PDA

View Full Version : My wait is over!

zico20
12-08-2014, 07:08 PM
Thursday at Los Alamitos Bernster is running in the 4th. A Baffert trained Storm Cat horse who ran lights out in his debut, going 44 to the half as the favorite. He ran second and now catches a weak field. After his debut I stashed 2000 away to bet on him next time out.

The problem is that was in December 2011! The other big problem is I forgot where I stashed the 2000. :D It was so long ago.

Okay, seriously now, what happened.

A) Someone stole the horse and they just got him back after paying a ransom.
B) The horse has been injured for three years non stop.
C) The horse went to the breeding shed and couldn't produce.
D) They have been waiting for Los Alamitos to open.

I would not bet the horse if it is B or C. If it was A or D then I might be inclined to pounce on him.

He has been working 5 or 6 furlongs EVERY week since Sept. 18th. That is a lot of workouts, all at Los Alamitos.

Does anyone know for real what happened to this horse?

taxicab
12-08-2014, 08:19 PM
The IRA mistook him for Shergar's son.
Your hero magically reappeared in BB barn one morning with a tag on his hoof reading "sorry about that Bob.......no hard feelings :).....best of luck to you and the misses".

gillenr
12-08-2014, 11:51 PM
After his first start he ran off & they just caught him.

davew
12-09-2014, 12:22 AM
I bet you were really excited when Bernster was entered 7/22/2012 at Del Mar in the 9th.

castaway01
12-09-2014, 03:00 AM
After his first start he ran off & they just caught him.

I always liked that joke...

I actually thought maybe the OP was pregnant and I was going to offer my congratulations. Instead it was just about a horse. Darn.

zappedbythevicar
12-11-2014, 01:18 AM
love the story about the guy at aqueduct who got tired of the daily grind decides to wait for the right horse in the right spot no matter how long it takes. after 6 months of stashing money away waiting for the biggest and most important bet of his life he finds the right horse in the right race at 20/1. he walks up to the teller and nervously and softly says "give me $5,000 to win on the 6". the teller says quizzically "did you say the 6?" wanting to make sure he got the bet correct. the guy says to the teller "why, who do you like?"

Stillriledup
12-11-2014, 05:07 PM
1,081 days = TRACK RECORD!!

What's UP. :ThmbUp:

MOG4023
12-11-2014, 05:09 PM
love the story about the guy at aqueduct who got tired of the daily grind decides to wait for the right horse in the right spot no matter how long it takes. after 6 months of stashing money away waiting for the biggest and most important bet of his life he finds the right horse in the right race at 20/1. he walks up to the teller and nervously and softly says "give me $5,000 to win on the 6". the teller says quizzically "did you say the 6?" wanting to make sure he got the bet correct. the guy says to the teller "why, who do you like?"

Got a chuckle out of that one.........oh the inhumanity in it all.......

picojim
12-11-2014, 05:12 PM
2000= $6000 :)

DelMarJay
12-11-2014, 05:13 PM
Gotta love the exacta horse too. Some statistics just don't matter sometimes.

Stillriledup
12-11-2014, 05:15 PM
Gotta love the exacta horse too. Some statistics just don't matter sometimes.

Monster layoff also. You rarely get two horses off those long of a layoffs who run 1-2.

Maybe the longer the better in this modern era.

thespaah
12-11-2014, 06:28 PM
The horse had a part time job at a feed and tack shop?

clemkadiddle
12-11-2014, 09:58 PM
Thursday at Los Alamitos Bernster is running in the 4th. A Baffert trained Storm Cat horse who ran lights out in his debut, going 44 to the half as the favorite. He ran second and now catches a weak field. After his debut I stashed 2000 away to bet on him next time out.

The problem is that was in December 2011! The other big problem is I forgot where I stashed the 2000. :D It was so long ago.

Okay, seriously now, what happened.

A) Someone stole the horse and they just got him back after paying a ransom.
B) The horse has been injured for three years non stop.
C) The horse went to the breeding shed and couldn't produce.
D) They have been waiting for Los Alamitos to open.

I would not bet the horse if it is B or C. If it was A or D then I might be inclined to pounce on him.

He has been working 5 or 6 furlongs EVERY week since Sept. 18th. That is a lot of workouts, all at Los Alamitos.

Does anyone know for real what happened to this horse?

Unless he ends up in a half-miler at HAZEL PARK, I wouldn't touch him...but if he's at Hazel Park I wouldn't touch him anyway.

castaway01
12-12-2014, 12:24 AM

I like it...and let's be honest, we'll see bettors do something pretty close to that, if not for $5000.

Stillriledup
02-13-2015, 04:29 AM
Bernster alert, 7th race at SA on Friday the 13th!!

Appy
02-13-2015, 09:48 AM
"My name is _____________ and I have a gambling problem. I bet on Friday the 13th."
:rolleyes: :)

Ocala Mike
02-13-2015, 10:53 AM
Love it, Appy! I'm not superstitious, but I'm gonna do some yard/farm work today and wait until tomorrow (Valentine's Day) to get the cobwebs off the bankroll.

Maybe the hunches tomorrow will be grey horses ("Fifty Shades of Grey" opening) or horses with a love connection in their name. Is Three Hearts running again? I need another score like her.

Bennie
02-13-2015, 05:39 PM
Ocala Mike - obvious you are not superstitious with the black cat in your icon. I too am not superstitious as my wife and I have 3 black cats that we found just before we bought our house and moved out of an apartment 11 years ago. We love them to death and consider 3 black cats crossing our path to be one of our luckiest days ever.

Stillriledup
02-13-2015, 05:53 PM
Love it, Appy! I'm not superstitious, but I'm gonna do some yard/farm work today and wait until tomorrow (Valentine's Day) to get the cobwebs off the bankroll.

Maybe the hunches tomorrow will be grey horses ("Fifty Shades of Grey" opening) or horses with a love connection in their name. Is Three Hearts running again? I need another score like her.

Hazards of Love tomorrow at Fair Grounds is a good "bet against". Paging RF, Paging RF!!

moneyandland
02-13-2015, 06:09 PM
http://s29.postimg.org/9du2jhw53/save.png (http://postimage.org/)
pic host (http://postimage.org/)

Ocala Mike
02-13-2015, 09:23 PM
Bennie, three cats here too, but tuxedos and not all black. Each one a rescue, and each one a different personality (or catsonality).

Appy
02-13-2015, 09:44 PM
"Maybe the hunches tomorrow will be...horses with a love connection in their name."

My wife thinks I'm not so amorous on racing days. I went with Grit (call it a hunch if you like, I call it my "angle play") at FG today rather than Hazards of Love. Wife loves those 24.80 winners just fine! :ThmbUp:

Bennie
02-13-2015, 10:21 PM
Ocala - 3 brothers all black were strays and although brothers, they too all have a different "catsonality". That is how we gave they names. Rambo because he was rambunctious, Romeo because he is a lover, and Scary because he was a scared-y cat. I often look for horses with names that remind me of them. That is how I hooked on a horse at Gulfstream 2 weeks ago named Ramble. What was even more interesting was when I watched the race, a maiden turf race, the horse had a clear lead coming down the stretch but was running a little "uncoordinated " like our other cat scary runs.
Not the way I usually handicap a race but when I see them, I will include them.

tucker6
02-15-2015, 07:13 AM
Bernster alert, 7th race at SA on Friday the 13th!!
ended up 9th out of 10. Early speed, faded badly in stretch...

Spiderman
02-15-2015, 09:44 AM

I played Loveisheartandsoul at GP, yesterday. Finished with good energy.