PDA

View Full Version : TMM-The Master Magician

gillb
12-15-2014, 09:08 AM
Would like to buy TMM.
Does anyone have it for sale ?

Appy
12-15-2014, 12:14 PM
TIP: If you can find it you'll need a 32 bit capable (XP style) OS.

upthecreek
12-15-2014, 12:47 PM
I may be able to help,sent you a PM

keenang
12-15-2014, 04:35 PM
send me a PM.I have one

Geno

marksinger
12-15-2014, 06:13 PM
How good is the TMM?

gillb
12-15-2014, 06:40 PM
hi
What is the price.
Thanks

whodoyoulike
12-15-2014, 07:06 PM
send me a PM.I have one

Geno

Who is the developer? Is this Pizzola's program? I recall his had the word "magician" in the title.

gillb
12-16-2014, 02:46 PM
How would I know ?
Just hearsay

Bernie

acorn54
12-16-2014, 03:20 PM
How good is the TMM?

i'll add my two cents, as i was an owner of black magic which i believe is still, today, mike pizzolla's most up-to-date software version of his methodology.
i was impressed with the odds line, and it caught some bombs in the month i tried blam. mr pizzolla's software also has catagories as to what the runners
run styles are in each race, and one interesting idea was to look for what the program labeled high pressure races and bet the dominant closer(s). mr pizzolla made a convincing arguement for these types in what i thought was one of the better instructional videos using black magic.
however after having it for a month i sold it, deeming it not as beneficial as the repitoire i was using.

whodoyoulike
12-16-2014, 04:29 PM
Sorry, this is the one (black magic) I was thinking of not TMM. Or, are they the same? I heard good things about black magic that it was a very comprehensive program. Sorry to hear it wasn't good for you (acorn54).

Appy
12-17-2014, 09:00 AM
"instructional videos"

On a related note, there was originally a cd package accompanying the TMM/Value Tech program, just as BM includes an arsenal of cd/dvd discs.

I would like to see that content if anyone has them.

gillb
12-17-2014, 09:56 AM
I would like to see them as well

acorn54
12-17-2014, 11:03 AM
well here is the one i "think" i got the neat idea of betting horses labeled "closers" in races that blam rated as "high pressure " races. also if i recollect mr. pizzolla shows his winning tickets are such scenarios in the video-enjoy

http://posttimedaily.com/black-magic-the-ultimate-handicapper-software/

Speed Figure
12-17-2014, 11:38 AM
Here is his youtube page with him handicapping lots of races!

https://www.youtube.com/user/posttimesolutions/videos

upthecreek
12-17-2014, 05:14 PM
"instructional videos"

On a related note, there was originally a cd package accompanying the TMM/Value Tech program, just as BM includes an arsenal of cd/dvd discs.

From the Posttime website

That’s why Michael sat down and recorded a set of audio CDs so you can start using The Master Magician in record time.

With your copy of The Master Magician Software, we are including this remarkable set of 7 audio CD-Roms.

Doesnt appear to be videos?

Appy
12-30-2014, 02:16 PM
Are you the person currently offering for sale the audio tape package on ebay for a hundred bucks?

cato
12-31-2014, 05:58 AM
Just to be clear, TMM is way old and based on very simple numbers that were discussed in Pizzolla's book Handicapping Magic ("HM"). As a general statement it's not something you want to spend much time or money on unless you are enamored with the #s and discussion in HM and/or are a collector of handicapping software.

Black Magic aka BLAM is the "new" Pizzolla program that came out 7 or 8 years ago and it is light years ahead of TMM (there really is no comparison).

upthecreek
01-25-2015, 06:46 AM
"instructional videos"

Looks like the whole package is up on EBay Apparently there are DVDs

Appy
01-25-2015, 11:42 AM
Noticed that, but I think it is audio tapes. Not sure I even have a way to play audio tapes any more! :)
I happen to like Pizzolla's products, and especially his reasoning, but I have become a confirmed ES guy and very happy about it.

upthecreek
01-25-2015, 11:45 AM
Noticed that, but I think it is audio tapes. Not sure I even have a way to play audio tapes any more! :)
I happen to like Pizzolla's products, and especially his reasoning, but I have become a confirmed ES guy and very happy about it.

Says 11 DVDs I don't see any audio tapes

Appy
01-25-2015, 12:28 PM
Must be a newer listing than the one I saw a week or so ago. I haven't looked lately. Too busy tending my database! :)

Secondbest
01-25-2015, 01:52 PM
If you don't mind my asking Whats ES?

BELMONT 6-6-09
01-25-2015, 08:01 PM
For the HM users: a question is there any advantages (higher winning percentage) giving a look at horses that qualify in 2 or more races according to the fulcrum? It would seem to be a better position for a horse to have the double, or more qualification as opposed to one race qualification in the PP's.

Appy
01-26-2015, 01:09 AM
If you don't mind my asking Whats ES?

ES = EquiSimROI.

Clocker
01-26-2015, 01:30 PM
For the HM users: a question is there any advantages (higher winning percentage) giving a look at horses that qualify in 2 or more races according to the fulcrum? It would seem to be a better position for a horse to have the double, or more qualification as opposed to one race qualification in the PP's.

The concept of the fulcrum is to find the horse with the fastest early pace in its last race, and to use that as the projected pace for today's race. You then look at the other horses to see if they have shown the ability to run well in a race with that pace, either running with or overcoming that pace.

Obviously, the more races in which the horse shows good performances the better. And if the horse shows one only one such race and it appears to be atypical, then the horse may be questionable as a contender. Recency is also a big factor. Pizzolla says to assume that a horse's most recent race under today's conditions are the most representative of ability and current form unless there is an excuse (off track, bad start, 1st off a lay off, etc.).

HM is a fairly simple method, but I found it useful to learn to systematically go through the PPs. I still use it as a double check on some races, and find it useful to occasionally point out something I may have missed.

Secondbest
01-26-2015, 01:39 PM
ES = EquiSimROI.
Thanks

BELMONT 6-6-09
01-26-2015, 04:37 PM
The concept of the fulcrum is to find the horse with the fastest early pace in its last race, and to use that as the projected pace for today's race. You then look at the other horses to see if they have shown the ability to run well in a race with that pace, either running with or overcoming that pace.

Obviously, the more races in which the horse shows good performances the better. And if the horse shows one only one such race and it appears to be atypical, then the horse may be questionable as a contender. Recency is also a big factor. Pizzolla says to assume that a horse's most recent race under today's conditions are the most representative of ability and current form unless there is an excuse (off track, bad start, 1st off a lay off, etc.).

HM is a fairly simple method, but I found it useful to learn to systematically go through the PPs. I still use it as a double check on some races, and find it useful to occasionally point out something I may have missed.

Thanks for the reply. Now when you talk about the ability to run well with that pace, either running with or overcoming that pace. Overcoming the pace meaning the PPF, now running well, does that mean winning or an up close finish?

Clocker
01-26-2015, 05:35 PM
now running well, does that mean winning or an up close finish?

"Running well" is my term. It's a subjective evaluation meaning that the horse ran well enough against the probable pace of the race to be considered a contender. It could be in the money, a strong close, fast early pace and tired, etc.

BELMONT 6-6-09
01-26-2015, 06:26 PM
Thanks. I understand the concept of setting or over coming the pace. Naturally this is used in non-maiden dirt races especially as some races a fulcrum cannot be determined unless a constant is settled on.

Now as to your comment on double qualifiers on the fulcrum being a potential better qualifier I would think that a lone fulcrum in a race would be especially solid provided it offered value.

Clocker
01-26-2015, 06:45 PM
Thanks. I understand the concept of setting or over coming the pace. Naturally this is used in non-maiden dirt races especially as some races a fulcrum cannot be determined unless a constant is settled on.

Now as to your comment on double qualifiers on the fulcrum being a potential better qualifier I would think that a lone fulcrum in a race would be especially solid provided it offered value.

I may have misunderstood your initial question. There is always one fulcrum, the horse with the fastest pace in its most recent race. I thought you were asking about other horses that had more than one pace line in its past races that were as good as or better than the fulcrum.

BELMONT 6-6-09
01-26-2015, 06:57 PM
I may have misunderstood your initial question. There is always one fulcrum, the horse with the fastest pace in its most recent race. I thought you were asking about other horses that had more than one pace line in its past races that were as good as or better than the fulcrum.

Sorry Clocker I should have been more specific. I was referring to the horse that is not the fulcrum of the race that exhibits 2 or more qualifying races in his PP 's and if this horse would be considered a better overall bet ( win percentage) then a selection that qualified under the fulcrum with only one race. IMO, the double qualifier is more proven to benefit from his fulcrum qualification all other things being equal.

RXB
01-26-2015, 08:09 PM

It's been about a dozen years since I read Handicapping Magic and I don't use the fulcrum pace concept, but I know that it was more involved than just the horse with the fastest pace in its most recent race.

My recollection is that a fulcrum horse had to satisfy certain competitive requirements from its most recent race (within a certain number of lengths at both pace call and finish; don't remember the exact number) and that it had also competed to those requirements against a similar or faster pace at least once prior to its most recent race. If more than one horse satisfied those guidelines, then the faster last-race pace was chosen as the fulcrum. In some races there was no fulcrum.

Clocker
01-26-2015, 08:42 PM
It's been about a dozen years since I read Handicapping Magic and I don't use the fulcrum pace concept, but I know that it was more involved than just the horse with the fastest pace in its most recent race.

You are correct. I was not trying to explain the system, I just talking about the relation between the pace of the fulcrum and the past races of the other horses.

BELMONT 6-6-09
01-26-2015, 08:45 PM
The fulcrum can be a very good elimination rule to avoid horses that have a disadvantage winning the race ( in races where the fulcrum is valid)