PDA

View Full Version : Race 2, BIG A, Dec 12th.

Stillriledup
12-11-2014, 11:08 PM
Nice maiden race.

Watched a few tapes here, Madroos caught my eye a bit. Chased sprint fractions off the rail working hard to keep up, was a bit unfocused turning into the lane, was urged hard left handed and appeared to be going nowhere, but switched leads in midstretch and found another gear, got focused and finished with very nice reach, great route prep and adds lasix. Might get some value too w Franco choosing off. (Franco picking TAP doesn't indicate to me that he necessarily thinks he's riding a better horse and even if he thinks he's picking the better horse, he doesn't have to be right).

Fowler Ave raced well last time, VERY wide and continued on gamely. I haven't seen too many very game horses by this sire, but i liked how this one continued on after massive ground loss and nice turn move. Blinkers on and off now back on again, not sure what that means, but 10-1 ML he can sneak in there, probably a bit better animal than he looks on paper.

Net Gain is going to take lots of play, people are going to love the FTL as well as the blinkers and the 2 prep races, They're also going to love that its a Mott horse which means he was probably brought along slowly and should still have some improvement left in the tank. He lost lots of ground in both career starts, had good kicks both times from tough spots and galloped out pretty well on Nov 19th.

I don't know that the 6 is a better horse than the 1 and my gut tells me the 6 will be a much shorter price.

What do you do with the fancy Pletcher firsters? Tough call. If one of the Pletchers gets bet like he's a star horse, than ill reevaluate my thinking, or probably skip the race.

Ocala Mike
12-12-2014, 09:28 AM
Sounds like an interesting, but tough, maiden race. I don't have access to the PP's; are there any 2nd-time starters in the race?

Tall One
12-12-2014, 09:52 AM
The :1: is making his second start..:3: &:6: fourth and third starts respectfully.

I think Pletcher charge :7: is live, SRU..3 of last 4 works at 5f, including a 1:00 bullet coming into this one. Franco up..got a few things going here, but like you said, lets see what the tote board says.

Edits--TP's other firster, the :4: (Irad named today) worked in company with the :7: on the 30th.

Auction price: :4: $550,000 :7: $260,000...

aaron
12-12-2014, 10:52 AM
I think Net Gain is the horse to beat. He gets lasix. He was agaist a rail bias in his last. He ran well at a mile. He will probably be to short to bet.He gets blinkers that should put him in a better position today.Pletcher FTS must be watched.Weaver also dangerous with FTS and the horse is bred.

Exotic1
12-12-2014, 10:55 AM
Nice maiden race.

Watched a few tapes here, Madroos caught my eye a bit. Chased sprint fractions off the rail working hard to keep up, was a bit unfocused turning into the lane, was urged hard left handed and appeared to be going nowhere, but switched leads in midstretch and found another gear, got focused and finished with very nice reach, great route prep and adds lasix. Might get some value too w Franco choosing off. (Franco picking TAP doesn't indicate to me that he necessarily thinks he's riding a better horse and even if he thinks he's picking the better horse, he doesn't have to be right).

Fowler Ave raced well last time, VERY wide and continued on gamely. I haven't seen too many very game horses by this sire, but i liked how this one continued on after massive ground loss and nice turn move. Blinkers on and off now back on again, not sure what that means, but 10-1 ML he can sneak in there, probably a bit better animal than he looks on paper.

Net Gain is going to take lots of play, people are going to love the FTL as well as the blinkers and the 2 prep races, They're also going to love that its a Mott horse which means he was probably brought along slowly and should still have some improvement left in the tank. He lost lots of ground in both career starts, had good kicks both times from tough spots and galloped out pretty well on Nov 19th.

I don't know that the 6 is a better horse than the 1 and my gut tells me the 6 will be a much shorter price.

What do you do with the fancy Pletcher firsters? Tough call. If one of the Pletchers gets bet like he's a star horse, than ill reevaluate my thinking, or probably skip the race.

What did you think of how the track was playing on the 19th? Last couple of races may have been rail and speed favoring compared to the earlier races. If that is so then Net Gain gets an upgrade. Not sure hes' a two turn horse though.

aaron
12-12-2014, 11:36 AM
I thought the last 3 race son the 19th were run on a good rail/speed favoring track. Will se if I am right today.

Ocala Mike
12-12-2014, 12:32 PM
Noted that the double with the :3: dropped from $60 to $39 (for a buck). Gonna try this one W/P. Maybe take a :1: / :6: , :1: / :6: , :3: a little.

Ocala Mike
12-12-2014, 12:55 PM
Pletcher! Switching my tack to GP tomorrow; he'll probably beat me there too.

Stillriledup
12-12-2014, 01:41 PM
Pletcher! Switching my tack to GP tomorrow; he'll probably beat me there too.

Yes, this was a good sign, if TAP is winning a race with his "2nd string" you can bet a fairly good amount he's going to be his usual strong self with these types of horses down south.

Enjoy the warmth, send a postcard!

Tall One
12-12-2014, 01:48 PM
Yes, this was a good sign, if TAP is winning a race with his "2nd string" you can bet a fairly good amount he's going to be his usual strong self with these types of horses down south.

Enjoy the warmth, send a postcard!

Over twelve and change back...not bad.

If $550K is a "second stringer"...then salud Don Corleone..I mean, Pletcher :lol:

Stillriledup
12-12-2014, 02:09 PM
Over twelve and change back...not bad.

If $550K is a "second stringer"...then salud Don Corleone..I mean, Pletcher :lol:

Yes, you are in pretty good shape when you can have half million dollar horses living and training in the cold wet weather while you work on your tan down south with the "better" animals. :D