BTW, Obama should take a little blame in this instance, should he not? We're supposedly at war with this group, are we not? This was the war that the left APPROVED of, remember? This is the JUST war (Iraq was unjust, Afghanistan was just...even I know this by now).

So...why so critical?
No Mike - it wasn't fair then and it's not fair now.
Just love how the Right hates the Left but uses the Lefts' behavior to justify their own actions...brilliant!

They did something despicable so now it's okay for me to do the same thing.
What a great way to absolve yourselves of responsibility

Robert Goren
12-19-2014, 11:35 AM
What are you? Tom Jr.? What are we going to do? Drop an atom bomb on them and kill everyone? Because, you know, the libs tell us that's the only way you're going to win...kill everyone...because there are SO MANY terrorists out there...that's what they tell us...and Bush is the cause of all these terrorists...he created them via Iraq...don't you listen?

Of course, we didn't drop an atom bomb on Germany, yet we were able to defeat them nevertheless in WWII.

Me thinks the Taliban and ISIS would be infinitely EASIER to defeat than Nazi Germany was, but that's just me.

I blame the left (Vietnam) for this.Before the anti war movement took off, We had already been fighting the war in Vietnam for longer than it took the United States to defeat the Nazi. The US entered WWII on Dec 7, 1941. Less than 3 and 1/2 years later on May 8, 1945, the war in Europe ended. The main deference between the wars was the upper military leadership. The generals and admirals in WWII were vastly superior to the jokers in charge during Vietnam. We have the same problem today with the poor quality of our upper leadership in the military. The last even decent general we had in a position that mattered was Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf.

Tom
12-19-2014, 11:58 AM
I think our political leaders are the cause of our failure to seal the deal, not our generals. Bush and Obama both failed to set definable goals and then tell our military git r done - both put shackles on our military. Both were too stupid to stay out of the way.

HUSKER55
12-19-2014, 12:12 PM
What are you? Tom Jr.? What are we going to do? Drop an atom bomb on them and kill everyone? Because, you know, the libs tell us that's the only way you're going to win...kill everyone...because there are SO MANY terrorists out there...that's what they tell us...and Bush is the cause of all these terrorists...he created them via Iraq...don't you listen?

I blame the left (Vietnam) for this.

on the news the other night they were talking about Benghazi and one of the speakers casually stated that there were some Apache helicopters about 200 miles away that were never called.

Surly by now everyone knows there is no such thing as a civilized war.

Nuke the bastards? I don't think the body count of the enemy would be enough to make it worth while. This war is going to go house by house and man to man. They will continue until they are confronted and eliminated on a very permanent basis.

This situation is so far past talking............

Tom
12-19-2014, 12:13 PM
Sharp post, Junior! :D

Clocker
12-19-2014, 12:16 PM
I think our political leaders are the cause of our failure to seal the deal, not our generals. Bush and Obama both failed to set definable goals and then tell our military git r done - both put shackles on our military. Both were too stupid to stay out of the way.

After we pushed Iraq back out of Kuwait in the 1st Gulf War, Bush 41 was criticized for not continuing on to Baghdad and taking out Saddam. A big reason, as explained much later by those involved in the decision, is that we knew that taking out Saddam would lead to serious sectarian violence, and we had no idea how to deal with that.

We can only assume that Bush 43 was aware of that potential problem, and invaded anyway. He apparently had no long term plan, no exit strategy, and we paid the price, including years of sectarian violence.

When Obama took office, he committed to get out of Iraq, and had no plan to deal with the consequences, including a status of forces agreement. The result was another mess that landed in our lap.

HUSKER55
12-19-2014, 12:16 PM
thanks dad! :D :D :D

Clocker
12-19-2014, 12:30 PM
The group responsible for the attack is the TTP (Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan). News is just starting to come out the the US had the TTP's number 2 man in custody in Afghanistan, and returned him to Pakistan 8 days before the attack. He was turned over to the Pakistan government, and it is not known whether Pakistan released him or if they still had him in custody at the time of the attack.

http://www.hngn.com/articles/53165/20141218/pakistan-tragedy-prevented-taliban-commander-released-u-s-eight-days.htm