PDA

View Full Version : Wed., A6

Cholly
12-09-2014, 02:51 PM
Forget about the Queens County on Saturday, or those stakes races down at Calder East the same day, for me this is the Race Of The Week. Two turns on the inner is one of the great things about this time of year...these races have a drama that just can’t be duplicated on the Belmont dragstrip.

Mr. Blewitt will no doubt label these “a salty bunch of New York-breds”. The track should be sloppy or muddy, but even if the eleven entries shrink by one or a few, this will be a very well matched race where any one of a number figure.

Usually when I think I see a blown morning line, Mr. Donovan turns out to be more right than wrong (and certainly more right than me). But a couple of M/L odds here look whacko. When I first looked at the race, I picked out six horses as likely single-digit odds, and thought the Dutrow horse might be favored coming off a 4-length romp in an SN1X field. I was shocked to see Seal Team Four at 12-1...no way, I say--not a Dutrow horse in a state bred race.

I saw Gyramati’s horse as one who might get off at double digits, and was anxious to bet Deceived if that was so. But the M/L has him at 2-1--off what?..beating a bunch of two & just-turned-three year olds twelve months ago. These are real race horses he’s running against here...can't see this one going as the favorite.

A lot of things to like about this race--and one of them is that Jacobsen doesn’t have an entry.

slihawk
12-09-2014, 03:41 PM
I like Rudy's horse
your right about the MLs in this race Im not a NY player and maybe Im missing something but Seal Team Four 12-1 no way...also cant believe this is 2nd time L seems odd...no..?

Tor Ekman
12-09-2014, 03:41 PM
I'll take :3: Joe Mooch under lighter weight

slihawk
12-09-2014, 03:54 PM
and the 7 ran 4th in Derby
This is a puzzle
Most really dont like to win
The 10 pp doesn't fare to well here but that 2x L bothers me
oh sorry just babbling

Appy
12-09-2014, 04:43 PM
You right Chollie. Good eye for a very interesting race.

By the numbers #5 Deceived is the one, but he also looks pretty beatable from several angles.
You have 2 earlies, 5 early pressers, and 3 pressers to work the shape.

I'm curious to see how the 6 and 7 fare at the wire in this one.
Unfortunately I think you'll see odds plummet on the 7.

Ocala Mike
12-09-2014, 06:05 PM
What Appy said. Checked Beer and Blewitt's picks for this race and they're all over the map with their selections. Beer has :6: :8: :5: :4: :3: and Blewitt
has :7: :5: :2: :1: :10: . Only horse not mentioned is the :9: , and only horse mentioned by both is the :5: . If I'm on-line tomorrow afternoon, I'll see if anything comes up in the double betting. May not even try to handicap this monkey puzzle.

bello
12-10-2014, 10:31 AM
Toughest race on the card...made even tougher by the slop and not knowing how the track is playing. Late scratches will be key also.

Spiderman
12-10-2014, 10:43 AM
Toughest race on the card...made even tougher by the slop and not knowing how the track is playing. Late scratches will be key also.

No one scratched in 6th. Back later with a pick.

bello
12-10-2014, 10:49 AM
I was hoping for scratches since I am leaning toward the #10 Seal Team Four. Based on his last, seems like Dutrow found the secret to getting him to run (Lasix). He may be able to speed pop the field and even if he doesn't clear, he can stalk.

Spiderman
12-10-2014, 11:12 AM
I will use the following in first leg of P4: :4: :6: :7:

Cholly
12-10-2014, 11:38 AM
It appears all ten will go...Amazing!

Ocala called this one correctly: “a monkey puzzle”. I’ll enjoy watching, but probably sit on my wallet. Still can’t see NY bettors showing enough love to make Deceived the favorite, but I’m not going to see any 12-1 on him, either. If Joe Mooch were to drift up to double digits, I’ll get a fiver or two down.

Spiderman
12-10-2014, 11:45 AM
It appears all ten will go...Amazing!

Probably an indication that track conditions will improve, sloppy to good or wet fast

Ocala Mike
12-10-2014, 02:24 PM
An analysis of the D/D betting leads me to the :1: , BLUEGRASS CAT. Early board lukewarm on him, but don't expect much of a drift in price. Probably get 4-1 or so here. My bet is 10 units on :1: , and a 1 unit exacta wheel, ALL/ :1: .

Cholly
12-10-2014, 02:26 PM
Double will-pays suggest :5: will go off as luke-warm favorite @ 3-1; :1: will be 7-2; and the :7: should be 9-2. Most of the test bunched around 8 or 10-1
might get a price on the :3: after all...we'll see

woodtoo
12-10-2014, 02:41 PM
Playing the recently gelded :8: w :3: :10:

bello
12-10-2014, 02:49 PM
Israel Rodriguez will be this winters inner track star apprentice. Gets to the rail in virtually every race which is how you win on this track

bello
12-10-2014, 02:50 PM
Playing the recently gelded :8: w :3: :10:
I sure hope you also boxed these three.....nice handicapping

Ocala Mike
12-10-2014, 02:53 PM
Great call on JOE MOOCH and the exacta. Knew I should have stayed out. Need Jacobson's entry in the 8th to salvage something for the day.

Spiderman
12-10-2014, 03:26 PM
I'll take :3: Joe Mooch under lighter weight
Good call.

Stillriledup
12-10-2014, 03:37 PM
I keyed off the 3 and 4, in exas and tris, Missed the tri because i kicked out the 8 in the 2nd spot on my p/w....and of course, he made up 500 lengths in the last 3 steps to catch me on the stripe. If the 8 is 3rd or nowhere, i hit the tri, him getting 2nd was no good for me. Lucky i had a few clams to win.

Cholly
12-10-2014, 03:55 PM
Usually when I think I see a blown morning line, Mr. Donovan turns out to be more right than wrong (and certainly more right than me). But a couple of M/L odds here look whacko. When I first looked at the race, I picked out six horses as likely single-digit odds, and thought the Dutrow horse might be favored coming off a 4-length romp in an SN1X field. I was shocked to see Seal Team Four at 12-1...no way, I say--not a Dutrow horse in a state bred race.

I saw Gyramati’s horse as one who might get off at double digits, and was anxious to bet Deceived if that was so. But the M/L has him at 2-1--off what?..beating a bunch of two & just-turned-three year olds twelve months ago. These are real race horses he’s running against here...can't see this one going as the favorite. Well, it turned out to be only a slightly blown M/L. Mr. Donovan (?) had Deceived as the fav. and Seal Team @ 12-1. I though Seal would be the fav and Deceived 12-1....they ended up being the 3rd and 4th public choices @ 9-2 & 6-1. Joe Mooch's odds were a shock: trained by Linda Rice and 2nd at this level last out...I figured maybe 5-1 was the best to expect--Go Figure!

woodtoo
12-10-2014, 05:20 PM
I sure hope you also boxed these three.....nice handicapping
I wish. :bang: