PDA

View Full Version : Queen's County

Tom
12-12-2014, 10:59 PM
Vijack - back to 9 furlongs.
Does he take enough money out to make the race interesting?

9 furlongs is not an easy distance, these days, although Micromanage is cutting back to it!

The field is 33/7 at the distance and 22/5 on the inner track.

Stormin Monarcho's looks tough, maybe Vijack takes enough to make his odds worth a second look?

But I think the uncoupled entry makes Wealth to Me look pretty good in here. Back in 7, third off a layoff, jock/trainer are 28% with a positive roi as a team.

MJC922
12-13-2014, 12:01 AM
Vyjack getting weight from some of these horses that are breaking outside of him really gives me the sense that he should win in here. If he gets a clean trip, no excuse in my book.

jk3521
12-13-2014, 08:06 AM
Taking a shot with :8:. Like those mile works leading up to the race.

Ocala Mike
12-13-2014, 01:03 PM
Taking a shot with :8:. Like those mile works leading up to the race.

Don't hate me, jk. Ditto on the :8: .

Robert Fischer
12-13-2014, 03:30 PM
This is a hard race.

Vyjack should be an underlay, which makes it worth a shot against if you have an opinion.

Vyjack is good. And Vyjack has not problem w/ the distance per se.
He just has a tendency to flatten out of late in the stretch.

Robert Fischer
12-13-2014, 03:41 PM
vyjack is a fair-sized underlay, but i don't like any of these horses

percussion is an overlay, but not a high percentage play

you really want to use 2 or 3 horses here

:7: :6: :2: :1: ??

i don't know ... probably be one of these 'grinding' in the stretch with vyjack. i'll pass.

Tom
12-13-2014, 03:47 PM
Thank God for entries! ;)
Micromanage, on the cut back. :D

Stillriledup
12-13-2014, 03:51 PM

Right, 9.70 doesn't hurt!

MJC922
12-13-2014, 03:54 PM

Take it any way you can get it. Boy they sure made Vyjack take a number going to the 3/8ths, people have had shorter waits at the DMV.

Tom
12-13-2014, 03:56 PM
Well, I really messed that one up!
I thought Stormin Monarco was coupled with Micromange, so I bet the entry, liking SM. And get a winner for being stupid. :D

Robert Fischer
12-13-2014, 03:56 PM
vyjack is a fair-sized underlay, but i don't like any of these horses
*percussion is an overlay, but not a high percentage play
*you really want to use 2 or 3 horses here
:7: :6: :2: :1: ??
*i don't know ... probably be one of these 'grinding' in the stretch with vyjack. i'll pass.
probably was wise to pass.

Vyjack ran to form, may have been slightly closer had a hole opened up for Vyjack sooner, but on first-glance his late energy appeared to have been exaggerated a bit from that trip. He's a classy guy, he just isn't a horse that can control a race and finish big.

Hard to make a ton of money with the winner being a 7-2 and my opinion requiring the use of several horses.

Was a 'usable' leg in a multi-race wager, particularly if I had a value leg near by.

Valuist
12-13-2014, 04:22 PM
Well, I really messed that one up!
I thought Stormin Monarco was coupled with Micromange, so I bet the entry, liking SM. And get a winner for being stupid. :D

At the pay window, they never ask "how". And you mentioned Micromanage cutting back in the initial post. Between Florida and NY, Pletcher has won 3 races in the last half hour.

Stillriledup
12-15-2014, 06:54 AM
D9XHFN6MSOg

MJC922
12-15-2014, 07:15 AM
One travesty of a result.

classhandicapper
12-15-2014, 11:37 AM
It would have been interesting to see the result if Vyjack didn't have to wait so long before finally being able to run. Sometimes when the pace is lively like that, first move is not an advantage. But it seemed like Vyjack was loaded and a few of the closers got the jump on him.

cj
12-15-2014, 11:46 AM
It would have been interesting to see the result if Vyjack didn't have to wait so long before finally being able to run. Sometimes when the pace is lively like that, first move is not an advantage. But it seemed like Vyjack was loaded and a few of the closers got the jump on him.

Agree, but he also saved a lot of ground. That is one of the dangers of staying inside. If he is four wide around the turn does he win? I'm very leery of horses blocked inside as bet backs. Had he not steadied, it would have been a perfect trip win. And, he had the length of the stretch to run down the winner.

Secondbest
12-15-2014, 11:53 AM
Vyjack got a horrible ride.Stuck on the raíl blocked on the backstrech slight check on the turn blocked off the turn had to bull through after 2 tríes and Still got second. NeXT time he'll be on the outside and we may get a different result

cj
12-15-2014, 11:56 AM
Vyjack got a horrible ride.Stuck on the raíl blocked on the backstrech slight check on the turn blocked off the turn had to bull through after 2 tríes and Still got second. NeXT time he'll be on the outside and we may get a different result

The irony is if he faced the same group, he'd probably be bet even harder after the loss.

classhandicapper
12-15-2014, 12:01 PM
Agree, but he also saved a lot of ground. That is one of the dangers of staying inside. If he is four wide around the turn does he win? I'm very leery of horses blocked inside as bet backs. Had he not steadied, it would have been a perfect trip win. And, he had the length of the stretch to run down the winner.

I agree with this.

I was just commenting on the result. He was loaded and lost the first run he was positioned to get.

Secondbest
12-15-2014, 12:25 PM
The irony is if he faced the same group, he'd probably be bet even harder after the loss.
Your right

MJC922
12-15-2014, 12:35 PM

No doubt now that those who cashed can see how lucky they were.

cj
12-15-2014, 12:36 PM
No doubt now that those who cashed can see how lucky they were.

Like I said, no guarantee he wins if he has the same trip as the winner.

MJC922
12-15-2014, 12:40 PM
Like I said, no guarantee he wins if he has the same trip as the winner.

:) by all means keep going, you're giving me hope... seriously this horse didn't even know he was in a race until the 1/8th pole. If he's circling four wide then he's completely seizing command of this race mid-turn and quickly going clear by several lengths into the lane. At that point the winner is just a suck-up second, I would take 1/9 on that.

classhandicapper
12-15-2014, 12:55 PM
It's a legitimate trip question to ponder. That's why I said it would be interesting. On some days the ground loss swamps the impact of having to wait and on other days having to wait swamps the ground loss. I haven't reviewed the day yet.

classhandicapper
12-15-2014, 12:56 PM
IMO it's a legitimate trip question to ponder. That's why I said it would be interesting. On some days the ground loss swamps the impact of having to wait and on other days having to wait swamps the ground loss. I haven't reviewed the day yet.

cj
12-15-2014, 09:32 PM
The chart maker makes no mention of any trouble for Vyjack.