PDA

View Full Version : Worse travel in NBA history?

cj
12-13-2014, 12:54 PM
hfdrP7QX9PM

cj
12-13-2014, 12:56 PM
This is the only one I can think of that is close:

LNdDsriVwmU

lamboguy
12-13-2014, 01:15 PM
that was the most steps i have ever seen, but Wilt Chamberlain always took 3 or more steps and they never called a violation on him for over 10 years.

Robert Fischer
12-13-2014, 04:52 PM
I like that the Wade one.

Even without being picky on the jump-stop when he receives the ball, he took about 4 steps :D.

Apparently it wasn't called by the referees??

He "looked the part". He traveled with authority and confidence.

cj
12-13-2014, 05:22 PM
I like that the Wade one.

Even without being picky on the jump-stop when he receives the ball, he took about 4 steps :D.

Apparently it wasn't called by the referees??

He "looked the part". He traveled with authority and confidence.

Nope, no call. He not only traveled on the "stop", he traveled about three more times after it.

GameTheory
12-13-2014, 05:28 PM
I've seen lots of those -- they never seem to call it when it is a breakaway no-defender situation.

cj
12-13-2014, 05:32 PM
I've seen lots of those -- they never seem to call it when it is a breakaway no-defender situation.

Me too, but never that bad...he didn't dribble inside the three point line. It was literally six steps without dribbling.

Robert Fischer
12-13-2014, 07:12 PM
Nope, no call. He not only traveled on the "stop", he traveled about three more times after it.
oh man

I mean, yea...
Those 'jump stop' moves are notorious, and there's things you can do as far as picking up your dribble on the right or left foot stride that basically gives you an extra half-step... And you will see guys (from memory may or may not be correct - thinking of Magic Johnson extending a fake-and-pass, or Patrick Ewing with a running hook shot across the lane) claim a little 'extra territory' with a signature move...

but those are ridiculous.

The dunk on the first one had to be called.

college, but funny:
-7DjZehIGvs

Robert Fischer
12-13-2014, 11:34 PM
King James with his own brand of "air walk" , and some entertaining commentary (bonus Pau Gasol's flashiest career move ever)
kF3P2Lr9NAY

MutuelClerk
12-14-2014, 07:37 PM
Just find a video where Patrick Ewing caught the ball and tried to dribble. It will be comparable. Pretty great college player very overrated pro player.

onefast99
12-16-2014, 11:08 AM
Just find a video where Patrick Ewing caught the ball and tried to dribble. It will be comparable. Pretty great college player very overrated pro player.
Ewing had no one who could defend him in college except when Pearl Washington hit him in the mid section(1985)that was a classic.

cj
12-16-2014, 11:39 AM
Ewing had no one who could defend him in college except when Pearl Washington hit him in the mid section(1985)that was a classic.

Ewing was much more a defensive presence than offensive in college. His offense developed in the NBA.

I'm not sure how anyone can say the guy was overrated, he is Hall of Famer, first ballot.

ronsmac
12-16-2014, 12:46 PM
Just find a video where Patrick Ewing caught the ball and tried to dribble. It will be comparable. Pretty great college player very overrated pro player.Defensive monster at Georgetown but pretty limited offensively. Good player in the nba but always got schooled by Robinson and Hakeem and later Shaq. Once those knees went , his game got ugly.