PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between Boehner and Obama?

Tom
12-12-2014, 03:43 PM
Large, thousands of pages bill, no time to read it, afraid to voe on it before the election, chock full of waste, pork, cronyism, special interests payback.....

.....Boehner, Obama No difference.
How can the repubs keeps this miserable POS as the speaker?

lamboguy
12-12-2014, 04:04 PM
basically nothing, one claims to have affiliation to the democrats and the other republicans.

Clocker
12-12-2014, 04:20 PM
basically nothing, one claims to have affiliation to the democrats and the other republicans.

Those would be the evil party and the stupid party.

Boehner is a good argument for term limits. I was going to say the poster boy for term limits, but that would be a crowded poster, with Reid, Pelosi, McConnell, Feinstein, McCain, etc.

Boehner makes sense sometimes, like refusing to consider a comprehensive immigration bill, and then rams through a comprehensive (incomprehensible) spending bill.

Clocker
12-12-2014, 05:04 PM
At least Obama has a good excuse for not getting things done. The man has a lot on his plate.

While on ESPN radio with Colin Cowherd, President Obama admitted that he gets a little overwhelmed by politics in the morning and looks to a different kind of news channel.

“Listen, I spend most of my time watching ESPN in the morning,” Obama said. “I get so much politics I don’t, you know, want to be inundated with a bunch of chatter about politics during the day.”

A report in October from the Government Accountability Institute noted Obama has missed 62.5 percent of his daily intelligence briefings during his presidency.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/obama-i-spend-most-of-my-time-watching-espn-in-the-morning/

HUSKER55
12-12-2014, 05:12 PM
does it really matter, we get screwed either way.

Saratoga_Mike
12-12-2014, 05:19 PM
Large, thousands of pages bill, no time to read it, afraid to voe on it before the election, chock full of waste, pork, cronyism, special interests payback.....

How can the repubs keeps this miserable POS as the speaker?

The CR is great - keeps the sequestration in place - probably Obama's great (unintentional) feat as prez.

LottaKash
12-12-2014, 05:24 PM
Imo, both guys "suck big time"....It is almost as if they are taking orders from the real guys behind the curtain....heehee..

They are both hellbent on the deliberate destruction of our nation and it's Constitution, and that is how I see it...... Both should be replaced, period !

But that will never happen, as the ball has rolled past the tipping point of no return, I think.... :(

DJofSD
12-12-2014, 06:25 PM
Welp, at least 'bamy hasn't cried on TV.

JustRalph
12-12-2014, 06:44 PM
Welp, at least 'bamy hasn't cried on TV.

two years to go?

DJofSD
12-12-2014, 06:48 PM
two years to go?
Elephant's gestation period is about that long.

Washington Post: http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/opinions/2014/12/12/worst-year-in-washington-2014/

Ocala Mike
12-12-2014, 06:48 PM
The vast majority of legislators are "cookie-cutter" types with allegiance only to the corporations that run this country and write the checks. The only differences now are between those on the extreme fringes: Progressives like Warren and Sanders and Tea Party types like Cruz and my representative, Yoho.

Robert Goren
12-12-2014, 07:23 PM

How can the repubs keeps this miserable POS as the speaker?Because he is the weakest speaker in history and he can't/won't force them to vote for something they don't want to. He scared shitless of the tea party and passes a bunch of bills just for them that go no place after they leave the House. He knows none of the bills can get the 60 votes in the Senate to pass them. There is no bigger special interest group outside of the NRA than the self proclaimed House members of the tea party. A power speaker would have put them in their place long ago. And they know it.

DJofSD
12-12-2014, 08:23 PM
Sean Hannity:
“John ‘Gruber’ Boehner, two days after the midterm elections, talking tough on the issue of amnesty, but unfortunately, that’s all it was. Because today it’s conservatives who feel like they’ve been burned as the Speaker aligned himself with the president, with Harry Reid, Steny Hoyer and Joe Biden to pass a spending bill a short time ago…

John Boehner ‘Grubered’ conservatives tonight and by that, I mean, the conservative base in particular, and Michelle Bachmann hit the nail on the head. He never would have done this before the election. He has no inspiring vision and to me, he is everything that is wrong with Washington. He is a Democratic Party-lite. He doesn’t have those bold colored differences that Reagan talked about. And he should, in my view, he should not be the Speaker and should be replaced.”

Clocker
12-12-2014, 08:58 PM
John ‘Gruber’ Boehner, two days after the midterm elections, talking tough on the issue of amnesty, but unfortunately, that’s all it was.

Boehner isn't the greatest speaker ever, but he certainly has more political savvy than Hannity. This was not the time to fight the amnesty battle. If Boehner fought that battle now, the government would have been shut down and the GOP would have been blamed.

Boehner did two thing smart on this. He tossed the hot potato to Harry Reid, and the Dems in the Senate are not happy with Obama or with this bill. If the government shuts down, and it still could, the Dems in the Senate are obviously to blame.

Also, there is an amnesty time bomb in the bill. The CR funds the government until next September, except Homeland Security. DHS is only funded until the end of February. So when the new Congress opens for business in January, with a stronger GOP House and a GOP Senate, one of the first items on the docket will be funding DHS. And amnesty. Or not.

boxcar
12-12-2014, 09:17 PM
The answer to the question in the thread should be obvious to all: Skin color. That's all.

Tor Ekman
12-12-2014, 09:32 PM
The answer to the question in the thread should be obvious to all: Skin color. That's all.
One's black, the other's orange. Boner is a much better golfer than Obummer, and probably plays a lot less. On weekends Boner wears Haggar slacks, Obummer wears mom jeans. Boner smokes stogies, Obummer smokes cigs when he can sneak them out of sight from the boss. There are probably some other, more subtle differences.

Ocala Mike
12-12-2014, 09:51 PM
One's black, the other's orange.

Good one; maybe the title of the thread should now be "Orange is the New Black."

Tor Ekman
12-12-2014, 11:25 PM
Good one; maybe the title of the thread should now be "Orange is the New Black."
Back at ya: We'll done!

Saratoga_Mike
12-13-2014, 01:21 PM

You're insane if you see no political differences between Obama and Boehner - you might want to start by seeing where Boehner stands on social issues, then get back to me.

lamboguy
12-13-2014, 01:39 PM
You're insane if you see no political differences between Obama and Boehner - you might want to start by seeing where Boehner stands on social issues, then get back to me.they all say one thing and act a different way.

i find it a lot tougher to handicap a politician than a horse race. at least with a horse race i have some chance of getting my money back, with politician's i don't have a prayer.

Saratoga_Mike
12-13-2014, 01:41 PM
they all say one thing and act a different way.

i find it a lot tougher to handicap a politician than a horse race. at least with a horse race i have some chance of getting my money back, with politician's i don't have a prayer.

Show me John Boehner's votes on social issues. Now show me Obama's votes/positions on social issues. Polar opposites. Therefore, I have no idea what you're talking about.

DJofSD
12-13-2014, 02:57 PM
You're insane if you see no political differences between Obama and Boehner - you might want to start by seeing where Boehner stands on social issues, then get back to me.
All cats look grey in the dark.

Saratoga_Mike
12-13-2014, 02:59 PM

Ignoring the radical differences between Boehner and Obama on social issues doesn't mean the differences don't exist.

DJofSD
12-13-2014, 03:30 PM
Ignoring the radical differences between Boehner and Obama on social issues doesn't mean the differences don't exist.
Not disagreeing however if you don't act but just acquiesce what comes out of it is nothing, so, what's the difference?

Saratoga_Mike
12-13-2014, 03:38 PM
Not disagreeing however if you don't act but just acquiesce what comes out of it is nothing, so, what's the difference?

I simply said O and B have major policy differences on social issues, and B's votes on said issues prove that. How is that not a difference?

Anyway, extending my thought to others issues, you can't always let the perfect be the enemy of the good. I live in reality as does JB, not what I would ideally like the world to look like.

Tom
12-13-2014, 03:42 PM
And they all poop in it, too.

DJofSD
12-13-2014, 03:42 PM
I simply said O and B have major policy differences on social issues, and B's votes on said issues prove that. How is that not a difference?

Anyway, extending my thought to others issues, you can't always let the perfect be the enemy of the good. I live in reality as does JB, not what I would ideally like the world to look like.
Your perspective is from looking at Obama, mine is from looking at Bone-head.

Yes, Obama pursues his believes. Bone-head just goes along to get along -- that tells me nothing about what he believes.

Tom
12-13-2014, 03:44 PM
The no difference I was referring to were the way this bill and Obama care were handled.

Lots of different types of crap goes into the garbage, but it all smells the same.

Saratoga_Mike
12-13-2014, 03:58 PM
The no difference I was referring to were the way this bill and Obama care were handled.

Lots of different types of crap goes into the garbage, but it all smells the same.

Fair points.

Saratoga_Mike
12-13-2014, 04:00 PM
Your perspective is from looking at Obama, mine is from looking at Bone-head.

Yes, Obama pursues his believes. Bone-head just goes along to get along -- that tells me nothing about what he believes.

...or perhaps Boehner realizes not every GOP member is a Texas-type conservative, and he lives with that reality

Tom
12-13-2014, 04:12 PM
No, he is a sniveling coward who sold out.
The election soundly rejected the left and he is too much of a chicken to stop worrying about what the press will say about him.

The man is a zero, a nothing.
If he remains as SOH, the Dems have nothing to worry about.

The idiot republicans have no idea what winning means. They are losers, champion losers.

The only hope is the conservative wing.

Greyfox
12-13-2014, 04:12 PM
Boehner is a tear shedder.

Obama is smear spreader.

Saratoga_Mike
12-13-2014, 04:43 PM
No, he is a sniveling coward who sold out.
The election soundly rejected the left and he is too much of a chicken to stop worrying about what the press will say about him.

The man is a zero, a nothing.
If he remains as SOH, the Dems have nothing to worry about.

The idiot republicans have no idea what winning means. They are losers, champion losers.

The only hope is the conservative wing.

Non-defense discretionary spending will total $554 billion in FY15 (what they just voted on).

What type of growth does that represent over the past four yrs? 1.7%/yr. When's the last time government grew so slowly? You think Obama and Reid were behind this slowdown in spending? You'll say government should be smaller. Fine - that's ideal; it isn't reality. Boehner deals with reality.

Saratoga_Mike
12-13-2014, 04:49 PM
From FY00 to FY08, non-defense discretionary spend grew 74.1%, or 7.2%/yr.

Tom
12-13-2014, 10:19 PM
Boehner deals in backrooms.

Greyfox
12-14-2014, 12:20 AM
Boehner deals in backrooms.

Obama deals in backstabbing and tossing people under buses.

Tom
12-14-2014, 08:50 AM
Twins.

With all the people in this country (legally), we have to settle for two of this low, questionable quality as our leaders?

This is the best we got?
We are dead, stick a fork in us.

HUSKER55
12-14-2014, 09:49 AM
obama provides lip service to boehner......while golfing and inbetween putts of coarse.

Saratoga_Mike
12-14-2014, 02:04 PM
Twins.

With all the people in this country (legally), we have to settle for two of this low, questionable quality as our leaders?

This is the best we got?
We are dead, stick a fork in us.

I don't think Boehner is a particularly effective or strong leader, but there's a substantive difference between his policy positions and Obama's. If you don't agree with that, you must credit Obama and Reid for restraining domestic, non-defense discretionary over the past few years. In my opinion, Obama would love to grow discretionary spend at a much higher rate. Same for Reid. There are zero facts to support B as an Obama clone.

Tom
12-14-2014, 03:41 PM
I am not talking about policies, for the second time.
I am talking about actions, reliability, honesty, integrity - both are total washouts on all counts. And, bottom line, neither one cares about America - only themselves and their cronies. What they vote on is irrelevant - when you put together a POS bill like the >1tril budget that just passed, you are burying a lot of pork and payoffs in it.

An honest budget would have funded the gov't bare-bones until Jan 31, then hand it over the Congress the PEOPLE voted for, not this one that was rejected.

Lames duck never do any good for anyone but themselves.
We should be allowed to hunt lame ducks.

Saratoga_Mike
12-14-2014, 03:45 PM
I am not talking about policies, for the second time.
I am talking about actions, reliability, honesty, integrity - both are total washouts on all counts. And, bottom line, neither one cares about America - only themselves and their cronies. What they vote on is irrelevant - when you put together a POS bill like the >1tril budget that just passed, you are burying a lot of pork and payoffs in it.

An honest budget would have funded the gov't bare-bones until Jan 31, then hand it over the Congress the PEOPLE voted for, not this one that was rejected.

Lames duck never do any good for anyone but themselves.
We should be allowed to hunt lame ducks.

What they vote on is irrelevant? That doesn't even make sense.

Again, the GOP caucus isn't compromised of 225 Tom's. Boehner must live with that reality.

I presented you with discretionary (non-defense) spending over the past few years - isn't that what we're focused on? Wait, you don't care about that --- it's what was voted on. The facts just aren't on your side.

Tom
12-14-2014, 03:51 PM
Believe whatever you want to, but if you thing Boehner is looking out for you, you deserve what you get from him. You clearly have no clue what I am talking about.

Saratoga_Mike
12-14-2014, 03:54 PM
Believe whatever you want to, but if you thing Boehner is looking out for you, you deserve what you get from him. You clearly have no clue what I am talking about.

I've presented budgetary facts; you've presented unsubstantiated opinion.

Tom
12-14-2014, 03:58 PM
Clearly, not a clue.

Saratoga_Mike
12-14-2014, 04:03 PM
Clearly, not a clue.

Anyone who disagrees with you is clueless OR perhaps you aren't articulating your position well? In any case, no need to get upset. I thought we were having a friendly back and forth. I'll drop it.

boxcar
12-15-2014, 08:02 AM

And you're hopelessly naive if you don't see all the similarities between them.

Tom
12-15-2014, 08:21 AM
Anyone who disagrees with you is clueless OR perhaps you aren't articulating your position well? In any case, no need to get upset. I thought we were having a friendly back and forth. I'll drop it.
Do I get to pick?
I'll go with clueless. ;)

(We were, not evident through just words)