PDA

View Full Version : Take Charge Brandi is for real

dilanesp
12-14-2014, 01:19 AM
She's got a lot of guts. Very nice win today.

cj
12-14-2014, 01:21 AM
She's got a lot of guts. Very nice win today.

She has certainly earned the Eclipse, but she did have a very nice pace set up today. The opening 1/2 was moderate at best.

Track Phantom
12-14-2014, 05:47 AM
She beat nothing in the Starlet. In fact, it can be argued she beat nothing in the Delta Princess, as well.

She's a nice filly but a bet against if she faces a bit better.

maclr11
12-14-2014, 06:19 AM
Whose honestly better right now?

Lady Eli on the grass

Top Decile, Wonder Gal, Puca maybe?

Yes shes gonna get beat at some point but the competition hasn't really displayed itself yet. From what I've seen if she doesn't get hooked in a crazy dual shes gonna be very tough against any 2YO filly in the country right now.

JustRalph
12-14-2014, 09:45 AM
How does an 87 Beyer stack up? In a grade 1 ?

Tom
12-14-2014, 10:10 AM
Average for 2yoF at 8-8,5 on dirt is 86.

taxicab
12-14-2014, 09:37 PM
Her race was BTL.
That's a very long stretch at Los Alamitos, and it's tough to go wire to wire routing.
Only 4 of 21{19%} have wired the competition going two turns during the current meet.
And a couple of those winners were heavily favored maidens with distinct class edges.
Her final 5/16ths came back 30 and change,a solid come home on that track.
She was never going to let Feathered(a nice Pletcher filly) or anyone else by her,and Espinoza only had to whip her once.
It was a hand ride because Victor knew he was on a bulldog.
Classy race from a Gr.1 Filly.

horses4courses
12-14-2014, 09:42 PM
I agree with taxi.
She's a very nice G1 filly with loads of heart.

Likely that she will find a few better than her next year,
but she'll win her share with that appetite for a battle. :ThmbUp:

letswastemoney
12-14-2014, 11:31 PM
I have thought Take Charge Brandi was real since her maiden win and second versus Fashion Alert. A horse sired by Giants Causeway x route dam doesn't get that good early without having talent.

I don't know what happened in the flops in between, but she is back to a high level, and on TimeformUS she is running numbers in the 100 range (I know it's a slightly different scale).

PaceAdvantage
12-15-2014, 01:05 AM
Look at all of you...jumping on my bandwagon... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kidding...

Stillriledup
12-15-2014, 06:51 AM
l-1wXXW6sY8

classhandicapper
12-15-2014, 10:57 AM
I have mixed feelings on her. She's clearly game as all hell. But I'm kind of suspect about the quality of the 2yo fillies. I'd be kind of surprised if some late developer doesn't move past her next year unless she also moves forward significantly.

The Beyer PAR for the Starlet since 1991 is a 93, but that's probably as little low because it has been run on synthetic in recent years and those figures tend to be a little depressed. Call it a 94.

lamboguy
12-15-2014, 01:09 PM
I have mixed feelings on her. She's clearly game as all hell. But I'm kind of suspect about the quality of the 2yo fillies. I'd be kind of surprised if some late developer doesn't move past her next year unless she also moves forward significantly.

The Beyer PAR for the Starlet since 1991 is a 93, but that's probably as little low because it has been run on synthetic in recent years and those figures tend to be a little depressed. Call it a 94.i agree but she did beat a real good field in the Breeder's Cup. this horse looks like she can take some pounding, her legs look like they are made of steel. if he can keep her going through the winter she will be mighty tough. there is no way you can knock him the way he has trained and handled her through this point.

1GCFAN
12-15-2014, 09:43 PM
She has convinced me. I had her as a big bet against at Delta. Contested lead and she still won. SA, Delta bull ring and LA monster stretch. She doesn't need to carry her track or her surface with her.

ultracapper
12-16-2014, 01:58 AM
I agree with taxi also. That stretch at Los Al is very challenging for forwardly placed horses going a route. Like CJ said, the pace was moderate, but that is the only way you're getting home on the front end at 2 turns on that track. There is no "surviving" a speed duel entering that long home stretch. Matter of fact, quite often a moderate pace can be a killer on that stretch. I agree with whoever said it was better than it looked (BTL).