PDA

View Full Version : The future speed of PPs is no longer in the future

MarcAtTimeformUS
12-12-2014, 01:28 PM
You may want to check out the free race of the week on the new Ragozin PPs site. It's a fairly quick process to sign up and get Ragozin PPs for Saturday's El Prado at Gulfstream at no charge.

Here's the link to check it out:
http://ragozinppstour.com/2014/10/23/free-race-of-the-week/

Here's why it's possibly worth your time:

1) It's an interesting combination of the speed figures from The Sheets and modern digital PPs (a lot of architecture, design and Pace Projector is from the team who brought you TimeformUS).

2) If you're a TimeformUS customer, you'll get a sneak peak of just how fast TimeformUS will become over the winter, as we will soon deploy the same processes (but not Ragozin figures, of course) onto the TimeformUS site.

3) Even if you could care less about either Ragozin or TimeformUS, seeing online PPs move this fast for the first time is a sight (or site) to see. In some ways it's like seeing the web move as fast as print PPs for the first time.

It works with Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and yes, IE 10 and higher. It's super on an iPad. It flies on a high speed connection but is still pretty wicked fast with even an iffy internet connection.

Enjoy.

Flysofree
12-12-2014, 01:52 PM
You may want to check out the free race of the week on the new Ragozin PPs site. It's a fairly quick process to sign up and get Ragozin PPs for Saturday's El Prado at Gulfstream at no charge.

Here's the link to check it out:
http://ragozinppstour.com/2014/10/23/free-race-of-the-week/

Here's why it's possibly worth your time:

1) It's an interesting combination of the speed figures from The Sheets and modern digital PPs (a lot of architecture, design and Pace Projector is from the team who brought you TimeformUS).

2) If you're a TimeformUS customer, you'll get a sneak peak of just how fast TimeformUS will become over the winter, as we will soon deploy the same processes (but not Ragozin figures, of course) onto the TimeformUS site.

3) Even if you could care less about either Ragozin or TimeformUS, seeing online PPs move this fast for the first time is a sight (or site) to see. In some ways it's like seeing the web move as fast as print PPs for the first time.

It works with Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and yes, IE 10 and higher. It's super on an iPad. It flies on a high speed connection but is still pretty wicked fast with even an iffy internet connection.

Enjoy.

I don't consider something being free that you have to sign up for..but I understand.

DeltaLover
12-12-2014, 01:56 PM
I don't consider something being free that you have to sign up for..but I understand. :ThmbUp:

I have to agree..

cj
12-12-2014, 01:58 PM
I don't consider something being free that you have to sign up for..but I understand.

This has been brought up before with DRF, TimeformUS, etc., almost certain it is an Equibase requirement.

Flysofree
12-12-2014, 02:22 PM
I don't know and I am NOT REPEATING NOT advertising for them. BUT You don't have to sign up to see E-Ponies Free picks. His numbers are generated from Bris..

cj
12-12-2014, 02:32 PM
I don't know and I am NOT REPEATING NOT advertising for them. BUT You don't have to sign up to see E-Ponies Free picks. His numbers are generated from Bris..

I have no idea what that is, but if you have a contract with Equibase, like I said, it is a requirement. I looked pretty quickly at the site and they are not past performances, not that I can find.

Back on topic, I think it is worth seeing the speed of these PPs. I was blown away when I first saw how fast they work on a PC. It was maybe even faster on a tablet.

Rise Over Run
12-12-2014, 03:25 PM
I don't care how slow the PPs are as long as they lead me to the fastest horse. :jump: :jump:

Flysofree
12-12-2014, 05:06 PM
I don't care how slow the PPs are as long as they lead me to the fastest horse. :jump: :jump:

Yep same here... I can't figure out what the guy means by fast PP.

cj
12-12-2014, 08:12 PM
Yep same here... I can't figure out what the guy means by fast PP.

Fast, as in speed...the response to anything you do with your mouse or by touching on a tablet is nearly instantaneous.

Fingal
12-12-2014, 09:32 PM
I signed up since I have a specific Email for stuff like this that is separate from my main one I use so it was no big deal.

I see what you mean by speed.

Dave Schwartz
12-12-2014, 09:48 PM
IMHO, only being able to view 7 PP lines at a time is a problem. Is there any way to change the font size to get more on the screen? It just kills the whole eyeball scan thing.

To be fair, it is a work of beauty, however.

Tom
12-12-2014, 09:51 PM
It is certainly fast, but am I missing something?
The figs are not graphed?
The graphing is the essence of the sheets.

cj
12-12-2014, 10:44 PM
IMHO, only being able to view 7 PP lines at a time is a problem. Is there any way to change the font size to get more on the screen? It just kills the whole eyeball scan thing.

To be fair, it is a work of beauty, however.

Sure, just like any other web page.

JustRalph
12-12-2014, 11:18 PM
Ok, it's fast. What's the ancient Chinese secret?

Server tech? Caching? Come on....give us a hint.

PaceAdvantage
12-13-2014, 04:18 AM
So, the first few responses to this thread are a couple of guys bitching that having to sign up with an email address does not make something free.

Interesting perspective. What exactly does signing up cost you in monetary terms? Nothing. Thus that equals free in every book of money I've ever read.

You're going to get all philosophical on me and say a part of your dignity was lost? Your self-respect? Or perhaps you will claim that by signing up, you are now at a (for all intents and purposes minuscule) higher risk of identity theft (assuming you don't provide them with false information to begin with) then you were before you signed up?

Oh, and then we get the obligatory plug for E-Ponies from Flysofree... :lol: :lol:

Way to kill a thread before it gets started. Job well done boys.

jk3521
12-13-2014, 08:11 AM
So, the first few responses to this thread are a couple of guys bitching that having to sign up with an email address does not make something free.

Interesting perspective. What exactly does signing up cost you in monetary terms? Nothing. Thus that equals free in every book of money I've ever read.

You're going to get all philosophical on me and say a part of your dignity was lost? Your self-respect? Or perhaps you will claim that by signing up, you are now at a (for all intents and purposes minuscule) higher risk of identity theft (assuming you don't provide them with false information to begin with) then you were before you signed up?

Oh, and then we get the obligatory plug for E-Ponies from Flysofree... :lol: :lol:

Way to kill a thread before it gets started. Job well done boys.
The thread was taken over by the "something about nothing"guys.

JohnGalt1
12-13-2014, 08:59 AM
To post here for free, don't we have to sign up?

cj
12-13-2014, 11:55 AM
Ok, it's fast. What's the ancient Chinese secret?

Server tech? Caching? Come on....give us a hint.

I honestly have no idea.

cfcrider
12-13-2014, 01:44 PM
If TimeformUS had speed like that, I'd be at the betting window much earlier.

MarcAtTimeformUS
12-13-2014, 05:47 PM
Sure Dave, you have a lot of options.
If on iPad, flip the screen sideways and you'll see the last 15+ lines.
If desktop browser, typically there's a way to reduce the size to add more of the graphics.
There's also an expand PPs button that minimizes everything except the running lines.

MarcAtTimeformUS
12-13-2014, 05:55 PM
We basically started the company to find ways to get CJ to say "I honestly have no idea." :D

Our engineering team got really sick of the way the core PP data was delivered and processed, and campaigned to handle it in a different way. That campaign won. All kidding aside, that's why we started the company.

Maryland Owner
12-14-2014, 09:08 PM
Just wish they offered some sort of unlimited package ala DRF, BRIS, and TIMEFORM

thaskalos
12-14-2014, 09:32 PM
We basically started the company to find ways to get CJ to say "I honestly have no idea." :D

Our engineering team got really sick of the way the core PP data was delivered and processed, and campaigned to handle it in a different way. That campaign won. All kidding aside, that's why we started the company.

What took you guys so long? Was it necessary to leave us struggling with the DRF all these years? :)

PaceAdvantage
12-15-2014, 01:04 AM
To post here for free, don't we have to sign up?But it's not free. You had to sign up... :rolleyes: :lol:

kingfin66
12-15-2014, 11:56 PM
Yep, this is exactly what I am hoping to see from TimeformUS. For those who have not used Timeform yet, the speed that the PPs in the link move at are much, much faster. I cannot wait for the upgrade!