PDA

View Full Version : Truth Lights up an Ohio Courtroom

Ocala Mike
12-10-2014, 03:54 PM
A beacon of hope for those trying to perfect our criminal justice system:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/nation/third-man-exonerated-in-1975-cleveland-slaying/2209638

thaskalos
12-10-2014, 10:22 PM
Maybe JustRalph can tell us why the police would coerce false testimony from an eye-witness. Sending an innocent man to death row is about as despicable an act as one can imagine...no?

http://gawker.com/prosecutor-who-sent-innocent-man-to-death-row-proud-hes-1631877118

Hank
12-11-2014, 08:48 PM
And then they wonder why. ;)

Tom
12-11-2014, 08:54 PM
Maybe JustRalph can tell us why the police would coerce false testimony from an eye-witness. Sending an innocent man to death row is about as despicable an act as one can imagine...no?

http://gawker.com/prosecutor-who-sent-innocent-man-to-death-row-proud-hes-1631877118

You think Ralph would condone this?
Really?

Tom
12-11-2014, 08:57 PM
And then they wonder why. ;)

Who wonders what?

cj's dad
12-11-2014, 09:20 PM

I know Ralph, he is one of the most upstandindg persons I have ever met. Don't embarrass yourself by trying to minimize his accomplishments as a police officer in various locales thru the US. What you do is make an ass of yourself.

JustRalph
12-11-2014, 09:27 PM

Somehow I missed this. Ummm...... It's Cleveland in the 70's. Enough said.........

Spiderman
12-12-2014, 09:12 AM
I know Ralph, he is one of the most upstandindg persons I have ever met. Don't embarrass yourself by trying to minimize his accomplishments as a police officer in various locales thru the US. What you do is make an ass of yourself.

Thasks post recognized JR as the PA authority on matters regarding police enforcement. There should not have been any reading of an intent to demean JR.

Spiderman
12-12-2014, 09:13 AM
Somehow I missed this. Ummm...... It's Cleveland in the 70's. Enough said.........

Sure, shrug it off.

ArlJim78
12-12-2014, 09:37 AM
Thasks post recognized JR as the PA authority on matters regarding police enforcement. There should not have been any reading of an intent to demean JR.
you're joking right?

JustRalph
12-12-2014, 01:42 PM
Sure, shrug it off.

What am I supposed to say? I know nothing of the case. I don't know what the hell was going on in Cleveland in 1975. I lived two hours south in Columbus and was hoping my 8th period girlfriend wasn't going to find out about my new fulltime girlfriend who was a junior at the next high school over. That and trying to keep my car running were pretty much all I cared about in life at that time.

I will tell you this. I was a police officer in Ohio for ten years. I started in Ohio ten years after this case. Cleveland was a crappy department then and it was full of My brother in law got me the job types and assholes ten years later. We all attended the same state schools etc. I only met a few Cleveland cops in schools but let's just say they gave me very little confidence in the background check they were getting. But with that being said......HOW THE HELL SHOULD I KNOW.

Thask is just busting my balls anyway.......no sweat

thaskalos
12-12-2014, 02:39 PM
I happen to hold JustRalph in the highest regard...and I believe that I have told him so more than once. There was no malice at all meant by my remark, and I trust he knows that. Just a little good-natured ribbing, that's all...which I always thought was permitted here. Or is the joking here only supposed to go one way? :)

JustRalph
12-12-2014, 03:37 PM
I happen to hold JustRalph in the highest regard...and I believe that I have told him so more than once. There was no malice at all meant by my remark, and I trust he knows that. Just a little good-natured ribbing, that's all...which I always thought was permitted here. Or is the joking here only supposed to go one way? :)

Exactly how I took it. :ThmbUp:

iceknight
12-12-2014, 05:27 PM
was hoping my 8th period girlfriend wasn't going to find out about my new fulltime girlfriend who was a junior at the next high school over. That and trying to keep my car running were pretty much all I cared about in life at that time. .. But with that being said......HOW THE HELL SHOULD I KNOW.

Thask is just busting my balls anyway.......no sweat Ok, let's talk about the more interesting stuff now. Full time is 40 hours with benefits or .. :lol: 70's seem like a fun time!

JustRalph
12-12-2014, 06:46 PM
Ok, let's talk about the more interesting stuff now. Full time is 40 hours with benefits or .. :lol: 70's seem like a fun time!

It was the era of Disco. coming of age in the 70's was a grand experience.

I was barely at school.......... working a job at night, at a pizza shop. I had some money, a car and played Foosball until 2a on the weekends. I would go back in a minute.........

and

A shot of penicillin could cure anything........... :ThmbUp: :lol:

Tom
12-12-2014, 09:12 PM
It was the era of Disco. coming of age in the 70's was a grand experience.

Grand experience?
You mean miracle! :eek:

I graduated in '69 and then there was this haze, then the 80's.
I was Disco DJ and that was a blast!
u1qN6gLbUMw

JustRalph
01-07-2015, 10:31 PM

I know there is another thread somewhere about this incident, but this speaks to the Cleveland PD side of this thread...........

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/officer-tamir-rice-failed-exam-sheriff-deputy?utm_content=buffer19307&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

A Friggin 46%.......